Intern at ADT Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Awesome Experience. Awesome People

Boca Raton, FL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learned a lot about how a business functions.

None that I can think of.

People are very sociable. Join if you are looking for an outgoing culture.

Advice to Management

None that I can think of.

Do you have experience with Pivot Tables?

The ability to grow as an individual with the chance of obtaining full time employment. ADT put you in a great place for the future.

Boca Raton, FL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning, growing, ability, and access to the company and its people. The chance to meet wonderful co-interns and to network. The day to day helped me grow and some of the over arching opportunities let me learn about corporate structure. I truly believe that I have learned and grown so much as an individual as a result of this internship.

Just a bit of uncertainty in the company currently going through integration. It is great experience to see, but the potential for future employment is unclear.

It is a great internship. ADT has given me the opportunity to learn and grow so much. I feel like this has given me the chance to really gain so much experience that I can apply to my career. I would recommend this opportunity to anyone who asks. I feel grateful about the chance to be a part of this.

Advice to Management

I have very much enjoyed this as a place to work. It is tough for me to answer this question, actually I feel like I would have to really nit pick in order to answer this. That being said, I think that with the uncertainty of the merger, brings a lot of stress and uncertainty in employee retention. Although I understand that this is not a normal occurrence, it still brings some negativity into the work place.

Tell me about why Innovation interest you?

Helping business make better decisions

Boca Raton, FL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Freedom to speak your mind

More responsibility on the intern as we are anyway being groomed to take on full time positions.

Great company to work for, a great internship program, get to work on impact projects that you can see going into the field right from the start.

Advice to Management

Create better projects for interns to work on. More responsibility to the interns.

How did you solve a problem?
What kind of processes did you consider when you were faced with such a situation?

An opportunity to advance

Boca Raton, FL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience gained, new skill set developed, wonderful people, support from colleagues

Everything was great.

Challenging, fast-pasted environment, many opportunities presented, full-time offer made. if you are looking to advance, and are willing to work for it, ADT is a place for you.

Advice to Management

The program was well thought out, and carried out great.

Committing, enjoying, and learning

Boca Raton, FL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the program is the projects that I have been working on.

From a diversity point, I feel like the program should include more students from different universities. Currently, the majority of the interns are local universities.

Great opportunity but your day-to-day duties depends on your department and your manager.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful to increase full time compensation.

Build an up to date Information system to help ADT achieve higher effciency

flexibility

full time placement oppotunities

keep your mind open to all potential path/process that take you to the desirable outcome

Advice to Management

Compensation

Why are you interested in this position/career.

Amazing Work Experience and Excellent Company Culture

Boca Raton, FL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned so much this summer and now possess skills that I had never had the opportunity to work on an develop before. My team and my mentors were so supportive and welcoming, and have always taken the time to teach me and make sure that I understand what I am doing and why we are doing it.

I was an intern during the integration process with Protection 1. There were many changes in management, making it difficult to gauge whether or not a full-time opportunity would be available, as there were many structural changes being put into place.

This is a great place to have an internship. You will learn a lot as long as you take an interest and ask questions, and you will be in a supportive environment to do so. As an added bonus, the ADT building is beautiful, and offers many amenities within the building itself from a cafeteria with a ton of options, to a free gym and subsidized Starbucks and salon.

Advice to Management

It would have been an even better experience if there was more communication from upper management about changes related to the integration to help with the uneasiness that people are feeling about the process.

What are your interests?
What kind of experience do you have in this field?
List 3 words to best describe you and why?
What are your strengths/ weaknesses?
What do you do for fun?

Work and Fun!-A very well structured Internship Program

Boca Raton, FL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The events organized by the HR Team were memorable and fun!

The pay per hour could have been more!

I think ADT is an organization with a lot of opportunities. It focuses on constant innovation and growth. Moreover there is a great work-life balance while working here .

Exponential learning opportunity within a friendly, geniuine company culture

Boca Raton, FL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Opportunity to network with leadership, interns, and other professionals.
-Exposure to various areas within the company.
-Enhanced my Excel skill-base.

No real complaints. HR did a great job.

Ask a lot of questions, make the best of your experience by doing anything you can to stand out, & follow up with managers to ensure you are on track. Do not just sit around and wait for management to ask you to do a task, but rather, ask for/offer to do more work and deliver in a timely fashion. If you show your true potential, it will be recognized and rewarded.

I'll be back.

Boca Raton, FL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Salesforce experience and the Salesforce team I worked with. The kindest and most generous people. Always willing to help me out and teach me. There a difference between having someone give you something and teaching you something. This team made sure they made me work for my experience and learning and taught me the right way.

Honestly there was not much that I didn't enjoy or like. One aspect that I would have liked to see is an extension to internship experience.

Always take opportunities when given regardless of how tough or impossible they may seem. Never let your insecurities get the best of you and never be intimidated by the task at hand/responsibilities. Always take the opportunities when presented and give your best.

Advice to Management

Would love to have been given the opportunity for an extension.

Question: You have 5 bags of marbles with an assortment of marbles in each bag. 4 of the 5 bags of marbles have 1 oz marbles, the remaining 5th bag has 1.1 oz marbles. If you have 1 attempt to use a scale. How could you determine which of the 5 bags has the 1.1 oz marbles. You must determine which bag has the 1.1 oz marbles on your 1 attempt at using the scale to weigh the marbles and you have to get it 100% of the time. You are not allowed to weigh the bags individually and hope to find it.

Answer: Take 1 marble out of the first bag, 2 marbles out of the second bag, 3 marbles out of the third bag, 4 marbles out of the 4th bag and 5 marbles out of the fifth bag. Now, use the scale 1 time to weigh this selection of marbles. when the scale reads the weight, look at the fractional portion of the total weight. This fractional/decimal number will tell you which bag of marbles had the 1.1 oz marbles. Ex a weight of 15.5 means bag number 5 had the 1.1 oz marbles. 5 * 1.1 = 5.5 oz