Intern at Thrivent Financial Corporate Internship Program? Submit a Review

Discover Your Strengths & Weaknesses, Grow Your Communication Skills and Love What You Do: Intern at Thrivent

Minneapolis, MN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

From the beginning of my internship, my manager and team trusted handing over big projects to me, believing in my skills and knowing that I had the ability to tackle these projects and do them well. I loved having this responsibility and challenge.

Probably just the commute to work. Interning at Thrivent has been amazing!

It is a welcoming organization that treats its employees well and provides exceptional products.

Advice to Management

Everything was very good! We had a number of networking opportunities that I thought were SO helpful! Such a great program.

What makes you a good candidate for this position? Why should we hire you?

Great Opportunity

Appleton, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible schedule, people in the work place are very understanding and would help you with anything you don't understand.

I would rather have had an internship in Minneapolis instead of Appleton.

Thrivent Mutual Funds is a completely separate part of Thrivent Financial. It is for-profit whereas Thrivent Financial itself is non-profit.

Advice to Management

I would have wanted a little higher pay, but I'm not complaining at $18 an hour.

Explain/provide steps on how you would build an airplane.
How well do you take feedback?

The best first taste of the corporate world I could ever ask for.

Minneapolis, MN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of development, training and networking opportunities was truly endless. The people I was surrounded by each and every day made all the difference. The culture is unbeatable; the company understands what work/life balance should look and feel like. It's cool to work for a company with giving back embedded in the culture.

My commute through rush hour was the worst part; I don't have a bad thing to say and I'm being honest!

I wish I would have asked even more questions. It's amazing where one question can lead you, whether that be to a new project, to a person to network with or simply move from confusion to clarity. Everyone genuinely wants to meet you, help you and encourage you!

If you were in charge of managing a project how would you go about keeping the team members on task and focused?
Do you have experience with excel?
Are you familiar with lean six sigma?

Great Experience with Great People

Appleton, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The events, the people, and the experience

Wish we had a little more work to do

They really value you as a person. Creativity and being organized gets rewarded. Communication is key!

Advice to Management

Cheaper rent

How would you go about building an airplane?
When is a time you've had to resolve a conflict?

Real World Project Management Experience

Minneapolis, MN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Transferable skills and real life work

The commute is difficult in the summer with traffic, and expectations seemed a bit unclear at first.

The managers really want you to be able to accomplish what you want to accomplish at your internship, to be able to meet as many people as you can, and really grow as much as you can. Be open with them regarding your goals and thoughts.

Advice to Management

Projects with other interns perhaps?

Tell me about a time you carried out a project from start to finish.
What has been your experience with excel, and how have you used it?
If you were working on a project and had to work with people all across the organization (from frontline employees to corporate leadership), how would you go about getting that information, and how would you interact with those people differently?

You Won't Be Getting Other Peoples Coffee, But You WIll Need IT

Missoula, MT | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

-So fun, great team, really important projects and work

-A little bit too on my own

They expect you to jump right in, so do that.

Advice to Management

Nothing, it's really great!

-Name something you are proud of

Created useful presentations for the national sales team and gained experience in financial planning

Minneapolis, MN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I love the amount of useful work I am given on a daily basis, I always stay busy

I don't like my commute into Minneapolis (35-60 min)

everyone is super welcoming and you don't have to be too nervous when meeting others

Back to Back Internship Success

Appleton, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

flex schedule, people, culture, cafeteria, intern events such as Lambeau Field tour, volunteer opportunities, networking, quality of work, relevant experience, resume event, incorporation into the team, desire to hire,

Nothing to report

It is an organization that prides itself on it's positive culture.

Having an Internship with Thrivent Financial will set you up to have the necessary skills to be successful in any industry.

Appleton, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best parts about my internship is getting to do beneficial work that I know the company will use and instill once I leave. Also having the opportunity to network with a wide variety of people, from Vice Presidents, to hourly people in the call center, you get a good grip for the company as a whole and they will help you find the perfect spot for you. I receive a lot of support from my team and feedback that will help me in my future.

The thing that I like least is that sometimes I do not have a full day's amount of work. It doesn't happen often. I am grateful that they are honest when they don't have anything for me to do instead of making me do busywork that won't benefit the company.

I would have liked to known that while they have Christian customers, it is not a Christian company, and any one is able to work here.

Advice to Management

I do not think there is much they can do to have a better work environment. Everything here is comfortable and they provide us with a lot of amenities such as good food at lunch, onsite health care, a gym with instructors, as well as the opportunity to give back to the company.

Internship with Opportunity

Appleton, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Got to put a lot of input into what type of work I was going to be doing.
-Friendly coworkers all around
-Meaningful work given to me and my input was actually used and seen by Executives in the company to make changes.
-Flexibility of schedule
-Helped Pay for relocation housing

-Corporate Structure so a lot of people are in lots of meetings - makes it hard (especially in the first few weeks of the job) to integrate into your role as fast as you would like and to stay busy.
-IT/Hardware is behind the game in my opinion to other top companies (most of their stuff requires the use of internet explorer)

They do stress it a lot, but know that 99% of the people here are more than willing and happy to help you with pretty much anything they can. Even meeting people.

Advice to Management

I think if you want to attract a younger crowd, quality of tech makes a huge impression on the younger generation. Start processes to upgrade this.