Intern at Emma Bowen Foundation? Submit a Review

The Emma Bown Foundation is the absolute best internship program in the world!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship was paid while most communications/journalism internships are not AND they matched your salary with a scholarship.

There are no cons to report.

You should absolutely consider applying for an internship with the Emma Bowen Foundation.

N/A

Advice to Management

N/A

Learning comes from every perspective, from every person in the perfect internship

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I believe what makes an internship great is the people that work in the company. In my internship, I got to work with different kinds of people who taught me lessons I did not imagine I would learn this summer. Also, being a sophomore in college I learned so much about different companies and how the sales department in a media company works.

I received a lot of work at some point of my internship, but I would have liked to spend more time networking and talking to people in the business. During the internship, the company did have a program that brought the heads of the different businesses to talk to all the interns but a conversation with the interns would have also been interesting.

The intern that applies to this program will receive a chance that he or she never thought would arrive at such an early stage in his or her life. I am so grateful to be part of the Emma Bowen Foundation because they truly care about and believe in the students in the program. They not only provide us with the chance to intern in any of the greatest media companies, but the EBF leaders provide us with opportunities during the school year, with guidance from knowledgeable and trusting individuals and with a great conference to network among students and network with industry leaders and possible mentors.

-What are you interested in doing during college? What extracurricular activities will you still do?

-Do you have any long term plans? For college or further in your career?

Advice to Management

The Emma Bowen Foundation could maybe contact the companies it partners with and talk to them about a long term project for the EBF students who return every summer during college to better indulge in the learning the companies could provide.

The Emma Bowen Foundation,--an internship program that will dramatically change your life over the next four years.

Miami, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There is so much to say on what were the "best asepcts of my internship", but here are a few"

*Paid Internship

*Matching funds scholarship

*Free flight and hotel accommodations to New York City for a yearly summer conference (From second summer in the program to your last after graduating college)

*Ability to choose the department you want to intern with

*Ability to get first-hand experience in actual production work, etc. for National and International TV outlets, etc.

*Being chosen to partake in this program by some of the most caring and amazing individuals on this planet.

*Making life-long friends both at home and nation-wide with people who share similar interests.

*The feeling you get when someone recognizes the Emma Bowen Foundation and KNOW you are a big deal and what you represent.

*Additional scholarship opportunities sent via e-mail that are almost tailored to us

*AND SO MUCH MORE

What I least like about my internship is that it's only during the summer (WHICH FLIES BY PRETTY FAST). Besides that, there is NOTHING to dislike. That's impossible.

If you don't take the time to check out EmmaBowenFoundation.com and read what this program has to offer, then you just made the silliest mistake in your life. If anything, I'd say just apply and worry about what it is later. The Emma Bowen Foundation is like NOTHING ELSE (at least in this country) and will have a major impact on your life. You NEED to check it out if you are interested in Media/Television.

In short, you better be someone who is dedicated and interested in the TV/Media field. Anyone truly has the opporunity to get into EBF but as long as you show that you are willing to learn and expand on your interests. It may be a bit of a challange at first to get in, but once you are it's nothing but a wonderful rollercoaster.

Advice to Management

In regards to the Emma Bowen Foundation, please give us an additional day in New York City. That way, my friends and I, have even more time to enjoy ourselves in that wonderful city. That's all I ask for.

In regards to Telemundo, if you offer free Ice Cream on friday's then you are PERFECT. Telemundo is definitely a great place for young people like myself to start out and climb the corporate ladder.

An Amazing Experience!

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real life work experience that I gained. The Emma Bowen Foundation gave me a huge advantage over my peers. I was paired with a top media company at such a young age. I learned so much and I definitely value the experience.

I didn't like the departments that I got paired with. I want to be a journalist, but I never got the chance to work in the media department.

If you're pursuing a career in the media industry, then the Emma Bowen Foundation is for you! The amount of respect and trust that companies put in Emma Bowen interns is unbelievable. You learn so much from all of the intern rotations. Not to mention, the phenomenal annual conference hosted in New York. The Emma Bowen Foundation is simply an experience unlike any other.

Advice to Management

The foundation can try to put people in departments that pertain to their majors. Everything else is excellent!

More Diversity in Media is Finally here! Thanks to Emma Bowen Foundation.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with people who are willing to teach you, and feeding off of each other’s energy to get the Job done!

Nothing, it's the perfect because I'm getting paid to live my dream. It's a paid internship with a scholarship along with it.

Do your research, and always come prepared with questions.

Can you tell me a little about your high school? Try to sell it to me like I was an investor.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, because it's working.

The perfect opportunity to learn how to become the consummate media professional.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Best aspects: lots of experience on resume, job after graduation, networking

I wish it was even longer

If you like media and picture yourself working in it one day, this is the program for you.

1. If you ran a news station, what would you lead the show with?

2. What would you like to do when you graduate from school?

Advice to Management

I think everyone always would like more money, interns included. But raises are possible for high performance.

BEST PAID INTERNSHIP FOR COLLEGE MINORITIES WITH INTEREST IN COMMUNICATIONS!

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking and working with talent you see on television.

Selecting process is very long and nerve wrecking!

Always be professional, maintain a 3.0 GPA and keep in touch with your company and Emma Bowen staff during the school year.

Who was Emma Bowen?

What are some of your strengths? Weakness?

What are your favorite tv shows?

What was the most challenging experience you ever had?

Advice to Management

I'm not sure, maybe being placed with the right company. If not the right company, then a specific department that's close to your interests.

This internship Changed My Life for The Better

Flint, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to learn all aspects of the media business. Which open doors for me to start a career in entertainment.

I liked everything. I worked in every department. I was trained, mentored, I was able to get in the field and add to the team, i.e reporting the news, writing scripts, editing, apart of all major Productions

If you want to be the best, if you want to learn from the best this is the way to go. IT will enhance and change your life in all aspects.

Why do you think you can add value to the team? Why motivates you ? What are you afraid of? What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?

Advice to Management

Of course we would all like to be paid more, but the experience itself was so rich that pay wasnt a factor. Cant really say.

Learned how to ask hard hitting news questions

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The valuable life long experiences.

It was not longer than three months.

Always ask questions

INVALUABLE! Life changing and the best foundation anyone could dream of.

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

That is was so hands on and all of the executives were invested in my success.

I have no cons.

Treat the opportunity as an extended interview because people are paying attention to how you handle your internship and use that as evidence of how you will handle being an employee.