Challenging Internship with Rewarding Opportunities for Growth and Networking

The team dynamic

The time it took to get the projects started

Don't miss out on an opportunity to network, always reach out.

Advice to Management

Offer more formal opportunities for job shadowing.

Conagra foods

pay activities

I like my entire internship

great place to work

Opportunities Are Endless

Exposure to senior leadership Meaningful projects Great pay Possibility of a full time job

I probably could have handled more work

A great experience where you will learn a ton in only 2 months

Advice to Management

If someone has multiple managers or teams make sure that the intern is getting direct feedback from both teams.

Date: 2013

Great engineering problem-solving experience with a huge opportunity to grow your networking and leadship skills

Great management style and personality, extremely open and wanting to help attitude. Frist-hand experience in my Majors field. Networking opportunity with other interns from schools all over the country, memebrs of the plant I was at, and with corporate employees for future employment opportunities. The pay.

The latest I ever came into work was 5:30 a.m. which was tough some mornings. (keep in mind I don't drink coffee or any other sort of caffeine in the morning) The location I ended up at was a small town out in the middle of no where which got boring on weekends.

ConAgra is a great company that can offer practically unlimited resources to you. You will be taken care of and learn a lot in even just 12 weeks.

Advice to Management

I wish I had more time.

Date: 2013

THIS JUST IN: ConAgra Foods Voted #1 Internship Experience!! Why Aren't YOU Here Yet?

(These are not in any specific order; just whatever popped into my head). The opportunities to learn, not only in IT, but in a business aspect as well. The people. The work. The technology. The exposure. The pay. The options. The diversity. The proximity to home and school. The application of my skills.

In all honesty, the other interns tend to not appreciate what opportunities are thrown their way. I also see a lot of interns form cliques, do homework on company time, and dink around in general.

This is not a place for a person who wants to be "average". We make extraordinary food in even more extraordinary ways and we do that with extraordinary people. Please don't work here because they will pay for your college or they pay alot. Work here because it would teach you something and because you legitimately have something to contribute.

Advice to Management

To become a better organization, there are few things that I feel ConAgra could do to improve. I would recommend that they watch WHO they hire for INTERNSHIPS a bit closer. I do not want to work with children.

Date: 2013

There were a lot of opportunities to network and see what a full time position would be like with a laid back atmosphere.

Learning the culture of the company

I wanted more interaction with customers after the food process

The atmosphere is really laid back and everyone is very willing to help an intern learn and understand the company to gain a full understanding of the companya nd what it has to offer in the future.

Advice to Management

I think the company should work on a better work-life balance for employees directly in production.

Date: 2013

Great learning and networking experiences across multiple functions of the organization.

The best aspects of the internship was having the management support to learn as much as I could. They were very supportive of me wanting to do some job shadowing of others during my internship to gain more exposure within the supply chain. I also loved the culture there. I felt very connected with my coworkers and it didn't seem that I was just some intern. I was given the opportunities to work on a lot of different things during my internship and it was value added work-- not just busy work.

It started out a little slow. I didn't have much to work on so I had to go looking and asking for more just to keep me busy throughout the day.

Be flexible in your learning. Try to work problems throw first then when you get stuck ask questions and ask for some guidance. If your plate isn't full, ask to have some one-one meetings with the different managers and directors of the company. Ask to job shadow some people in areas of interest; it's a great opportunity to gain exposure, learn from their experiences, and network!

Advice to Management

Have system access done before or the first day of employment. Make sure those who are responsible for you are aware/reminded of your start date so they can be prepared.

Great Experience, Better People

Actually contributing value-added work to my department and being able to interact with all of the top executives in the company during the summer

A few too many speakers, I really enjoyed the work I was doing so I personally preferred doing that

Talk to as many people in the company as possible to see if there's different areas that would interest you as well as focus on the work in front of you to further your knowledge in business

Work hard play hard

Social events, work experience

Did not connect well with my manager

The internship was awesome I may not want to work her full time but they give you red carpet treatment as an intern

Advice to Management

more feedback

ConAgra Cares!

Collaboration, Learning, Networking

I couldn't work weekends!

If you like IT and you like friendly people, sign up!