Intern at ConAgra Foods Internship Program? Submit a Review

Awesome company + awesome people = Extraordinary food. It's the perfect recipe for an awesome internship.

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was great to get to know people and the company as a while. They provided lessons from all of the top executives in the company for interns to hear their story. Getting to taste all of the new products was a pretty great perk too.

Involvement with other interns in the Omaha area would be cool.

It is by far one of the most rewarding experiences, especially working at a large food company. Making the food people love and grew up on is very rewarding.

Working on a variety of projects that will and have already made a difference for the comapny

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the work I did made a difference and had real implications; working with all departments to problem solve projects; formal presentation at the end of the summer to executives showing the work that I did

I would have liked to see other areas of the plant for example the shipping, receiving, logistics, and production planning.

Great work experience with a great company that everyone knows of that also offers you opportunity after the internship for a career.

Tell me about a time when you were part of a team and you had to convince your team of your idea.

Great summer internship for career and personal growth

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There were many people interested in helping and aiding you with your work and with any other questions regarding life, work, and school.

I don't think the internship had cons.

ConAgra helps you move out to Omaha and set up and paid for the housing- which is helpful in a short term internship. I felt very welcomed right away and was able to meet other interns. The business peer mentor program was very helpful for me.

Advice to Management

I think that the internship program is very developed. If the mid summer and end of summer reviews with managers could be pushed more, it would be helpful. Hours and compensation were good, although I felt like I had more work that 40 hours could accomplish during some weeks and was not allowed to work for overtime pay. I also felt like some other departments had interns that did not do much work but were able to get overtime and benefits from traveling to other locations.

College Senior Adds Value to a Fortune 500 Company

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, manager mentorship, value-added projects, development opportunities, excellent community, and great exposure to leadership

Length was a bit short, internship was competitive for a job after graduation

Be open to growing. You will grow a ton throughout your experience, but you have to let yourself grow in order to take anything away from the internship.

Advice to Management

Encourage collaboration and fun - it got competitive at times and seemed cut-throat for full time employment at times

ConAgra Excels with Internship Program

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The great support structure provided by ConAgra.

Sometimes it felt difficult to investigate other areas of the company.

Go in expecting to work very hard. The internship at ConAgra is not a "go and fetch me coffee" type of intership. You work hard on projects that have meaningful impact.

Where do you see yourself going in 5 years? What do you hope to get out of this internship?

Advice to Management

I was uncertain of how breaks were to work at the beginning of the internship, that needed some calrification

Engineer figures out problems and learns about company

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

ConAgra has a strong and well-organized internship program. Many people went out of their way to ensure that my internship experience was positive.

At times there was little guidance and many workers were too busy to devote time and attention to the interns.

ConAgra is a wonderful company with a wide range of opportunities and room for growth.

Best professional experience of my life.

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I highly enjoyed the work environment and everyone I worked with. Learned so much from everyone.

I enjoyed my internship

Be really open minded and ask a lot of questions.

Strengths and weaknesses? Tell me about a difficult project.

Advice to Management

Maybe more training in some areas.

Great Responsible Comes Great Success

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

They gave me a ton of responsibility and I was able to drive results

Since I was given a big task I did not get much exposure to other areas.

I would definitely take an internship with ConAgra Foods especially in Waterloo, IA.

A great opportunity to expand your knowledge as well as networking with other professionals in your industry.

Kennewick, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working along side other professionals while gaining knowledge from them. Applying principles learned from the university to real world applications.

The commute in the morning has been my least favorite part about the internship.

Before the internship make create communication about what will be covered throughout the summer. Ask questions if you are unsure. Be proactive while doing your internship.

Intern saves company over $114,000 and possibly more!

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentorship, experience, networking, making a difference

40 hour/week cube life

This is a growing company with lots of potential and room for growth. Food will always be high in demand.

Explain to me what you did this summer for your project? If there was a policy you didn't agree with, how would you handle that situation?

Advice to Management

Incorporate traveling more to get you out of the office