Emma Bowen Foundation Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #30 Best Overall Internships

Social Media is more than just posting and promoting. There is analytics, content creation, advertising and monetization involved. as well.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being challenged with tasks that help hone my professional skills as well as gain experience with new tools.

Having confusion about terminology that I don't understand.

An organization that fosters a passion for developing all interns to their full potential and grow as a business professional.

What are your skills passions and wants?

What were some challenges that you have faced and how have you overcome them?

Where was a time where you had to be a leader and how did that help you grow as a person?

If you were given 30 seconds to describe yourself in an elevator speech to a future employer what would you say?

Advice to Management

Training in Microsoft office powerpoint and excel.

A wonderful opportunity
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working in a professional work environment. Meeting new people. Developing skills for a future profession.

So far there's nothing I dislike.

Interns work hard and are diligent.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Advice to Management

None

Amazing and eye opening experiences that truly help shape my understanding of corporate america and working for a large organization.
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My pay was really great, mentorship, and provided a great deal of resources.

I like everything about my internship and learned a lot of beneficial knowledge that will help me excel in my future.

Be open, honest, and ready to soak in all the knowledge and work experience you will gain.

The Emma Bowen Foundation: The reason I have a successful career in TV news
Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Career and Professional Development, Mentorship Program: iMentor, Summer conference in New York, Paid, Stipend, Four summers, Rotational, Great Peers,

I can not think of anything that I did not like

The Emma Bowen Foundation is great internship program that will transform your career in the communications industry

An Awarding Experience Guaranteeing Four Years: Summer Internship and Exposure to Different Departments at a Well-Known Media Company
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company of my internship really fosters building relationships with other departments and make all the interns feel welcomed. They organized brown bag lunches with all the interns and other events with speakers from different departments.

I'm not sure if I like cubicle spaces.

If you want an organization that cares for you, then this place is for you.

What news do you keep up with?

What are you passionate about?

What after school activities do you do?

What are you plans at college?

Advice to Management

I don't like how the match funds work. The check is sent to the school, even if you buy books or pay for a loan.

Much learned in a summer to remember.
Orlando, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

How I had the opportunity to be a valuable asset to the network operations and that I was appreciated by my coworkers

There wasn't anything that I did not like. I love what I do!

That I am a very hard worker and I will always turn in things on time.

What are your strengths when it comes to television? What do you know at your age?

Advice to Management

I'm not really sure because I haven't experienced all of the departments at my job so I would not know what they specifically they have to improve on. My department that I was a part of taught me everything that I needed to know about the scheduling system.

The Emma Bowen Foundation: The Media Industry's Best Kept Secret
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Interns are actually paid a competitive internship wage.

- Summer pay is matched with SCHOLARSHIP funding during each school year! This is a HUGE benefit that other internship foundations typically don't offer.

- All-expense paid trips to New York for the annual career development and networking conferences every summer.

- VERY attentive senior staff; The President and SVP still keep in regular contact with me (and other alumni) to this day!

- Vibrant body of students that keep in close contact and remain in your network for years to come; Some of my closest friends (and potential business partners) are fellow interns that matriculated through The Foundation with me.

There is virtually nothing bad about this program. If a student is interested in the media industry, this is the BEST decision he/she can make aside from choosing what college to attend.

The only "con" I would offer is that as an applicant you don't get to choose the company you're placed with, only the city. This is minor, however, because at that stage in your career you should be open to being exposed to different companies and functions within the industry anyway. Plus once you are placed, the senior staff can work with you to rotate you into a department that closely matches your major/career goals/etc.

- Take full advantage of the summer conferences in New York. This is where you network and hone your skills to take back with you to your internship and studies.

- Be responsive to the staff. They're there to help you. The more responsive/cooperative you are with them, the more they'll extend themselves to work things out for your specific situation.

Amazing! Major Corporate Setting, Matching Funds and the Ultimate Business Exposure, that is the Emma Bowen Foundation!
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

• Being included in supervisor/executive meetings

• Executing strategies and ideas

• Learning daily from top leaders in the media industry

This past internship, I was disappointed in how the evaluation process was not taken seriously.

Always maintain a positive outlook and a dynamite work ethic. No matter what situation occurs on the internship, never make or take it personally, but continue to focus on getting the job done with enthusiasm and accuracy.

Who was Emma Bowen and what did she stand for?

With all that's on your plate, how would an internship such as this work for you?

Advice to Management

The Emma Bowen Foundation strives to see only success within each of their students. In every way imaginable, this foundation has the best interest for those willing to impact the media industry.

The Employed Intern
Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Was supported in branching out and gaining as many experiences as possible

Had INCREDIBLE networking opportunities in multiple states

Surrounded by a great community of people to work with

Could get a little hectic, but "hectic" is something to be expected from a full-time employee

The atmosphere and the work balance here are great - just be sure to always prioritize projects from the department you're assigned to.

It has been a remarkable experience getting to know people from so many diverse professions, getting together and running a new network.
Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part about interning at The Africa Channel was being able to experience what it is like to be part of the more professional work force. My coworkers had experiences in working for NBC, Reebok, etc. and it allowed me to pick at their knowledge and learn about how different brands function.

Since my company is a newer network, my work space was not as comfortable as someone who interned for FOX, for example, but it was an insightful experience to see what it takes to start your own network.

Be ready to work hard and drop any pride you have. This is an internship where you mostly hear and don't say too much because you are young and your coworkers are grown professionals. Sometimes speaking too much can get you to become too comfortable and thus say something that you don't mean or that sounds insulting.

What skills do you have to offer for this workplace?

What do you see yourself doing?

How may we help you achieve your personal goals?

Advice to Management

I did not receive formal training so if my internship would have offered that, I would have been able to have a better understanding of what is expected of me.