Mentorship experience, engaging in tasks I am passionate about, communicating with the public, giving back to the community through news coverage, attending meetings with newsroom employees, positive work environment, attractive facilities, various work experience opportunities, writing/publishing articles, exposure to the media industry, professional environment, scholarship opportunities (matching funds), research opportunities, learning how to break down news and assignments
Long Hours, lack of structure, busy work
Advice to Potential Interns
Be assertive, remain engaged at all times, stay motivated to learning first hand what it's like to be an employee in the perspective industry.
Sample Interview Questions
1) What aspects of the media industry are you interested in exploring
2) What are your goals in the media industry?
3) Who are your favorite on air personalities?
4) What do you know a about our station?
5) How would this internship help you achieve your goals?
Advice to Management
More structure, hiring African-American/Black on air personalities, changing show times to increase viewers.