4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 261 Intern Reviews)

An Awarding Experience Guaranteeing Four Years: Summer Internship and Exposure to Different Departments at a Well-Known Media Company
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company of my internship really fosters building relationships with other departments and make all the interns feel welcomed. They organized brown bag lunches with all the interns and other events with speakers from different departments.

I'm not sure if I like cubicle spaces.

If you want an organization that cares for you, then this place is for you.

What news do you keep up with?

What are you passionate about?

What after school activities do you do?

What are you plans at college?

Advice to Management

I don't like how the match funds work. The check is sent to the school, even if you buy books or pay for a loan.

Extrordinary and Cultivating Internship leads to Student Career Sucess!
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the environment

nothing. enjoyed all of it

Always take that extra initiative to go beyond the normal internship experience. Utilize your resources and make the most out of your time here. The taks they have for you are great, but you can make it even better for yourself.

Questions they asked were related to prior experiences and how it could be useful to this internship experience.

Advice to Management

A more formal training on the departments upon beginning the internship each summer. Maybe offering some benefits (i.e. cable)

The Emma Bowen Foundation: The reason I have a successful career in TV news
Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Career and Professional Development, Mentorship Program: iMentor, Summer conference in New York, Paid, Stipend, Four summers, Rotational, Great Peers,

I can not think of anything that I did not like

The Emma Bowen Foundation is great internship program that will transform your career in the communications industry

You want to jump start your career do an internship!
Miami, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people & the work

I didn't like creating Power Point presentation on brands that I knew little about.

Univision is a media company that is filled with passion, skill, and culture.

Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs?

Why are you interested in our company?

What can you offer our company?

Advice to Management

They are already pretty great at making this an awesome place to work.

Looking 120% More Impressive Than I Actually Am While Working Hard, Playing Hard
San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The perks of working at such a fun and interesting company; getting an almost guaranteed four years of working experience; organizational structure that guides you straight to success

Very extensive application process; stuck in this internship for four years and don't get to try other jobs, have other experiences

Be ready to be in a workplace where everyone has more education, work experience, and life experience, because this program starts either senior year of high school or freshman year of college, so you're literally the bottom of the food chain. The need to prove your worth is immense.

What kinds of leadership experiences have you had, and what have you learned from them?

Why are you interested in this position?

If you were on a desert island, which three items would you bring?

How do you overcome obstacles in your work and life?

Advice to Management

The 1:1 scholarship match is great, but the end total puts you behind other interns working in the same position, so if these numbers could be adjusted, then this would greatly benefit students trying to get by with slightly-higher-than-minimum wage.

AMAZING. It was unique because you grow with the company through high school/college, so once you graduate you have 4 years in corporate
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paid internship with matching funds scholarship. Additionally the ability to meet other peers each summer at conference. I have relationships with my peers from the program to this day. I have gotten my jobs at CBS Radio NYC, MTV Networks and HBO from my relationships through the Emma Bowen Foundation. The internship directly effected my career trajectory.

I didnt find out sooner! I would've applied sooner than my senior year of high school! Some people got into the program as high school juniors.

It's changed my life! Every part of my career has been positively effected by the internship. I've worked at 3 of the top media companies since i graduated from the program.

I was recruited 10 years ago, but we were asked questions about our 10 year plan, our passions for media, our community involvement, grades, etc. We required 3 references, transcripts and several other materials. It's a very competitive internship.

Advice to Management

They have been active with alums as well. I still work with them on improving the internship to this day.

Great experience!
Englewood, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learn new things related to my education.

I loved everything about the internship.

It was great working with my corporate sponsor. Conference are great way to meet new people.

Best Summer Ever
Winston Salem, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was being able to do my passion which is reporting news.

Their was not anything that I disliked about this internship.

Make sure that you are friendly at all times and you must be willing to put in long hours.

Do you have any questions for us?

Advice to Management

N/A

Engaging, challenging, beneficial, full of opportunity
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The quality of the internship program - we had speakers from all departments speak to us each summer about their role in the company and the different aspects of their jobs.

The company culture - the welcoming feeling and overwhelming warmth from full time employees.

I generally didn't not like anything about the program.

The time commitment

The best internship experience I could've hoped for
Jacksonville, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the hands on experience that set me ahead of other students in my same major, building relationships and finding mentors within a field you are already passionate about, and also building relationships with peers across the country who help share their interning experiences to help everyone grow and expand on their own.

There isn't really a lot of negative things I can say about the internship--really, the only thing was during those summer conferences with interns from across the country--some had access to better experiences and company "perks" (ie. attending olympics, visiting foreign countries). That did fuel a little jealousy, although that's hardly Emma Bowen's fault and I still am grateful for everything I learned.

Don't be afraid to be yourself and take initiative. Most everybody at my "sponsor company" was laid-back and very easy to talk to--this helped build those relationships that I know help me in the future. Also, make sure you're always doing something to better your knowledge--make sure not to sit at your computer and do nothing--find an employee and ask how you can help.

-What was your greatest accomplishment?

-What is your dream job?

The interview process with the company was very laid back, I met with each of the department heads separately and they often left questions up to me to ask them.

Advice to Management

My advice to management only really comes AFTER my internship was completed and I was currently an employee--through a few "regime" changes--there arose a lack of communication among managers that unfortunately left things to fall through the cracks for the employees. We need to go back to the time of strong communication and teamwork instead of a this department vs. this department, vs this department atmosphere.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)