Emma Bowen Foundation Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #30 Best Overall Internships

4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 261 Intern Reviews)

Extrordinary and Cultivating Internship leads to Student Career Sucess!
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the environment

nothing. enjoyed all of it

Always take that extra initiative to go beyond the normal internship experience. Utilize your resources and make the most out of your time here. The taks they have for you are great, but you can make it even better for yourself.

Questions they asked were related to prior experiences and how it could be useful to this internship experience.

Advice to Management

A more formal training on the departments upon beginning the internship each summer. Maybe offering some benefits (i.e. cable)

Great experience!
Englewood, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learn new things related to my education.

I loved everything about the internship.

It was great working with my corporate sponsor. Conference are great way to meet new people.

Best Summer Ever
Winston Salem, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was being able to do my passion which is reporting news.

Their was not anything that I disliked about this internship.

Make sure that you are friendly at all times and you must be willing to put in long hours.

Do you have any questions for us?

Advice to Management

N/A

Indispensable network opportunity and experience gained, and on top of that I get compensated! Couldn't ask for anything more...
Ft. Worth, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to do professional work alongside professionals in your field of study.

Many laws and egulaions don't allow interns to go out into the field as often. The company doesn't want to be liable.

This is a fast paced environment so if you're wanting to sit back and relax, this is not the place for you. People are super nice and ready to help, but as an intern you must want to learn and show initiative. There are plenty of people who want it to waste time on those who don't.

AMAZING. It was unique because you grow with the company through high school/college, so once you graduate you have 4 years in corporate
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paid internship with matching funds scholarship. Additionally the ability to meet other peers each summer at conference. I have relationships with my peers from the program to this day. I have gotten my jobs at CBS Radio NYC, MTV Networks and HBO from my relationships through the Emma Bowen Foundation. The internship directly effected my career trajectory.

I didnt find out sooner! I would've applied sooner than my senior year of high school! Some people got into the program as high school juniors.

It's changed my life! Every part of my career has been positively effected by the internship. I've worked at 3 of the top media companies since i graduated from the program.

I was recruited 10 years ago, but we were asked questions about our 10 year plan, our passions for media, our community involvement, grades, etc. We required 3 references, transcripts and several other materials. It's a very competitive internship.

Advice to Management

They have been active with alums as well. I still work with them on improving the internship to this day.

Life Changing Intership Molds Top Ten Market Reporter
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

networking, learning vital skills, lots of writing, good feedback on getting better

I liked every aspect.

This internship is more than an internship. It's an actual job that trains the future leaders of the media.

Incredible Opportunity to learn and grow around brilliant people in the television business
Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I met so many amazing and talented people

I worked with some of the most talented young minds

I gained a wealth of professional skills

I learned how to work on a team

I was able to gain two mentors after my internship

I made key relationships and continue to keep in touch with those individuals

I wish there were opportunities to rotate offices that are located in different cities

Learn to be a great listener

Ask a load of questions if you for certain cannot figure something out on your own

Take the initiative

If you find yourself bored, or out of work, get up and ask around the office if anyone needs help with anything

Arrive to work before your supervisor and leave after him/her

Have excellent manners

Hand write thank you cards

What do you plan on gaining from this internship?

What do you feel like you can offer us?

What are you a few of your goals in life?

What is your favorite book?

What is your favorite office supply and why?

Advice to Management

Ask the interns for advice, because they may be more up to date with trends than you.

Don't be afraid of including interns in your meetings and encouraging them to speak up if they have creative ideas to add.

It means a lot when you take an intern under your wing, do not be afraid to shadow them

Success happens when someone dedicates their full potential and energy to the experiences that come their way.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

100% matching funds of the summer earnings from the corporate sponsor can be used for school related expenses like rent, laptops, flights for school!

N/A. The Emma Bowen Foundation provides access to organizations with several departments. It would be even better if there was a motion picture sponsor for interns interested in working on film.

Have an open mind when considering opportunities as experiences and skill set are very crucial to success in any organization. An open mind along with a proactive attitude will help one stand out from the crowd of potential employees.

Tell me about your life experiences, goals, and interests.

Advice to Management

My company addresses concerns and issues immediately and being vocal has made my place of work ideal.

Social Media is more than just posting and promoting. There is analytics, content creation, advertising and monetization involved. as well.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being challenged with tasks that help hone my professional skills as well as gain experience with new tools.

Having confusion about terminology that I don't understand.

An organization that fosters a passion for developing all interns to their full potential and grow as a business professional.

What are your skills passions and wants?

What were some challenges that you have faced and how have you overcome them?

Where was a time where you had to be a leader and how did that help you grow as a person?

If you were given 30 seconds to describe yourself in an elevator speech to a future employer what would you say?

Advice to Management

Training in Microsoft office powerpoint and excel.

I shudder to think about my career trajectory had I not been a part of the Emma Bowen Foundation..
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-immersion in a corporate environment

-workshops and personal development activities that helped polish and prepare us for careers after college

-hands-on experience in multiple departments was invaluable

-the attentiveness of the EBF staff, always available, always helpful, concerned with our well-being and best interests

-paid internships with matching funds from the Foundation helped my family and I immensely..the financial burden of attending a university such as Syracuse that charges well over $50k annually to attend was greatly eased by the generosity of the Foundation and its corporate partners. Thank You.

-the summer conference where we were able to listen to and speak with leaders in the industry to help us gain a better understanding of the careers we were seeking

No cons.. The Emma Bowen Foundation has been a blessing, and as I stated before, I shudder to think about my career trajectory had I not had the experience, training, development, and networking opportunities that EBF provided.

EMF is extremely competitive, and understandably so. Students who succeed in EBF are unafraid of challenges, studious, well-rounded and professional. Do all that you can to be accepted into the EBF family, because it is just that, a family. I completed my internship 7 years ago, and have maintained many friendships with other interns throughout the years.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Thank you for everything.