4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 261 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Success happens when someone dedicates their full potential and energy to the experiences that come their way.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

100% matching funds of the summer earnings from the corporate sponsor can be used for school related expenses like rent, laptops, flights for school!

N/A. The Emma Bowen Foundation provides access to organizations with several departments. It would be even better if there was a motion picture sponsor for interns interested in working on film.

Have an open mind when considering opportunities as experiences and skill set are very crucial to success in any organization. An open mind along with a proactive attitude will help one stand out from the crowd of potential employees.

Tell me about your life experiences, goals, and interests.

Advice to Management

My company addresses concerns and issues immediately and being vocal has made my place of work ideal.

Best Summer Ever
Winston Salem, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was being able to do my passion which is reporting news.

Their was not anything that I disliked about this internship.

Make sure that you are friendly at all times and you must be willing to put in long hours.

Do you have any questions for us?

Advice to Management

N/A

The Emma Bowen Foundation: The reason I have a successful career in TV news
Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Career and Professional Development, Mentorship Program: iMentor, Summer conference in New York, Paid, Stipend, Four summers, Rotational, Great Peers,

I can not think of anything that I did not like

The Emma Bowen Foundation is great internship program that will transform your career in the communications industry

An Awarding Experience Guaranteeing Four Years: Summer Internship and Exposure to Different Departments at a Well-Known Media Company
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company of my internship really fosters building relationships with other departments and make all the interns feel welcomed. They organized brown bag lunches with all the interns and other events with speakers from different departments.

I'm not sure if I like cubicle spaces.

If you want an organization that cares for you, then this place is for you.

What news do you keep up with?

What are you passionate about?

What after school activities do you do?

What are you plans at college?

Advice to Management

I don't like how the match funds work. The check is sent to the school, even if you buy books or pay for a loan.

I shudder to think about my career trajectory had I not been a part of the Emma Bowen Foundation..
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-immersion in a corporate environment

-workshops and personal development activities that helped polish and prepare us for careers after college

-hands-on experience in multiple departments was invaluable

-the attentiveness of the EBF staff, always available, always helpful, concerned with our well-being and best interests

-paid internships with matching funds from the Foundation helped my family and I immensely..the financial burden of attending a university such as Syracuse that charges well over $50k annually to attend was greatly eased by the generosity of the Foundation and its corporate partners. Thank You.

-the summer conference where we were able to listen to and speak with leaders in the industry to help us gain a better understanding of the careers we were seeking

No cons.. The Emma Bowen Foundation has been a blessing, and as I stated before, I shudder to think about my career trajectory had I not had the experience, training, development, and networking opportunities that EBF provided.

EMF is extremely competitive, and understandably so. Students who succeed in EBF are unafraid of challenges, studious, well-rounded and professional. Do all that you can to be accepted into the EBF family, because it is just that, a family. I completed my internship 7 years ago, and have maintained many friendships with other interns throughout the years.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Thank you for everything.

AMAZING. It was unique because you grow with the company through high school/college, so once you graduate you have 4 years in corporate
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paid internship with matching funds scholarship. Additionally the ability to meet other peers each summer at conference. I have relationships with my peers from the program to this day. I have gotten my jobs at CBS Radio NYC, MTV Networks and HBO from my relationships through the Emma Bowen Foundation. The internship directly effected my career trajectory.

I didnt find out sooner! I would've applied sooner than my senior year of high school! Some people got into the program as high school juniors.

It's changed my life! Every part of my career has been positively effected by the internship. I've worked at 3 of the top media companies since i graduated from the program.

I was recruited 10 years ago, but we were asked questions about our 10 year plan, our passions for media, our community involvement, grades, etc. We required 3 references, transcripts and several other materials. It's a very competitive internship.

Advice to Management

They have been active with alums as well. I still work with them on improving the internship to this day.

Life Changing Intership Molds Top Ten Market Reporter
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

networking, learning vital skills, lots of writing, good feedback on getting better

I liked every aspect.

This internship is more than an internship. It's an actual job that trains the future leaders of the media.

Opprotunity+Talent= Success
Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- The annual Emma Bowen conference in NY

- The matching-funds grant

- 4 year internship opprotunity

- There is a lack of in person contact with our directors.

Opprotunity+Preparation= Success

How have your past experiences, prepared you for the this internship that you are pursuing?

Advice to Management

As a diversity focused program, in our conferences I would like for the students see and hear a session about how diversity is implemented in the media industry.

Breaking News at NBC Bay Area
San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentorship experience, engaging in tasks I am passionate about, communicating with the public, giving back to the community through news coverage, attending meetings with newsroom employees, positive work environment, attractive facilities, various work experience opportunities, writing/publishing articles, exposure to the media industry, professional environment, scholarship opportunities (matching funds), research opportunities, learning how to break down news and assignments

Long Hours, lack of structure, busy work

Be assertive, remain engaged at all times, stay motivated to learning first hand what it's like to be an employee in the perspective industry.

1) What aspects of the media industry are you interested in exploring

2) What are your goals in the media industry?

3) Who are your favorite on air personalities?

4) What do you know a about our station?

5) How would this internship help you achieve your goals?

Advice to Management

More structure, hiring African-American/Black on air personalities, changing show times to increase viewers.

The best internship experience I could've hoped for
Jacksonville, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the hands on experience that set me ahead of other students in my same major, building relationships and finding mentors within a field you are already passionate about, and also building relationships with peers across the country who help share their interning experiences to help everyone grow and expand on their own.

There isn't really a lot of negative things I can say about the internship--really, the only thing was during those summer conferences with interns from across the country--some had access to better experiences and company "perks" (ie. attending olympics, visiting foreign countries). That did fuel a little jealousy, although that's hardly Emma Bowen's fault and I still am grateful for everything I learned.

Don't be afraid to be yourself and take initiative. Most everybody at my "sponsor company" was laid-back and very easy to talk to--this helped build those relationships that I know help me in the future. Also, make sure you're always doing something to better your knowledge--make sure not to sit at your computer and do nothing--find an employee and ask how you can help.

-What was your greatest accomplishment?

-What is your dream job?

The interview process with the company was very laid back, I met with each of the department heads separately and they often left questions up to me to ask them.

Advice to Management

My advice to management only really comes AFTER my internship was completed and I was currently an employee--through a few "regime" changes--there arose a lack of communication among managers that unfortunately left things to fall through the cracks for the employees. We need to go back to the time of strong communication and teamwork instead of a this department vs. this department, vs this department atmosphere.