Intern at Hormel Foods Corporation Internship Program? Submit a Review

A project based internship that allows you to gain an unmatched level of experience with a company that truly values their employees.

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the projects

The location

You will learn more than you ever expect to learn as an intern and will be treated with the respect of any other employee. Truly feel like you are making a difference and are a part of the team

Advice to Management

Work more on being flexible to employees that don't necessarily want to travel year-to-year

Situation based interviewing style

Learning with Purpose

Allentown, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned a lot and everyone was so willing to help. I felt like a regular employee. People trusted me with things that other employers do not give to interns.

The desk space was very small, and the first few months were a bit boring with not too much to do. There was also no formal training, which would have been nice.

I wish I knew that everyone was so friendly and that is was okay to ask questions; it is encouraged--so ask!

Advice to Management

More formal training during the internship, possibly letting the interns sit in on the full time trainee's seminars more often.

"Describe yourself"
"Tell me about a time you were challenged and how you overcame that challenge"
"Tell me about a situation where you took the leadership position willingly"

The greatest experience of my life!

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking events, lunch and learn, having the responsibility to complete a real projects that would be used after my internship.

I loved everything about my internship!

Research the company thoroughly before applying for the internship.

Advice to Management

Employee retention due to our company headquarters being in such a small town.

Tell me about a time when you had to create a solution for a problem working with a lagging individual in a group project.

Gaining valuable experience in consumer analytics and getting to know the ins and outs of a successful food business

Minneapolis, MN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved the people I worked with. The culture of the company is very welcoming and warm and friendly. Everyone is willing to help you succeed and there is a family-like attitude. They were very accommodating on travel expenses and relocating.

The location was a bit of a constraint for me, only because I came from a city setting and moved to a more relaxed country setting.

Come into the company ready to learn and learn the ins and outs of how Hormel works. They do a very good job of immersing and exposing you to people and places within the business, but make an effort to take the initiative and do NOT be scared to ask questions!

Great Real Life Learning Experience

Minneapolis, MN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and culture of the company, as well as the intern events they had set up for us

I really didn't dislike anything about the internship

The culture of Hormel Foods is second to none, and the people who work here are the backbone of the company, and are treated as such

Great Learning Experience

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to real work, working with the employees, learning about the company

The couple of weeks was overwhelming because of the amount of meetings we had. Maybe less meetings or two meetings in a week

Be open minded and always prepare for the unexpected. You will work on real projects that will contribute to the success of the company so come prepared to work.

what are you strengths and weaknesses

Join a team full of foodies that are inspiring, passionate and care about you and those who create experiences with their products!

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Not having to find or pay for summer housing
- Weekly intern events
- Weekly lunch and learn events to learn more about the business
- The people are phenomenal
- The CEO, VPs, and upper management make time on their calendars to meet with interns
- A culture that truly cares

- Being located in Austin, MN

If you are looking for a company where you will feel valued, Hormel is the place for you. This team is dynamic, will challenge you to reach outside of your comfort zone, and will help you learn every single day - every step of the way.

Advice to Management

I had two previous internships, and both of them paid more than I am getting paid now. I truly believe for those that are coming in with outside experience should be compensated for that.

Why are you interested in Hormel?
Are you willing to relocate?
What experiences have you previously had that would prepare you for this internship role?
Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an unforeseen situation?

Best Internship Ever

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The practical and hands-on experience, coupled with networking, allowed for great professional and personal growth

Location was not ideal

Be open to new experiences and always be sure to ask for help and advice

Best real life experience i had before graduating college! Felt like I learned in college i finally had a chance to apply it!

Kansas City, KS | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people, the pay, being involved in company events, the independence

so much training material

don't be afraid to ask what more can I do, don't be afraid to ask more questions . be curious!

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have hours of 8-5 not 7-4. some locations have 8-5 or can leave at 230, but it would be nice if everyone is equal. More vacation days would be nice.

show me a time when you had to turn a no into a yes? (negotationating skills)
strengths and weakness?
what was the best team you have been on?
what has been your favorite project you have worked on ?

The best summer that helped me decide there is no better company out there

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given real tasks to complete and nobody was looking over my shoulder to "babysit" me. I was given a list of projects, some guidance, and was in charge of shaping my own summer to decide the priorities of various projects. I was also given many great opportunities to get familiar with the company outside of my work sphere by interacting cross-functionally.

I really didn't have negatives from the internship. I worked hard, but I wanted to do that, so it was no trouble.

Even as an intern, you're valued as an employee. You are treated well and are given real responsibilities. Everyone wants to help you and they will look out for your best interest both now, and in the future.

Advice to Management

I don't have any qualms or suggestions to improve the workplace. The company has amazing policies around diversity, training, etc.

This was over a year and a half ago... I have no clue what they asked me at the interview! I just know they were behaviorally based questions.