CH2M Hill Enterprise Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #6 Best Engineering Internships

Making improvement everyday

I have developed my programming skills. Social life in Swindon, UK is amazing.

Don't have so much chance to join other project except the one relating to my internship.

It's better have a plan before participating the internship and keep peace on your plan.

Unbelievable experience at CH2M HILL

The company structure and beliefs, views, respect on work. The people that work there.

Didn't get the opportunity to work on a large project

CH2M HILL is a great company to work for and you can't go wrong. The people there are great and so it is the work. Definitely recommend an internship ir job there.

Advice to Management

Maybe try and train interns on a specific aspect of work such as a days training course so people leave having that under thier belt as well as the intern experience.

Date: 2013

Thoroughly enjoyable as well as thoroughly enlightening

The people and the experiences made the internship extremely entertaining.

There appeared to be some office politics as well as a disconnect between upper management

CH is better than any other internship that I have had or have ever heard of anyone having

Advice to Management

There needs to be less political issues throughout the office as well as better cooperation between each management level. Everyone needs to be on the same page.

Date: 2013

Introduction to Engineering Workforce, Integration into Office, and Much Hard Work

being accepted into the office, helped by coworkers, given new and challenging work whenever possible, supervisors try hard to keep me busy

the constant urging to participate in the 'intern program': networking, conference lectures; the benefits: I have to call to make sure they don't take away from my paycheck for a 401k

work hard, be friendly, be willing and ready to learn and to ask for help

Date: 2013

My Summer Internship as an Instrumentation and Control Intern was really a wonderful opportunity for me to learn and explore new things.

Hand-son work experience.

Not Applicable.

From my point of view, the Summer Internship opportunity was really helpful for me to get the hands-on experience in the field I am pursuing Master's degree. I was able to apply the knowledge gained in University and gain skills.

Date: 2013

A great life, learning and professional experience

The people and the experiences made my internship a truly amazing one.

I disliked some of inter-office politics that come along with a larger company

Be prepared for a good experience that is challenging as well as fun and interesting

Advice to Management

CH could use some more organization and work on eliminating redundancy.

Date: 2013

Excellent one, would tell my friends about it.

Meeting with the presidents of company, Learnt latest technologies

Nothing to mention

This Company gives importance to culture and cares for employees. Excellent in the work, ranks top in program management and cares how they do the work.

Advice to Management

NA

Date: 2013

An great experience that really opened my eyes and has helped me realize where I should focus in my remaining years at school

The people I worked with, the ability to ask questions at anytime and always getting and answer. Being challenged. Learned new skills and new ways to view problems. Being able to be on site to see actual construction. Seeing what CH2M Hill values and their values of keeping employees involved. The intern presentation and university presentation

There were some days when there wasn't much to do and i wasn't able to assists so I look on the web site and became more familiar with the company. It gave me a chance to see what other aspects of the company I may have interest in. Tried the make the best out of a slow day

Be ready to learn, document, ask a lot of question and never be worried about sounding "stupid". We all start from the bottom and as we ask and learn, we grow and skills and knowledge become better. Always inquire about why things happen. Pick the brains of co-workers, show initiative and interest.

Advice to Management

I had no issues with management at all. I would say that I was not able to call in to all the intern presentations and some were taped. I feel that if all were recorded, on those slow days, we can listen in and catch up. I thought with my experience that i could have been paid a little more but as this point, money isn't the issue, learning and new branch on eng. was my goal which i achieved. I like the flexibility in hours, especially since i had summer classes.

Bridge to the Future

Socialising with other graduate engineers, gaining an insight to office and on site experience, learning what will be expected of me when I graduate and enter full time employment

The occasional scouting for work, very rarely happened but when it did I was left without work for an hour or so and felt a bit useless!

Go for it! - The team are so lovely and friendly you will be settled in in no time at all! If you are worried about being stuck on something or not having the knowledge and understanding for a certain task, there are always people around to give advice and talk you through the processes.

Date: 2013

So much more than an internship

I was challenged through the many different types of work I was given, and respected by my collegues as a true contributor on the team.

The general types of projects at CH are very engineer heavy, so there isn't as much design freedom as there would be in a fully architectural firm.

Make sure you want to be working for the company you choose to be with, but once you've picked... go all in.