ConAgra Foods Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #37 Best Overall Internships

The new social science: Food and fun.
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

ConAgra really pushed for the interns to get to know each other. I appreciated this because living in Omaha for the summer would have been lonely if we did not all become friends.

The summer hours left a lot of us exhausted monday-thursday since we had to work longer.

Absolutely take the internship. Become as close as you can to your manager because they are your main support. Also, try to meet different cross-functional employees.

"Popcorn is not popping in the microwave, what is the problem?"

Great summer internship for career and personal growth
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There were many people interested in helping and aiding you with your work and with any other questions regarding life, work, and school.

I don't think the internship had cons.

ConAgra helps you move out to Omaha and set up and paid for the housing- which is helpful in a short term internship. I felt very welcomed right away and was able to meet other interns. The business peer mentor program was very helpful for me.

Advice to Management

I think that the internship program is very developed. If the mid summer and end of summer reviews with managers could be pushed more, it would be helpful. Hours and compensation were good, although I felt like I had more work that 40 hours could accomplish during some weeks and was not allowed to work for overtime pay. I also felt like some other departments had interns that did not do much work but were able to get overtime and benefits from traveling to other locations.

Working on a variety of projects that will and have already made a difference for the comapny
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the work I did made a difference and had real implications; working with all departments to problem solve projects; formal presentation at the end of the summer to executives showing the work that I did

I would have liked to see other areas of the plant for example the shipping, receiving, logistics, and production planning.

Great work experience with a great company that everyone knows of that also offers you opportunity after the internship for a career.

Tell me about a time when you were part of a team and you had to convince your team of your idea.

Awesome company + awesome people = Extraordinary food. It's the perfect recipe for an awesome internship.
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was great to get to know people and the company as a while. They provided lessons from all of the top executives in the company for interns to hear their story. Getting to taste all of the new products was a pretty great perk too.

Involvement with other interns in the Omaha area would be cool.

It is by far one of the most rewarding experiences, especially working at a large food company. Making the food people love and grew up on is very rewarding.

An intern is an integral part of ConAgra Foods

Involvement in desk

Felt like we were full time employees

Great activities

How we did not get to see all the interns - felt rather isolated from the whole group.

Be friendly - be yourself and everyone will do the same back to you

A great opportunity to expand your knowledge as well as networking with other professionals in your industry.
Kennewick, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working along side other professionals while gaining knowledge from them. Applying principles learned from the university to real world applications.

The commute in the morning has been my least favorite part about the internship.

Before the internship make create communication about what will be covered throughout the summer. Ask questions if you are unsure. Be proactive while doing your internship.

Learned the basics of research and development and learned how to stay on track with a project timeline.
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking events, the facilities, and how willing everyone is to help.

I enjoyed my project but it was a little too technical for me.

Be curious and ask questions, everyone is willing to help.

Take Ownership in a Top Ranking Company
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

1. Insights from high ranking employees.

2. Travel and tours of multiple locations.

3. Working with multiple divisions of the company.

4. Meeting people across levels and disciplines.

5. Real world experience.

1. The internship could have been longer.

This is a great company who hires from within. If you would like to get your foot in the door, this is the way to do it. They will treat you like royalty, give you good advice, and allow you to gain valuable experience in the field. I'm really happy I chose to do my internship with ConAgra Foods this summer.

1. If you witnessed someone not locking out a piece of equipment what would you do?

2. Why do you want to work for us?

Experience provided me with versatile skills to apply in future employment.
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect was that I got to go to a different lab each week.. I learned something new everyday and I learned all parts of the company throughout my internship.

The day did not always follow my agenda/schedule, but I am flexible and adapted quickly to any changes made.

Be personable, have good listening and communication skills, have a passion for food science, take good notes, be a hard worker, make an impressive first impression, stand out from the rest of the candidates, and show enthusiasm and interest in the position.

Best professional experience of my life.
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I highly enjoyed the work environment and everyone I worked with. Learned so much from everyone.

I enjoyed my internship

Be really open minded and ask a lot of questions.

Strengths and weaknesses? Tell me about a difficult project.

Advice to Management

Maybe more training in some areas.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)