Intern at Exelon Intern Program? Submit a Review

I would describe it as wonderful. I have learned a lot, and I have experienced a lot.

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The expectations were realistic. The manager gave tasks that were not impossible, and not easy to complete.

There is nothing I did not like the least since my experience has been quite positive.

For those who have little project management experience. If you are in a team, vote on a project manager to keep everyone accountable. I was in a team for the intern project where everyone was in treated in the same level, and we were barely able to pull off a last minute presentation. Since we did not meet our personal deadlines.

Advice to Management

For those who are not regularly based at the main office, and based on the other offices in the state. It would be nice to compensate the interns the drive or train commute to the main office. Since it is not a regular commute for the interns.

Describe a time where you worked with someone with a different background as you?

Great learning experience .

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Wonderful job environment .

Traveling a lot .

Learn as much as you can .. ask questions whenever possible .

Get Great IT Experience At A Friendly Fortune 100 Company!

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Got a good outlook in the IT world
-Learned about corporate culture and the office environment
-Worked with office tools to schedule meetings and complete project tasks

-I sometimes finished my tasks quickly, which left me idle while my supervisor tried to find more tasks for me to do

Exelon will treat you well and get you setup with the equipment you need during orientation. You will have a good time and you may even find yourself exceeding your supervisor's expectations in project quality and delivery time!

Advice to Management

Management did a good job of getting me acquainted with Exelon and its policies. I guess having more projects ready to do in case something gets finished early or cancelled would be good to have on hand. Perhaps giving an extra supervisor to an interns halfway through the summer would be good also to refill the workload.

Give an example where your perception of someone changed after getting to know them.
I can't remember the others; it's been so long

Exelon offers a great technical internship experience

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to see exactly what an operator's job entails, great people to work with and help me when I needed it.

I would have liked to see the internship start earlier and end earlier.

I wish I would have known all the things Exelon is involved in within the community, not just the company itself.

Exicting

Rochester, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Electrical

Paperwork.

It was amazing

Wind farms arent as simple as you think they are. They require lots of software and applications to run them.

Des Moines, IA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The wage was really nice, lots of internships don't offer money but this one did.
If I needed a day off the management team was very flexible and would allow me to do so.
The team of individuals I worked with were very nice people.

There was nothing really that I didn't like about the internship. The program is well put together.

I wish I would have known all the aspects of the company and how they all connect.

A Chance to gain confidence and experience

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

networking with upper executives and gaining real world experience

commute, boredom

very flexible and the ability to move around in the company

Operational Analysis and Strategy in large companies

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Full-time employees genuinely want to help the interns succeed.

Often times there are significant periods of downtime.

Work hard and pay attention to detail, if you don't have anything to work on, ask!

Summer Internship Office Duties

Baltimore, MD | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed working on projects that entailed me to test platforms for improvements on the company's system. I also enjoyed meeting new people in the company and learning about their experience if their field of work.

I did not enjoy the presentation that we had to do as I am not the type of person to present type of work I am not interested in. Although, it was a great way to meet new interns in the company.

I believe there could have been a booklet that I could have study before the internship to know what it entails in more details. I process was interesting. I believe I am more entitled to the company if I am accepted for an in-person interview. However, I did get the internship without it so why am I complaining.

Advice to Management

I believe the hiring staff can get back to me sooner.

Do you have any experience with HTML?
How do you keep yourself organized? What notes do you take?
Tell me about an experience that improve a company.

Great exposure to relevant experience and corporate environment

Houston, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendly network that wants to see you succeed and help you learn and grow

The internship was shorter than I wanted

The company culture is amazing; if you find yourself getting ahead in work, go learn from other departments