Intern at CSRA Internship Program? Submit a Review

CSRA- Where Having More Data is Always a Good Thing

Washington, DC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mostly the people working there; my team was open to teaching me and helping me network while also being humorous and creating a wonderful work environment.

Having to pay for parking.

Don't be afraid to ask for extra work! They don't want to overwhelm you, show them what you can do!

Advice to Management

Being compensated for parking (us college kids struggle).

How comfortable are you with Excel and other Microsoft Programs? Do you feel comfortable with learning about and how to successfully use new programs?

Best damn internship for programming.

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to learn about a new career path, which i now know i want to pursue.

Some of the other interns. Which I am aware is not an actual complaint against the program itself.

I wish I would have known more about the aspects of selenium. However, there are many ways to go about testing applications and just knowing that word would have helped me research more and learn about it before starting this internship.

Advice to Management

I would suggest having more classes on code ethics and good practices. A lot of things I saw was people not using good coding practices.

At this time, I cannot answer this question because I was so nervous I do not remember much of the interview.

A great way to develop real world skills.

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

- the people you work with
- the real world skills you develop
- getting to work with new technologies

- the learning curve was steep for the project we were working on.

The best advice I can give is if you are offered an Internship with CSRA take it. They take good care of their employees, and will help develop your skills and help you network to put you in a better position to obtain a job after college.

Advice to Management

The only issue with the internship this time around, was some severe pay issues with some of the employees at the beginning of the internship.

At CSRA, I had the opportunity to work in-house with the company's general counsel and other attorneys.

Falls Church, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interesting work, in-house experience, flexible hours and schedule, unlimited free coffee, variety of work, personable and friendly lawyers

Lower pay compared to biglaw firm, which is the tradeoff for fewer hours and flexible schedule.

Any experience with export control law and the federal acquisition regulations is helpful. However, you can choose which areas to work in, including: securities/corporate governance, litigation, real estate leases, and government contracting law. CSRA provides a desk, laptop for the summer, and other work related items. Parking is convenient and the building is in a nice area, surrounded by other company headquarters. I have been the only legal intern this summer, which is nice because I get all the work I want and can get to know all of the attorneys, but there is no opportunity to work alongside someone else in law school.

Advice to Management

The only thing that I can think of would be internship procedures tailored to a legal intern and having more than one legal intern. Otherwise, I was very happy with my internship at CSRA.

My interviewer asked about my judicial philosophy (in terms of originalism, textualism, or pragmatism). She asked about my interests regarding areas of the law and about items on my resume and legal experience as well.

Wonderful experience and great opportunity in regards to furthering my portfolio

Washington, DC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects have been learning to adapt within a professional setting and working alongside my colleagues.

There isn't really anything that stuck out to me that I disliked

I would say grasp the opportunity and make the most of it. You never know what people you'll meet that can help you in your future endeavors.

Advice to Management

I would advise allowing paid lunch (one hour). This is important for fostering a happy and healthy employee. People don't want to feel caged and restricted. Being stuck in an office or cubicle and staring at a computer screen is mentally taxing when you hit the halfway point of the day. Giving people the freedom to take a break without stressing about a time crunch that only allows for picking up food and going right back to work without being able to unwind restricts the capacity to be productive and a valuable asset to the team.

Pushed outside of my comfort zone to learn new things and grow in a professional manor.

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being pushed to learn new things outside of comfort zone.

Nothing, they really tried to make us feel like part of the team.

Be prepared to work hard and learn new things. Suck up as much knowledge as you can from any employee willing to help you learn new things.

Find Practical Knowledge

Annapolis, MD | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about the working world in a hands on way.

Getting use to 8hr work days

Be open to doing different thing.

Challenging and hands-on

Falls Church, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

networking and working with experienced people

miscommunication

talk to people and enjoy your time.

An enlightening program with a relaxed culture of genuine people .

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part for me was the opportunity to meet new people from different departments to see what they do on daily basis.

The waiting on the equipment, software and any other necessary item to perform your task.

Let upper management know in your department that you are interested in position. If you feel you are not in your right area, let it be known ASAP perhaps day 1.

Intern Helps make Big Changes in Corpaorate Gving Programs

Falls Church, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of this internship was the flexibility and learning to work in a team that all have different roles but come together to represent the bigger picture. Also the learning ability and options to use iLearn to enhance skills and knowledge.

I would have liked to be able to and have time explore more aspects of the company.

I wish I had know more about the business field that CSRA is in and what the different aspects of the corporate environment entailed, at this company and its competitors.

Advice to Management

I think the work place is a good environment but I would have liked to been congratulated on things I succeeded in and had more constructive criticism rather than just being shot down on ideas and not knowing why.

How often do you use excel?