Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

LEarning legal and negotiating skills with Commercial Claims

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You learn great legal techniques and get trained for real life experience. You are actually a part of the team and help the company, which is very cool, you do real work, not just getting coffee. Also the people at LMIG are all very high quality folks.

I wasn't crazy about getting yelled at by attorneys, but it is part of the job.

Liberty Mutual is a great place to work filled with great people.

Intern Makes an Impact at Liberty Mutual

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The location of the office, the people I got to work with and for, and the projects I was given because they made a difference for my whole department, I was not given any busywork.

That it's over! It would have been nice to know about our full-time offers before leaving as well, because if I did not receive it I need to start looking and applying for other opportunities.

Liberty Mutual is a fantastic place to work! They are very focused on employee satisfaction and make sure everyone knows how things are going across the enterprise.

All behavioral based:

Give me an example of a time where you had conflict with someone you were working with. What was the conflict, and how did you overcome it? What was the result of working together?

Advice to Management

Although I was able to hit the ground running and jump right into my department, some information about it before my first day would have been helpful so I could spend my time on other things.

Valuable, Meaningful Work for Interns at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to be in the corporate office and network with higher-ups was my favorite part of my internship. More opportunities come when someone can just walk down the hall and ask you to help them with something versus emailing someone in another office whom they've never met.

I didn't make as many friends as I'd have liked in an office with 100+ interns.. there is intern programming, but they haven't really figured out the best way to do it yet. I found out in the last week or so that there were some really nice girls that worked the floor below me all summer!

If you want to show up to work at whatever time each day wearing whatever you'd like, this job isn't for you. It's a structured, formal, full-time job. Being an intern at LMI is no different than if you were a real full-time employee.. you just happen to have an end date! What's good about that is that by the end of your internship, you know EXACTLY what it would be like to be a full team member because you've been fully immersed in the company the whole duriation of your internship. In other words, the only coffee you'll be running to get is for yourself!

A Great Start in a Great Company

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was the hands on approach my manager and team took. I witnessed everyday how the agents, service reps, and senior branch manager handled their daily responsibilities and what changes and additions they made to better the workplace.

As I stated before, Liberty Mutual is a huge company and it is difficult to experience all aspects of the company in one summer. I would have liked more exposure to the other departments to see what they were like. Not that I did not like Personal Insurance but other SBU's interested me as well.

If given the opportunity to work for Liberty Mutual, take it. It is a great first step to begin a search for a career. There are a multitude of factors that are difficult to find at other jobs. An intern will learn to understand the reality of a career choice and the effort needed to succeed as well as the larger company dynamic. The freedom given to employees also allows people to analyze what path is right for them.

When was a time where you needed to problem solve with a short amount of time? What was the end result? Would you change anything now?

Advice to Management

I honestly cannot think of one bad aspect. The only thing I would have liked is the greater exposure to other departments.

Liberty cares about your career development, and shows it!

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

They care a lot about your career development, not just the work you put in

I didn't like the fact that for the internship I felt like it was more about trying to prove myself for a full time offer, and I couldn't focus on learning as much, but it paid off.

Just give it your all, and if you try hard you will be rewarded.

Helping me find the right career track.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Helping with the internship program.

I wish that our HR team was a little bigger.

There is a great focus on career development and personal growth.

Amazing Educational and Inspiring Experience

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I have room to develop both professionally and personally. There are many networking opportunities and I am constantly encouraged to grow in many areas. There is NO busy work. All of my work is important and useful. My responisbilities are in line with those of the full-time employees and this gives me a great sense of purpose.

In the beginning there was very little work to do, largely dut to the fact that I started early. This worried me initially but my supervisor did a wonderful job giving me meaningful tasks and development materials to ensure that I had the ability to fill my day with something useful.

Liberty is an amazing company. I would recommend this job especially if you are looking to explore what you may want to do in the future. There are a million opportunities for you to network, explore job functions, and learn about the company.I had no clue what an insurance company was about and I have come to both understand and enjoy the business. Great place to work!

Advice to Management

I think they are doing a great job.

Challanging New Opportunities to Learn and Grow in the Insurance Business

Arlington, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Office atmosphere, manager support, knowledge of mentor sales associate, training availability.

The internship has been exciting and there arent any dislikes.

Liberty Mutual is an excellent company, investing its time in training its new and young employees to ensure they are knoweledgable to represent Liberty Mutual in a confident way. Clients best interest is a high priority and integrity is valued.

Great professional exposure to the Human Resources field.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

networking and job shadow opportunities

the fact that the company was in the insurance industry

The HR team I worked with was amazing and Liberty really tries to develop their interns with weekly lunch and learns where interns in each field get to network with each other, and a weekly executive speaker series where you get to learn more about the different functions of the organization.

I think these depend on the interviewer, but Liberty Mutual gives very structured interview guides that follow any traditional behavioral based interview.

Advice to Management

Try to put more value into the co-op program. I sometimes felt that traditional summer interns got more attention that the 6 month co-op students.

A challenging yet rewarding learning experience that has developed my professional skills and prepared me for a successful career in IT.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A feel of inclusion, friendly coworkers, managers and atmosphere in general, challenging workload, and competitive pay.

Could get boring at times, sometimes sitting in a cubicle all day can be rough.

This is an awesome company, if you are looking for somewhere to work that is challenging but also where you feel welcomed and appreciated, this is the place to work.

What operating systems are you familiar with?

Describe a specific situation where you troubleshooted a problem.