Intern at CSRA Internship Program? Submit a Review

Taught me to network and build a name for myself in a company, how to put your best foot forward.

Chantilly, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Wide range of tasks assigned, was pushed to step out of comfort zone

Some days were slow, but to be expected sometimes

Don't be nervous, lot's of mentoring going on, room to be your own professional and mold yourself into someone ready for the professional world.

Advice to Management

n/a

Describe relevant experience you will have for this position

Nice place to work with quality pay.

Chantilly, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Easy going atmosphere.

Lack of assignments sometimes.

Good pay but more downtime than I was expecting.

Talk more about your resume.
Why CSRA?
What's your background?

Great opportunity to expand both my knowledge and real world experience.

Arlington, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Large focus on learning

Worked alone most of the time.

Great company and people to work for.

CSRA is an interesting and fun place to work. The atmosphere is very welcoming.

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working in teams. This fosters collaboration as well as good working friendships.

Having my project changed unexpectedly at the last minute. Although I'm happy that I learned more about accounting.

I would encourage incoming interns to talk to everyone that they can and learn more about others' job duties. There is really a wide array of positions here.

An Awsome Expierence

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was how everybody was willing to help you understand any issues you might have.

The delay in pay

the different levels of security

Advice to Management

The training could be more hands on; for instance mock calls when training then take real calls.

Can you communicate with other people.

A great stepping stone to become a leader in society

Washington, DC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Actually doing relevant work and making an impact on a project that meant something.

the commute

work hard, make a great first impression, be willing to do anything and everything you can do and are capable of completing. get to work early.

Advice to Management

N/A

What are your long term goals.

Great learning experience in the field of government relations, working directly under people who shape company strategy

Falls Church, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everybody I work under has been very eager to teach me the field of government relations, and has been very active in helping to develop my career.

There is not much flexibility when it comes to work scheduling, but that is to be expected.

There have been no surprises for me.

Advice to Management

A little more flexibility in scheduling hours would be nice, but I understand the desire to have interns on a strict schedule. I feel like it would be frowned upon if I had to take time off for something, like a Dr's appointment for instance.

----------------

A great casual environment for IT professionals.

Falls Church, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given the opportunity to attend many of the industry events in the DC area during my internship

There wasn't much relevant work available in the early weeks of the internship.

It is a casual atmosphere that will offer you the opportunity

Advice to Management

The OCIO could have been better prepared to offer each of the interns work or guidance prior to our arrival.

A Good Start

Falls Church, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

- meeting people from all over the company interested in helping you prosper in the workforce
- the mentoring program is very strong and interconnected
- the internship is well organized with events

- There is a lot of downtime when a project is being worked on that makes the work day long
- There are a lot of complications with the current merger environment and most employees are not prepared for interns
- There are few incentives for interns to participate in lunch and learns (no pay or provided lunch)
- Benefits for interns are few (no stipend, no overtime, no CSRA sponsored events) that makes the company not as attractive.

- If you are coming from out of state, affordable housing in the DMV area is sparce
- Be upfront with the types of projects you want to take on, dont get stuck with something you dont like
- connect with your mentor and other people in the office to point you in the right direction

Advice to Management

- Better benefits for employees besides pay (perks, stipends, & sponsored events -- happy hours, game nights, etc.)
- Better incentives to further learning

How well do you work on a team?

Explain a project that you worked on?

What do you hope to get out of this internship?

The American Dream

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to meet and work with so many great people. Sitting and working with the Tools and Process Management team.

Ideally, less hours and more pay.

If you are a hard worker at heart continue to work hard. You will be noticed by someone. Do not be afraid to ask questions in general and to ask about work opportunities beyond your internship. Do your best to pay attention and take notes where ever and whenever you can. You'll never know what will likely come up again or if it will be noted that you care to reference what the people who are teaching you have shared with you in your time with the company.

Advice to Management

In general I think the 40hr 5day work week is unnecessary. We are the only country that works as long and as much as we do. I think it would be much better if we took a note from the Europeans and worked less hours and fewer days. I am sure that it would incline people to work hard and produce more engaged and focused work as well. A lot of time is downtime in any work environment. I don't think this is necessarily something my management can simply change; but if it were possible that would be amazing.

What are your qualifications?
Do you have reliable transportation to get you to and from work everyday?
Do you mind working in offices with no windows?
Why have you moved so much?