MGM Resorts International Management Associate Program (MAP) Internship

ULTIMATE VEGAS EXPERIENCE

GETTING TO MEET SO MANY LEADERS AND ROTATE THROUGH DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS

UNEXPECTED 24/7 HOUR BUSINESS - RUNNING A HOTEL IS 24 HOURS A DAY

KNOW ALL THE HOTELS WITHIN THE BRAND, THE MLIFE PROGRAM AND WHERE THE COMPANY IS HEADED - BE PREPARED TO WORK HARD, AND WORK ON LOTS OF DIFFERENT PROJECTS

Advice to Management

COMPENSATION IS GOOD - IF YOU LOOK AT TOTAL REWARDS BUT REALLY LOOK AT A BETTER PERFORMANCE BASED INCENTIVE PROGRAM

LIVE. WORK. PLAY.

BEST ASPECTS IS THE CONNECTION WITH EXECUTIVE LEADERS, UNDERSTANDING THE BUSINESS AND THE INVESTMENT THEY MAKE IN US

PROGRAM LENGTH COULD BE LONGER THAN ONE YEAR, AND NOT BEING ABLE TO CONNECT WITH OTHER MAP'S OUTSIDE OF LAS VEGAS

BE ABLE TO ENGAGE, ENTERTAIN AND INSPIRE (OUR COMPANY'S CORE VALUES) IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS

A Diverse exposure through all aspects of the entertainment king of Las Vegas

Being able to shadow areas of interest and having so much access to upper management/executives. Also the bonds I formed with my fellow "MAPers" is still strong to this day.

Not every aspect of accounting is exciting and there were certain times where I would just watch a process and take notes when I wanted to do something to contribute.

Ask plenty of questions and don't be afraid to shadow an area you have no experience in. It's important when you work for a large company to have knowledge of other areas, because they all work towards the same common goal.

Advice to Management

Some issues which have sprung up recently is retention of younger employees. While many of these moves will limit their long-term career goals, the company should be a little more proactive in adressing the needs of these younger employees.

Go big or go home

I enjoyed all the networking with all the different properties and being able to visit a different property if I choose to.

I would like to see more rotation among the properties.

I think that it is a great company to work for and if you want to learn how to manage on a large scale, this is the [lace to be.

Advice to Management

I think that the pay is low for the Las Vegas Strip and there is not promotion on who does the best job.

Date: 2013

Running all 15 of teh portable bars in the Gold Buckle Zone for the National Finals of Rodeo's official after party at the MGM Grand.

The networking possibilities here are endless.

Lack of structure

understanding the size of this property and organization and the difficulties that can develop due to that

Advice to Management

Compensation for hours worked can be improved as well as property-wide communication

Discover opportunity.

Mentorship, hands on experience.

Interview Process. compensation.

Be passionate about Vegas and Hospitality.

Advice to Management

More competitive compensation.