Intern at Owens Corning Internship? Submit a Review

Hands on experience with a team that wants you to win.

Growth opportunity

I would have liked just a little bit more variety.

Come to learn and treat the entire program as a job interview, anything can happen afterwards.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed everything about my management team and leaders. They were AMAZING!!!!

Growth, leadership and lifelong relationships

Toledo, OH | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

They really listen to what the interns want and were very flexible regarding work environments. We were also given multiple opportunities to not only interact and get to know the company culture but to get to know the Toledo area by participating in service events and baseball games. Last but not least, I learned so much from an amazing team and grew myself personally and professionally.

The programs are competitive and the last two weeks are stressful, but the intern group I was with still got along great!

NETWORK! This is a company that is very interested in the interns and up to the executive and VP level will be interested in what you have to say or answer any questions. Touch bases were amazing to increase my network.

Mainly behavioral questions starting with "tell me about a time when..." They love the STAR technique to answer their questions!

Come ready to work hard and grow tremendously.

Toledo, OH | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The leadership was amazing in the corporate communications department and the HR team was supportive and transparent. I was able to own my own projects, be a part of the team and ultimately grow into the kind of employee they were willing to hire.

There was no way to transfer to DC.

Treat everyday like an interview. Put in your best work, be ok with knowing there is a lot to learn and lean on your supervisors and department leaders. This is the most rewarding opportunity for someone like us starting out our careers. Come in looking and acting professionally, have respect for yourself and others. Accept critiques, that is what helps you grow the most!

Advice to Management

Keep trusting and pushing the interns and treating them like teammates.

Real world experience in a great environment

Toledo, OH | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real world experience and projects we were given.
Company atmosphere

I wish the interns got to know each other sooner

Meet the other interns early. You will learn a lot from each other and can help each other along the way. Ask questions to full time employees. That is how you learn.

Advice to Management

NA

All interview questions were STAR based

I have found Owens Corning to be a wonderful place to work because of its open and friendy culture.

Toledo, OH | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed working with the HRIS team. All of them were very welcoming and everyone was willing to help me with any questions. I am continually impressed with the openness and humility that I have found with all of the HR leaders. I have never felt like I was any less of a priority because I'm an intern. Overall, I have had a very enriching experience that I would recommend to any of my peers.

I would have appreciated a more formalized onboarding process similar to the experience that the Finance interns received where expectations are set from the start of the internship.

I would tell them about the being able to travel to see some of our plants, volunteering opportunities and the chance to really get to know the company's leadership.

Quality work and experience

Toledo, OH | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Given the freedom to be creative, doing meaningful work that will last longer than my time there

Occasionally, too many email conversations.

It was a great experience and offered so many learning experiences. Also, great exposure and networking.

Advice to Management

Could structure on boarding training better.

Tell me about a time you have experienced conflict and tell me how you worked through it.

Meaningful projects add value to experience

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great people to work with that are willing to help with whatever is needed.

Sometimes it can be difficult to find housing.

Always ask questions and seek help when working on projects; they love to help. Seek projects related to topics you are interested in because they like to get you exposed to all aspects of the business.

A very well rounded experience in a welcoming and interesting environment.

Kansas City, KS | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the company culture, the involvement in day to day activities that mattered.

Working in 100 + temps at times, as well as some of the data analytics.

If you enjoy a team oriented and family culture, as well as challenging and rewarding work, this is a good internship.

Owens Corning was a great place to learn and grow my skill set. Your are challenged with real work and plenty of resources to be successful

Toledo, OH | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing work environment. Access to leadership to gain knowledge from them about ways to grow. They make the interns feel like part of the company. We got to play interns vs leaders in a softball game which was also very fun. How often does the CEO of a fortune 500 company take time out of his/her day and come pitch in a softball game to the interns.

When competing for a full time offer against the other interns in your area you may not be given the same opportunities. For example one person may be given a project that is better than other which may in turn give them a leg up on other interns.

I would most definitely consider Owens Corning, the worst thing that could happen is that your skill set and corporate knowledge grow. You feel like part of the company I feel like they go above and beyond for their interns.

Never feel like "just an intern"

Toledo, OH | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

So many opportunities to network, special intern projects and events, great opportunities for further employment

Sometimes there wasn'tmuch to do, but that is with any job. This really didn't happen that often

Large corporation so be prepared for a lot of people and levels to get through to get anything approved.

Advice to Management

Other sales intern programs do pay better so OC should evaluate that

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.