L'Oreal USA Finance Summer Internship; Marketing Summer Internship; Apply through A Taste of L'Oreal

3.7 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 12 Intern Reviews)

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking opportunities, exposure to high-level executives, projects that were actually relevant to everyday business

Honestly, I have no cons

It's imperative to be able to take your own initiative and be resilient in all projects assigned.

A Taste of L'Oréal: Seriously, the Best Marketing Internship Out There.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved how the talent recruitment team worked tirelessly to not only place us with a brand that matched us as an intern, but to integrate us with the company as a whole. By the end of my internship experience, I truly felt as if I was almost an employee myself - we had learned so much about each division and each brand in the company, participated in L'Oreal's company-wide volunteer day, met the CEO and other top executives, and actually seen my day-to-day work come to fruition both on my brand's website and through emails sent to consumers. I also loved being able to interact with the MBAs that also worked on the same brand as myself - their experience and willingness to talk with me as an undergraduate truly augmented my internship experience in a way nothing else could have.

Honestly, nothing. I loved coming in to work each day, and although some days I worked a little longer than expected, there was no task that I did not enjoy doing.

You will most certainly work hard in this internship, but with a potentially fantastic outcome: a full-time job offer. This internship program is not just about committing yourself to your assigned brand and team for the day-to-day work, but about committing yourself to the internship as a whole. The talent recruitment team plans a number of informational sessions and 'field trips' to teach the interns more about the company as well as bonding activities for the interns. Take advantage of these! I came away from this internship with not only a fantastic summer experience (and, a month later, with a job offer) - but with a number of friends that I will have for life.

A very rewarding experience where I was given responsibilities and learned a lot
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Manager, mentor program, final project presentation to the president, networking events, the other interns

I had to work long hours

Know that you will be held accountable for your work and will be given a substantial amount to do. They take the interns very seriously

Amazing
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part about my job was the ability to interact with other interns at all the company sponsored intern events. I was also able to learn more about the company through a individual summer project. I also love the flexible hours, and the work-life balance the company provides during the summer, allowing me to work and have time to engage in other activites.

I feel the internship was more intern-based and hoped for more responsibility.

L'oreal provides a great work-life balance, company culture, and way of life. The internship program allows you to explore different facets of a multinational company and allows you to partake in company policies such as shopping at the company store.

Fun, fast-paced, cutting edge, L'Oreal is the place to be if you want to work in beauty.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to all aspects of a brand managers role in a beauty company. Dedicated employees who truly care about giving you the best summer experience possible. Learning sessions that allow you to get a feel for what the other divisions at L'Oreal do. Exposure in small group settings to senior management. Lots of free products!!!!

The long hours but it was completely worth it. I learned a wealth of information about the business of beauty.

Pick your division and brand carefully because the personalities and culture can vary drastically.

Advice to Management

The teams seem to be in desperate need of additional staff members. Many people seem overworked. I think expanding the workforce could really help to reduce the long hours worked, employee burn out and increase retention of talent.

"Worth it" (after the L'oreal line..."because we're worth it")
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people, the products, the creativity it requires, the challenge, the FUN you have with other interns and colleagues

There didn't seem to be enough space for all of us so 5 girls shared 1 conference room. This made it difficult to concentrate at times.

L'Oreal is not the typical "9-5" job. You have to be willing to come early, stay late, and put forth 100% at all times. You must be a hard worker, creative, and persistent. No one holds your hand at L'Oreal. It is, however, the best experience I've ever had. You should have a passion for beauty and marketing to obtain this internship.

Advice to Management

Compensation and diversity were not issues at all. The internship pays very well and the interns each brought something different to the table. Employee retention varied. Some employees had been there for numerous years but I also watched many employees leave the company this summer. There is a lot of room for promotion and growth in the company and that is something that is very attractive about L'oreal.

Challenging, but fun real world marketing experience at a dynamic international corporation

level of responsibility

only get to experience one brand/product

L'Oreal is a truly fantastic company to intern for because of the development and support programs. the work is challenging, interesting, and fun

Learned a lot, competitve work environment
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learned a lot, gained valuable skills, experienced NYC, other interns were smart and fun to be around, did real work that impacted the business.

Super competitve environment, very demanding managers, some long hours

Know you have to have the right personality. It's beauty in NYC. It's competitve. You will learn a lot but you have to understant what the culture is and it really is not a fit for everyone.

Advice to Management

Better HR contact throughout internship

Worked very long hours, very little guidance.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about the complexity of the company.

Manager ignored me most of the time. Was rude and told me she was not there "to guide or train me, but I had to figure things out so she can make her manager look better".

If you really love cosmetics and beauty products, L'Oreal is where you should be. It is a very political environment where if you are with the wrong people your experience will be horrible.

Advice to Management

Offer relocation stipend, and monitor managers. There is NO structure within each individual role. Every intern is doing something completely different yet everyone is evaluated the same way.

Have a taste of L'Oreal and get ready for the real roller-coaster ride of the beauty industry.

-Senior management exposure
-Visibility to other departments and brands
-Open channel of communication
-Good reputation on the market

-Inconsistency of expectations between management and HR
-Lack of guidance and mentoring
-Total lack of consistence on feedback during the course of the internship

-Do not trust positive feedback and always look to do more and better
-Be innovative, always try to do things in a different way and introduce something completely new and extraordinary to everything you do
-Work hard and stand for your ideas even when facing rejection
-Have strong ideas and opinions

Advice to Management

-Mentoring and training were unsatisfactory as well as the employee evaluations.
-Management should try to mentor and work closer to interns and give real constructive feedback.
-Evaluations should address real areas of development rather than create a false sensation of "good job"