Intern at Comcast/NBCUniversal Finance Internship Program? Submit a Review

Learning objectives met

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to learn finance from amazing finance professionals.

We did not have much contact with Philadelphia so it was hard to learn more about the Comcast side of the business.

I believe that you should take this opportunity to work hard, and to make sure you have a sufficient learning experience. A job is not guaranteed so you need to showcase your work ethic during the internship.

Finance and Innovation in an Ever-Changing Media Industry

Philadelphia, PA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt that my coworkers treated me as if I were a full-time employee. This trust helped me get accustomed to the work life at Comcast and definitely gave me a better understanding of what it would be like to be a full-time employee.

I think the most difficult part of the internship is just how big Comcast/NBCU is. It definitely takes some time to get used to how fast-paced the company is and how all of the different aspects of the company interact.

I would just say that your time at the internship is what you make of it. If you approach each project as a learning opportunity and a chance to network, you'll enjoy your time much more.

Leadership experience that feels like home

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The program gives you unprecedented access to leaders around the company, getting to learn their styles and how your own goals fit in with the company's

Honestly, I spent a lot of time in excel doing what felt like bookkeeping, but I was building my understanding of the company and processes so it wasn't all bad.

Comcast/NBCUni is going to look out for you at all points, and the company is built on people that want to help you succeed. It's not a culture of trying to beat your peers or survive, but they want to develop you into their future.

Advice to Management

Increased integration across the program would have been a plus, as we were so geographically separated that sometimes it didn't feel like a cohesive program. Maybe increased communication, or a few on site meetups for everyone associated with the program in that area.

There has been this recent news about our company, how do you think that affects our company going forward?
Where do you see the entertainment industry moving in the next 10 years?
What makes you the best candidate for this job?

Excellent learning experience with fun and energetic coworkers

Denver, CO | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to work on strategic projects
Contributing meaningful work to the team

At times I was tasked with tedious work.

Cable is a more interesting business than it initially sounds.
Comcast is extremely invested in developing young talent.

Advice to Management

More assistance finding short-term housing could be helpful.

All behavioral.
Tell me about a time when you exercised leadership.
What is your biggest weakness?
Etc.

Challenging intern experience allows intern to leave her mark in NBC

Miami, FL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best aspects of the internship was the intern project. This project allowed me to network through all different areas of the business and meet more professionals outside he Miami office. It challengers me and my group mates to think outside the box and to produce an after product that was very well received by business executives. I also really enjoyed the different people that I worked with and the overall mix of great personalities

Although I likes working in Miami, I felt as though I missed out on some other activities/opportunities at the corporate office that other interns were able to experience.

It is an awesome company to work for from what I have witnessed so far. Be willing to work hard and go he extra mile.

Who/What do you think is our biggest competition?
Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond your typical work duties/expectations.

Best Internship I ever had

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

They pay for two trips to Philadelphia where you got to meet other interns. The quality of work they gave interns was really good.

I would have liked more time to present our final project

Really great internship for finance experience

Endless opportunities at Comcast NBCUniversal

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fantastic people, great working environment, and a fun and balanced culture.

Some communication was poor, company does not have the greatest public appeal, and they could have done a better job of helping people find housing in the area.

Be ready to learn, and do not go into the internship thinking it's going to be a cutthroat competition. Really try and learn from people and if you aren't doing enough ask for more.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to push the interns. I think my manager did an excellent job out of that and I really got a lot out of the entire experience.

Gained experience to feel comfortable and prepared to start my career after graduation.

Philadelphia, PA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The willingness of executives to meet with me to discuss different career options. I really feel I developed professionally.

The intern capstone project.

If you are unsure what you want to do after graduation and are looking for a well respected rotational program, look no further.

Great exposure to an evolving and captivating industry through the financial perspective.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Autonomy, impact on the company, small team atmosphere, hours, culture.

My manager was very busy and I didn't feel like she truly mentored me or wanted to help me develop my skills.

More transparency on the actual wide-breadth possibilities of the internship through Comcast or NBUniversal.

Internship with Comcast/NBCUniverisal was both rewarding and challenging

Atlanta, GA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pros: Working with other interns on a group project remotely; Constantly receiving projects from my manager and taking over some of the daily routines of my teammates; Gaining exposure to working in Philadelphia even though I was stationed in Atlanta; Easy contact with senior level executives

Location of the Atlanta office; Lack of intern events in the Atlanta office (compared to all of the events in Philadelphia & NY); did not get to experience work from other areas of the finance department

Comcast/NBCUniversal's Finance Internship Program is a great opportunity for college juniors to really step out of their comfort zone and get working experience. The company as a whole is great and has a warm and welcoming culture, and the constant change in the telecommunications industry, especially cable, makes the work exciting and new.

Advice to Management

More training in other areas of the business

What are your thoughts on Comcast's place in the industry?
What stood out to you in the 2nd Quarter Earnings release?
Basic behavioral questions