Intern at Aetna 2015 Undergraduate Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Intern working on merger of a lifetime

Hartford, CT | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to see the operations of a Fortune 50 company and learning about the financial and strategic aspects of the largest managed care acquisition in history- Aetna and Humana

Location in Hartford and living arrangement

Placement can greatly affect responsibilities and tasks

Nurturing Internship that Offered Guidance and Growth

Hartford, CT | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The relationships built, the guidance and creative input

That it was only 10 weeks long!

Apply if you want to be challenged but also want to have a great summer learning more about the potential area of interest.

Advice to Management

Match interns with mentors of specific fields

Learning Experience

Hartford, CT | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great people who went out of their way to help us learn, got to see the many different aspects of the business, great work life balance, opportunity for travel, many networking opportunities

The variety of tasks assigned

Be willing to learn about the healthcare industry and spend time on your own researching current events/changes

Advice to Management

N/A

Tell me about a time when you faced resistance when trying to complete a certain task.

Learning and Development.

Hartford, CT | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The finance internship program as a whole. The metro/buddy system allowed great communication and made the work environment very comfortable.

How short it was.

Put 100% effort into everything you do, so you can take the most out of it.

Recommend Aetna Summer Associate Program

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience engaging with clients, work material interesting.

Commute, non-Apple platforms

Consider interest in healthcare industry prior to applying.

Advice to Management

More employee engagement activities.

What interests you specifically about Aetna?

Insightful Internship Provides Relevant Work and Welcoming Environment

Hartford, CT | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked all of the assistance provided by Aetna through my buddy, mentor, and manager. I felt comfortable talking with them and asking questions. I liked seeing that the work I was doing was actually meaningful as well. I also liked the ability to network with peers as well as superiors.

I think I would have liked having more meetings with my mentor/buddy to familiarize myself with them and feel more comfortable to ask them for advice or help.

I would tell them that it is a friendly and encouraging work environment. I would also tell them that the company really wants you to do well and gives you the tools to do well.

Advice to Management

I think that the implementation of the new Finance Internship Program and Finance Leadership Development Program will be a great way to improve employee retention and training. I have not gone through the FLDP yet, but I think it is a step in the right direction towards becoming a better place to work.

Describe a time when you had to work with others to complete a project.
Describe a time when you displayed leadership skills.
Describe a time when you had to get a lot of work done in a short amount of time/how you prioritized it.

start your career with this internship

Hartford, CT | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentorship, visibility to senior leaders, pipeline of interns becoming full time staff

Some of the HR policies and online trainings required were just not necessary for interns who were only there for 10 weeks.

The company does truly care about the work life balance and its employees. The work is extremely interesting, which I did not expect going into health insurance. Make sure to pick the correct department though, some departments are better than others from what I heard as an intern. The international department was phenomenal.

They review your resume word for word with you, then 3rd round is behavioral interview questions with managers or directors. It is not a tough interview just be prepared and know why Aetna, as opposed to other companies.

Aetna Intern Desires Full-Time Position After an Exhilarating and Engaging Summer Position

Hartford, CT | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Company Culture: everyone has a desire to see the people around them to be successful.
Accessibility to Senior Leaders: the executives of the company are sincerely invested in talent development.
Networking: Interns were encouraged to network with each other and different employees of the company as much as possible.

I enjoyed everything about this internship. The only thing that I would change is the compensation, however, it was industry average.

Aetna wants to see you succeed just as much as you want to see yourself succeed. Much time and many resources have been dedicated to talent development because they care about their employees. The work will be challenging, but certainly doable. Everyone in the company is in your corner, from your direct manager, to your mentor and buddy, all the way up to the CEO.

Most questions are behavioral, i.e.:
1. Describe a time when you were faced with a challenge working in a group and how you worked to resolve it.
2. Describe a time you were given a difficult assignment and what you did to overcome its challenges.

Professional and Personal Development in a Fortune 100 Healthcare Company

Hartford, CT | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning to adapt to the constant changes occurring in healthcare. Gaining a natural empathy for consumers needs and wants. Volunteering opportunities within the Hartford Community. Developing relationships with other interns and co-workers. Working for a Fortune 100 company. Meeting and learning about the career paths of top c-suite executives. Working on a Capstone Project with interns in other departments in field office all across the nation. Working in a fast paced and tight niche community.

Starting a deliverable or project and not seeing the end result or impact it had on your department.

Keep an open mind about the changing healthcare environment and be willing to learn and meet new people each and every day.

Advice to Management

Begin the interview process for potential jobs and LDP and PDP programs earlier on in the summer. Allow interns to travel to another field location.

Why do you think a leadership development program is beneficial? Why do you want to work for a healthcare company? How do you differentiate yourself from others? What current events are you familiar with that are occurring in the healthcare industry?

Exposure to Real life skills

Hartford, CT | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working closely with team members

I did not like that we did not receive feedback for our capstone project.

Work hard, network and be yourself!

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)