adidas America internship program

An experience that teaches you how to be part of a team, think big, and take your ideas and run with them.
Portland, OR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- the kind of company where young people's voices are heard and encouraged

- projects are somewhat open-ended, you can take an assignment and run with it if you have the initiative

- lots of opportunities to get to know the other interns, you never feel alone

- uncertainty for the first few weeks about whether I would be able to stay on full-time

- no help with housing

This is a great experience for someone who is willing to think outside of the box, speak up in meetings, have a strong point of view, and analyze/create something truly useful for the team. If do all of those things, I guarantee there will be a ton of people rooting for you to succeed within the company. If you are the kind of person who just takes and completes assignments, you won't succeed. You need to be willing to take it to the next level and think one step ahead.

- "Give us an example of a new account adidas NEO could partner with that would help grow our business and better reach our target consumer."

- "What do you want to get out of this internship?"

Advice to Management

The only piece of advice I would give is to have a few more LTD or entry-level openings available to high-performing, graduated interns.

Listen, observe and understand the business problem!
Portland, OR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the amount of responsibility I was given from Day 1. Compared to other companies with which I have interned, adidas values the talent their interns have to offer.

There isn't anything that comes to mind!

If you embody the brand values--authentic, innovative, inspirational, passionate, committed and honest--and love sports, this is a great organization with which to intern.

When have you had to turn a "no" into a "yes"? What was one of the biggest challenges you faced in the last year and how did you overcome it?

Amzing culture, with a excellant work enviroment, where you are able to be yourself and show your passion for sport.
Portland, OR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The group of people I work with. Along with the environment where I can show my passion for sport.

I believe the pay could be a little higher. I also believe my role could be a little more structured.

Know that this is the world's largest sport brand and it is very competitive to get one of these positions. Do not take the position lightly because you will learn a lot in this company.

Advice to Management

Have more structure in the internship role. Also with the amount of work we complete we should be paid a little more hourly. Overall very good incentives and awesome work related activities.

Learning Experience

the friendships/connections I made

no guidance in looking for a full time position

Network yourself to as many people as you can

Growth
Portland, OR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning the ways of a very large corporate business outside of the classroom, and seeing your marketing creations come to life.

My manager was gone 80% of the time.

you'll love it

"Why adidas?"

Everyday Authenticity is Inspiration

my manager

the people at adidas

the other interns- amazing people

my partner was very difficult to work with. we both had different priorities

if you "work hard, play hard" then this is the place for you

what's in your closet

would you move here if we didn't pay you

what are past marketing experiences that prepare you for this internship

what is your favorite adidas product

where do you see opportunity for adidas

Advice to Management

more structure when given tasks

more company structure- someone got drunk at lunch and didn't come back to work and everyone acted like it was normal..

"I swear, it's not always this much fun"
Portland, OR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I met and the real world experiences that I gained.

The lack of planning before my arrival. I'm in a team that doesn't really know what to do with my skills and it took nearly two weeks to receive my first project.

Apply because you want to work for adidas, not because you want an internship. adidas is held together by it's employees, if you don't support adidas then this isn't the place for you.

What is the one task that you can get lost in and not realize how long you've been working?

Why do you want to work for adidas?

How has adidas been a part of your life?

Advice to Management

Plan more. I'm currently sitting in my managers office because my team ran out of office space. It makes it very hard to work efficiently. Also, provide a more competitive wage. $14/hr is pretty hard to live off of while paying rent in Portland.

Intern's new research project gives new life to adidas :)
Portland, OR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed the group I worked with, and meeting the other interns. Forming those relationships will last a lifetime!

Finding housing was awful, as adidas gave no direction on where to look nor how to go about finding a place to live.

It's a fantastic place to learn and experience new things that will carry over into whatever you pursue into the future. I wouldn't change this opportunity for anything else.

Advice to Management

Interns get paid very little for the amount of work put in. The level of insight and quality of intern adidas obtains is well above the pay compensation. I very well could have gotten a job working at a fast food place for more pay per hour, which is a bit disappointing.

"This Summer I Learned I Need More Creativity in My Job"
Portland, OR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were by far what made this internship. My team was really open to answering questions and making sure I was understanding everything/developing skills along the way. We had a really fun group of interns as well which made it even better outside of work.

My day-to-day activities were pretty straight forward, so I wasnt as engaged with my work as I would have liked. I really enjoyed learning about the industry, but I think I would need a role with more creativity involved in the future.

You wont find a place with better people who make it a great place to work and a great time outside of work as well.

What skills do you have, relevant to this role, that set you apart from other candidates?

From your past experience, tell me of a time when you had to communicate a business problem/solution to a coworker/client?

How would you explain Finance to an 8 year old?

If you could play one song on repeat in the office, what would it be?

Advice to Management

Compensation could be higher given how expensive housing can be. It would also be nice to have housing organized for interns since many of us are coming from outside of Portland with little knowledge of the area, and likely dont have cars.

A tight group of interns in a large corporation. It made it feel much smaller, although it is easy to meet people all over the company
Portland, OR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work life balance, a ton of fun opportunities to watch/play sports and be involved

Personal advancement opportunities as well as the amount of down time. Lack of responsibility given to interns

It is a wonderful thing to do during the summer, beyond that is a up to each person individually

How do sports impact your life? Have you ever been put in a situation with someone that is hard to work with?

Advice to Management

Compensation is fine, but finding a job is a solely independent thing with little support