Aetna 2014 Undergraduate Summer Internship Program

Incredible opportunity for challenging and varied work leading to professional development and personal growth
Hartford, CT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Professional development (mentoring, networking, leadership and presentation training, etc.); challenging work with positive and constructive feedback; an open management team and welcoming company culture; strong organization of the intern program

N/A - I really loved my experience

Be open to work that may be unfamiliar to you, and pursue all opportunities to develop your professional network. Aetna is a great place to work and was very welcoming and inclusive of the interns from the beginning. I hope to return next summer.

One of the best experiences I've had in life.
Arlington, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the opportunity to travel to the Hartford location and the capstone project.

As a field intern we do not have as much involvement as the Hartford interns did. So more involvement for field interns.

The values of this company are what America needs. So the services we provider are actually making a difference in the lives of individuals. With that being said, Aetna insurance as an organization for potential employment is a company that has a lot to offer besides benefits for the employee. From the value they place on their associates to the care they display Aetna is the place to work. Not to mention the opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

I think this organization is on the right track to being a great place to work. So continuing to improve will always make a workplace better.

Opportunity to grow everyday and learned something about career development to help in the future and strategies to helps personal success
Jacksonville, FL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to do real work and learn how to work in a team

Office was not up to date

Keep consustent and stay detail oriented

Advice to Management

Worked well with all these aspects

What's your healthy?
Hartford, CT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, fun, pay, networking, content, leadership opportunities, living in a hotel

Being far from home

Aetna is a great company for interns if you're innovative, like to think outside the box, like to go above and beyond what's asked of you

University Relations Organizer and Coordinator of Summer Associate Program
Hartford, CT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team I worked with was awesome and the projects were challenging.

Sometimes it could be a little stressful but it always worked out.

If you are looking for a summer internship that offers more than just your average day job, this is the place for you. You get so much out of the summer associate program that Aetna offers like mentors, speaker series, cross-functional group projects, and more. This program can help steer you in the right direction and supplements your learning of the business world. I would highly recommend this program to anyone!

Healthcare Reform Analyst with Summary of Benefits and Coverage Operations
Hartford, CT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

mentorship, skill development, networking, career insight

Most interns were from local universities, whereas I would have enjoyed meeting more interns from universities across the country.

Great corporate culture with opportunity for networking and career advancement. Aetna takes its role seriously as an industry leader and looks for innovative solutions as healthcare reform unfolds.

Grabbing a bull by the horns
Hartford, CT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom associated with so much responsibility

I didn't like how they didn't give us meaningful projects at times. They were always afraid we were going to mess it up.

Know how to balance more than one thing.