Intern at Comcast Center Internship Program; Finance Internship Program; nTech Internship Program? Submit a Review

My internship was excellent, enriching, and exciting!

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved my work environment and my coworkers. Everyone was very supportive and did not hesitate to entrust me with important tasks. I felt like a valued member of the team.

The location selections were slightly limited.

Comcast is a great, family-oriented company to be a part of. When you go to work everyday, it doesn't feel like a regular 9-5 job; it feels like you are going to work with your family and leaving an impact behind.

A great job, working in a friendly community, well-paying, good networking opportunities, opportunity to grow and move up within the company

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I worked with a great group of people that truly made me feel welcome and were willing to help me learn. I was introduced to a lot of new information, programs, and experiences that I think will continue to benefit me in the future.

The initial transition to working 40 hours a week at a desk job was a little rough, but once I was adjusted to the office environment I truly enjoyed my job.

This is a great experience, the people are very friendly, just come willing to learn and listen and get involved.

Building Dreams

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The tremendous amount of responsibility I was given; the support I received from my manager

I have no criticisms of the internship; it was great

This is a fantastic company that is committed to providing employees with tremendous opportunities straight out of undergrad

Miami, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Location, coworkers, orientation, trainings, perks

Only intern in Miami

Comcast/NBCU invests in the development of the interns and new hires. If you work hard and network, you can start an amazing career in an exciting industry.

Prepared me for the real world of Corporate America

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- The diverse projects received (foreign exchange, financial modeling, etc.) that helped expand my business knowledge

- Company culture and willingness to help and grow

- Many opportunities to succeed and add value to the company

I am grateful for everything I have learned in the Procurement department, however I just did not feel a connection with the procurement field and felt as if I could have added more value elsewhere within the company.

I would say to just keep an open mind no matter what department you are placed. You never know what new things you could learn - both finance and non-finance related - that will benefit you in the business world. Make sure to take advantage of each opportunity to given, whether it be attending networking/career development events or going above and beyond on an assignment.

Diverse Technology Audit Experience

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being a part of such a large corporation and specifically large group being internal audit it afforded me the opportunity to travel across the US with the team and get insight into many different areas of the business. I was able to see both Comcast & NCBUniversal.

Sometimes, as at most major corporations, things can get very political. It is even more so prevalent in the audit department where most people you meet have a negative view of being audited. Not a terrible thing to overcome but the thing that stands out most as a con to me.

It's truly a great place to work that values employees not only for their work product and quality but also new fresh ideas. They're at the forefront of the telecommunications space and will only continue to grow in the future. Highly recommend.

They provided a use case and I was asked to discuss how I would analyze the problem and provide recommendations. It's been a bit to long for me to remember the exact use case though.

Advice to Management

They take great care of their employees and interns, offering training's, lectures from C-Level executives, promotions and give a ways already so I have no current suggestions.

Huge developmental opportunity with the best in the industry

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great company culture, great location, very interesting industry

Auditing and reconciling bank statements

Comcast is invested in you and works hard to develop you as a finance professional

Tell me about a time you didn't see eye to eye with a teammate

Advice to Management

Have the technological kinks worked out before intern arrival.

Research Problems in Big Data related to Media Products (Ranking, Recommendations, Prediction, etc.)

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Location, Pay, Team, and Intern Buddy. First two really took the cake. Oh, and paid trip to Philadelphia to go to the Intern Orientation. That was really nice of them =)

I had to share a cubicle and the computer they gave me was from the stone age (aka mid-2000s). Ain't nobody got time fo that!

Do you like working for an awesome employer? Are you interested in joining an organization with the potential to grow even further? Then, this might be the place for you.

Questions related to statistics, model design, machine learning, and related "how you think" questions.

Advice to Management

More money is always good, but specifically in DC since the cost of living is so high. Finding somewhere to live in DC was HUGE pain so please help interns next time. Hours were fine. Diversity was actually surprisingly great. Good job, Comcast! Training could have been a little better on the technical side of things (getting familiarized with the systems and such). Also, please never make me share a cubicle again and update your laptops, working with this dinosaur has caused me so much frustration.

A great opportunity and the chance to learn what it's like working at a big company.

West Chester, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had a lot of say in what I was working on.

Some of my coworkers were very frusturating to work with.

Try to get the most out of your internship and network.

The Future of Awesome

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

With thousands of people working in the building, there are endless networking opportunities and people available to mentor you. Comcast also has great workshops for its interns, one of which this year featured our CEO.

People aren't always placed in departments that can effectively incorporate an intern.

Departments that are more project oriented can better incorporate an intern into their department. Departments that are more complicated might have a difficult time trying explain their process to an intern and find something that they can work on.

Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume. Tell me what you know about Comcast. Name a strength and weakness.

Advice to Management

It would be great to see a higher intern turnover rate into full time positions.