Intern at ConAgra Foods Internship Program? Submit a Review

Endless opportunities

Omaha, NE | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting experience in my field

I would have liked more speakers.

Making sure they have knowledge in Photoshop and illustrator.

A Great Learning Experience

Omaha, NE | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I believe the best aspects of the internship was the ability to learn more about my field of study. I also believe that I was able to focus on the aspects of my job field that were more appealing to me.

The thing I like least about the internship was the lack of planning of the internship program from the department with whom I was interning for.

Be willing to travel, and always keep an open mind.

Advice to Management

I loved the place of work. I would recommend the program to all of my friends.

Gaining real world experience in a supportive environment

Omaha, NE | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed having many different people to turn to. We have our team manager as well as a personal counselor. I think that having the chance to connect with both of them made me feel more like a part of the company.

There were some days when I felt like I didn't have much to do, mainly because I think we had too many interns on the team and not enough work to divide it up and keep us busy throughout the day.

If you like to work in an environment that is laid-back but still gets lots of things done, then ConAgra is for you. Other advice would be to be vocal in your feelings towards your job because the full time employees are there to help you grow and find something that you will love to do.

Advice to Management

I would say they need to evaluate how many interns each team needs in order to keep them all busy. If they have enough interns then don't hire as many since not all will get full time offers.

What are your strengths/weaknesses?
Tell me of a time when you were challenged?

Challenging, Impactful, and Beneficial Procurement Internship focusing on professional development

Omaha, NE | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

management and HR involvement and interest, intern events, professional networking events, Omaha

I do not have any complaints about my summer internship in all honesty.

Omaha is absolutely amazing and so much fun for young people! Do not be hesitant to move to Omaha.

Advice to Management

Top level management needs to be more transparent and honest about changes occuring at the company.
Compensation could be a little higher. Competitive hourly wages seemed to be more around $20/hr as opposed to 18.

Tell me about any leadership experience that you may have. provide specific examples.
Tell me about your previous internship experience. Why are you not returning to your previous internship?
Tell me about a time when you had a conflic with a coworker and how did you solve it?

Great learning experience

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

friendly people
learning experience
networking and learning

Could have more intern lunch and learns and the beginning of internship

Fun place to intern with a well established internship program

Advice to Management

Give greater compensation for short-term housing

Tell me about your experience working on X project.
Tell me about your leadership experience doing X.

Personal Development & Future Goals

Omaha, NE | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of networking and ability to meet with directors and full times and learn a great deal of knowledge from them.
The experience to learn all sides of the business and rotate teams to better network and learn more.
The people are all very kind and at ConAgra it feels like family which is huge!
Work life balance, always incredibly flexible with my school schedule.
Always tried to teach you concepts and tried to give all the work they could without overwhelming you.
Understanding of a intern and capabilities, time.
Ability to present items to higher ups whether it be projects, or applications.

As a computer science major the lack of development and wanting to do bigger and better things than just enhancements.
The cuts conagra has been discussing have left the office in a state of limbo work slows down, and job security is unknown.
Sometimes the irrelevance of work in regards to major.
Tedious Excel copy and paste work on certain teams.

If you want to do heavy development work this is not the place for you unless enhancements and occasional creation of programs in ABAP sounds appealing. Great pay and good personal development, and it feels like a family. Biggest of all does it line up with your major and will be something you enjoy and want to do!

Advice to Management

Job security seems like a questionable item when working here. Try to better plan the intern summer projects, utilize interns to their fullest we tend to be bright and out going. Ensuring difficult teams have a good onboarding process.

What challenges have you faced in the workplace before and how did you handle it?
Did said challenges frustrate you?
How have you conquered impediments at work?
Do you ask for help easily?
Do you communicate well with others?

Laid back yet eyes on the prize when something needs to be done. Great atmosphere to be a part of.

Omaha, NE | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The atmosphere, the managers, the flexibility with school and life events. The ability to take control of how much work you want by asking for more.

The gym could have more equipment.

Great company to work for, it pays well, there's plenty of things to learn, they're very flexible with school and the rotation's to new teams keeps things fresh.

Advice to Management

The biggest thing we could do is have some more gym equipment, the kind of equipment that our downtown location has.

AMAZING IT INTERNSHIP IN OMAHA, NE

Omaha, NE | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact you get to work directly with full-time employees.

You do a lot of sitting, not very active.

Just make sure they aren't doing budget cuts.

Quick effective learning in order to produce results

Worked with great people
Given real time work
Treated as an employee, not as an intern

Sometimes there was not enough work on a day to day basis

The company is working through a changing industry but is doing so effectively.

Name your favorite conagra product

Tell us about a time you were faced with a tough decision

Career Prep

Omaha, NE | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being treated like a full-time employee, rather than doing the duties of a stereotypical intern. Exposure to a lot of hands-on experience with the company.

There was nothing I did not like.

The scheduling is very flexible. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.