4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 192 Intern Reviews)

Great Responsible Comes Great Success
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

They gave me a ton of responsibility and I was able to drive results

Since I was given a big task I did not get much exposure to other areas.

I would definitely take an internship with ConAgra Foods especially in Waterloo, IA.

An intern is an integral part of ConAgra Foods

Involvement in desk

Felt like we were full time employees

Great activities

How we did not get to see all the interns - felt rather isolated from the whole group.

Be friendly - be yourself and everyone will do the same back to you

Learned the basics of research and development and learned how to stay on track with a project timeline.
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking events, the facilities, and how willing everyone is to help.

I enjoyed my project but it was a little too technical for me.

Be curious and ask questions, everyone is willing to help.

Engineer figures out problems and learns about company
Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

ConAgra has a strong and well-organized internship program. Many people went out of their way to ensure that my internship experience was positive.

At times there was little guidance and many workers were too busy to devote time and attention to the interns.

ConAgra is a wonderful company with a wide range of opportunities and room for growth.

Experience provided me with versatile skills to apply in future employment.
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect was that I got to go to a different lab each week.. I learned something new everyday and I learned all parts of the company throughout my internship.

The day did not always follow my agenda/schedule, but I am flexible and adapted quickly to any changes made.

Be personable, have good listening and communication skills, have a passion for food science, take good notes, be a hard worker, make an impressive first impression, stand out from the rest of the candidates, and show enthusiasm and interest in the position.

The new social science: Food and fun.
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

ConAgra really pushed for the interns to get to know each other. I appreciated this because living in Omaha for the summer would have been lonely if we did not all become friends.

The summer hours left a lot of us exhausted monday-thursday since we had to work longer.

Absolutely take the internship. Become as close as you can to your manager because they are your main support. Also, try to meet different cross-functional employees.

"Popcorn is not popping in the microwave, what is the problem?"

College Senior Adds Value to a Fortune 500 Company
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, manager mentorship, value-added projects, development opportunities, excellent community, and great exposure to leadership

Length was a bit short, internship was competitive for a job after graduation

Be open to growing. You will grow a ton throughout your experience, but you have to let yourself grow in order to take anything away from the internship.

Advice to Management

Encourage collaboration and fun - it got competitive at times and seemed cut-throat for full time employment at times

Great summer internship for career and personal growth
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There were many people interested in helping and aiding you with your work and with any other questions regarding life, work, and school.

I don't think the internship had cons.

ConAgra helps you move out to Omaha and set up and paid for the housing- which is helpful in a short term internship. I felt very welcomed right away and was able to meet other interns. The business peer mentor program was very helpful for me.

Advice to Management

I think that the internship program is very developed. If the mid summer and end of summer reviews with managers could be pushed more, it would be helpful. Hours and compensation were good, although I felt like I had more work that 40 hours could accomplish during some weeks and was not allowed to work for overtime pay. I also felt like some other departments had interns that did not do much work but were able to get overtime and benefits from traveling to other locations.

A great opportunity to expand your knowledge as well as networking with other professionals in your industry.
Kennewick, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working along side other professionals while gaining knowledge from them. Applying principles learned from the university to real world applications.

The commute in the morning has been my least favorite part about the internship.

Before the internship make create communication about what will be covered throughout the summer. Ask questions if you are unsure. Be proactive while doing your internship.

Awesome company + awesome people = Extraordinary food. It's the perfect recipe for an awesome internship.
Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was great to get to know people and the company as a while. They provided lessons from all of the top executives in the company for interns to hear their story. Getting to taste all of the new products was a pretty great perk too.

Involvement with other interns in the Omaha area would be cool.

It is by far one of the most rewarding experiences, especially working at a large food company. Making the food people love and grew up on is very rewarding.