Intern at Liberty Mutual Insurance Internship Program? Submit a Review

Great development program to utilize tools developed in MBA for real-world applications

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The structure and resources of the development program.

The summer was too short

Fantastic work/life balance. My manager was very flexible as long as I got my overall project done.

Great opportunity for learning and growth and such an amazing company with great values and people

Concord, NH | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were how much I learned and how amazing my team was

I least like some of the monotonous tasks, however that comes with every job

You must be willing and open to learning because there is a lot of new concepts and systems to learn inside and out

Advice to Management

I found myself lost at times when I first started and my managers were extremely approachable so it was fine for me to just ask questions, but I can see this being a problem for others, maybe 1 on 1 check ins for the first 1-2 weeks to address any questions or concerns

What is your biggest weakness?

Where have I gained skills throughout my experiences that will help me excel in my position?

An exciting and challenging internship where you are expected to do real work like the full time employees.

Seattle, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I have really enjoyed that this internship gives us real experience and projects that are critical to our team's development. We are not just getting coffee or making copies, but we are given an individual project hat you are expected to see throughout the whole process and present your findings or progress at the end of the summer to the other interns, managers, and company executives. Because of this, I have learned many invaluable technical and business skills that I will use for the rest of my life.

Since most interns are given just one individual project, you do not have someone telling you what tasks to do each day. Because of this, it is your responsibility to carry out the necessary work each day. If you are not good at this, you could find yourself bored some days. However, I believe I have learned a lot because of this.

You will learn a lot in this internship and work hard. My main piece of advice would be that if you do not know how to do a task, or if there is a computer software that you do not know, be honest about this. They will be happy to teach you how to do something in the beginning and this is a lot better than pretending you know something and then being stuck later.

Advice to Management

I have been extremely pleased with this internship, and truly have not had any issues. Every full time employee that I have met loves their job and I can see why.

There were a lot of questions like "tell us about a time where you..." Additionally, at the in-person interviews, they showed us a few graphs or case studies and asked to explain as much as you could about what you expect is happening. Lastly, there were a lot of questions about the actuarial career and insurance industry in general, for example, about the exam process.

An exciting summer working on multiple initiatives within a dynamic and innovative company.

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, Experience, Working Environment, Management, Quality of Work, Opportunities to Learn

Not applicable

Liberty Mutual values their employees greatly and is always looking for ways to engage and develop talent.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy monaaaaaaaaaaaay

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

somewhat flexible hours

paid time off

phones phones phones

don't be an ignoramus

Advice to Management

outline the schedules a little more thoroughly. lots of time spent in afternoon with nothing assigned. there's not much to learn just taking phone calls for 7 hours

let interns leave early or have more control of their schedules. a lot of other liberty interns can WFH and barely work Fridays. makes our job seem less attractive

heh

Liberty Mutual Internship Program: delievering a world of endless opportunities and career enhancing experiences

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking. I was able to meet people across my department and more throughout the company through Explore Fairs and other company held events.

The thing I liked the least about my internship would be the opportunity to travel to different offices more often.

When you work for Liberty Mutual, you are not applying for one position forever, The company has so many layers and provides a lot of opportunities for employees to grow and explore.

Real business problems, real projects and real experience. I felt utilized as a valued member of the team.

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

It is obviously a mature program with a great reputation and visibility within the company. It's project based, so when you show up you have a manager that is expecting you with objectives and guidance. The projects are real business problems, but can be very broad so you have the opportunity to really sink or swim. Very realistic opportunity to show your worth and add value to the company.

I didn't have a lot of work related interaction with other interns, which could be good or bad, but it left me curious to see how I was doing in comparison.

Must be a self starter. The projects are very broad because they are real business problems and if you need detailed guidance and a manager looking over your shoulder you will struggle. Help is always available if you need it, but

Advice to Management

Overview the structure of the company through a presentation rather than online/computer modules. Liberty had recently went through some internal restructuring so it was a little more complex to understand the company organization. It just may have saved some time upfront before getting to work.

We are introducing auto insurance in a foreign country, give a brief analysis of the current competitive market.

Understanding the foundations of a Liberty Mutual as a business and how human resources is conducted within the organization.

Networking and opportunities

Gaining access to the necessary equipment to do my job; led to a very slow start and a lot of free time

Liberty is a great place to work and they continue to develop to fit the needs of the new college graduates.

Advice to Management

Making sure that interns are set up with exactly what they need to begin their internship before it starts. I wasn't able to login to my computer the first day and I had to wait about 2 weeks to gain access to various sites and folders which resulted in a slow start and a lot of times where I was left with nothing to do.

Unparalleled project management experience with a strong work/life balance.

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great team, competitive pay, working hours are very accommodating and allows for work/life balance, great experience leading your own projects.

A lot of managers not actively involved in the development of the intern throughout the short internship.

If you're looking for a lot of autonomy, while having a great salary and work/life balance Liberty's graduate internship program is for you. There is a lot of opportunity to take the lead on several projects and initiatives to obtain that management experience in an internship setting.

Advice to Management

Be more president and have more face time with the interns.

Most rewarding and fun internship experience possible

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

the structure, company culture, benefits, and responsibility of meaningful work

Only thing I don't like about my internship is that it has to end.

There is no organization that is better to work for than Liberty.

Advice to Management

No improvements needed. Best manager I could have imagined.

Strengths/weaknesses?