Intern at Conagra Brands Internship Program? Submit a Review

Incredible experience

Omaha, NE | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great people, real work experience

I truly enjoyed everythjng

Ask about the culture. It's crazy how much better it is than expected

Conagra, a company where you will be given the responsibility and freedom to create real, lasting change.

Omaha, NE | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The greatest aspect of the internship was the amount of responsibility I was given and the fact that I was able and expected to create real improvements that had lasting effects on the company, and the idea that my input was treated equally by senior staff who had been in the industry for decades.

With any internship, your mentor plays a large role in your experience, with the vast majority having a great balance of teaching and expected independence resulting in a very confidence inspiring experience, but a small few had experiences of having to lead their projects with little guidance and had to rely on their own abilities to foster relationships with managers and coworkers to find the help they needed to be successful.

This internship has real expectations and responsibilities, the company is looking at you to become the next leaders of the company and the facilities so this won't be a "get coffee for your boss and shadow" type internship, you'll be setting up meetings, talking to everyone from the plant manager to the sanitation teams, and presenting often on your progress and suggesting improvements and be expected to follow through with them. In essence, it's like you're already in the job role as a manager/process engineer, and you'll be expected to operate at that standard.

Advice to Management

The company could do a better job of explaining the expectations and opportunities of the role in the intern and MDA programs.

Explain a situation where you had to overcome conflict with a coworker to achieve a goal. (STAR format appreciated)

The internship exceeded all my expectations. I felt as a member of the team and got to learn real world skills.

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The location and teams.

There was nothing I did not like.

Diversify skills.

Real life experience that allowed me to do something meaningful for the company.

People I worked with

So much desk time

How much you learn is truly up to you - go out of your way to learn and more importantly make connections

Conagra Brands gives interns impactful work, unlimited mentoring, and opportunities for both personal and professional growth.

Omaha, NE | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the pay, provided housing during the internship, the chance to meet all of Conagra Brands' C-Level executives and learn from them, the depth of the work I was given, having the opportunity to fly to Chicago to tour ConAgra's headquarters and meet with leaders there, and having the opportunity to shadow employees in any area of the business I was interested in so that I could gain a wider perspective of how the company operates and what different opportunities are available for Conagra employees.

There is literally nothing that I didn't like about the internship. It was an unbelievably phenomenal experience.

If you want an internship making copies and fetching coffee, then an internship at Conagra Brands is not for you. If you want an internship where you'll be challenged, given impactful work, encouraged to be creative about solving problems and asked to share your ideas, then this internship is for you. I do wish I would have known more about the Consimer Packaged Goods industry before starting, though. And make sure you do some research on the company and know at least a few of the company's brands before your interview.

Describe a time when you failed, how did you overcome it, and how do you use lessons from that experience today?

How do you prioritize tasks?

What's your favorite Conagra brand?

Turning education into action with concequences and results.

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The connection with a professional team.

Living on my own far away from home.

This internship really will give you the experince you are hoping for.

Advice to Management

More work would help even out the days.

I cant remember.

Valuable

Opportunities
Learning
Exposure

Not applicable

Be open to trying new things, give it your all, network

Fun people, fun company, fun summer

Omaha, NE | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Intern meet and greets with "C" level leadership team.
Fun and lively coworkers and intern group.
Meaningful work day to day.

Performance feedback could use improvement.

The benefits are incredibly awesome as an intern, qualitative and quantitative. Our intern HR manager is great at relating to everyone and sets up an incredible program.
Managers and other employees make you feel welcome and valuable throughout the summer. My favorite thing about the company is the culture of the workplace.

Advice to Management

Feedback throughout the summer on skills and performance, wether positive or constructive, would be really great to have.

Experiencing Conagra and all that it is worth

Omaha, NE | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great work environment, the employees care about you, summer hours were awesome

Not a year round internship

I wish I would have known that Conagra is laid back in their office, there was no stifling work environment. We were allowed to be creative and try things out when we wanted too.

Microbiology intern

Omaha, NE | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with and saw on a daily basis. Also the free food.

Coffee and popcorn machine was too far away from my building,

Know the company, as well as knowing the people you work with/see on a daily basis