Garmin Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #5 Best Engineering Internships  /  #9 Best IT Internships  /  #24 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

My summer at the most interesting company

The people, the products, and the projects

Some of the HR activities were not a good use of time.

You will not find a company with a more compelling list of products

Advice to Management

Limit the HR activities to allow for interns to get the most done.

Spending a Summer Living and Working at Garmin

There are many good aspects to having an internship at Garmin, such as the work ethic, the high standards, the potential amount to learn and so much more. Working at Garmin is very cool because they treat their interns as adults and hold them to most of the same standards they would hold a normal employee, minus some of the experience. Everyone I have talked to at Garmin is very friendly and always tries to help me learn as much as I can. Also, working at Garmin is more of a life style. There are tons of clubs to join that will help you network and stay fit. A wide variety of people work at Garmin with a wide variety of taste, so it is interesting to meet all the different people and learn about them.

Honestly, this was my first internship, so I really have nothing to compare it to. I did not dislike anything that is not, from what I have heard, the normal office behavior standards.

Garmin employees like to have fun. If you are having fun you will be much more effective, so I suggest finding something that you like doing at Garmin and going after it. Being consistent with habits such as showing up on time if not early and being determined to do your best on all your work are always benefitial.

Date: 2013

All around good internship, I learned a lot and had fun.

All around good internship, I learned a lot and had fun.

Some of the work was repetitive but that’s to be expected.

All around good company to work for.

Garmin Culture Results in Excellent and Invaluable Internship

1.) Never did "intern" work. Was always working on interesting and necessary tasks. 2.) Excellent team, bosses, and coworkers. People are often willing to drop whatever they are working on to lend aid. 3.) Great work enviroment.

I cannot think of anything negative to say about my experience as an intern.

Garmin provides a very accepting and friendly enviroment. Don't hesitate to ask questions, or seek out others for advice.

Date: 2013

The English language does not contain any words that are able to accurately describe this amazing and fantastic internship.

Meeting all of the awesome people.

It has to end sometime

Not having a dress code is awesome.

Advice to Management

Team dodge ball tournaments

Work Hard, Play Harder

Housing is provided (and only 5mins away), the interns house together which makes outings and bonding easier, you're treated like a full-time employee with equal perks and flexibility, its paid.

The provided housing isn't the best quality (but it's free, so....)

Work your booty off in school! Garmin only takes the best. It is very much a "work hard, play hard" environment, and you need to reflect that.

Advice to Management

Create a consistent policy for overtime among interns.

Date: 2013

Challenging, Learning, and Fun!

My team was awesome to work with. We had regular disc golf outings and donut meetings. I worked on challenging problems alongside full-time engineers. There were a ton of fun intern events all around Kansas City.

The free housing wasn't great. But it was free!

I would highly recommend it. There's a ton to do in KC (hackathons included!), and you'll learn a lot.

Advice to Management

Everything is pretty awesome. I'd just recommend they try to innovate and hire the tippy top tier of talent.

Date: 2013

Engaging, fast-paced internship gives real-world experience

One of the best things about this internship was knowing that my work will have a lasting impact on the development of the products. I felt as though the work I was given was something that any full-time engineer would be working on.

There were times when I was given tasks way above my head that ended up going to another full time associate.

Be flexible; as an intern, you might find yourself working on a lot of different projects throughout the summer.

Date: 2013

Local Garmin intern has a great time learning things he has never heard of before

The great people and work environment. A lot of effort was put into making the summer exciting for the intrens. Also, the pay was excellent.

Having to make a trifold presentation board.

Garmin is a great place to work; it is full of great people to work with. You have to be ready to jump into a huge amount of material that you have never seen before, but others will we willing to help you get started.

Advice to Management

none, I think management really pulled out all the stops on this internship.

My Garmin Experience

The social aspect of the internship was fantastic. I was able to meet and socialize with people of the same skill level, abilities and interests. The sporting opportunities were great. The sporting clubs and facilities were a nice addition to my internship. Also, the living conditions were terrific.

I can't think of any experiences that I would consider a con.

Be confident.

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)