P&G Internship and Co-Op Program

Date: 2013

Meeting your full potential while driving the company forward at P&G

The people are amazing, the environment is competitive and supportive, networking is encouraged and facilitated, the projects are meaningful and have clear visible outcomes, and the perks were really a cherry on top.

That it had to end! If I had one criticism, it would be that there is a lot of pressure to perform. I tend to thrive under pressure though, so it worked well for me.

Apply early and talk directly to recruiters - P&G is all about networking and making connections. Definitely frame your interview in terms of context, action, and results because P&G loves problem solvers.

Advice to Management

I don't really have much to say in this category. Compensation was competitive, my hours were determined by my own work ethic and volition, and everyone I met seems pretty happy to be here. The only criticism I heard often was regarding bureaucracy - simplify whatever you can.

Date: 2013

Opportunity to own a real project from end-to-end with real value to the business.

-Ability to own an entire project -Exposure to senior level executives -Networking with employees in various roles across the company -Programming events for interns

-Corporate housing was not made available and housing options were limited -Was not assigned a project in the area I originally interviewed for

Great company to work for and you'll receive a project that has real value for the company. Opportunity to hone your professional development skills.

Advice to Management

-Consistency across functions in terms of starting salaries and whether you would start as a Band 1 or 2 as a graduate student -Be more clear about the project placement process after an offer is accepted

Date: 2013

Intern learns valuable work and personal lessons through a great summer experience

I was given very worthwhile projects. The internship was paid. I was given lots of resources to help me every step of the way to answer my questions and help me grow as a person as well as an asset the company.

I disliked teh acronyms. P&G is a large and complex company, so delving into it is a little hard.

P&G is a hire from within company. If you do great and work hard you will be rewarded. Also, the company is fantastic at training and developing its own employees. There are many training opportunities to help employees improve themselves in their work.

Date: 2013

P&G provides interns real-world experience that adds value to the business by saving the company money, time, and resources.

I was given real work that full time employees would be completing if I was not here. I have also made life long friends and valuable career coaching and connections from full time employees. I have also had the opportunity to meet the CEO 3 times.

You do not know what city you will be placed in until after you accept your offer.

Expect to be challenged. P&G will push you to your limits and you will grow not only with your work skills but also as a leader.

Advice to Management

The relocation process could be improved for non- headquarters employees.

Date: 2013

Developing leadership and capabilities with meaningful projects and experience

Procter and Gamble pays extremely well You are treated like and given the responsibilites of a full time employee Your projects are meaningful and actually affect the company P&G really focuses on developing your leadership and management skills P&G is extremely interested in developing you as a person as well as an employee Multiple internship networking events are offered Work with outstanding leaders, managers, and role models P&G teaches you all about the company and career options P&G is interested in your continued development by strongly encouraging you to come back for another internship

The plant location / social life is nonexistent for my specific internship

P&G is interested in your leadership and your skills. Grades are important, but they are more looking for the people with the most potential to be outstanding leaders.

Advice to Management

It was hard to find living arrangements for my specific plant

Skip Jr. Designer and learn what it takes to be a Creative Director

The best aspects of this internship is that I get to see what P&G is like from the inside. To know that the people really do care about the products they make, and the innovations they try to achieve in the marketplace. I also enjoy that as a designer I get to manage projects, which you don't get the opportunity to do very often this early in your career.

Probably the fact that I'm in a cubicle. I come very a pretty fast paced open environment, so this is a bit different.

They take less than 1% of applicants, but don't let that stop you from applying. What's the worst thing that happens they say no, and your left in the same spot you were before you applied. This doesn't mean you're not qualified for your degree or education, it just means they didn't think you were qualified for the position they had. Keep your head up.

Advice to Management

If you're just wanting to design all day, pick a different internship. If you want to design, manage, and lead projects this may be the job for you. Just don't expect anyone to hold your hand through it all. Yes, people will be there to guide, help, and offer resources but you are on your own for the most part. It's the real world kid. Buckle up.

1% of applicants get to experience what you'll experience

Networking, gaining technical skills, developing my work process

some boring stretches waiting for email responses

Definitely work on your resume and test taking skills in order to get past the initial evaluation prior to interviews

Date: 2013

Many responsibilities, lots of learning, large impact!

P&G gave real accounts and projects for interns to handle. My projects had results up in $10+ million in sales.

Many tasks were prerscribed and thought out before I tried them-- desire more free reign for ideation.

P&G truely invests in interns-- $20+/hr salary, relocation and housing stipend, sales gets a company car, lots of training and benefits!

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with assigning locations for positions-- Sales employees have little control over location assigments.

Date: 2013

The Amazing Journey: A deep look into the beauty of the brains behind big brands.

The People. The Opportunities. The Culture. The Chance to Build Brands and Your Career.

Final decision (offer / no offer) occurs over one week after final presentation.

Procter & Gamble is undeniably a fantastic place to intern. I have seven years of work experience and am entering my second year of MBA candidacy and I learned more in 12 weeks than I have in the past 3 years of my professional experience. The people at P&G genuinely want you to succeed because we are truly all "in this together". The value of a promote-from-within culture is evident and though intense at times, the culture is very supportive, collegial and surprisingly refreshing. I hope to walk away from this experience with a full-time job offer but I am even more excited I will walk away with a host of new friends!

Advice to Management

Explore ways to communicate career planning for MBAs within the organizaiton.

Date: 2013

Here is your project and the tools to get started: GO.

Great people, awesome work environment, and very meaningful projects.

It is emotionally straining to get constant feedback, but it makes you a better worker.

Always be on your A game!!