ConAgra Foods Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #37 Best Overall Internships

The new social science: Food and fun.
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

ConAgra really pushed for the interns to get to know each other. I appreciated this because living in Omaha for the summer would have been lonely if we did not all become friends.

The summer hours left a lot of us exhausted monday-thursday since we had to work longer.

Absolutely take the internship. Become as close as you can to your manager because they are your main support. Also, try to meet different cross-functional employees.

"Popcorn is not popping in the microwave, what is the problem?"

Working on a variety of projects that will and have already made a difference for the comapny
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the work I did made a difference and had real implications; working with all departments to problem solve projects; formal presentation at the end of the summer to executives showing the work that I did

I would have liked to see other areas of the plant for example the shipping, receiving, logistics, and production planning.

Great work experience with a great company that everyone knows of that also offers you opportunity after the internship for a career.

Tell me about a time when you were part of a team and you had to convince your team of your idea.

Every day is different at ConAgra
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, working on real projects, and learning more about the industry.

I can't think of anything.

Definitely consider working at ConAgra.

Awesome company + awesome people = Extraordinary food. It's the perfect recipe for an awesome internship.
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was great to get to know people and the company as a while. They provided lessons from all of the top executives in the company for interns to hear their story. Getting to taste all of the new products was a pretty great perk too.

Involvement with other interns in the Omaha area would be cool.

It is by far one of the most rewarding experiences, especially working at a large food company. Making the food people love and grew up on is very rewarding.

ConAgra treats their interns so well that full time employees are jealous of their planned activities
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved all the planned events they put on for us. They also provided free housing and a very competitive hourly rate.

Some of the things got a little repetitive, but that's how I imagine most jobs to be.

Get involved in as much as you can. I loved the employee wellness classes.

Best professional experience of my life.
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I highly enjoyed the work environment and everyone I worked with. Learned so much from everyone.

I enjoyed my internship

Be really open minded and ask a lot of questions.

Strengths and weaknesses? Tell me about a difficult project.

Advice to Management

Maybe more training in some areas.

College Senior Adds Value to a Fortune 500 Company
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, manager mentorship, value-added projects, development opportunities, excellent community, and great exposure to leadership

Length was a bit short, internship was competitive for a job after graduation

Be open to growing. You will grow a ton throughout your experience, but you have to let yourself grow in order to take anything away from the internship.

Advice to Management

Encourage collaboration and fun - it got competitive at times and seemed cut-throat for full time employment at times

Great summer internship for career and personal growth
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There were many people interested in helping and aiding you with your work and with any other questions regarding life, work, and school.

I don't think the internship had cons.

ConAgra helps you move out to Omaha and set up and paid for the housing- which is helpful in a short term internship. I felt very welcomed right away and was able to meet other interns. The business peer mentor program was very helpful for me.

Advice to Management

I think that the internship program is very developed. If the mid summer and end of summer reviews with managers could be pushed more, it would be helpful. Hours and compensation were good, although I felt like I had more work that 40 hours could accomplish during some weeks and was not allowed to work for overtime pay. I also felt like some other departments had interns that did not do much work but were able to get overtime and benefits from traveling to other locations.

Great Responsible Comes Great Success
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

They gave me a ton of responsibility and I was able to drive results

Since I was given a big task I did not get much exposure to other areas.

I would definitely take an internship with ConAgra Foods especially in Waterloo, IA.

A great opportunity to expand your knowledge as well as networking with other professionals in your industry.
Kennewick, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working along side other professionals while gaining knowledge from them. Applying principles learned from the university to real world applications.

The commute in the morning has been my least favorite part about the internship.

Before the internship make create communication about what will be covered throughout the summer. Ask questions if you are unsure. Be proactive while doing your internship.