Intern at CH2M Global Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Entered with a goal of self advancement, exited with a better understanding of what a career entails.

Jacksonville, FL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part about interning at CH2M was being provided with real activities to complete. We were not asked to scan files all day or organize documents. The engineers working above us actually assigned work that they would have had to complete if we were not there. It was an excellent experience to see how the inner gears of the company ran and how an idea actually becomes something real.

I never experienced anything negative during the time of my internship.

It is not hard to do well at CH2M if you work hard and stay motivated on a daily basis. You have to want to be here, and you need to have the motivation to better yourself. Through those outlets you will find that you can satisfy your bosses and clients much more than just trying to complete the work.

BEST EXPERIENCE EVER

Toronto | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting amazing people, Learning a lot, Work and life balance and Fun among the employees.

Nothing really, I do wish we had more specific training with software's.

Be willing to learn and have a good attitude

Advice to Management

I think everything is fine. However, If interns are to become full employees, I feel like intern during their internship should go through training Such as Software Training e.g Auto CAD, Naviswork, MIcroStation

Describe a Water Treatment Process, Why do you want to work here, Describe a time where you demonstrated initiative in a project and how did it go, why did you go to the university you attend, Why do you have the OIT Licenses,

Intern Gains Skills and Extensive Knowledge From Helpful Mentors

Pittsburgh, PA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The diversity in the work my mentors provided me was great; I was able to gain skills in every aspect in my field, and even learned about a subject I hadn't yet covered in school, which will definitely help me in my senior year of undergraduate college. They were assuring and helpful, and always ready to answer any question, including sitting with me to go through an entire concept that was new to me.

Not Applicable

CH2M is a great environment to grow and learn in; my experience has allowed to understand my interests and helped me define the path I want to take in my career. I would definitely work with the Global Internship Recruiters to best place a potential candidate in the right office location based on interests. This let me work in an office that aligned well in my field/major, and really helped me understand what the work would be like after school.

Advice to Management

N/A, I enjoyed the office environment and culture.

-What kind of 3D modeling experience do you have? What programs are you comfortable using?

- What are some courses you have already taken in school?

Many Opportunities, Great Culture, Amazing Firm

Dallas, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company culture is great. Everyone is very nice and very willing to help and answer questions. They all want me to have a great internship. There are many different opportunities in the company and different careers paths to take. And a lot of different types of work I can do in my water business group.

It is hard to find work from time to time. Everyone is either really busy or only have enough work for themselves.

I've had two other internships. One was really great- I loved the company, I learned a lot, but didn't quite enjoy the work. The second one, I really did not enjoy the company. I didn't get to really do any engineering work. But CH2M has it all. I get exposed to different types of work in the water industry, everyone is amazing, and I feel like I have really great potential within the company. There are a lot of training programs to do continued learning, a lot of lunch and learns, I get to do consulting work, go out into the field, etc. I have made friends with my co-workers and the interns in the other business groups. People joke around and laugh at meetings. It is laid back but also serious. There is a huge network within the company. I've called people in different offices to get help and they were so nice! All in all, the company is amazing. It's a global firm but feels like a family.

Advice to Management

N/A

I was just asked about my previous experience and extracurriculars. Nothing too hard!

Informative, interesting, helpful and great work environment.

Other (International) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

helpful and kind fellow colleagues.

so far I have not encountered anything in or out the workplace that I have disliked.

do not hesitate and apply, as it is a great opportunity and an amazing place to work.

Advice to Management

intern work schedule would be a great idea to allow the intern to prepare in advance.

- an example of a situation were I had to take control in the workplace?

- an example of a situation were I had to deal with a setback?

- my greatest weakness and strengths?

- an example of teamwork success and progress, from start to success in a certain task?

- an example of a situation were I had to deal with a problem within a team?

- an example of a situation were I reflected on my work and realized I needed to improve on certain skills and weaknesses?

- an example were I had to deal with many deadline, within a limited time space.

Slightly challenging but ALWAYS learing

Sacramento, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting challenging assignments and performing to a high standard. Learning about different conveyance systems and how they come together. Gaining friendships throughout the work environment.

Everything has been great.

Just remember to ask questions. Employers don't expect you to know everything. Just make sure you take the time to do it right.

How do you feel about relocating or traveling?

Learning whilst working with real life projects and experienced professionals.

Other (International) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Application of knowledge learned in education and working and learning from experienced professionals.

-----Nothing------

Remember there are no silly questions just silly answers, so ask anything that you are unsure about.

Advice to Management

Any Training could be more clear.

Excellent real world experience for entry level engineers

Corvallis, OR | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The support from the people around me

Being on the computer for 8 hours a day

The learning environment here is excellent, they really believe in helping the next generation of engineers.

Advice to Management

I think more training opportunity for interns and within company job shadows opportunities.

- What is your background?

- If you don't know how to do a task what will you do?

-Why are you interested in this position?

The perfect combination of learning and working: exploring an unexpected career option whilst making money and having fun.

Other (International) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the company policies. There are lots of perks at the office and I have not met a single person not willing to make me feel welcome and help me if I need it. I generally feel like I belong here more than I was expecting. I also really like the flextime scheme!

I have no complaints so far.

Make sure to talk to and socialize with everyone you meet and to meet with the other interns. Everyone is so lovely here and it makes the experience a lot less scary and a lot more fun. Also make sure to be helpful and friendly and ask people for work and advice if you get the opportunity. Furthermore, be vocal about what you want. You have MyJourney meetings where you set up goals. I expressed an interest in an area different from that of my department and was rewarded with the opportunity to work with some people in that department who work on the same project as me.

Advice to Management

Main thing would probably be to try and involve/inform the rest of the company about the GSIP work. The sessions are really good and helpful but no one (including my supervisor) seems to know a lot about how it works and the benefits of it.

Can you give me an example of a time when you had to face negative feedback and what you did/how you responded?
Can you give me an example of a time when you had a leadership role and how the group dynamic worked as well as what problems you faced and how you dealt with them?
etc.

Great opportunity to learn about the engineering design process

Dallas, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship are being in an office environment that is friendly and willing to help me learn and expand my engineering knowledge while working on real projects and contributing to the team.

The part I like least about the internship are the days that are slow with work since I only have work when other people have projects I can help with based on my current skills.

I would highly recommend this company to any potential employer. This company offers a great work environment and great people to work with.

Advice to Management

I think that the new employee training process could be improved. There have been many situation this summer where I have made mistakes on drawings by not following the standards created by CH2M. I think that more formal training and resources on the standard procedures for using the different computer programs would be very helpful.

Tell me a little bit about yourself.

What makes you a good fit for our company?

What experience do you currently have in this field or using the software we use?