Intern at Emma Bowen Foundation? Submit a Review

The Emma Bowen Foundation: The reason I have a successful career in TV news

Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Career and Professional Development, Mentorship Program: iMentor, Summer conference in New York, Paid, Stipend, Four summers, Rotational, Great Peers,

I can not think of anything that I did not like

The Emma Bowen Foundation is great internship program that will transform your career in the communications industry

Incredible Opportunity to learn and grow around brilliant people in the television business

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I met so many amazing and talented people

I worked with some of the most talented young minds

I gained a wealth of professional skills

I learned how to work on a team

I was able to gain two mentors after my internship

I made key relationships and continue to keep in touch with those individuals

I wish there were opportunities to rotate offices that are located in different cities

Learn to be a great listener

Ask a load of questions if you for certain cannot figure something out on your own

Take the initiative

If you find yourself bored, or out of work, get up and ask around the office if anyone needs help with anything

Arrive to work before your supervisor and leave after him/her

Have excellent manners

Hand write thank you cards

What do you plan on gaining from this internship?

What do you feel like you can offer us?

What are you a few of your goals in life?

What is your favorite book?

What is your favorite office supply and why?

Advice to Management

Ask the interns for advice, because they may be more up to date with trends than you.

Don't be afraid of including interns in your meetings and encouraging them to speak up if they have creative ideas to add.

It means a lot when you take an intern under your wing, do not be afraid to shadow them

One of the most amazing programs that I was privileged to be a part of.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Career Development, Mentorship, Experience

There was nothing I disliked about this internship and continue to stay in touch today as an alum.

Make the most of the experience and program. You will be glad you did.

Extrordinary and Cultivating Internship leads to Student Career Sucess!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the environment

nothing. enjoyed all of it

Always take that extra initiative to go beyond the normal internship experience. Utilize your resources and make the most out of your time here. The taks they have for you are great, but you can make it even better for yourself.

Questions they asked were related to prior experiences and how it could be useful to this internship experience.

Advice to Management

A more formal training on the departments upon beginning the internship each summer. Maybe offering some benefits (i.e. cable)

Opprotunity+Talent= Success

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- The annual Emma Bowen conference in NY

- The matching-funds grant

- 4 year internship opprotunity

- There is a lack of in person contact with our directors.

Opprotunity+Preparation= Success

How have your past experiences, prepared you for the this internship that you are pursuing?

Advice to Management

As a diversity focused program, in our conferences I would like for the students see and hear a session about how diversity is implemented in the media industry.

Breaking News at NBC Bay Area

San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentorship experience, engaging in tasks I am passionate about, communicating with the public, giving back to the community through news coverage, attending meetings with newsroom employees, positive work environment, attractive facilities, various work experience opportunities, writing/publishing articles, exposure to the media industry, professional environment, scholarship opportunities (matching funds), research opportunities, learning how to break down news and assignments

Long Hours, lack of structure, busy work

Be assertive, remain engaged at all times, stay motivated to learning first hand what it's like to be an employee in the perspective industry.

1) What aspects of the media industry are you interested in exploring

2) What are your goals in the media industry?

3) Who are your favorite on air personalities?

4) What do you know a about our station?

5) How would this internship help you achieve your goals?

Advice to Management

More structure, hiring African-American/Black on air personalities, changing show times to increase viewers.

Great experience!

Englewood, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learn new things related to my education.

I loved everything about the internship.

It was great working with my corporate sponsor. Conference are great way to meet new people.

Life Changing Intership Molds Top Ten Market Reporter

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

networking, learning vital skills, lots of writing, good feedback on getting better

I liked every aspect.

This internship is more than an internship. It's an actual job that trains the future leaders of the media.

Social Media is more than just posting and promoting. There is analytics, content creation, advertising and monetization involved. as well.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being challenged with tasks that help hone my professional skills as well as gain experience with new tools.

Having confusion about terminology that I don't understand.

An organization that fosters a passion for developing all interns to their full potential and grow as a business professional.

What are your skills passions and wants?

What were some challenges that you have faced and how have you overcome them?

Where was a time where you had to be a leader and how did that help you grow as a person?

If you were given 30 seconds to describe yourself in an elevator speech to a future employer what would you say?

Advice to Management

Training in Microsoft office powerpoint and excel.

Indispensable network opportunity and experience gained, and on top of that I get compensated! Couldn't ask for anything more...

Ft. Worth, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to do professional work alongside professionals in your field of study.

Many laws and egulaions don't allow interns to go out into the field as often. The company doesn't want to be liable.

This is a fast paced environment so if you're wanting to sit back and relax, this is not the place for you. People are super nice and ready to help, but as an intern you must want to learn and show initiative. There are plenty of people who want it to waste time on those who don't.