Emma Bowen Foundation Internship

Settting a Foundation for the Future

The autonomy made it seem as if I was an actual full-time employee. Also the culture made a huge difference because I have experienced different types of environments.

There were not many other interns to connect with in the office.

If you live a lively, welcoming, personable environment, then this is the place to be.

Amazing Learning Experience

The best aspects of this internship were that I had the opportunity to work for and learn from real-world media professionals. In addition, the hourly wage made it easy to cover my commute cost.

Loved Everything!

My advice for potential interns is to always have a great attitude and the utmost respect for your employers.

Advice to Management

N/A

Date: 2013

Surefire way to gain real life experience, develop a ton of contacts, and absolutely land a job in the Media Industry

Being able to grow within one company; I stayed for 4 years and was able to experience all the different departments. I also developed an extensive network through my peers who were in EBF and working for other companies.

Very hard to think of something I didn't like about EBF.

Take full advantage of ALL the resources EBF gives you. They provide you the tools and all you need to do is take it and run with it. You'll be able to do anything you want after graduating from EBF.

Date: 2013

Great opportunities for young students

Guidance and help was always offered

The days were long

This is the best of the best when it comes to internship programs

Advice to Management

More diversity

Date: 2013

Are you ready to change your life and never look back? Earn professional experience and learn the true meaning of competitive advantage.

I was fortunate enough to network with top industry professionals and budding professionals that worked at similar internships all across the country. Many became close friends, and others will always be great connections.

The only con was that I had to spend time cycling through different departments in order to have a holistic understanding of how a news station works. At the time I would have preferred to just stay in the news department every day, but I now understand the value in my different experiences.

Take initiative. It's the most important thing you can do to show management how much you value your job and how dedicated you are to your career. Sometimes it can be a little scary or nerve-wracking, but if you can successfully think out of the box and take on tasks that were not assigned to you, you can make everyone's job easier and make a long-lasting, if not permanent, mark on the company and your co-workers.

Date: 2013

Emma Bowen Foundation the internship that trains and develops tomorrow's entertainment leaders.

Every year all Emma Bowen students had a conference in New York with entertainment executives and leaders to share their experiences and answers questions from students.

There are no cons with my experience in the Internship

The Emma Bowen foundation is one of a kind helping young minorities get a head start in their career. All task are industry related and most scholars in the foundation stand out from other interns in the sponsoring company.

Advice to Management

When describing my experience with the Emma Bowen Foundation I become the envy of other people and their intern experiences. I don’t think any other internship or program comes close.

Real, Worthwhile Experience & Leadership Opportunities

I was allowed to work essentially like a full-time employee, where my duties were important and my input was held with a very high weight.

I was asked to do a lot, but I hardly consider this a negative.

Always ask to do more, and let them know that you are willing to multitask and try anything. Also, let them know what your ultimate goal is.

Knowledge is power

Being able to learning and gain new knowledge and experience in the real world. Also, being able to apply all of the knowledge learned from college and apply it.

Nothing so far. This internship has been great.

This program had changed my life. I feel more comfortable with myself in a working environment. I have had smaller jobs before, but this internship has brought me to a new level and expose me to how it is to be in the actual real world. I learn new things every time I come back to my internship and I can honestly say that I am getting SMARTER from all of the new knowledge that I had gain from my internship.

Advice to Management

nothing

Interactive Capitol Hill Internship with Political Media Veterans

The structure of the Emma Bowen Foundation internship program allows you to build relationships with the host company (in my case, C-SPAN) over a four/five-year period. The rotational structure of the program also allows you to experience multiple departments within the company, which helped to introduce me to career fields of interest.

There is nothing that I didn't like about my internship. The program is strong and thorough from year one through the conclusion after graduation from college.

Keep detailed notes on the work that you do throughout your internship. The Emma Bowen Foundation program gives you access to such a wide range of responsibilities and learning opportunities and it's important to track these experiences so you can share them with potential employers when you graduate from the program.

Advice to Management

Please ask Emma Bowen members--active and alumni--to volunteer with the organization however possible, especially the interns who are in the Los Angeles or New York areas! We can help with check-ins at interview sessions, outreach at internship fairs, etc. This would be a nice way to keep the alumni engaged after graduating through the program, as well as an opportunity to interact with EBF colleagues.

Date: 2013

Minority Youth Given A Strong Bridge Into The Media Industry!

The accessibility of the foundation and matching company. It is rare to find people that truly want to help others. However, The Emma Bowen Foundation is specifically designed to help youth minorities.

I honestly have nothing I would change. The founders and employees have thought of every possible negative situation and fixed them before they were an issue.

Call and ask every question that comes to mind because The Emma Bowen Foundation has an answer. They will guide you through any steps you need assistance with and the actual internship is well worth anything once you are a part of it.

Advice to Management

Nothing