Intern at Emma Bowen Foundation? Submit a Review

Social Media is more than just posting and promoting. There is analytics, content creation, advertising and monetization involved. as well.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being challenged with tasks that help hone my professional skills as well as gain experience with new tools.

Having confusion about terminology that I don't understand.

An organization that fosters a passion for developing all interns to their full potential and grow as a business professional.

What are your skills passions and wants?

What were some challenges that you have faced and how have you overcome them?

Where was a time where you had to be a leader and how did that help you grow as a person?

If you were given 30 seconds to describe yourself in an elevator speech to a future employer what would you say?

Advice to Management

Training in Microsoft office powerpoint and excel.

Much learned in a summer to remember.

Orlando, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

How I had the opportunity to be a valuable asset to the network operations and that I was appreciated by my coworkers

There wasn't anything that I did not like. I love what I do!

That I am a very hard worker and I will always turn in things on time.

What are your strengths when it comes to television? What do you know at your age?

Advice to Management

I'm not really sure because I haven't experienced all of the departments at my job so I would not know what they specifically they have to improve on. My department that I was a part of taught me everything that I needed to know about the scheduling system.

The Emma Bowen Foundation: The Media Industry's Best Kept Secret

Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Interns are actually paid a competitive internship wage.

- Summer pay is matched with SCHOLARSHIP funding during each school year! This is a HUGE benefit that other internship foundations typically don't offer.

- All-expense paid trips to New York for the annual career development and networking conferences every summer.

- VERY attentive senior staff; The President and SVP still keep in regular contact with me (and other alumni) to this day!

- Vibrant body of students that keep in close contact and remain in your network for years to come; Some of my closest friends (and potential business partners) are fellow interns that matriculated through The Foundation with me.

There is virtually nothing bad about this program. If a student is interested in the media industry, this is the BEST decision he/she can make aside from choosing what college to attend.

The only "con" I would offer is that as an applicant you don't get to choose the company you're placed with, only the city. This is minor, however, because at that stage in your career you should be open to being exposed to different companies and functions within the industry anyway. Plus once you are placed, the senior staff can work with you to rotate you into a department that closely matches your major/career goals/etc.

- Take full advantage of the summer conferences in New York. This is where you network and hone your skills to take back with you to your internship and studies.

- Be responsive to the staff. They're there to help you. The more responsive/cooperative you are with them, the more they'll extend themselves to work things out for your specific situation.

Indispensable network opportunity and experience gained, and on top of that I get compensated! Couldn't ask for anything more...

Ft. Worth, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to do professional work alongside professionals in your field of study.

Many laws and egulaions don't allow interns to go out into the field as often. The company doesn't want to be liable.

This is a fast paced environment so if you're wanting to sit back and relax, this is not the place for you. People are super nice and ready to help, but as an intern you must want to learn and show initiative. There are plenty of people who want it to waste time on those who don't.

The Emma Bowen Foundation: The reason I have a successful career in TV news

Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Career and Professional Development, Mentorship Program: iMentor, Summer conference in New York, Paid, Stipend, Four summers, Rotational, Great Peers,

I can not think of anything that I did not like

The Emma Bowen Foundation is great internship program that will transform your career in the communications industry

An Awarding Experience Guaranteeing Four Years: Summer Internship and Exposure to Different Departments at a Well-Known Media Company

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company of my internship really fosters building relationships with other departments and make all the interns feel welcomed. They organized brown bag lunches with all the interns and other events with speakers from different departments.

I'm not sure if I like cubicle spaces.

If you want an organization that cares for you, then this place is for you.

What news do you keep up with?

What are you passionate about?

What after school activities do you do?

What are you plans at college?

Advice to Management

I don't like how the match funds work. The check is sent to the school, even if you buy books or pay for a loan.

It was great!

Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people, the experience

the hours were the thing that I liked least anout the internship

my internship and its supervisors are really good toward their interns

Life changing.

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to practice my passion with highly talented professionals every day.

Too short of an internship.

Emma Bowen treats you like a family member. They are invested in your career even after graduation.

What are your future goals in media? How are your time management skills, and please provide an example? Give an example of how you took initiative.

Advice to Management

More advice on basic information about office etiquette, like how to write a proper follow up email or more resume building.

Success happens when someone dedicates their full potential and energy to the experiences that come their way.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

100% matching funds of the summer earnings from the corporate sponsor can be used for school related expenses like rent, laptops, flights for school!

N/A. The Emma Bowen Foundation provides access to organizations with several departments. It would be even better if there was a motion picture sponsor for interns interested in working on film.

Have an open mind when considering opportunities as experiences and skill set are very crucial to success in any organization. An open mind along with a proactive attitude will help one stand out from the crowd of potential employees.

Tell me about your life experiences, goals, and interests.

Advice to Management

My company addresses concerns and issues immediately and being vocal has made my place of work ideal.

I shudder to think about my career trajectory had I not been a part of the Emma Bowen Foundation..

Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-immersion in a corporate environment

-workshops and personal development activities that helped polish and prepare us for careers after college

-hands-on experience in multiple departments was invaluable

-the attentiveness of the EBF staff, always available, always helpful, concerned with our well-being and best interests

-paid internships with matching funds from the Foundation helped my family and I immensely..the financial burden of attending a university such as Syracuse that charges well over $50k annually to attend was greatly eased by the generosity of the Foundation and its corporate partners. Thank You.

-the summer conference where we were able to listen to and speak with leaders in the industry to help us gain a better understanding of the careers we were seeking

No cons.. The Emma Bowen Foundation has been a blessing, and as I stated before, I shudder to think about my career trajectory had I not had the experience, training, development, and networking opportunities that EBF provided.

EMF is extremely competitive, and understandably so. Students who succeed in EBF are unafraid of challenges, studious, well-rounded and professional. Do all that you can to be accepted into the EBF family, because it is just that, a family. I completed my internship 7 years ago, and have maintained many friendships with other interns throughout the years.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Thank you for everything.