AOL Internship Program

Intern at AOL Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Apply your theoretical knowledge to real-life challenges.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Doing exciting research which fit to my actual knowledge and interests.

I wish the pay was a little bit higher.

AOL R&D is an excellent place for those majoring in EE, CS, and applied statistics to do research in online advertising and social media.

An Opportunity Not to Miss
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Definitely the people--everyone I have encountered at my time at AOL are nothing but helpful and encouraging.

Commuting to the location from New Jersey--but only sometimes.

I think it would hard to find another digital media company with all of the aspects of AOL.

An Amazing Opportunity to Experience, Learn and Thrive with a Special Company in an Innovative Industry.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

experience, knowledge, career building, confidence building, networking, opportunity

hard getting hire full time because of expense issues

take full advantage of every opportunity and never second guess!

Advice to Management

having management be more verbal with everyone. i was in the process of getting hired full time multiple times but was lead on for a few times without many answers for them to give me for a lengthy period of time. i understand this happens but keeping someone up to date and aware can make them comfortable while working everyday.

THE place to intern
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company culture, the responsibility given, the learning experience, the company's employees

The intern to full time process was lengthy, but not impossible

there is no better place to intern then at AOL. Before coming here, I had 4 other internships. I learned more here in my first week then I did in all of my other internships combined.

Never a dull moment - always on the go!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

meeting like minded people and building a global network and developing my communication skills

I would like more responsibility within my role

be keen and research the company well

Advice to Management

better monitoring of progress

AOL Internship, where culture, experience, and fun collide.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

the culture, my team was absolutely amazing and supportive, the constant opportunities for growth in the industry and company, the learning opportunities, etc.

to be completely honest, there is nothing i didn't like. this was my favorite internship to date.

be yourself in the interview and on the job, that will help you out the most. also, have clear goals in mind and be very vocal about what you're looking to get out of the internship.

Advice to Management

maybe offer more training opportunities to interns? i went to Baltimore for Ad.com training because i was very vocal about the opportunity to work at AOL, but maybe present these opportunities to other ambitious interns as well.

Event Planner Bootcamp
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentorship, training, and repsonsibility given to me to prepare me for a full-time role and the experience of integrating with a very talented team.

It was very stressful at times and I had to really grow a thick skin and grow up very quickly.

AOL does a great job of giving interns a great hands-on working experience and giving interns responsibility and making them feel empowered and part of their team. My experience was invaluable and have heard the same from many interns who didn't ever feel like they were an "intern" we all felt like we were working a new full time job with real responsibility and real traiing for our futures.

Advice to Management

AOL's biggest challenge is a work-life balance. Although it varies from team to team, and we have a wonderful company culture that supports fun and family and home life, some teams are understaffed and so there is less of a work-life balance that some would like. And, they hire a lot of people who pour themselves into work and perpetuate that lifestyle.

AOL is a company of smart, curious and ambitious people - they hire and empower smart people who love what they do
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Office culture, career development/mentorship opportunities

the whole thing was amazing

This internship taught me the importance of corporate culture and how necessary it is to find one that fits. AOL is great company and that empowers their employees to make a difference and be passionate about what they do.

Advice to Management

AOL has a great online university that you can take career development courses, however I would have loved the opportunity to take more in-person/classroom type courses - like public speaking for example

This was a great opportunity to learn about various aspects of digital media.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great learning opportunity, many events to network and meet people you don't work with everyday.

With such a big company, it's a bit harder to get the lay of the land in a short time.

This is great company that offers the benefits of a corporate culture with a start-up feel.

Best place to work in Baltimore
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people by far are the best part of the job, although the perks are also really nice

Limited access platforms and tickets

Be prepared for anything, theres lots of work to do and lots of things you will probably not understand

Advice to Management

Only that there should be more training