Intern at Emma Bowen Foundation? Submit a Review

Amazing internship opportunity with a company that keeps growing and improving their internship program as a whole.

Beverly Hills, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best parts were the one-on-one time with managers and the tasks that were given to me to complete. They treat all of the interns with respect and try to teach us as much as they can.I enjoy the lunch and learns with top executives where they give us more insight into the company.

The long drives, but I am okay with it.

This company wants to see you grow and will encourage you to do your best, they see the potential in each intern to possibly become a future employee.

Advice to Management

I think it's all great!

One of The Greatest Opportunities of My Life

Austin, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning from each person in each position in every department.

Nothing.

I wish I would have known how to edit a little bit better and a little more about sales. I feel like had I known a little more about these two topics I would have been able to get a head start in completing task for the station... instead of learning everything right then and there.

Advice to Management

I would say marking down when paid interns are supposed to work. Sometimes paid interns are asked to work over-time but are not compensated for their over-time work because an employer might have forgotten that that's not their regular hours. But of course as an intern... you are not there for the money so you do not mind helping out at all!

"Why do you feel you are qualified for this job?"

"What makes you different?"

"Why do you want this job?"

"What do you expect from us? What do you expect to learn?"

Comcast a fun learning experience with amazing events.

Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being in a new city, and learning about the different aspects about Comcast.

My internship was in Philadelphia but I live and go to school in Florida.

Emma Bowen is a foundation that makes you feel as if you are apart of family. Which is great because they will make sure that you are in an internship that you love and is beneficial to your future.

The Opportunity of a Lifetime

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to visit every department within CBS Films, meaning I got to meet everyone in my office and figure out how everyone's individual tasks produce a polished product.

The only thing I don't like is how much traffic I encounter while commuting. That's it.

Come in with an open mind! Don't limit yourself, especially in the entertainment industry, because you never know which specific part of the industry might interest you. I came in knowing I loved content and writing, but now I have a new passion for development. You never know.

Advice to Management

Honestly, my organization has done everything to make sure I'm comfortable in my workplace.

Why are you interested in this industry?
What do you think it takes for a movie to be made?
How do you feel your talents fit into creating a movie?

Opening doors for all

Silver Spring, MD | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

work culture, mentorship

Competitive application process

How much the Emma Bowen Foundation had to offer and the dedication they share for their students

The Emma Bowen Foundation has it all: paid work experience, career instruction, network opportunities, great values, and people who care

Seattle, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Having a reoccurring paid full-time internship, opportunities for scholarships (they're paying for my summer housing while I work), a paid trip to New York to network, learn and meet other interns. Everyone works in different media companies. It's the best program I could imagine having the opportunity to be in.

This isn't really against the internship program itself, but my least favorite thing is just the commute from my apartment to the station where I work. I'm in Seattle so it can take a long time to get there and come back home.

Be prepared to work hard and stay professional. It's a prestigious internship that is a lot of fun, but also requires a lot of work. Get comfortable meeting other people and learn the values of the foundation.

What work experience do you have? What are your skills and weaknesses? If you could meet one person alive or dead, who would it be? Those are the ones I remember from a couple years ago, but there were more.

Everyday's Something New

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I am given the opportunity to work alongside the creative process of pretty much every aspect of the business.

Sometimes I was given busy work that did not require much brain activity.

The amount of exposure and experience this company has given me in the past 4 years. I have worked in over 8 departments so I have learned so much about the business aspect of the entertainment industry.

Beyond the horizon

Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking

The internship time period was too brief

Start networking immediately

An eye opening life changing experience that I will never forget.

the hands on training

Unable to experience every department

Always be the first one in and last one out

Student receives life changing experience to report in news market 16

Miami, FL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity. This internship did not hold back with the opportunities and responsibility it gave me. I was treated as a professional and learned so much because of it.

I wish I had the opportunity to be there year-round. But that is self-inflicted because my internship offered me a year-round internship but my university is out of town.

I wish I had realized earlier that my employers here are willing to make the sky the limit if you're willing to work.

Advice to Management

I honestly have no complaints.

What can you contribute to the company?
How does your skillset make you a competitive applicant?