Garmin Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #5 Best Engineering Internships  /  #9 Best IT Internships  /  #24 Best Overall Internships

Fun Work in a Fun Environment

Teams are friendly, management keeps you in the know about the scope of what you do.

We didn't get cookies on the first day.

Be ready to jump into things that may be unfamiliar.

Spending a Summer Living and Working at Garmin

There are many good aspects to having an internship at Garmin, such as the work ethic, the high standards, the potential amount to learn and so much more. Working at Garmin is very cool because they treat their interns as adults and hold them to most of the same standards they would hold a normal employee, minus some of the experience. Everyone I have talked to at Garmin is very friendly and always tries to help me learn as much as I can. Also, working at Garmin is more of a life style. There are tons of clubs to join that will help you network and stay fit. A wide variety of people work at Garmin with a wide variety of taste, so it is interesting to meet all the different people and learn about them.

Honestly, this was my first internship, so I really have nothing to compare it to. I did not dislike anything that is not, from what I have heard, the normal office behavior standards.

Garmin employees like to have fun. If you are having fun you will be much more effective, so I suggest finding something that you like doing at Garmin and going after it. Being consistent with habits such as showing up on time if not early and being determined to do your best on all your work are always benefitial.

Date: 2013

Engaging, fast-paced internship gives real-world experience

One of the best things about this internship was knowing that my work will have a lasting impact on the development of the products. I felt as though the work I was given was something that any full-time engineer would be working on.

There were times when I was given tasks way above my head that ended up going to another full time associate.

Be flexible; as an intern, you might find yourself working on a lot of different projects throughout the summer.

Garmin Culture Results in Excellent and Invaluable Internship

1.) Never did "intern" work. Was always working on interesting and necessary tasks. 2.) Excellent team, bosses, and coworkers. People are often willing to drop whatever they are working on to lend aid. 3.) Great work enviroment.

I cannot think of anything negative to say about my experience as an intern.

Garmin provides a very accepting and friendly enviroment. Don't hesitate to ask questions, or seek out others for advice.

Date: 2013

Internship at Garmin provides fun and interesting work experience, excellent pay, and good benefits.

1) The tasks I worked on were either directly supporting or strongly related to the projects going on with my team. 2) The members of my team (and all Garmin associates I worked with) were always willing to help or point me in the right direction - even when they were busy themselves. 3) Housing was provided. Not being from the Kansas City area, this is very helpful for a short-term internship.

The MNU housing was "adequate". It would have been helpful to have a kitchen in our room to prepare food with and the maintenance staff were not very considerate of us when fixing problems.

Garmin treats and respects interns as if they are full-time employees. Other employees are very helpful and are glad to have interns around. The pay is good and management genuinely cares about the interns.

Advice to Management

Housing arrangements could be upgraded slightly. Having a kitchen would be very helpful. (However, MNU seems to be perfectly located and I don't see any other practical options to suggest.)

Awesome internship in Kansas City: Garmin

-learning about avionics software -the company culture -location

-making posters

Definitely apply

Advice to Management

None, everything was perfect

Date: 2013

Great Companies Make Great Products with Great Leadership from Top to Bottom; Just Ask Garmin!

Culture, leadership, products, and menorship

Testing and paper work

If your passion is engineering, and you enjoy doing it while also working with others, Garmin is for you.

Date: 2013

The English language does not contain any words that are able to accurately describe this amazing and fantastic internship.

Meeting all of the awesome people.

It has to end sometime

Not having a dress code is awesome.

Advice to Management

Team dodge ball tournaments

Work Hard, Play Harder

Housing is provided (and only 5mins away), the interns house together which makes outings and bonding easier, you're treated like a full-time employee with equal perks and flexibility, its paid.

The provided housing isn't the best quality (but it's free, so....)

Work your booty off in school! Garmin only takes the best. It is very much a "work hard, play hard" environment, and you need to reflect that.

Advice to Management

Create a consistent policy for overtime among interns.

Growing Together : An Intern and His Company

Real world experience Working on something that we actually be used in the future Great environment and people No dress code Plethora of activities to get involved in Good salary and free housing

I personally was outside of a lot of the typical processes that Garmin employees go through, so I missed that experience. This isn't typical for most interns, however.

It's a great place to work, and make sure you get involved and meet new people. Networking with full-time employees and interns is very easy and never hurt anyone.