Intern at Comcast Center Internship Program; Finance Internship Program; nTech Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Great company. Great people. Great experience.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Supervisor, mentoring, autonomy, project work, ability to network and learn from high level executives.

N/A I really enjoyed my internship!

I was very impressed with Comcast and NBC. The company was wonderful. It helps to be geographically mobile during the interview process.

Glimpse into a large and successful company.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people on my team helped make the internship experience great.

Much of the work was repetitive.

The employees I met truly represented the friendly environment of the company.

The most fun you'll have working full time

Corporate community
Educational Experience
Salary
Location
Training Program

I wish there had been more team building with the other interns

Absolutely apply for this internship if your looking to learn a great deal about the media and cable industry and more generally finance, without having to break your back working crazy hours. The greatest work experience I have ever had

Advice to Management

I was generally very happy with how the program was run. More help finding housing would have been nice.

Worthwhile real-world experience in Finance and Accounting with a Fortune 50 company
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Worthwhile and meaningful work experience, opportunity for full-time employment, and good pay.

Project with a group of interns with the only guidelines being anything to improve Comcast. Not too worthwhile.

Good pay, great company, and great culture. Provided with opportunities to learn and gain great work experience.

Advice to Management

Full-time offers should be based more off of individual performance over the internship and not interviews with individuals that you have known for a few minutes (coming from someone who did get an offer).

High-quality projects, exciting company, full-time job opportunity
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Access to and support of executive management
-Relevant and valuable work experience
-Exciting and diverse company
-Relaxed but professional work environment

-Group project
-No time off

Overall I had a great experience at Comcast/NBCUniversal. I was working on real projects, not just intern "tasks" that would not be beneficial in my future career. This internship program receives a lot of support when from top-level management, so you feel valued in the company when you are there. In addition, this is a feeder program to the full-time rotational program so there is a very real possibility of getting a job offer at the end of the summer.

Advice to Management

I think weekly updates from program managers would be helpful to remind interns of important upcoming dates or just to stay in touch. I thought the hours were very fair, but our hourly wage seemed lower than most other internships my peers did.

Corporate Finance and Accounting Internship
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

working with high level executives and attending team meetings on various projects

completely simple office activities

interest in corporate finance and accounting

Advice to Management

better matching of interest to position

Learning Corporate Finance while Exploring the Ever Changing Entertainment Industry
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given a lot of responsibility which gave me the opportunity to show all my skills. Also case study with other interns was a great project/opportunity which included two trips down to Comcast headquarters (one at beginning and one at end) where we got to present to a board of executives. Working at 30 Rock was pretty awesome.

There was some disconnect between being an intern in NYC with NBCUniversal and the people running the program out of the Comcast headquarters in Philly.

Make sure you are interested in both sides of the business, Comcast (service/equipment) and NBCUniversal (content)

Phenomenal Mentor, Boring Experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My individual manger was great--really took on a mentoring role, fully explaining all of my tasks so I knew why they were relevant to the business. After each project we discussed critical takeaways to ensure it was a solid learning experience.

The day-to-day responsibilities were boring. I also disliked the centralized program mangers--it was obvious to everyone in the program that Comcast hates NBCU, which was demotivating to all the NBC interns.

I didn't consider culture, but that was a HUGE mistake! My previous employer had a very social team, so I assumed all companies were like that. Not so at Comcast--people seemed extremely disinterested in their colleagues. I learned that I definitely want to work in a social environment, not a place where everyone keeps their heads down, does there work and gets out of the office by 6 PM.

Advice to Management

While my individual manager at NBC was fantastic, the program managers were not. They were demanding and out of touch with the program, particularly when it came to scheduling mandatory "social events."

Excellent opportunities

Learning experience
Networking opportunities
Professional Development
Working in Teams

Lack of Mentoring

The culture is great, people are very friendly and willing to help.

A great opportunity to gain work experience and develop corporate finance skills

- Training sessions
- Great office space
- Helpful coworkers
- Supportive superiors

- Many other interns were stuck in roles they did not enjoy
- Not much say in what your role will be
- Very limited full-time opportunities

Comcast is a great company with good people working for it. The internship will allow you to discover whether a role in corporate accounting or corporate finance is right for you. Do not expect that good performance during your internship will guarantee you a full-time offer.