AIG Summer Internship Program

Date: 2012

Exciting opportunity where the knowledge gained is applicable in school as well as real world.

The level of manager involvement, the knowledge gained, and company culture.

Did not really interact with the other intern.

Insurance has a lot of fields to get into. Be very active and don't be afraid to ask questions. Interview managers from different departments to find what area of insurance best fits you.

Advice to Management

More interaction with underwriters of different departments that are involved with the same client.

A rewarding experience

networking opportunities; career development; mentorship

some rotations were shorter than others, would have liked for the rotations or overall program to be a little longer

It was a wonderful, well-organized, hands-on experience.

Advice to Management

I cannot think of anything they can do better since I feel they did/do it all.

Date: 2012

Great networking opportunity that gave me the experience of interacting on a corporate level

The company culture, the wealth of information and learning

There wasn't much I didn't like.

AIG is a great company to work for - and it was a great time to work for them as I witnessed a turnaround of the company. You want to be around people you like & good managers.

Date: 2012

Great actuarial internship with AIG!

Working hours. Tasks and responsibilities. Full understanding of the future full-time job.

Sometimes the assignments were boring (manual tasks not requiring much thinking)

AIG is a great company for entry-level actuaries

Advice to Management

promotion policies were not clear

Date: 2012

Great atmosphere, friendly colleagues, productive work, great networking opportunities, and an all-around excellent experience.

The networking opportunities were excellent. My co-workers took great interest in getting to know me. I was given every opportunity to branch out and meet employees from other areas of the business. The internship program scheduled senior speaker presentations from the company's top level executives. I even had the opportunity to meet CEO, Robert Benmosche.

The internship itself was incredible; the only thing I could have done without was the commute into Manhattan, NY.

Invest your career in a company that gives you every opportunity to succeed in your career objectives. With AIG you are likely to find something, somewhere in the world, you really enjoy being a part of.

Date: 2012

AIG offers an overall excellent learning experience from department-specific projects to company-wide networking opportunities.

Very comfortable work environment. Lectures by AIG's top executives. Networking events for the interns.

A bit unorganized in the beginning with no work to be done for the interns while managers were travelling for other projects.

Whichever department you work for, you will have a wonderful experience at AIG with both your everyday team as well as with the entire group of interns once a week with lectures and networking events. Not only did I learn that I enjoy working in Operations, but I have made friends along the way.

Brilliant Experience

Co- workers are all so nice to me.

nothing that I dont like

Work Hard please

Date: 2012

A career development, advancement and fruitful internship

1. Be able to try a lot of things related to the business 2. Be able to directly work with supervisors and senior level people 3. Constructive feedback to my performance

Response for my full-time offer is slow.

Make sure that you will be involved in the business work that your team is working, and not just the secretary kind of work. Also, make sure that you have the opportunity to speak with the senior level people during the internship to understand the company in a higher perspective.

Date: 2012

Real exposure to the company and industry

Group chemistry, difficulty of work, corporate environment

Nothing to like least. Provided a great experience to learn. Well worth the time

AIG really looks out for the current and potential employees.

Date: 2012

Exposure to all aspects of the insurance industry and an excellent opportunity to network with peers and professionals

Networking events and the opportunity to demonstrate my abilities and how I could be an asset to the company as a full time employee

Being the only intern in my department

Talk to an employee of that company to gain insight