Comcast Center Internship Program; Finance Internship Program; nTech Internship Program

Unparalleled opportunity to learn, network, and develop career skills
Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking opportunities, training & learning opportunites, doing real work (not "intern jobs"), full time job opportunities post internship.

There really were no major negatives.

Take it seriously, it is a great opportunity so don't waste it.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to interns as they are the future of the company.

Challenging, Fun, and Comprehensive Opportunity With An Excellent Entertainment Company
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

This internship allowed me to get a full on experience in a new industry in just two months. The exposure to multiple departments and company leaders was a valued and uncommon trait in most internships.

The assigned work often came in bursts at a time, leaving occasional free time and underutilization.

Understand that Comcast/NBCUniversal is a highly diversified and multifaceted business. Assignments could be anything and anywhere. Keep an open mind and take initiative to understand which parts of the business you would like to experience most.

Advice to Management

Formal mentorships could certainly be stronger not only with recent hires but with higher level management as well. I have found that each of my managers would love to be a "mentor" to someone but there is no formal way of approaching this.

I couldn't have asked for a better experience having worked in a department that truly interested me and made me feel like a valued employee

-compensation

-feeling of doing valuable work

-being considered a respected employee

-having access to executive employees who were ALWAYS willing to help and meet with me

-Analyses tended to be boring after a while

-Would have liked to have been given the opportunity to be a little more creative with the projects I was working on

I would 100% recommend doing this internship if given the opportunity. The people I met were wonderful and helpful and I cannot say enough positive things about my experience. I had two great managers and for the most part really enjoyed the work that I was doing. The program is extremely well developed and set-up and it is clear that Comcast places tremendous value on developing young talent.

Advice to Management

-Wonderfully set up program, I don't have anything to say as far as criticisms

Incredible. Very organized internship with high value on interns. Great exposure to upper-management, networking, and corporate culture.
Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great co-workers, structure and organization of internship, interesting daily work, real taste of corporate culture, willingness of managers to work with interns, number of networking opportunities, activities and events, number of mentors provided to interns, quality of interns recruited, summer long case study.

Nothing was poor enough to affect my positive opinion of internship.

It is my opinion that the Philly office is the best location to intern. It is Comcast's corporate headquarters and you will likely have more exposure.

Advice to Management

I have noticed a very positive employee satisfaction in my department.

Intern was only a title. I was challenged to learn and accept real employee responsibilities in an encouraging work environment.
Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Accessibility to senior employees at Comcast/NBCU

-Open and encouraging work environment

-Work/life balance

-Working at an established and innovative company

-Having significant responsibilities as an intern

-Comcast/NBCU puts incredible emphasis on my generation's opinions because the company is always looking for ways to be more innovative with their product offerings.

I wish there was a higher guarantee for full-time employment before entering my senior year of college.

Comcast/NBCU worships the "millennial generation." The company strives to be competitive and innovative in the media, technology, and entertainment industries, and they actively seek advice from the younger generation on possible advancements for the company. I was a respected employee during my summer internship. The other employees challenged me with increased responsibilities, and I honestly felt that my work made an impact. I was never a "coffee intern" and I was never assigned busy work.

Advice to Management

I encourage a higher guarantee for full-time employment in order to be competitive with other companies' internship programs that do offer full-time positions upon entering senior year of college.

A Valuable Summer with a Media Giant
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Gaining exposure to the industry

- Using actual financial models to make business decisions

- The close work environment and friendly team

- Understanding managers

- Low percentage of interns admitted into the full-time program

- Learn as much as you can about the business

- Speak up in meetings

- Try and talk to everyone you meet

Advice to Management

- Understand the type of program your intern is in, and what their expectations are

Comcast Invests in the Generation of Tomorrow
Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands-on experience, being a valued member on my team, getting to know more about the company

I did not like the lack of teambuilding among the other interns

Comcast is a great company if you always want to be on your toes.

Advice to Management

I think allowing interns to continue onto full-time if wanted would be nice since we have already had 2 months of on-the-job experience.

Impact: How Your Work Affects Others and How Others at Work Affect You
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The program directors really took my input into account when placing me in a location and department for the summer. I felt like I had choices, which is rare for a student intern. In addition, my manager took the time to get to know me as an individual and gave me real assignments that allowed me to have an impact on the business.

As the only intern from my program in my city, there were not intern events that I could go to on a regular basis. While I still formed relationships with other interns in my program, it involved making considerable effort, as we were not in the same location. However, had I chosen to be in a more typical intern location, this would not have been the case.

This internship was a fantastic experience for me. If you get an opportunity to work for Comcast / NBCUniversal for the summer, seriously consider it! Don't be afraid of asking for what you want in terms of location or type of work. The program directors want the experience to be a success for you and will do their best to fit the program to your needs. Their willingness to negotiate with me and change my summer location was the reason I decided to do the internship in the first place, and I am so glad I did!

Advice to Management

For those interns who are alone or one of the few in a certain location, I would consider having more integration with other intern programs. I was able to meet and make friends with other interns at work, but this was through my own efforts and took some time. It could be helpful to get contact information for all interns in a given department, office, or location so that those connections could be formed sooner.

Exciting People & Exciting Locations, sometimes a little boring
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team members and the networking opportunities were great. Everyone I met in the company was really nice and helpful. In addition this wasn't the get me some coffee type of internship. The work you do does help the team you are assigned.

I personally did not like the fact that I was placed in the real estate department. The people were wonderful and I learned a lot but real estate isn't really my passion and because of this work could be a little slow sometimes.

Comcast\NBC is a great company and they really are invested in you. They make sure you get to talk to all sorts of people and that even if you don't get the rotational program, you are looked after. Everything runs smoothly and I couldn't think of a better way to experience NY with flexible hours and decent pay.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that you look a little closer at the departements to which you assign interns. Some departments seemed to really give their interns a lot of work and kept them busy constantly while others weren't as intense. For example in my department my manager was in the london office so I only saw them once leaving often with little to do. Luckily the NY team was very helpful and I still kept busy but I know that this could potentially be an issue for certain departments

experience exposure
Miami, FL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyday was a learning experience and each project you work on helps build balue to yourself and skills.

There were some days where I had nothing to do nd I wish I could have used that time to help others out with their projects

The company culture is great for a working experience. There are so many opportunities to grow and upper level management is very accessible and helpful.