Intern at Garmin International Internship Program? Submit a Review

Amazing Software Engineering opportunity.

Kansas City, KS | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on real projects that will eventually make it out to the world. Working with awesome team mates, who genuinely care about my contributions and ideas. Working for a company that really makes a difference in peoples' lives.

Only that it was an internship, and not my current job.

Give it your all, never hesitate to ask. People love to hear you ask questions.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Show that you value valuable work, and continue to be supportive and accepting to questions.

Learn How the Real World Works

Kansas City, KS | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed that I was able to do something useful to my team that was within my skill level while not being too easy.

I really didn't have any major problems. Some topics were less interesting than others, but that is part of life.

Go ahead and apply. It's worth it if you get the job.

Incredible Learning Opportunity

Kansas City, KS | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learn so much more than I do in class.

Commute to work was longer than I would have liked but nothing about the actual job.

Do it. It's an incredible experience and I gained priceless knowledge and skills

I was asked to determine the output of a section of C code. Know pointers.

Actual, meaningful, work

Kansas City, KS | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Actual development assignments, some of which were self-led instead of being closely guided, the work was very well compensated and laid back

I could have used more opportunities to leave my desk. The gym was pretty sparse.

Employees are very well compensated, the benefits are fantastic, the work is meaningful, and you are not expected to work overtime.

Design, Simulate, and Test: the complete design engineering experience

Kansas City, KS | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people and work environment, the project and work I got to do, the office space

I wish I could have stayed longer.

Garmin is a company that makes sure you get to do all aspects of hardward design. Don't come here expecting things to be easy; you will be asked to design and test your finished product.

Advice to Management

Offering better pay would help entice more people to stay, but otherwise I have no suggestions.

I was given a 10 question electrical concept test. I was asked about basic electronic devices and how they function.

Student Interns Half-way Across the Nation, Learns Lots, Loves Every Minute of It

Kansas City, KS | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Project Learning was an incredible opportunity to learn how things are done in the industry. Working alongside world class engineers on a real-life project was amazing.

Only the distance from home.

Garmin has an amazing culture. Very laid-back, encouraging creativity and quality work. Amazing benefits and flexible hours. Hard to find a place as great as Garmin.

Amazing time with Garmin

Kansas City, KS | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that everyone is very active and they allow you to work on real projects

No intensives for interns like other companies.

They are a great place to intern but the location is sort of crappy.

Intern Improves Software Architecture of Old Code Base to Include New Functionality

Kansas City, KS | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best aspects of this internship is the amount of training and help given. Another of the best aspects of this internship is the perks of the job. Garmin really cares about their interns so they organize events for them and go out of their way to make sure that every intern enjoys their experience interning at Garmin.

The thing that I like the least about this internship is the assumptions that some of the full-timers make. Although Garmin helps interns a lot and gives them lots of training. It can be very awkward when your mentor thinks you know more about a subject than you do.

The best thing that you can do is be teachable. If you come in and are ready to learn, they will help you out even if it takes you a while to get a concept. Another thing is, don't ever say you can't do something. Say that you will try to figure out how to do that, even though you don't know how to do that thing currently.

Advice to Management

I would suggest creating a mentoring program for interns who want to learn about a different side of a project or product than what they are working on during their internship.

One of the questions was to determine how long the equator is.

Another thing they did in my interview is provide me with some code and tell me to find the things wrong with it.

Amazing

Kansas City, KS | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Actual work, the community service events. working with so many other interns, real life practice

Still open ended about an offer or not

try it out, you learn so much it was a great experience, I learned so much and would not have changed anything

Amazing Summer Internship in every way

Kansas City, KS | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved the work environment. Everyone was kind and supportive. I made excellent connections with a broad array of people during my stay.

There is really nothing about the company that I didn't enjoy

Always ask questions! Don't be afraid of being the dumbest person in the room, chances are you already are. Those around you have years more experience than you.