Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program

Real-world engineering experience in a challenging and innovative environment.
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on real projects and being given real responsibilities

The incredibly supportive company culture

Nothing so far

K-C is flexible and wants you to get a wide range of experiences while you work here.

Exposure to many different aspects of supply chain managment and being prepped for a full time position.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Many opportuinties to be involved in projects that can get you noticed by upper management.

Exposure to a variety of different roles and postions within your field.

Working with people that are similar in age and have similar interests.

Lots of opportunites to be social outside of work.

Not being able to manage my own, personal customer like the other full-time employees.

Very little interaction with my team leader.

Kimberly Clark provides a great, interactive work environment that allows you to communicate well with your co-workers and use eachother's knowledge and experience to problem solve on a daily basis. This company also provides you with a oppertunites to advance up in the company every 18 months. You also have the opportunity to present to get noticed by upper managemnt for the work you are doing.

Advice to Management

More time could be set aside for direct interaction for interns and team leaders. I don't think my orientation was officailly completed until I had already been working here for about two moths.

Adding Value to a Fortune 150 Company and gaining a worthwhile experience.
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with team, accesibility to senior level executives.

There was nothing about this internship I did not like.

Get to know as many people as possible. Really understand the role they play in the organization and how their role impacts the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

N/A

Amazing internship experience

Travel, Flexibility, Meaningful projects, great people

That I didn't take more advantage of the opportunties to learn more about the various aspects of the company.

Take advantage of how willing everyone is meet with you. Set up lots of meetings to learn about the organization. Have a short list of questions in hand, such as "tell me about your career path", "what advice do you have for me?", "what do you like most/least about KC?" ...etc

Resourceful Opportunities: Networking at its Best

Hands on experience

Fast-paced environment

Helpful, outgoing collegues

I have had little to no issues with this work experience

Be yourself. KC values honest employees who are confident in theirself.

Advice to Management

Better on-boarding organization-- a checklist of specific items to complete and bring in would have been very helpful

Exciting, always changing, challenging, and limitless opportunities
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Traveling for work, working on projects that have meaning, working in both "staff" and at a mill for different exposures.

There is a lot of paperwork involved in doing almost anything. There are long standards for how to document things, and changes take a long time.

Don't be afraid to travel to new places short term or long term, and get experience in both staff and at a mill. You will learn a lot about the company and will be exposed to more things which will only help your career.

Friendly people, awesome facility
Tulsa, OK | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The friendliness of all the employees

I liked everything

The Jenks facility at least, is very nice. It has a cafeteria as well as a small gym to exercise/workout at. Safety is a big big deal here, and it is very evident in a great way.

Engineering Education at its best
San Antonio, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interaction with proffessionals, resources available to complete the job and training sessions

Not Applicable to my co-op experience

The company is currently attempting to make upgrades so there is a lot of work to be done but that also means there is many learning opportunities.

Advice to Management

Employee retention could improve. Long term employees get a better chance of making an actual impact to the company.

Exciting research and development opportunity.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with a bright team that is also very welcoming and fun to work with.

The other co-ops I started with left at the end of summer. Would have like to work with them during my entire term.

Be outgoing and get involved with different aspects of the company and the community.

Student Gains Invaluable Experience and Knowledge While Enjoying Himself and Networking Effectively
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people are very nice and helpful and have made it very comfortable for me in such a learning/working environment. I am also challenged appropriately in my work objectives.

The first week has been a little stagnant because of the trainings and lack of actual work that I have had to do. This is probably due to the onboarding process and not actually the fault of the company or its employees.

Join this company. It is a great experience. I am getting the opportunity to learn about the intricacies of an industry that I never would have without working for Kimberly Clark. Everyone is very nice and helpful. They have a great Co-op community who generally gather socially very frequently. I am also getting the opportunity to travel on my first assignment which seems like an incredible opportunity.