Intern at Emma Bowen Foundation? Submit a Review

An Awarding Experience Guaranteeing Four Years: Summer Internship and Exposure to Different Departments at a Well-Known Media Company

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company of my internship really fosters building relationships with other departments and make all the interns feel welcomed. They organized brown bag lunches with all the interns and other events with speakers from different departments.

I'm not sure if I like cubicle spaces.

If you want an organization that cares for you, then this place is for you.

What news do you keep up with?

What are you passionate about?

What after school activities do you do?

What are you plans at college?

Advice to Management

I don't like how the match funds work. The check is sent to the school, even if you buy books or pay for a loan.

Looking 120% More Impressive Than I Actually Am While Working Hard, Playing Hard

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The perks of working at such a fun and interesting company; getting an almost guaranteed four years of working experience; organizational structure that guides you straight to success

Very extensive application process; stuck in this internship for four years and don't get to try other jobs, have other experiences

Be ready to be in a workplace where everyone has more education, work experience, and life experience, because this program starts either senior year of high school or freshman year of college, so you're literally the bottom of the food chain. The need to prove your worth is immense.

What kinds of leadership experiences have you had, and what have you learned from them?

Why are you interested in this position?

If you were on a desert island, which three items would you bring?

How do you overcome obstacles in your work and life?

Advice to Management

The 1:1 scholarship match is great, but the end total puts you behind other interns working in the same position, so if these numbers could be adjusted, then this would greatly benefit students trying to get by with slightly-higher-than-minimum wage.

Life Changing Intership Molds Top Ten Market Reporter

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

networking, learning vital skills, lots of writing, good feedback on getting better

I liked every aspect.

This internship is more than an internship. It's an actual job that trains the future leaders of the media.

AMAZING. It was unique because you grow with the company through high school/college, so once you graduate you have 4 years in corporate

Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paid internship with matching funds scholarship. Additionally the ability to meet other peers each summer at conference. I have relationships with my peers from the program to this day. I have gotten my jobs at CBS Radio NYC, MTV Networks and HBO from my relationships through the Emma Bowen Foundation. The internship directly effected my career trajectory.

I didnt find out sooner! I would've applied sooner than my senior year of high school! Some people got into the program as high school juniors.

It's changed my life! Every part of my career has been positively effected by the internship. I've worked at 3 of the top media companies since i graduated from the program.

I was recruited 10 years ago, but we were asked questions about our 10 year plan, our passions for media, our community involvement, grades, etc. We required 3 references, transcripts and several other materials. It's a very competitive internship.

Advice to Management

They have been active with alums as well. I still work with them on improving the internship to this day.

The Emma Bowen Foundation: The reason I have a successful career in TV news

Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Career and Professional Development, Mentorship Program: iMentor, Summer conference in New York, Paid, Stipend, Four summers, Rotational, Great Peers,

I can not think of anything that I did not like

The Emma Bowen Foundation is great internship program that will transform your career in the communications industry

I get to grow my professional and technical skills while I mature as a person.

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

What I do with my time is up to me. I can craft my days around what I would like to learn and do.

What I contribute is only limited by imagination.

I have long commutes.

When you join the organization, you will likely be doing a job better suited for several people instead of just one. Right now the organization needs people, and until we get those people, this will be the nature of the job. If you decide to work hard and go above and beyond in the tasks at hand, you will benefit more here than at other establishments. The upward mobility far outways the temporary sacrifice and stress.

What are current events in the news?

Who is Emma Bowen?

What experience do you bring to the table?

How do you think our organization can improve?

Advice to Management

Employee retention is currently a problem at the station. The talented people are either leaving or retiring. To improve the workplace, my organization not only needs to hire new people to fill vacant positions, but support staff to help out the talented veterans.

Opprotunity+Talent= Success

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- The annual Emma Bowen conference in NY

- The matching-funds grant

- 4 year internship opprotunity

- There is a lack of in person contact with our directors.

Opprotunity+Preparation= Success

How have your past experiences, prepared you for the this internship that you are pursuing?

Advice to Management

As a diversity focused program, in our conferences I would like for the students see and hear a session about how diversity is implemented in the media industry.

Success happens when someone dedicates their full potential and energy to the experiences that come their way.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

100% matching funds of the summer earnings from the corporate sponsor can be used for school related expenses like rent, laptops, flights for school!

N/A. The Emma Bowen Foundation provides access to organizations with several departments. It would be even better if there was a motion picture sponsor for interns interested in working on film.

Have an open mind when considering opportunities as experiences and skill set are very crucial to success in any organization. An open mind along with a proactive attitude will help one stand out from the crowd of potential employees.

Tell me about your life experiences, goals, and interests.

Advice to Management

My company addresses concerns and issues immediately and being vocal has made my place of work ideal.

A Life-Changing Experience For Young Professionals

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to rotate throughout different departments in the company, which allowed me to determine which jobs I was and was not interested in doing.

There isn't anything I can recall that I didn't like about my internship

The day to day logistics of the Emma Bowen Foundation is ran by 4-5 people. Yet, each person is committed to the long term success of their students. It's truly amazing.

Best Job Preparation from People Who Genuinely Care.

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paid internship with scholarship.

N/A I'm still amazed that I have this internship opportunity.

Do your research on the companies and foundation ahead of time.