Intern at Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program? Submit a Review

KC FAMILY HELP GROW CONFIDENCE, WORK ETHIC, PERSONAL SKILLS AND TECHNICAL SKILL FOR ME CO-OP TO DO ANYTHING

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The environment with all coworkers was inviting and welcoming. Everyone was willing to take their time with me to help ensure I understood everything I needed to. Never once did I feel alone in my process here.

For me it was the distance from home, which was 1700 miles away, just because I am very close to family. I do not regret moving though because it was the best opportunity I have had in my field for what I want to do.

Put yourself out there and pusk yourself. Mistakes are the best way to learn, so be willing to fail from time to time. This is how you continue to develop. Never be too cautious and take calculated risks.

Advice to Management

Finding housing was hard because of the area, so having some kind of setup housing or more help to locate housing would be helpful.

Student given opportunity to experience workplace and learn and grow as a professional!

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

My internship has allowed me to experience what the actual work place will be like upon graduation. I have had the opportunity to learn to communicate with other professionals effectively and to grow as a member of the company. Having a mentor to answer questions and provide feedback has been tremendously useful. This experience has instilled confidence in me that I do have the abilities to contribute to my field.

The hours are very flexible and the pay is great. The people are very nice and encouraging. For the most part I feel that the work is interesting and fairly challenging.

Because my internship has only been a few months, I don't feel that I really know what I'm doing yet. More time here would help me to understand the standards and policies of my company, and allow me to work more independently. For the most part I do feel that I am respected and treated as a full-time employee, but occasionally I don't feel like I'm being taken seriously.

My coop experience has been a great opportunity to learn and grow in my field. Not only have I had the opportunity to contribute to the company and learn about the workplace, I have some great work experience and most likely a job offer. My company is very encouraging to coops, and I generally feel respected and important.

Advice to Management

It would have been helpful to have more of an understanding of the mill as a whole. I didn't ever know which projects were happening and who/what they involved. A more organized training of each person and the role they played would have been helpful.

My KC internship has developed my career and myself far beyond my expectations.

Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given a challenging project with the resources, contacts, and support to be successful. I worked on a talented team that empowered me to do my best work. I had the opportunity to come to work and be engaged for the full 8 hours.

It was a little bit far from my university apartment.

Kimberly-Clark values people. They want to know who you really are and help you grow. I was pleasantly surprised to find that such a successful company has such an open, collaborative, and empowering atmosphere. The schedule is flexible, and interns are trusted to get their 40 hours/week in whether at home or in the office, but I came to work everyday just to spend time with my incredible coworkers. KC should definitely be one of your top choices.

Amazing learning experience with an innovative and supportive team

Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Feeling as though my project really had an impact

I would have liked to see more of the business rather than just the marketing communciations team, it would have been interesting to see different sides of the business to gain a better overall view rather than just a sector

They are truly an amazing company to work for!

Kimberly-Clark provides unforgettable opportunities you will not find elsewhere, and experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship is the exposure I have to the highest level of decision making. I've created a presentation for our CFO and have been given opportunities to participate in calls with our top 100 leaders in the organization. Being exposed to each high level aspect of this business, whether it be finance, one of our amazing brands' marketing strategies or innovation calls, has given me valuable insight I will never forget. I also had the opportunity to travel to Dallas last year for our Global Communications Summit. The fact they were willing to include me as an intern, shows how valuable each and every team member is to their function at K-C.

I truly do not have anything I would say I liked least about this internship. Everything I have done and experienced has led me to a valuable conclusion.

Often times when evaluating employers, you take into consideration pay, location and many other factors that seem important on face value. But, when you look a little deeper, it's the opportunities that are available to you that translate into the experience you can put on your resume. After a while, that long list of valuable experience will be what gets you to the job with the best pay, and ideal location. Kimberly-Clark gives you these opportunities, and many more in ways that other employers simply do not. Not only that, but it is a truly amazing place to work. Think about all of the opportunities you are hungry to have, the experiences you need to land that dream job -- and realize that this, not pay or location, should be the basis for your decision. Kimberly-Clark is a place for those who always want to learn something new; for those who want to be a part of something bigger; and for those who know that opportunity, not pay is the real value in the work that you do.

Advice to Management

Bring younger talent into the discussions regarding innovation, and marketing. Growing up with all of these things surrounding everything we do, we may have more valuable insight than you think.

Exciting, always changing, challenging, and limitless opportunities

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Traveling for work, working on projects that have meaning, working in both "staff" and at a mill for different exposures.

There is a lot of paperwork involved in doing almost anything. There are long standards for how to document things, and changes take a long time.

Don't be afraid to travel to new places short term or long term, and get experience in both staff and at a mill. You will learn a lot about the company and will be exposed to more things which will only help your career.

Getting to see the my studies come to life. I was able to learn how everything in courses applies in a real setting.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I work with are great. They are very helpful, professional, and knowledgable. The converting department also provides challenges that pushed me to be creative in my solutions or setting up an experiment. Also, the tasks I was assigned were meaningful. They were important to the converting team, and I was consistently in the loop with things happening in the department.

Being a summer term, I did not really have enough time to make more of an impact. It took almost a month to learn the department and how each line works. In the last few weeks, I was able to more to give good feedback to my team.

A candidate should come prepared to do anything with my employer. There are so many different sectors to Kimberly-Clark that a lot of opportunity is available. Also, be prepared to work on something meanignful.

Amazing internship experience

Travel, Flexibility, Meaningful projects, great people

That I didn't take more advantage of the opportunties to learn more about the various aspects of the company.

Take advantage of how willing everyone is meet with you. Set up lots of meetings to learn about the organization. Have a short list of questions in hand, such as "tell me about your career path", "what advice do you have for me?", "what do you like most/least about KC?" ...etc

Friendly people, awesome facility

Tulsa, OK | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The friendliness of all the employees

I liked everything

The Jenks facility at least, is very nice. It has a cafeteria as well as a small gym to exercise/workout at. Safety is a big big deal here, and it is very evident in a great way.

Exciting Process Engineering Co-op Helps Kleenex Save Sniffling Noses!

meaningful work, great culture

I liked everything.

Kimberly Clark is a great company to work for!!!

Advice to Management

Keep supporting interns like they are full time employees