Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #7 Best Internships for Marketing & Communications Majors

Date: 2013

Exposure to many different aspects of supply chain managment and being prepped for a full time position.

Many opportuinties to be involved in projects that can get you noticed by upper management. Exposure to a variety of different roles and postions within your field. Working with people that are similar in age and have similar interests. Lots of opportunites to be social outside of work.

Not being able to manage my own, personal customer like the other full-time employees. Very little interaction with my team leader.

Kimberly Clark provides a great, interactive work environment that allows you to communicate well with your co-workers and use eachother's knowledge and experience to problem solve on a daily basis. This company also provides you with a oppertunites to advance up in the company every 18 months. You also have the opportunity to present to get noticed by upper managemnt for the work you are doing.

Advice to Management

More time could be set aside for direct interaction for interns and team leaders. I don't think my orientation was officailly completed until I had already been working here for about two moths.

Date: 2013

Real-world engineering experience in a challenging and innovative environment.

Working on real projects and being given real responsibilities The incredibly supportive company culture

Nothing so far

K-C is flexible and wants you to get a wide range of experiences while you work here.

Date: 2013

Adding Value to a Fortune 150 Company and gaining a worthwhile experience.

Working with team, accesibility to senior level executives.

There was nothing about this internship I did not like.

Get to know as many people as possible. Really understand the role they play in the organization and how their role impacts the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

N/A

Amazing internship experience

Travel, Flexibility, Meaningful projects, great people

That I didn't take more advantage of the opportunties to learn more about the various aspects of the company.

Take advantage of how willing everyone is meet with you. Set up lots of meetings to learn about the organization. Have a short list of questions in hand, such as "tell me about your career path", "what advice do you have for me?", "what do you like most/least about KC?" ...etc

Date: 2013

Exciting Process Engineering Co-op Helps Kleenex Save Sniffling Noses!

meaningful work, great culture

I liked everything.

Kimberly Clark is a great company to work for!!!

Advice to Management

Keep supporting interns like they are full time employees

Friendly people, awesome facility

The friendliness of all the employees

I liked everything

The Jenks facility at least, is very nice. It has a cafeteria as well as a small gym to exercise/workout at. Safety is a big big deal here, and it is very evident in a great way.

Date: 2013

Exciting opporunity to work with a large consumer goods corporation with a kind and understanding staff.

I was able to learn alot about my potential future as a packaging engineer. Kimberly-Clark typically hires its previous interns, so in a way my internship was like an 8-month long job interview. Each intern is assigned one or more mentor(s) that are almost always available to help offer guidance or answer questions when needed. The co-workers are very kind and friendly and treat you like a valuable member of a team. You can work remotely one many things and they offer flexible work hours, especially during the summer when they let you leave at noon on Fridays. The company offers excellent pay for an intern as well as a one-time relocation premium based on the range you are moving from to help you get moved nearby. There are numerous other opportunites while working with Kimberly-Clark to network with other business as well as learn things like lean principles and about the personal care product sector from one of Kimberly-Clark's many offered learning sessions throughout the year. They let me extend my internship from six months to eight months. They are also willing to let you

The worst thing from my internship was the final presentation they make you do to present about what you learned and what you did during your time as an intern. I already have to do something similar to this for college, so I just feel the presentation is a bit redundant - that being said, I completely understand why they expect you to do it.

I would highly reccomend Kimberly-Clark to anyone with a bachelors degree or higher. They are a great company to work for when you first get our of school with good pay and good benefits. The only things I would caution you about the company is that they are a very marketing driven company - sometimes marketers don't always ask for realistically achievable results. They also don't have a method to be promoted in-place, so you will likely have to transition from one role to another within the company to recieve a promotion which can only be done once every year and a half. The nice thing about

Advice to Management

I think promotion policies and marketer demands are about the only things I ever hear being complained about by my co-workers. They don't promote in place, so you have to transfer from one position/role to another to climb the corporate ladder. Since this is a heavily marketing driven company, some of the demands or espectations of marketers can get a bit unrealistic at times as well.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Engineering Education at its best

Interaction with proffessionals, resources available to complete the job and training sessions

Not Applicable to my co-op experience

The company is currently attempting to make upgrades so there is a lot of work to be done but that also means there is many learning opportunities.

Advice to Management

Employee retention could improve. Long term employees get a better chance of making an actual impact to the company.

Resourceful Opportunities: Networking at its Best

Hands on experience Fast-paced environment Helpful, outgoing collegues

I have had little to no issues with this work experience

Be yourself. KC values honest employees who are confident in theirself.

Advice to Management

Better on-boarding organization-- a checklist of specific items to complete and bring in would have been very helpful

Date: 2013

Development and design experiance you cannot buy anywhere.

Everyone is nice, flexible work hours, and many different things to work on. Saftey is very important.

That I had to share an office.

Be willing to try new things get out there and be reconized.

Advice to Management

Be known by more people. The name is not known but the products are.