Intern at Garmin's Internship Program? Submit a Review

Intern has an amazing summer working at Garmin, knocks it out of the park!

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

friends, work, team, atmosphere, compensation

Minimum length is 10 characters.

Garmin is an amazing place to work at, but try to avoid ending up on an aviation software team, unless you know that's what you really want.

Most fun I've ever had working

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The other employees and the environment were excellent

Kansas City isn't all that great of a location

Get involved with the other interns. The social environment at Garmin is amazing

Garmin Internship Provides Real-World Experience

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Accurate representation of what a full-time job is like, we get to work on real projects, we feel like we make a huge, positive, difference

Even in the suburbs, Kansas City traffic can be scary

Don't be intimidated by any step of the process, everyone is incredibly nice.

Hands on software engineering internship with real world work

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work being done will actually be used, you get placed on a team just like a regular full-time employee, and you function like a true full time employee for the duration of your internship.

The intern social group sent out too many emails.

If you have the skills to work effectively on a team in a real world environment and you like challenging work, I suggest this place of work.

Work on an important problem with awesome people.

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting and connecting with full time employees and other interns.

Tooling and environment problems.

You have to be interested in low level software engineering. Garmin is great for people who want to work with products you can see and touch. Garmin is not as good for people in web and mobile development (although some of that still exists).

What courses have been your favorite? Your least favorite?

What do you know about embedded systems?

Walk me through how we'd do a simple moving average.

Some basic C problems.

Great Experience working on Real World Problems

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to work on your project without someone breathing down your neck, giving one the opportunity to solve problems on their own.

There were not many complaints.

Garmin will give you a great experience working on projects that actually benefit the company. They also pay well and offer fully furnished apartments.

Gain real-world experience by contributing to the creation of amazing products.

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Because of the welcoming company culture, I was very at ease with my colleagues. It was easy to ask questions and get help and cooperate on tasks.

I have no complaints.

Do some research on what Garmin does. They are involved in many different market segments. During the interview, they will ask you which division you would like to work in.

Engineering excellence combined with the best BBQ and camaraderie the country can offer.

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved the friendliness seen all across the Garmin campus. My mentor, team, and fellow interns were very welcoming and friendly! I also thoroughly enjoyed the work I was doing. At the end of the internship I could play on the device I was working on and really see the changes I had made! It's something to be proud of, and it's fun always trying to excel in the work we do because it's all about making the best product we can for the users!

There wasn't much of anything that was bad, but I would have liked a bit more structured feedback about my work throughout the summer. After sharing this with them, I think they plan on implementing some feedback notes throughout the summer for future interns.

I would first tell them YES! If a candidate is considering Garmin, I would ask them about their interests and major because Garmin has internship programs across all forms of engineering. There are internship opportunities for computer software/hardware engineers, mechanical engineers, aerospace engineers, and more! Garmin also has products in the automotive, marine, fitness, outdoor, and aviation markets, so there is a place for everyone! Knowing their interests, I could help them in the right direction as far as which department they'd like to work in.

Learn And Do

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Garmin is extremely organized and my managers were extremely professional but also personable and enjoyable to be around at the same time. I looked forward to going to work every day and was excited to get to work on real-world projects. I also enjoyed working with other team members, I learned so much from them.

Everything about the internship was great.

Garmin has great people to work with.

Name a time when you had lots of work assigned with a short deadline.

What is a project that you worked on that you are proud of?

What do you hope to get out of an internship with us?

If we hired you, would you move on to a place like Google or Apple within the first 5 years of employment?

What is the difference between JSON and JSONP?

Explain what you know about HTTP requests.

Have you used version control?

Advice to Management

I was completely satisfied with everything about the company and internship program

Great learning experience

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and environment are a great to learn from, and everyone I worked with seemed to be passionate about their job.

There is nothing I had a problem with working there.

Garmin is a really great place to learn from.