Intern at Comcast/NBCUniversal Finance Internship Program? Submit a Review

Great Culture, Great People

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, and meeting people in different departments of the business. Working closely with important data and learning the drivers of business decisions.

I honestly had an amazing experience, I don't see any cons

Be a strong communicator, be analytical, and become embedded in the business. Emerge yourself in the culture and you will get out of it what you put in.

Real World Experience in an Exciting Industry

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture of the company

Not always having things to do

If entertainment and telecommunications is something that is exciting to you, do this internship. Comcast really sets you up for success.

Advice to Management

I would have rather worked salary than hourly. Then , instead of being pushed out at eight hours everyday, I could have stayed and experienced more.

Why Comcast?

Who are our competitors?

Do you have excel experience?

The ideal internship to jumpstart your finance career in the media and entertainment industry.

The compensation

The locations available to interns

The work given to us (never got coffee or made copies for managers)

The ability to interview for a full time offer before senior year starts

CORE buddy mentor

Only being able to meet up with the entire intern class at the beginning and end of the summer, as we are spread out all over the country

Work hard because what you put into the internship is what you will get out of the internship. The internship is an opportunity for the company to see you and for you to see what it's like to work at the company, so put your best foot forward. You can only have one first impression

What is your dream job?

Why Comcast? Why NBCUniversal?

What experiences have you had that will help you succeed within this role?

Great work and even better team

Philadelphia, PA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team I was surrounded by

Could have used more information about the last three days of the internship timing and activity wise

Be open minded, available always to do ANY work given, and make time to visit with your team on a daily basis

Well Structured Program

Denver, CO | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship was challenging and engaging

Comcast doesn't have the best public image. It tough when your office has only a few interns and the bigger offices have plenty

Would highly reccomend. The full time position afterwards is also great

Real work, great people, coolest company.

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work I was doing was REAL and impacted my team in many ways. I gained the trust of the people I was working with which allowed me to get involved in very interesting and difficult projects. This isn't just dumb intern work.

I did not like that the interns are very separated - I rarely if ever saw the other finance interns because we are all in separate departments. This allowed us to have individual experiences which is valuable, but we were not a super fun, social, close group.

If you think Comcast is just a cable company you are wrong. This company is so large and has so many opportunities, if you are looking for an amazingly successful place to work, look here.

Advice to Management

From what I have been told, there are concerns about compensation during and after the rotational program and the level of compensation not changing based on location and cost of living (example. someone in Philadelphia is paid the same amount as someone in New York, but the cost of living suggests the payment should be different). Hours are very reasonable.

Tell us about the industry and what we are facing right now.

What do you do in your free time?

Valuable Experience Working with a Team Who Truly Cares

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given actual responsibility and was able to contribute to my team in measurable ways, which made me feel appreciated. The people on my team were not only incredibly friendly and helpful, they cared about my personal development and went out of their way to teach me new things and show me how to do some of the things that they do.

It was a bit short at only 8 weeks, and the cost of living in New York was difficult to manage.

Everyone that I've met in this organization is an interesting, intelligent person, and if you value a strong, collaborative work culture, you should strongly consider Comcast/NBCUniversal.

Opportunity for personal and professional developmental growth.

Denver, CO | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities and the ability to explore various areas of the business through other peoples' experiences. Also was given a lot of responsibility and doing real work- not typical intern work, I actually made an impact on the team.

It is a rather short period of time to really get a full understanding of the team. A lot of things are better learned and understood over time, so it was hard to fully grasp certain things.

Be intellectually curious and set goals for yourself because you will be provided the resources to achieve them.

When Busy not bad but cool perks

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed being busy at times and learning more about the company and how aspects of the company work and operate

so much downtime so a lot of the time I have no work

be okay with downtime and figure out a way to make up for it. I taught myself prep for investment banking, read articles. listened to music and podcasts etc.

Advice to Management

Place the intern in groups with a lot of work and exposure to the industry. Make sure the placement is applicable and something that the intern can excel or develop in.

Explain the financial statements and how they flow together. Why do you want to work for Comcast NBC Universal. What are your strenghts

Intern effectively develops not only finance skills, but also leadership, networking abilities, and personal growth.

Stamford, CT | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The support network I had which included but was not limited to my CORE associate mentor and FMLP mentor to assist with our case study project. The structured orientation to prepare us for our 8 week internship as well as the development session at the conclusion of the internship was a very vital aspect of this experience.

I wish there were more formal opportunities to network and interact with the other interns in the program, although location hinders this, and we were able to take initiative ourselves to get together outside of work and share our individual work experiences with one another via email, etc.

Anyone who is interested in an exciting rotational program in finance or accounting should definitely consider this internship program as a first step in pursuing the CORE program. The CORE program is thought of very highly throughout the Comcast/NBCU company, and the development opportunities it provides participants with is unparalleled.