Liberty Mutual Internship Program

Date: 2013

Great way to get your foot in the door, and begin the process of starting a successful work life.

being able to work in a really successful company, as well as learn valuable skills that will be handy in life after college.

It really is a difficult job, because you have to deal with customers that are not always happy. Sometimes you feel very sad for the people and other times they are very angry and treat you poorly. That is all part of life though, and did not put a negative effect on my experience.

This is a very laid back place where many people are there to support you. I was very nervous when I started, but quickly learned that everyone wants you to succeed. If you put in effort to learn, you will leave a better more well-rounded person.

Advice to Management

I have learned many great things about the company, but one negative I have learned is many people feel that if they use their vacation time, they return to work with way too much work. It almost makes vacation seem as if it is not a benefit.

Date: 2013

A great international experience, with top notch mentors, and a good deal of interesting and challenging projects

My manager has been excellent. She has been so helpful to me and welcoming. She has taught me a lot about both IT and Insurance and I'm incredibly grateful for her patience with me. The second best thing would be the experience working with so many different IT teams in so many different countries. The exposure and visibility I have had has been invaluable.

I'm their first and only intern in Miami. So it has been challenging to be alone. But I have enjoyed the city and my coworkers have been very helpful with me.

It was a great experience for me. Initially I was ambivalent because I was looking for a more technical summer, but the experience in project management and general IT has really opened my eyes to all the different opprortunities available in technology. My first reaction to Liberty Mutual was "oh it's just an insurance company what could they know about IT", but as I have come to find out, the technological backend that enables financial services companies to function nowadays is huge, and it is filled with many interesting challenges waiting to be solved.

Advice to Management

I received great pay and compensation which was a big lure to get me to go to LM versus some of the other offers I had. I think in general I had an awesome experience. My biggest hurdles were bureaucracy, especially when I was developing, there seemed to be a large amount of hoops needed for me to get the resources and access I needed and as time was running out I became a bit stressed I wouldn't complete my projects in time.

Bes Internship of the Summer

Work hours, office culture/environment, doing fulfilling work.

Not a whole lot.

If you are set on getting your FCAS and want to do fulfilling work, this is the place to go.

Date: 2013

Ensuring greast customer service one day at a time

co-workers, people I have met, meeting other interns in the building

we didn't have a great room on our floor so we I constantly had to travel to other floors

be a social person

Advice to Management

set more benchmarks for goals. I think this would incentivize more hard work from the claims adjusters

Liberty Mutual - a place to grow and develop

My manager was always prepared to answer my questions and she also explained very well what my next task was! Everyone was always ready to help. My projects were very challenging and exciting and the trainings and final presentation we had were a great way to develop our skills further.

My internship was great! I really learned a lot this summer!

Liberty Mutual is a great company. Its internship program is very well organized and the community here is really friendly and always ready to help. The projects assigned are a great way to explore a career and develop your skills.

Liberty Mutual - An Internship Opportunity That's Tough to Beat

Liberty offers highy competitive benefits. Furthermore, and perhaps more importantly, the people at Liberty truly are interested in making your internship an experience where you gather valuable work experience.

The nature of the work I was involved in was pretty mundane and boring.

This is a great company to work for. If you're applying for a position in claims, be sure that you want to do a lot of phone calls and data entry.

Advice to Management

NA

Date: 2013

The best claims internship experience ever!

Gaining more knowledge about the company. I enjoyed learning how insurance claims operate, and dealing with fast track tasks.

I would suggest the internship program be longer in length.

Liberty Mutual is an excellent organization to work for. Their internship program is excellent for undergraduate students to gain more knowledge and experience working in insurance.

Date: 2013

Fun team building experience that pushed the company foward technologically.

Paid more than other internships Met a lot of cool people, started networking Benefits (flexible time off, paid vacation)

Having to wake up early.

If you are looking for a job that pays well, look no further. They quote "competitive pay" but you won't find another company that makes sure you don't need to put in overtime, pays within the top ten percent of similar internships, and gives you paid vacation days at the same time.

Advice to Management

Depending on the department, getting up and running is a little boring while you wait for managers of managers to approve the permissions you will need to do your work.

Incredible Experience for a Liberty Mutual Intern

I really liked the pay for this internship since it is a rare thing. I also like getting out of the office, and meeting people. I felt like I learned a lot, and that I was a beneficial part of the business as an intern. The hours were flexible, they pushed you to be successful, and they reward interns with a trip to Boston.

I did not like moving around from office to office it is difficult to keep adjusting to that change. I did not like that I felt like I was impending on a sales reps time when they had to go to my appointments. I also did not like handing over my referrals to a different sales rep.

You would want to work at this organization, it is paid, but that is not the best part. They really teach you how to be successful at this job, it is a lot of fun, and it is a beneficial real life learning experience

Advice to Management

I would have an intern assigned to a specific office, it is so hard on them to move around.

Date: 2013

Best place to launch a career

A lot of training sessions, meaningful projects, working environment

Diversity - I had to continuously think of making relationship even though it's a bit stressful at the beginning

Have a little background in P&C industry and pricing/reserving is a plus