Intern at CSRA Internship Program? Submit a Review

new experiences lead to open doors

Washington, DC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to work with many different people and experience the real workforce

Sometimes my work load would be light

Always find something to do

CSRA a Place to Grow and Learn!

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I worked with a great team on a project for the CIO. I understand an intern has to work hard as this is a potential for an opportunity to work full time.

I think the company as a whole had some struggles when getting things in payroll set up for the interns.

An intern should be ready and willing to work hard, as many employers see an internship as an extended interview. I’ve been given the opportunity to work with a great team and I highly recommend an internship for all college students entering the workforce within the next few years

Advice to Management

Make sure students ask lots of questions to their managers to be prepared. New interns should also take advantage of every opportunity to attend forums and Lunch and Learns.

Name one of your weaknesses and what you are doing today to turn that weakness around?

To learn the better, the better you learn and to succeed with others is how you become successful.

Annapolis, MD | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning experience
The environment
The work space
Pay
Working in groups
Leering day by day

The commute is really horrible.
No leave or vacation time is offerred.

Do not be afraid to ask questions.
If you don’t know something please ask someone.
If they give you a task and you don’t know how to do it, then speak up and ask for help, it won’t hurt to ask for help.

Advice to Management

Keep a better eye on workers who aren’t really participating or who aren’t helping with work if it’s a group effort. We won’t the team to work as one to succeed as one.

Are you willing to work in groups?
Can you work in groups well?

The best damn internship out there.

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The challenges I faced. Which were able to teach me a lot.

Unfortunately, some of the other interns that I had to work with. That is something that is unavoidable and is part of the job though.

The methodologies of agile and scrum leadership.

Advice to Management

Training on "Best Coding Practices."

At the moment, I cannot remember any.

Lots of Database coding!

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to learn a new language (AngularJS), and I got to broaden my database skills! I really enjoy working with databases and back-end development so I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to deepen my skills in this area.

Some of my fellow interns did not seem to have the proper skills necessary to be prepared for the job, so a large amount of time was spent teaching people basic skills they should have already had.

I wish I had known more about the corporate environment in general before starting this job. This applies to any internship I believe. Working at a large corporation is way different than working at a smaller business as far as how you are expected to behave, dress, and things you can and can't say.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure that I have any suggestions, I have really enjoyed my time here and feel that I was treated exceptionally well for an intern!

What is a unique skill you can bring to our company?
Where do you see yourself (job title/role) in the future?
Is there a specific (job role) you would like to stay in?

Excellent start in the workforce

Falls Church, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone is so helpful and inviting, the program for interns is a great way to start a career, CSRA really wants to do a lot for their employees, the resources for employees are great.

Though I am sure it was necessary, in the beginning of my internship, there was a lot of waiting and not much to do.

Have a designated person to help the intern adjust to the office life such as tours and introductions.

Advice to Management

Have better employee facilities for lunches so that they do not have to leave the building.

Best Internship

Falls Church, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was good and my co-workers were great

None, there was nothing to note

Be organized

CSRA Inspires Interns and Offers Many Full Time Opportunities.

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to travel with my manager to Washington D.C. and get a full look at what it is like to be involved in governmental relations in a major IT company.

nothing - everything was great!

Meet new people, go to all of the extra events CSRA provides to Interns, and be willing and ready to learn new things everyday.

Advice to Management

Be sure to have meaningful tasks ready for interns at time of arrival.

1. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
2. What were you involved with in college?
3. Why do you want to intern at CSRA?

My time at CSRA was valuable - I was treated like a full time employee and treated with respect as well as having countless oppportunites.

Falls Church, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting with the CEO about my resume, getting to go to high level events, meeting executives, being in the loop on all the company's happenings, and much more.

The really long hours, but that's Communications for you. It's never a 9-5 job.

I wish I would have known how difficult it truly is to work for a company with over 18,000 employees. Emails sometimes don't get answered and there's a lot of relying on other people for projects.

WOW I learned so much in 10 weeks, I've been reborn!

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience with the newest technology stacks and buzz words. How involved the managers are with my personal success.

Having to wake up before 8 am

Prepare yourself for a very busy summer! Specialize in one programming language but be knowledgeable in many.