Intern at CSRA Internship Program? Submit a Review

At CSRA, I had the opportunity to work in-house with the company's general counsel and other attorneys.

Falls Church, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interesting work, in-house experience, flexible hours and schedule, unlimited free coffee, variety of work, personable and friendly lawyers

Lower pay compared to biglaw firm, which is the tradeoff for fewer hours and flexible schedule.

Any experience with export control law and the federal acquisition regulations is helpful. However, you can choose which areas to work in, including: securities/corporate governance, litigation, real estate leases, and government contracting law. CSRA provides a desk, laptop for the summer, and other work related items. Parking is convenient and the building is in a nice area, surrounded by other company headquarters. I have been the only legal intern this summer, which is nice because I get all the work I want and can get to know all of the attorneys, but there is no opportunity to work alongside someone else in law school.

Advice to Management

The only thing that I can think of would be internship procedures tailored to a legal intern and having more than one legal intern. Otherwise, I was very happy with my internship at CSRA.

My interviewer asked about my judicial philosophy (in terms of originalism, textualism, or pragmatism). She asked about my interests regarding areas of the law and about items on my resume and legal experience as well.

Pushed outside of my comfort zone to learn new things and grow in a professional manor.

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being pushed to learn new things outside of comfort zone.

Nothing, they really tried to make us feel like part of the team.

Be prepared to work hard and learn new things. Suck up as much knowledge as you can from any employee willing to help you learn new things.

Find Practical Knowledge

Annapolis, MD | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about the working world in a hands on way.

Getting use to 8hr work days

Be open to doing different thing.

Intern Helps make Big Changes in Corpaorate Gving Programs

Falls Church, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of this internship was the flexibility and learning to work in a team that all have different roles but come together to represent the bigger picture. Also the learning ability and options to use iLearn to enhance skills and knowledge.

I would have liked to be able to and have time explore more aspects of the company.

I wish I had know more about the business field that CSRA is in and what the different aspects of the corporate environment entailed, at this company and its competitors.

Advice to Management

I think the work place is a good environment but I would have liked to been congratulated on things I succeeded in and had more constructive criticism rather than just being shot down on ideas and not knowing why.

How often do you use excel?

Great opportunity to expand both my knowledge and real world experience.

Arlington, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Large focus on learning

Worked alone most of the time.

Great company and people to work for.

CSRA is an interesting and fun place to work. The atmosphere is very welcoming.

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working in teams. This fosters collaboration as well as good working friendships.

Having my project changed unexpectedly at the last minute. Although I'm happy that I learned more about accounting.

I would encourage incoming interns to talk to everyone that they can and learn more about others' job duties. There is really a wide array of positions here.

A great casual environment for IT professionals.

Falls Church, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given the opportunity to attend many of the industry events in the DC area during my internship

There wasn't much relevant work available in the early weeks of the internship.

It is a casual atmosphere that will offer you the opportunity

Advice to Management

The OCIO could have been better prepared to offer each of the interns work or guidance prior to our arrival.

Very professional

Annapolis, MD | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Allowed for many opportunities.

I wish I had more responsibilities.

That I would have a lot of downtime during the day.

Definitely the best use of my summer. I learned enough to be confident in what i would like to continue pursuing

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being mentored by members of the company and allows us to learn more and grow professionally

I personally lived out of town, so it was frustrating that certain activities were done in the late evening or on weekends, making it very hard to take part.

The managers are very compassionate. They care about you and your professional and personal life, and i think that is important.

Advice to Management

I felt very left out sometimes. Often times i had projects, and would receive little to no help or was told to figure it out when i asked, but then they would turn around and complete my work for me without my knowledge, and it felt like a very lost opportunity to learn a lot.

What projects have you worked on in the past that makes you feel you're suited for this?
What are you hoping to get out of this internship

Internship offers promising job prospectives and great research experience

Dayton, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoy the flexible hours and support from CSRA to help mediate between interns and contractors.

I would like to preface by stating that I truly appreciate CSRA's efforts to make internships great for interns by providing us with FitBits, offering luncheons, and CSRA bucks. I am not stationed in D.C., so many of the challenges were not appealing to me, which is completely understandable. I understand that I am a small fraction of the interns working remotely, and I don't expect special arrangements to be made for me. However, it became 'a gift with strings attached' when I did not want to participate in intern functions that were taking place in D.C. or online. I received excessive emails reminding me to accept challenges or become more involved with events taking place in another part of the country.

This is absolutely the greatest intern experience I have ever had. I would tell a candidate to expect a supportive group of employees.

Advice to Management

I think management does an excellent job.