Intern at ConAgra Foods Internship Program? Submit a Review

Engineer figures out problems and learns about company

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

ConAgra has a strong and well-organized internship program. Many people went out of their way to ensure that my internship experience was positive.

At times there was little guidance and many workers were too busy to devote time and attention to the interns.

ConAgra is a wonderful company with a wide range of opportunities and room for growth.

Great Responsible Comes Great Success

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

They gave me a ton of responsibility and I was able to drive results

Since I was given a big task I did not get much exposure to other areas.

I would definitely take an internship with ConAgra Foods especially in Waterloo, IA.

Learned the basics of research and development and learned how to stay on track with a project timeline.

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking events, the facilities, and how willing everyone is to help.

I enjoyed my project but it was a little too technical for me.

Be curious and ask questions, everyone is willing to help.

An intern is an integral part of ConAgra Foods

Involvement in desk

Felt like we were full time employees

Great activities

How we did not get to see all the interns - felt rather isolated from the whole group.

Be friendly - be yourself and everyone will do the same back to you

Great summer internship for career and personal growth

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There were many people interested in helping and aiding you with your work and with any other questions regarding life, work, and school.

I don't think the internship had cons.

ConAgra helps you move out to Omaha and set up and paid for the housing- which is helpful in a short term internship. I felt very welcomed right away and was able to meet other interns. The business peer mentor program was very helpful for me.

Advice to Management

I think that the internship program is very developed. If the mid summer and end of summer reviews with managers could be pushed more, it would be helpful. Hours and compensation were good, although I felt like I had more work that 40 hours could accomplish during some weeks and was not allowed to work for overtime pay. I also felt like some other departments had interns that did not do much work but were able to get overtime and benefits from traveling to other locations.

Take Ownership in a Top Ranking Company

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

1. Insights from high ranking employees.

2. Travel and tours of multiple locations.

3. Working with multiple divisions of the company.

4. Meeting people across levels and disciplines.

5. Real world experience.

1. The internship could have been longer.

This is a great company who hires from within. If you would like to get your foot in the door, this is the way to do it. They will treat you like royalty, give you good advice, and allow you to gain valuable experience in the field. I'm really happy I chose to do my internship with ConAgra Foods this summer.

1. If you witnessed someone not locking out a piece of equipment what would you do?

2. Why do you want to work for us?

ConAgra treats their interns so well that full time employees are jealous of their planned activities

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved all the planned events they put on for us. They also provided free housing and a very competitive hourly rate.

Some of the things got a little repetitive, but that's how I imagine most jobs to be.

Get involved in as much as you can. I loved the employee wellness classes.

ConAgra Excels with Internship Program

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The great support structure provided by ConAgra.

Sometimes it felt difficult to investigate other areas of the company.

Go in expecting to work very hard. The internship at ConAgra is not a "go and fetch me coffee" type of intership. You work hard on projects that have meaningful impact.

Where do you see yourself going in 5 years? What do you hope to get out of this internship?

Advice to Management

I was uncertain of how breaks were to work at the beginning of the internship, that needed some calrification

Experience provided me with versatile skills to apply in future employment.

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect was that I got to go to a different lab each week.. I learned something new everyday and I learned all parts of the company throughout my internship.

The day did not always follow my agenda/schedule, but I am flexible and adapted quickly to any changes made.

Be personable, have good listening and communication skills, have a passion for food science, take good notes, be a hard worker, make an impressive first impression, stand out from the rest of the candidates, and show enthusiasm and interest in the position.

Every day is different at ConAgra

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, working on real projects, and learning more about the industry.

I can't think of anything.

Definitely consider working at ConAgra.