ConAgra Foods Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #37 Best Overall Internships

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 192 Intern Reviews)

Awesome company + awesome people = Extraordinary food. It's the perfect recipe for an awesome internship.
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was great to get to know people and the company as a while. They provided lessons from all of the top executives in the company for interns to hear their story. Getting to taste all of the new products was a pretty great perk too.

Involvement with other interns in the Omaha area would be cool.

It is by far one of the most rewarding experiences, especially working at a large food company. Making the food people love and grew up on is very rewarding.

Working on a variety of projects that will and have already made a difference for the comapny
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the work I did made a difference and had real implications; working with all departments to problem solve projects; formal presentation at the end of the summer to executives showing the work that I did

I would have liked to see other areas of the plant for example the shipping, receiving, logistics, and production planning.

Great work experience with a great company that everyone knows of that also offers you opportunity after the internship for a career.

Tell me about a time when you were part of a team and you had to convince your team of your idea.

The new social science: Food and fun.
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

ConAgra really pushed for the interns to get to know each other. I appreciated this because living in Omaha for the summer would have been lonely if we did not all become friends.

The summer hours left a lot of us exhausted monday-thursday since we had to work longer.

Absolutely take the internship. Become as close as you can to your manager because they are your main support. Also, try to meet different cross-functional employees.

"Popcorn is not popping in the microwave, what is the problem?"

Great Responsible Comes Great Success
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

They gave me a ton of responsibility and I was able to drive results

Since I was given a big task I did not get much exposure to other areas.

I would definitely take an internship with ConAgra Foods especially in Waterloo, IA.

An intern is an integral part of ConAgra Foods

Involvement in desk

Felt like we were full time employees

Great activities

How we did not get to see all the interns - felt rather isolated from the whole group.

Be friendly - be yourself and everyone will do the same back to you

Great summer internship for career and personal growth
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There were many people interested in helping and aiding you with your work and with any other questions regarding life, work, and school.

I don't think the internship had cons.

ConAgra helps you move out to Omaha and set up and paid for the housing- which is helpful in a short term internship. I felt very welcomed right away and was able to meet other interns. The business peer mentor program was very helpful for me.

Advice to Management

I think that the internship program is very developed. If the mid summer and end of summer reviews with managers could be pushed more, it would be helpful. Hours and compensation were good, although I felt like I had more work that 40 hours could accomplish during some weeks and was not allowed to work for overtime pay. I also felt like some other departments had interns that did not do much work but were able to get overtime and benefits from traveling to other locations.

Learned the basics of research and development and learned how to stay on track with a project timeline.
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking events, the facilities, and how willing everyone is to help.

I enjoyed my project but it was a little too technical for me.

Be curious and ask questions, everyone is willing to help.

ConAgra Excels with Internship Program
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The great support structure provided by ConAgra.

Sometimes it felt difficult to investigate other areas of the company.

Go in expecting to work very hard. The internship at ConAgra is not a "go and fetch me coffee" type of intership. You work hard on projects that have meaningful impact.

Where do you see yourself going in 5 years? What do you hope to get out of this internship?

Advice to Management

I was uncertain of how breaks were to work at the beginning of the internship, that needed some calrification

College Senior Adds Value to a Fortune 500 Company
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, manager mentorship, value-added projects, development opportunities, excellent community, and great exposure to leadership

Length was a bit short, internship was competitive for a job after graduation

Be open to growing. You will grow a ton throughout your experience, but you have to let yourself grow in order to take anything away from the internship.

Advice to Management

Encourage collaboration and fun - it got competitive at times and seemed cut-throat for full time employment at times

Intern saves company over $114,000 and possibly more!
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentorship, experience, networking, making a difference

40 hour/week cube life

This is a growing company with lots of potential and room for growth. Food will always be high in demand.

Explain to me what you did this summer for your project? If there was a policy you didn't agree with, how would you handle that situation?

Advice to Management

Incorporate traveling more to get you out of the office