Intern at Battelle Energy Alliance, Idaho National Laboratory University/College Internship? Submit a Review

Great

Very interesting project

Basically nothing

If you don't care about living in Idaho, let's go !

Exponential growth under caring tutelage by experienced professionals

Idaho Falls, ID | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking team, project work balance, freedom to design with careful supervisory feedback

Difficult to maintain expectations from university advisor remotely

Assume you have a lot to learn, ask a thousand questions, and eagerly await every learning opportunity.

A good learning experience

Idaho Falls, ID | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned a lot over a short period of time and got to work will experts in the field.

I wish I had a few more weeks, by the time I had learned how to do everything it was time to leave.

Take advantage of all the opportunities for interns.

Advice to Management

Make travel reimbursements a little bit easier to do

I don't recall any.

Oh my goodness, there isn't any homework outside of school! So much free time...

Idaho Falls, ID | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with novel technology around other passionate people who enjoyed their work.

Idaho Falls is a very quiet town, not exactly ideal when you've just graduated college.

If you can stand working in Idaho Falls and can stand the insufferable bureaucracy that accompanies all national labs, INL is a great place to work. There is novel technology and lots of opportunities to meet people in your field, while working a convenient 9-80 work schedule that allows time to enjoy the great Idaho outdoors.

Essential Oportunity

Idaho Falls, ID | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to get one years worth of real work experience in my field and all of the information I learned was so applicable to my degree. It was great to see how useful someone with my schooling can be and to experience the type of job I can get after graduate school. The pay was really nice too.

The application process was really slow, so I had to make plans really quickly to find housing and some other logistics stuff was tricky.

This was an amazing place to work. The people were all really good about answering any and all questions I had and were always welcoming me. I always felt like I was a part of the group there. Also, it is a very active environment in the research field and it was very good to see all of the new developments happening right then and there.

Advice to Management

Training could be a little long somedays. Application process could be a little bit more transparent at times, or even just a little faster.

NA

Great networking and opportunity to learn about occupational medicine

Pay and networking

Not always busy

More projects and backup projects ready

Advice to Management

Keep interns busy

What's is your GPA? What do you want your internship to be in? Why should we hire you?

Incredible Opportunity!

The learning and developing

Theres nothing I didn't like

If offered a internship take it. You will not regret it

Advice to Management

More training in what others do

When was there a time when you had to go about doing something in a new way?

Educational and an incredible experience

Idaho Falls, ID | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount that I was able to understand

Not always something for me to do so I had to read text books

Be ready they talk fast

INL Internship gives undergraduate students prospects of future job

Idaho Falls, ID | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real experience in a national lab setting. Gives me an end goal for a job following graduate school. Was a well paid position for a undergraduate student and was valuable lab experience.

None, was an amazing experience.

Get to know your mentor and others in the lab that are willing to help you if you are unsure of what you are doing.

Advice to Management

None, I had a great experience and group to work with.

I had no formal interview. I think the question on the application was just a basic, "Why do you want to complete our internship?"

Learn the ins and outs of Cybersecurity through hands on experience of modern equipment and software, both defensively and offensively!

Idaho Falls, ID | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were incredible! Smiling faces all around made for an extremely positive experience.
I learned so much more than I already knew about a wide variety of technical skills that will be hugely helpful in a career environment.

It was short. I wish I could have had more time!

I'd like to say that this Internship isn't clearly advertised as the prestigious opportunity that it is. Make people know that you can build a life out of this! I worked alongside an intern that took this internship for granted. I would PAY to do this internship again.

Advice to Management

None! Keep the smiles flying high! :D

What do you think will be your favorite part of the internship by the time termination comes around?