Intern at RAI Internship Program? Submit a Review

High Quality Educational Opportunities/ Meaningful Projects

Winston Salem, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

*Great compensation for an intern
*Projects that develop necessary career skills
*Friendly work environment
*Company GYM and Health Center
*Given necessary technology
*Manager and mentor wanting to teach/train you with real world skills
*Allowed to invest in company 401k plan with company match
*Free housing
*Personalized cubicles
*Friendly leadership
*Weekly round table discussions with top level management
*Organized weekly events for interns. ie baseball games, Nascar races, and movies. These events were geared for enjoyment instead of forced networking.

*The housing had a "mini kitchen" which was just a small fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. There was no stove or freezer. This made cooking difficult but the location did provide complimentary breakfast and evening drinks.

The tobacco industry typically gets a bad rap; however, RAI is actively implementing harm reduction programs. Most people will hear big tobacco and not consider applying. That would be a mistake, RAI's Intern Program is top notch and provides great career development for undergrad students. My only complaint is about Winston -Salem, if you come from a larger city, Winston-Salem is a bit underwhelming.

Advice to Management

Nothing.

I can't remember specific questions but the interview process is structured as follows:
*Initial Phone interview
*Interview superday at headquarters
-3 interviews with 2/3 upper-level interviewers per interview. 1 of these 3 will be a case study.

Amazing experience that provides a full scope of the operations of the company and within your department, and add value to the company

Winston Salem, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to actually have a project that was going to add value to the company, and the exposure that I was able to get while I was here at Reynolds

I wish it was a longer period of time is my only complaint, I want to stay longer.

Take full advantage of every opportunity they give you here and soak up as much knowledge as you can. It is an incredible experience and it will be well worth your time.

Advice to Management

I think giving the intern more of an implication during the end of their time if they will be getting a full-time employment opportunity or not

STAR Questions, situational, questions about yourself, knowledge of the company

Incredible learning experience with exposure to the corporate environment of a large corporation.

Winston Salem, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed my work a lot because it fit in well with my interests and skills. I enjoyed working with all types of people

There are no negatives I can think of.

It was great to go in knowing nothing and having no expectations. Keep an open mind and don't be afraid to be curious and learn.

The best way I could have spent my summer

Hartford, CT | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the company culture and the perks

Too many CBTs

Be yourself! and talk to as many people as much as you can!

Describe a time when you had to be a leader
Leadership dimensions
What do you know about the industry/ company

The Greatest Sales and Marketing Internship in the Country

Austin, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyday was different
I actually made a difference for the company, I did not jut get coffee and print things
The pay and benefits were unreal for an internship
I made so many new friends and created great relationships

The social interaction on a day to day basis was lacking
Team building interactions were not a priority in my division (not specific to the internship at whole)

I wish I would have known truly how fantastic this company is so that I could have been prepared. They have just blown me away, and I never expected to like this industry as much as I do. They are not the big tobacco company that you would expect. RAI wants to change this industry for the better

This is the best internship in the world in terms of practical training and I learned more in a summer than many interns learn in three.

Denver, CO | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I gained a lot out of the "work-withs" with territory managers and enjoyed working on a main project for the majority of the summer related to what I was doing. I also enjoyed getting out to see another market dynamic for a week.

There are days at a time toward the end when you are working completely on your own. While this is empowering and your team is there via mobile device to help with any questions, it can feel isolating. However, being a self-starter and working alone at times is part of the job.

Reynolds American is the most efficient company I have ever seen and they value their interns as part of the team at large, making the intern feel empowered and as though he or she has an impact on the company while working for it part-time. This is my second internship, and it was definitely a change from errand-boy tasks to work that makes a difference.

Advice to Management

I would have loved to learn more about analytical tools we used in the Trade during the first week's training at home office in NC. It would have been great to have a half-day dedicated to learning the tools we needed to use before we went to our divisions for the summer.

The interviewers want to know more than anything if you are coachable and enthusiastic about the work you will do, in addition to displaying leadership dimensions or qualities that help you excel and elevate others in the workplace. Many questions had to do with specific experiences in which you had to lead change, influence others, etc.

Educational & Fun

Jacksonville, FL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to work with people in different roles and different places.

I think it was a little too short.

That no day of work is completely the same.

Learning by Doing

Winston Salem, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Making connections with the full-time employees, hearing from executive leaders, working on a project that has a true business impact, working in a welcoming environment, and being exposed to different areas of IT.

Lack of diversity

Do your best to connect with people inside and outside of the office.

Advice to Management

Create employee resource groups

Best experience a student could ever want.

Houston, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with my fellow coworkers, learning something new everyday

Internship is too short

They are a coaching environment. Express your desire to learn

Collaboration and curiosity goes a long way

Access to leadership

Nothing. It was great.

Reach out to people and ask questions.

Behavioral interviews.