Intern at Emma Bowen Foundation? Submit a Review

Engaging, challenging, beneficial, full of opportunity

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The quality of the internship program - we had speakers from all departments speak to us each summer about their role in the company and the different aspects of their jobs.

The company culture - the welcoming feeling and overwhelming warmth from full time employees.

I generally didn't not like anything about the program.

The time commitment

A Life-Changing Experience For Young Professionals

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to rotate throughout different departments in the company, which allowed me to determine which jobs I was and was not interested in doing.

There isn't anything I can recall that I didn't like about my internship

The day to day logistics of the Emma Bowen Foundation is ran by 4-5 people. Yet, each person is committed to the long term success of their students. It's truly amazing.

Best Job Preparation from People Who Genuinely Care.

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paid internship with scholarship.

N/A I'm still amazed that I have this internship opportunity.

Do your research on the companies and foundation ahead of time.

The Opportunity of a Lifetime

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was great getting to experience a work environment for the first time. I just graduated from high school before I started my internship and I think this was a great opportunity for me to have before going into college.

I wish I would have had the chance to learn about other departments.

Be open to trying something new, and be eager to learn new things.

Advice to Management

I think that incoming freshman should rotate in different departments their first summer. Although some people may think that they know what they want to major in, after doing an internship in that field I think they may change their mind so I think it would be great to have a rotation throughout different departments the first summer so they have a chance to figure out what are their likes and dislikes while they still have time to figure out their major/ plans for the future.

Looking 120% More Impressive Than I Actually Am While Working Hard, Playing Hard

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The perks of working at such a fun and interesting company; getting an almost guaranteed four years of working experience; organizational structure that guides you straight to success

Very extensive application process; stuck in this internship for four years and don't get to try other jobs, have other experiences

Be ready to be in a workplace where everyone has more education, work experience, and life experience, because this program starts either senior year of high school or freshman year of college, so you're literally the bottom of the food chain. The need to prove your worth is immense.

What kinds of leadership experiences have you had, and what have you learned from them?

Why are you interested in this position?

If you were on a desert island, which three items would you bring?

How do you overcome obstacles in your work and life?

Advice to Management

The 1:1 scholarship match is great, but the end total puts you behind other interns working in the same position, so if these numbers could be adjusted, then this would greatly benefit students trying to get by with slightly-higher-than-minimum wage.

The Emma Bowen Foundation: The reason I have a successful career in TV news

Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Career and Professional Development, Mentorship Program: iMentor, Summer conference in New York, Paid, Stipend, Four summers, Rotational, Great Peers,

I can not think of anything that I did not like

The Emma Bowen Foundation is great internship program that will transform your career in the communications industry

An Awarding Experience Guaranteeing Four Years: Summer Internship and Exposure to Different Departments at a Well-Known Media Company

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company of my internship really fosters building relationships with other departments and make all the interns feel welcomed. They organized brown bag lunches with all the interns and other events with speakers from different departments.

I'm not sure if I like cubicle spaces.

If you want an organization that cares for you, then this place is for you.

What news do you keep up with?

What are you passionate about?

What after school activities do you do?

What are you plans at college?

Advice to Management

I don't like how the match funds work. The check is sent to the school, even if you buy books or pay for a loan.

You want to jump start your career do an internship!

Miami, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people & the work

I didn't like creating Power Point presentation on brands that I knew little about.

Univision is a media company that is filled with passion, skill, and culture.

Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs?

Why are you interested in our company?

What can you offer our company?

Advice to Management

They are already pretty great at making this an awesome place to work.

AMAZING. It was unique because you grow with the company through high school/college, so once you graduate you have 4 years in corporate

Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paid internship with matching funds scholarship. Additionally the ability to meet other peers each summer at conference. I have relationships with my peers from the program to this day. I have gotten my jobs at CBS Radio NYC, MTV Networks and HBO from my relationships through the Emma Bowen Foundation. The internship directly effected my career trajectory.

I didnt find out sooner! I would've applied sooner than my senior year of high school! Some people got into the program as high school juniors.

It's changed my life! Every part of my career has been positively effected by the internship. I've worked at 3 of the top media companies since i graduated from the program.

I was recruited 10 years ago, but we were asked questions about our 10 year plan, our passions for media, our community involvement, grades, etc. We required 3 references, transcripts and several other materials. It's a very competitive internship.

Advice to Management

They have been active with alums as well. I still work with them on improving the internship to this day.

Much learned in a summer to remember.

Orlando, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

How I had the opportunity to be a valuable asset to the network operations and that I was appreciated by my coworkers

There wasn't anything that I did not like. I love what I do!

That I am a very hard worker and I will always turn in things on time.

What are your strengths when it comes to television? What do you know at your age?

Advice to Management

I'm not really sure because I haven't experienced all of the departments at my job so I would not know what they specifically they have to improve on. My department that I was a part of taught me everything that I needed to know about the scheduling system.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)