Liberty Mutual Internship Program

Date: 2013

Gain real life work experience, meet incredible people, recieve hands-on training and have a blast while doing it!

I enjoyed the flexible work hour schedule. I was able to come in to work at 7am and leave at 3pm almost everyday. This enabled me to gain solid experience working 8 hours a day but also gave me time to explore NH after work.

It took some time to adjust to working a full 37.5 hour work week.

You will not regret interning for LM. It will be a great experience, you'll meet a lot of great new people, and it will open the door to many new opportunities.

Advice to Management

I could have adjusted more quickly with additional training at the beginning of the internship.

Date: 2013

Jumpstart your career with an unparalleled boost into professional development!

worked on meaningful projects that were taken into serious consideration by high level management and was treated as a full time hire with regards to work life and assignments

new hires that were brought in at a relatively similar time as the interns had an unjustified condescending attitude

Liberty Mutual has great resources and development programs along with a buddy system that will help ease you into the professional environment

Liberty Mutual - An Internship Opportunity That's Tough to Beat

Liberty offers highy competitive benefits. Furthermore, and perhaps more importantly, the people at Liberty truly are interested in making your internship an experience where you gather valuable work experience.

The nature of the work I was involved in was pretty mundane and boring.

This is a great company to work for. If you're applying for a position in claims, be sure that you want to do a lot of phone calls and data entry.

Advice to Management

NA

Date: 2013

The best claims internship experience ever!

Gaining more knowledge about the company. I enjoyed learning how insurance claims operate, and dealing with fast track tasks.

I would suggest the internship program be longer in length.

Liberty Mutual is an excellent organization to work for. Their internship program is excellent for undergraduate students to gain more knowledge and experience working in insurance.

Date: 2013

Fun team building experience that pushed the company foward technologically.

Paid more than other internships Met a lot of cool people, started networking Benefits (flexible time off, paid vacation)

Having to wake up early.

If you are looking for a job that pays well, look no further. They quote "competitive pay" but you won't find another company that makes sure you don't need to put in overtime, pays within the top ten percent of similar internships, and gives you paid vacation days at the same time.

Advice to Management

Depending on the department, getting up and running is a little boring while you wait for managers of managers to approve the permissions you will need to do your work.

Enlightening and Driven by Determination

The coworkers were amazing and very helpful. I really enjoyed the networking that the job entailed.

The commute.

The internship was a great way to help transition from the college mentality to a more corporate way of thinking. Having the internship at Liberty Mutual before graduation helped me mentally prepare for what is to come pertaining to work life post college.

Advice to Management

My organization was a great place to work and I would not change anything.

ABsolutely amazing.

The togetherness of everyone. Every worked with each other and help each other out.

Honestly, nothing.

As long as you do what you need to, everything will be smooth sailing.

Find your way with Liberty

THe best aspects were getting to do real work, learn about the other departments, and the general willingness to help the interns.

If I had to say something? SOemtimes I do not always have something to do, but I would rather do meaningful work then do busy work.

Nothing is set in stone. You can move about the company very easily. Whether it is departments of locations. THe company is flexible to what you need...and did I mention they have tuition reimbursment

Advice to Management

n/a

Awsome

being able to interact with customers and help then in determining the amount of coverage that best suits their needs, is the best part of my internship.

The part that I least enjoyed about my internship was that it's not long enough! I am anticipating the day when I can fully focus solely on Life at Liberty; when I can actually implement what my education has taught me in the work place.

Liberty mutual give prospective employees an opportunity to experience what the life in sales/other positions within the company would be like, before actually coming on board. They give interns the tools necessary to succeed by allowing them to work alongside a mentor who is able to guide them every step of the way. The interns are also compensated for their work which is always a plus.

Advice to Management

I honestly love everything about the way my office location is managed. Management has really done a great job of not only demonstrating, but also living up to the culture of what LM ultimately wants their employees to model.

The Perfect Introduction to Corporate Life

The people, real assignments/jobs, good pay, and a welcoming feeling fostered by management to train, develop, and interate me into their systems.

My commute time

Plenty of real work, excellent corporate connections, good future job prospects, and generally a very solid working environment.