AOL Internship Program

Great experience

Getting to do analyst level work, exposure to company and leadership

Internship program is great, however work was not for me.

Great experience as an intern, however due to recent events and layoffs, would be wary of joining full time.

Date: 2013

Amazing, interactive learning experience with talented people in a flexible and comfortable work environment

Learning opportunities; amazing people; atmosphere

Long application process

Definitely need to love being in a social and open environment.

Date: 2013

Communicating with 100,000 people in 140 characters or less.

It was amazing to get a chance to work with various different brands that were under the AOL group, getting the different kind of feel and voices that each brand was working with. It was also very interesting to work with the various celebrities and talent that are affiliated with AOL, for example creating tweets for Nicole Richie and Rocco DiSpirito.

I do not like how big this company is, there isn't much sense of camaraderie or unity that I've felt in the last 4 months of working here. I felt very constraint with the connections I was making and the company is very segmented as to who interacts with who.

The AOL internship program allowed me to delve deeper into the field of my interest and permitted me to get a taste of what I would potentially get into once I graduate college. My supervisor made sure that I was working on interesting things yet still refining basic social media and editing skills needed for the position.

Advice to Management

Involving interns more in meetings, getting trained so that you are able to take on your own projects at the end of the internship period, more cultural programs where interns get integrated with AOL workers rather than interns only hanging out with interns, more fluidity between different brands and getting exposure to other possible positions within the company.

Date: 2013

Ready for a real job but have no experience? AOL offers great opportunities and responsibility to young candidates.

The culture and people at AOL are amazing and give you real responsibility so you actually learn from the experience.

when comparing this internships to others there is nothing i really disliked.

Good growth opportunities and great energetic smart people.

Date: 2013

My AOL Internship was both challenging and rewarding and allowed me to transition into a full-time employee

People, culture, high-level of responsibility and autonomy

Liked most - Paid social marketing Liked least - daily reporting

Must be a proactive self starter

Advice to Management

Allow interns to grow by assigning longer-term strategic projects along with day to day work

Date: 2013

Customer Satisfaction is a hefty challenge

Lots of opportunities to prove you are responsible. Represent your company by dealing with external clients Great work culture

There are no cons.

Be willing to learn, take on new challenges and ask questions

Advice to Management

Give your employees the attention they need to guide them when they need it.

Date: 2013

I turned my favorite internship into my first job.

The pay, benefits, and hard-working culture.

Occasional chaotic/extremely busy work environment.

AOL pays their interns in the online media field better than practically any other organization and offers amazing benefits and professional development opportunities through the program.

Learn Ins And Outs Of Reporting And Aggregating For A National Newspaper

The office's atmosphere and openness to your ideas, the real responsibilities you get and the pressure that comes with it.

I have a 2-hour commute and had to be in by 7:45. Was very grateful to be paid but it is low ($10/hour) considering most interns live in NYC.

Be confident in the interview process, be prepared to learn and learn fast, be able to tell them what work you've already done that you're proud of, show you know how to find good stories.

Advice to Management

Stricter rules about taking breaks and hours would be helpful as an intern only making an hourly wage. Again, grateful for the compensation but it is a little low considering offices are in NYC.

Date: 2013

The growth I achieved with the help of my boss was the most valuable part of this relationship.

My boss was a huge asset to this experience for me. He took time to mentor me about the position, but also went above and beyond to mentor me about outside life, school, programs to make work easier, and gave me projects to put it all into practice and gave me complete trust while providing guidance as needed. He also gave me the credit for my work allowing me to stand out.

I was spread thin at times, but it allowed me to grow in multiple fields and skill sets.

Interview your boss as much as they interview you. Be honest about what you are seeking. You will gain much more from a manager who knows what you want than one who is trying to figure that out. Be proactive and take advantage of opportunities at hand.

Date: 2013

AOL research internship that provided me with invaluable experience & opportunites going forward.

Opportunity for responsibility thoroughout my team Ability to travel Ability to move up/progress in the organization Great managment team/boss

Location Pay

AOL offers amazing internship opportunities that give you real world experience and possible movement in the org as full time positions.