Intern at CH2M Global Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Incredible people, incredible learning experience

Other (International) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

1) The people are amazing. You are never made to feel like you are wasting someone's time. Everyone is always more than willing and happy to help you. What an incredible office culture. Fun and yet still hard working.
2) The work, when available, is great (mostly as a result of the people). You are given meaningful, interesting things to do. Everyone recognizes that you are here to learn.
3) Flexible hours
4) The Internship program they have in place - a lot of resources available to you
5) Office location

The time between the interesting work. This is mostly just a result of the nature of the business. In every experience I've had in consulting, there are always up and down times in terms of work.

You get out what you put in. If you want something, ask. People want to share their knowledge/experience by nature.

The people will ALWAYS make all the difference

Success!

Toronto | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to use CAD software to produce drawings

There was often a lack of work variety

My advice is th always ask questions if there is anything you are unsure of; everyone is ready and willing to share experiences and ways to do things.

IT Work for a Large Corporation

Portland, OR | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interesting work and great environment and people

------------

Great place to be an intern for

Internship Experience is More Valueable Than any Course You Can Take in College

Phoenix, AZ | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

First of all, it was amazing to me to see what the actual design process is like and how projects are executed in the working world compared to in college. My favorite part was going on site and seeing projects getting put into action, and seeing the outcome of all of the engineering and design work that gets put in every week. I also enjoyed attending meetings. Although I personally did not say much at many of the meetings, it was good experience to be a part of this kind of professional interaction.

It was disappointing to me that because I am an intern, I was not able to travel with the team to many of the job sites. For example, the entire team flew to Colorado to look at the site and work on the design, while I had to remain in the office. I finally got to go to one of the local job sites near the end of my internship, but there were a few projects that I feel like I missed out on a lot because I could not go see what I was working on in person.

This internship was a very good learning experience, and I would definitely reccomend. However, most of the work and learning is technical and not much field work/experience.

An invaluable introduction into the working world of architecture.

Portland, OR | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The inclusive and thoughtful cultural demonstrated on a regular basis by the people of this company.

The only difficult circumstance of this experience is that has required me to be far from my friends and family. All other aspects of this internship have been uniformly positive.

I'm a graduate student and slightly older than the majority of interns. The sorted list of different jobs I've had to perform to remain a financially self-sufficient student has instilled upon me the appreciation for healthy institutional culture. This is a great place to start your professional life. If you have an open mind and a humble attitude and you'll gain a great deal.

exciting and alot of stuff learned, :)

Toronto | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning from different disciplines.

Internship meeting - Some meetings were boring and some were beneficial.

Ask questions you have regarding the task you have assigned with before doing it, otherwise you'll end up doing it for hours.

Advice to Management

N/A

How do you handle stress/pressure?
If you were to have multiple projects, how would you handle it? (what techniques)

The best experience I could have this summer.

San Francisco, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to work with the specialists in the wastewater and water reuse field, and have real engineer tasks.

I do not have any cons about this interniship. I would recommend to everbody in my field.

CH2M is a Employee Centered company, always worried about their employees and sfety. There are great opportunities in this companies, and for sure the best specialists in the field.

The summer I saw the environment in a new light.

Oklahoma City, OK | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned so much from botany, arborist techniques, how to tag and track endangered species, how to identify locations where certain species like to make their habitats, what emission points look like and the purpose of tracking them. I love the confidence that was instilled in me to complete a task without micromanagement.

I did not have any real negative points to the internship. I learned quite a bit and that was the goal.

I would tell them to ensure they knew where they were going to be working if working at Tinker. The people in the office were not too familiar with what my responsibilities would be.

Advice to Management

Ensure the people we are in contact with for the projects are clear and concise on what the mission is instead of figuring it out as you go.

I did not have an interview.

Extremely positive experience. I want to work here!

Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentorship I received throughout my time here was great. I could not have asked for a better learning experience. I had the opportunity to work on things that really fit my interests and tailored to what I was looking for.

I don't have anything negative to say about my internship experience.

Network, network, network! This company gives you an amazing well rounded experience.

Great Internship

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, PTO, flexibility of hours

Some weeks I did not have enough work to work 40 hours.

It was good.

Advice to Management

I would like it if there was a way we could apply for a scholarship to continue education.

Mainly looking for good grades and prior work experience. Really straight forward. There were no hard questions.