Intern at Emma Bowen Foundation? Submit a Review

Extrordinary and Cultivating Internship leads to Student Career Sucess!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the environment

nothing. enjoyed all of it

Always take that extra initiative to go beyond the normal internship experience. Utilize your resources and make the most out of your time here. The taks they have for you are great, but you can make it even better for yourself.

Questions they asked were related to prior experiences and how it could be useful to this internship experience.

Advice to Management

A more formal training on the departments upon beginning the internship each summer. Maybe offering some benefits (i.e. cable)

Best Job Preparation from People Who Genuinely Care.

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paid internship with scholarship.

N/A I'm still amazed that I have this internship opportunity.

Do your research on the companies and foundation ahead of time.

A Life-Changing Experience For Young Professionals

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to rotate throughout different departments in the company, which allowed me to determine which jobs I was and was not interested in doing.

There isn't anything I can recall that I didn't like about my internship

The day to day logistics of the Emma Bowen Foundation is ran by 4-5 people. Yet, each person is committed to the long term success of their students. It's truly amazing.

Great experience!

Englewood, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learn new things related to my education.

I loved everything about the internship.

It was great working with my corporate sponsor. Conference are great way to meet new people.

The Emma Bowen Foundation: The reason I have a successful career in TV news

Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Career and Professional Development, Mentorship Program: iMentor, Summer conference in New York, Paid, Stipend, Four summers, Rotational, Great Peers,

I can not think of anything that I did not like

The Emma Bowen Foundation is great internship program that will transform your career in the communications industry

An Awarding Experience Guaranteeing Four Years: Summer Internship and Exposure to Different Departments at a Well-Known Media Company

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company of my internship really fosters building relationships with other departments and make all the interns feel welcomed. They organized brown bag lunches with all the interns and other events with speakers from different departments.

I'm not sure if I like cubicle spaces.

If you want an organization that cares for you, then this place is for you.

What news do you keep up with?

What are you passionate about?

What after school activities do you do?

What are you plans at college?

Advice to Management

I don't like how the match funds work. The check is sent to the school, even if you buy books or pay for a loan.

Incredible Opportunity to learn and grow around brilliant people in the television business

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I met so many amazing and talented people

I worked with some of the most talented young minds

I gained a wealth of professional skills

I learned how to work on a team

I was able to gain two mentors after my internship

I made key relationships and continue to keep in touch with those individuals

I wish there were opportunities to rotate offices that are located in different cities

Learn to be a great listener

Ask a load of questions if you for certain cannot figure something out on your own

Take the initiative

If you find yourself bored, or out of work, get up and ask around the office if anyone needs help with anything

Arrive to work before your supervisor and leave after him/her

Have excellent manners

Hand write thank you cards

What do you plan on gaining from this internship?

What do you feel like you can offer us?

What are you a few of your goals in life?

What is your favorite book?

What is your favorite office supply and why?

Advice to Management

Ask the interns for advice, because they may be more up to date with trends than you.

Don't be afraid of including interns in your meetings and encouraging them to speak up if they have creative ideas to add.

It means a lot when you take an intern under your wing, do not be afraid to shadow them

Opprotunity+Talent= Success

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- The annual Emma Bowen conference in NY

- The matching-funds grant

- 4 year internship opprotunity

- There is a lack of in person contact with our directors.

Opprotunity+Preparation= Success

How have your past experiences, prepared you for the this internship that you are pursuing?

Advice to Management

As a diversity focused program, in our conferences I would like for the students see and hear a session about how diversity is implemented in the media industry.

Amazing! Major Corporate Setting, Matching Funds and the Ultimate Business Exposure, that is the Emma Bowen Foundation!

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

• Being included in supervisor/executive meetings

• Executing strategies and ideas

• Learning daily from top leaders in the media industry

This past internship, I was disappointed in how the evaluation process was not taken seriously.

Always maintain a positive outlook and a dynamite work ethic. No matter what situation occurs on the internship, never make or take it personally, but continue to focus on getting the job done with enthusiasm and accuracy.

Who was Emma Bowen and what did she stand for?

With all that's on your plate, how would an internship such as this work for you?

Advice to Management

The Emma Bowen Foundation strives to see only success within each of their students. In every way imaginable, this foundation has the best interest for those willing to impact the media industry.

Much learned in a summer to remember.

Orlando, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

How I had the opportunity to be a valuable asset to the network operations and that I was appreciated by my coworkers

There wasn't anything that I did not like. I love what I do!

That I am a very hard worker and I will always turn in things on time.

What are your strengths when it comes to television? What do you know at your age?

Advice to Management

I'm not really sure because I haven't experienced all of the departments at my job so I would not know what they specifically they have to improve on. My department that I was a part of taught me everything that I needed to know about the scheduling system.