Liberty Mutual Internship Program

Find your way with Liberty

THe best aspects were getting to do real work, learn about the other departments, and the general willingness to help the interns.

If I had to say something? SOemtimes I do not always have something to do, but I would rather do meaningful work then do busy work.

Nothing is set in stone. You can move about the company very easily. Whether it is departments of locations. THe company is flexible to what you need...and did I mention they have tuition reimbursment

Advice to Management

n/a

Date: 2013

The best claims internship experience ever!

Gaining more knowledge about the company. I enjoyed learning how insurance claims operate, and dealing with fast track tasks.

I would suggest the internship program be longer in length.

Liberty Mutual is an excellent organization to work for. Their internship program is excellent for undergraduate students to gain more knowledge and experience working in insurance.

The Perfect Introduction to Corporate Life

The people, real assignments/jobs, good pay, and a welcoming feeling fostered by management to train, develop, and interate me into their systems.

My commute time

Plenty of real work, excellent corporate connections, good future job prospects, and generally a very solid working environment.

Awsome

being able to interact with customers and help then in determining the amount of coverage that best suits their needs, is the best part of my internship.

The part that I least enjoyed about my internship was that it's not long enough! I am anticipating the day when I can fully focus solely on Life at Liberty; when I can actually implement what my education has taught me in the work place.

Liberty mutual give prospective employees an opportunity to experience what the life in sales/other positions within the company would be like, before actually coming on board. They give interns the tools necessary to succeed by allowing them to work alongside a mentor who is able to guide them every step of the way. The interns are also compensated for their work which is always a plus.

Advice to Management

I honestly love everything about the way my office location is managed. Management has really done a great job of not only demonstrating, but also living up to the culture of what LM ultimately wants their employees to model.

Date: 2013

A great international experience, with top notch mentors, and a good deal of interesting and challenging projects

My manager has been excellent. She has been so helpful to me and welcoming. She has taught me a lot about both IT and Insurance and I'm incredibly grateful for her patience with me. The second best thing would be the experience working with so many different IT teams in so many different countries. The exposure and visibility I have had has been invaluable.

I'm their first and only intern in Miami. So it has been challenging to be alone. But I have enjoyed the city and my coworkers have been very helpful with me.

It was a great experience for me. Initially I was ambivalent because I was looking for a more technical summer, but the experience in project management and general IT has really opened my eyes to all the different opprortunities available in technology. My first reaction to Liberty Mutual was "oh it's just an insurance company what could they know about IT", but as I have come to find out, the technological backend that enables financial services companies to function nowadays is huge, and it is filled with many interesting challenges waiting to be solved.

Advice to Management

I received great pay and compensation which was a big lure to get me to go to LM versus some of the other offers I had. I think in general I had an awesome experience. My biggest hurdles were bureaucracy, especially when I was developing, there seemed to be a large amount of hoops needed for me to get the resources and access I needed and as time was running out I became a bit stressed I wouldn't complete my projects in time.

Bes Internship of the Summer

Work hours, office culture/environment, doing fulfilling work.

Not a whole lot.

If you are set on getting your FCAS and want to do fulfilling work, this is the place to go.

Date: 2013

Ensuring greast customer service one day at a time

co-workers, people I have met, meeting other interns in the building

we didn't have a great room on our floor so we I constantly had to travel to other floors

be a social person

Advice to Management

set more benchmarks for goals. I think this would incentivize more hard work from the claims adjusters

Liberty Mutual - a place to grow and develop

My manager was always prepared to answer my questions and she also explained very well what my next task was! Everyone was always ready to help. My projects were very challenging and exciting and the trainings and final presentation we had were a great way to develop our skills further.

My internship was great! I really learned a lot this summer!

Liberty Mutual is a great company. Its internship program is very well organized and the community here is really friendly and always ready to help. The projects assigned are a great way to explore a career and develop your skills.

Liberty Mutual - An Internship Opportunity That's Tough to Beat

Liberty offers highy competitive benefits. Furthermore, and perhaps more importantly, the people at Liberty truly are interested in making your internship an experience where you gather valuable work experience.

The nature of the work I was involved in was pretty mundane and boring.

This is a great company to work for. If you're applying for a position in claims, be sure that you want to do a lot of phone calls and data entry.

Advice to Management

NA

Date: 2013

Fun team building experience that pushed the company foward technologically.

Paid more than other internships Met a lot of cool people, started networking Benefits (flexible time off, paid vacation)

Having to wake up early.

If you are looking for a job that pays well, look no further. They quote "competitive pay" but you won't find another company that makes sure you don't need to put in overtime, pays within the top ten percent of similar internships, and gives you paid vacation days at the same time.

Advice to Management

Depending on the department, getting up and running is a little boring while you wait for managers of managers to approve the permissions you will need to do your work.