Comcast Center Internship Program; Finance Internship Program; nTech Internship Program

A great job, working in a friendly community, well-paying, good networking opportunities, opportunity to grow and move up within the company
Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I worked with a great group of people that truly made me feel welcome and were willing to help me learn. I was introduced to a lot of new information, programs, and experiences that I think will continue to benefit me in the future.

The initial transition to working 40 hours a week at a desk job was a little rough, but once I was adjusted to the office environment I truly enjoyed my job.

This is a great experience, the people are very friendly, just come willing to learn and listen and get involved.

My internship was excellent, enriching, and exciting!
Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved my work environment and my coworkers. Everyone was very supportive and did not hesitate to entrust me with important tasks. I felt like a valued member of the team.

The location selections were slightly limited.

Comcast is a great, family-oriented company to be a part of. When you go to work everyday, it doesn't feel like a regular 9-5 job; it feels like you are going to work with your family and leaving an impact behind.

Building Dreams
Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The tremendous amount of responsibility I was given; the support I received from my manager

I have no criticisms of the internship; it was great

This is a fantastic company that is committed to providing employees with tremendous opportunities straight out of undergrad

Huge developmental opportunity with the best in the industry
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great company culture, great location, very interesting industry

Auditing and reconciling bank statements

Comcast is invested in you and works hard to develop you as a finance professional

Tell me about a time you didn't see eye to eye with a teammate

Advice to Management

Have the technological kinks worked out before intern arrival.

Miami, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Location, coworkers, orientation, trainings, perks

Only intern in Miami

Comcast/NBCU invests in the development of the interns and new hires. If you work hard and network, you can start an amazing career in an exciting industry.

Diverse Technology Audit Experience
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being a part of such a large corporation and specifically large group being internal audit it afforded me the opportunity to travel across the US with the team and get insight into many different areas of the business. I was able to see both Comcast & NCBUniversal.

Sometimes, as at most major corporations, things can get very political. It is even more so prevalent in the audit department where most people you meet have a negative view of being audited. Not a terrible thing to overcome but the thing that stands out most as a con to me.

It's truly a great place to work that values employees not only for their work product and quality but also new fresh ideas. They're at the forefront of the telecommunications space and will only continue to grow in the future. Highly recommend.

They provided a use case and I was asked to discuss how I would analyze the problem and provide recommendations. It's been a bit to long for me to remember the exact use case though.

Advice to Management

They take great care of their employees and interns, offering training's, lectures from C-Level executives, promotions and give a ways already so I have no current suggestions.

Research Problems in Big Data related to Media Products (Ranking, Recommendations, Prediction, etc.)
Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Location, Pay, Team, and Intern Buddy. First two really took the cake. Oh, and paid trip to Philadelphia to go to the Intern Orientation. That was really nice of them =)

I had to share a cubicle and the computer they gave me was from the stone age (aka mid-2000s). Ain't nobody got time fo that!

Do you like working for an awesome employer? Are you interested in joining an organization with the potential to grow even further? Then, this might be the place for you.

Questions related to statistics, model design, machine learning, and related "how you think" questions.

Advice to Management

More money is always good, but specifically in DC since the cost of living is so high. Finding somewhere to live in DC was HUGE pain so please help interns next time. Hours were fine. Diversity was actually surprisingly great. Good job, Comcast! Training could have been a little better on the technical side of things (getting familiarized with the systems and such). Also, please never make me share a cubicle again and update your laptops, working with this dinosaur has caused me so much frustration.

Prepared me for the real world of Corporate America
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- The diverse projects received (foreign exchange, financial modeling, etc.) that helped expand my business knowledge

- Company culture and willingness to help and grow

- Many opportunities to succeed and add value to the company

I am grateful for everything I have learned in the Procurement department, however I just did not feel a connection with the procurement field and felt as if I could have added more value elsewhere within the company.

I would say to just keep an open mind no matter what department you are placed. You never know what new things you could learn - both finance and non-finance related - that will benefit you in the business world. Make sure to take advantage of each opportunity to given, whether it be attending networking/career development events or going above and beyond on an assignment.

New, fresh topics you'll never experience in a classroom
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Throughout the whole co-op experience I was continually learning new things about tax laws and Comcast processes. The work I did was always different which kept things new and interesting.

I felt like parts of my responsibilities could have been much simpler if things were a bit more organized.

Everyone I worked with was very helpful and kind. My coworkers were willing to take the time to explain something to me if I was having trouble understanding.

What do you want to get out of this experience?

What are you looking for in a co-op?

Advice to Management

I felt like there was a lack of communication sometimes and things could get done faster if this was improved.

Rising senior gains valuable corporate finance experience, lifelong connections, and a new fascination for the media/telecom industry
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interaction with colleagues, my CORE buddy was awesome, I was given real work to do and gained tangible budget/forecast modeling and excel skills from it

Not all the interns had finance-oriented work like I did, so I wish that they had that experience. The actual team case was a thorn in my side, though a wonderful team experience.

If you want corporate finance experience and are interested in the telecommunications/media industry at all, Comcast is a wonderful place to intern at. Just make sure you request specifically to get corporate finance experience, because potentially you may be placed in a more accounting/audit function or otherwise that you may not enjoy.

Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond.

Advice to Management

Maybe this is due to the culture at my university - but I actually did not like that the program limits you to 40 hours. The culture of my office conflicted with the program boundaries. Not intensely, but I would have liked to immerse myself in the group that way - stay late when they do, come in when they do, etc.

Our program class also did not seem that diverse to me either on a number of different factors, but neither was my department exactly. Not a problem for me, just different coming from highly diverse university.

Other than a few nit picky things, the program was great. I do wish we had more actual Finance Interns training periodically like Excel or Essbase, etc. Much more useful than a resume or elevator pitch workshop for us. Maybe allow interns who interview the opportunity to know what role they are getting into.