Intern at Owens Corning Internship? Submit a Review

My impact on OC

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The collaborative work and the ability to leave an impact on OC through the projects assigned to me.

There was too much emphasis on networking, which put less time on my calendar to get a true look at day-to-day work in operations accountant.

I wish the social aspect of the internship would have been stressed more before starting.

Exciting, and really an eye opening experience to the real world financial experience.

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work relationships, intern activities, running the community service project

The food in the cafeteria wasn't the best, everything else was good!

The atmosphere and how everyone treats the interns very well. You aren't looked at as an intern and more of as a real employee. It's a 3 month interview for a the full time offer.

Advice to Management

Really everything has been amazing so far, I enjoy coming to work everyday.

Tell me a time when you showed leadership amongst a group?

Enter as an intern, operate as a global expert.

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, autonomy, and experience.

Lack of travel to global plants to gain insight into manufacturing operations.

While you may enter afraid of taking leadership on a project, there are tons of different avenues for advice and assistance.

Advice to Management

Open more schedule time. While touch bases are critical to employee involvement, it can become frustrating to need to schedule a short meeting 2 weeks in advance.

How would you use and collect weather data to predict shingle sales?

Great Company Culture provides Valuable and Impactful Internships

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed the work, as I felt like it was high quality and impactful to the company. I didn't feel like I was giving menial or busy work.

I truly enjoyed my experience and do not think there are any cons which I can mention.

The work is much more interesting than you think when you hear roofing, asphalt, insulation and fiberglass company.

Behavior based questions where the expected answers were S.T.A.R. answers.

I learned what it takes to be a world class maintenance personnel.

Atlanta, GA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to learn about the different systems and the pieces of equipment that we have onsite.

Working with a union environment where as a supervisor I was limited on what I could so.

They really are a good employer. If you are a hands on type person, it might take some getting used to, to not do the work yourself but allow others to do it. I wish I had known what the union restrictions were before starting.

Advice to Management

as far as hours go, I'm not a huge fan of working longer than 9 hour days. some of our full time people work 10-12 hours a day.

Describe a time where you had a professional conflict with someone but were able to resolve the conflict. What did you do?
Describe a time where you went above and beyond what was required of you.

Owens Corning's Glass City Experience

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

getting to network myself, working on a project that had direct impact on the company's financials.

I honestly can't answer that question. They did so many things well for me I cant think of something I could have complained about.

It is such a great company to be apart of. Every company promises that their company culture is great and top notch, and I have done previous internships before this, yet Owens Corning is the only company that could actually back what they were saying. Toledo is an up and coming city.

Owens Corning: where you find growth, opportunity, and challenge in everything you do.

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The close knit community of interns and availability of the full time staff. The full time employees were always very willing to help.

It was overwhelming at some points because of all of the responsibility handed to me. In the end, everyone was there to help me. I just needed to ask the questions.

Ask lots of questions and find ways to separate yourself from the other people going for the same job.

OC Supports Sourcing Intern with Passion for Sustainability

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

being recognized for what makes me excited and happy, easy to network across the company, warm and welcome culture, opportunity to have real impact

"vanilla" conservative attitudes at times, lack diversity amongst interns, occasional slow days with lots of desk work

Toledo has potential but is not yet a vibrant, fun place to live and work - must be willing to compromise the location for the job.

EXCEL EXCEL EXCEL

Columbus, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people of F6

The process is hard to understand

Owens Corning is really big. You will not have immediate impact.

I performed valuable work throughout the summer and enjoyed coming to work every day.

Culture, Exposure, Valuable Work

No projects that interns work on together

This company is very driven off of relationships and communication, come in to the internship ready to network and talk to coworkers every day.

Advice to Management

Strive for more diversity in interns who come from different backgrounds.

- What are the 3 financial statements? Which of these is most useful when trying to find the value of a company?
- What classes have you taken in school to prepare you for this internship?
- How have you been involved in your community?