Intern at ConAgra Foods Internship Program? Submit a Review

Personal and professional development

Omaha, NE | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The support and resources I received

How short it was.

Network with others and show your interest in the company from the beginning.

Effective learning opportunity while meeting new people

Omaha, NE | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting new people and making a difference in the food industry.

Only having 11 weeks I wish it was a longer time period.

Be courteous and kind and work hard to achieve goals

Advice to Management

More communication from members outside a team

A line is making pasta bowls and the stream of sauce is spilling over what do you do?

The place to develop personally and professionally, with an environment you'll look forward to coming to every day and 100% support.

Omaha, NE | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The personal development opportunities were great. We were provided opportunities to meet with senior leadership within the area of finance as well as across the company. We also had lots of experiences to explore the city we were working in and got to know our fellow interns, whether it was attending a baseball game or going to the zoo through our program. The internship program is also well known and well respected, which I believe gives me a competitive edge against my peers.

I'm honestly struggling to find an example of something I disliked about this internship. There were some differences between the amount of work interns were assigned (some interns had work to do all the time while others were left with more open ended time), but that was more based on manager's discretion rather than the internship program as a whole.

This is a company that cares about its people and wants to win, but wants to win the right way. You will learn something new every day and have lots of opportunities to expand your horizons, whether that is moving up the ladder or branching out into a new area of the business. The culture is one that I wouldn't change for the world, and has a lot of perks that you won't find at other companies of this size.

Excellent learning experience with opportunities for full-time work. Culture and purpose is clear and paramount.

Omaha, NE | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Environment, mentoring, collaboration, and dedication were highlights

I wish there was a chance to see the full production plants of our products.

I suggest having one on one discussions with full-time employees and the management base to get their insights on the company and culture. It is invaluable information and they provide honest feedback.

Awesome Learning Experience

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

people, projects assigned, learning experience

I didn't like how we didn't get to see all the other interns as much.

This company is friendly, it treats the people very well, and the environment is great to work in.

Area Student Finds True Passions

Omaha, NE | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The housing was a huge plus. They provided housing that was awesome, and very helpful.

Nothing at all

Everyone is very friendly take advantage of this set up time to meet and learn from people all over the organization.

Cusotmer Supply Chain Analytics

Omaha, NE | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

My internship allowed me to apply the Excel training I had had in my college classes to a much broader concept I had no prior knowledge of. I was given the freedom to be innovative in creating an analysis tool. I also appreciated how willing the members of my team were to help me throughout the summer.

I did not like having to travel between various offices in Omaha for meetings.

I would consider if you are a right fit for the culture as well as if you truly believe in the company's values.

An Awesome Learning Experience!

Dayton, OH | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great coworkers and boss.
Freedom to work and lead a project
Everyone was willing to help me and answer my questions

Wish I had more side projects to fill the time when my big project was going slow.

The culture and values of the company are fantastic, you learn about them and see them both at corporate and at the plants. Management is very good and are willing to guide you in the right direction. Everyone is willing the help you and talk to you. Work - life balance is easy to maintain.

Advice to Management

Have optional social outings or sports team to create a sense of camaraderie at the plant.

Please give an example of a time where you were working in a group and there was conflict within the group, how did you work through the situation.

Please give an example of a time when you had to teach a group of people to do something, how did you do this?

Intern gets an opportunity to use her skills to make an impact on ConAgra Foods with her summer

Omaha, NE | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting direct lectures from the company executives, having intern socials, and doing a service project.. Housing was also provided.

I wish we would have had direct lectures from leaders in our specific departments.

ConAgra is going through an exciting time of change and innovation and is heading in a great direction.

Advice to Management

Employee Retention seemed to be a problem going through changes in the last year.

They asked a variety of personal and technical questions.

A great place to develop the skills I need to succeed in the future.

Omaha, NE | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

In the internship program, you are given a lot of responsibility and get a glimpse of what it will be like to work in the industry. While you are not expected to fulfill the same duties as a full time employee, it is a good stepping stone to entering the working world. Throughout the program, there were many different sessions to get you introduced to the different departments/aspects of the company so you aren't just learning about your field. Overall, it provides you with a good base to get you prepared for the future.

The biggest drawback of the program is that everyone's experience is different based on their manager. Some internships may be more technical while others are more focused on the big picture. While this is not an easy fix since different brands focus on different style projects, there could be some way to even the playing field.

ConAgra is a great company to work for but don't come in expecting to be coddled. Although everyone is very helpful and willing to answer questions, it is still a challenging program and you are expected to hold your weight.

Advice to Management

I think a training program would be helpful at the beginning of the internship. The transition from school to the working world is a hard one so setting up a program for interns to learn basic skills would be helpful.

Most of the questions asked were situational and seeing how we use our problem solving skills to answer questions that we would face in the real world.