Intern at BP National Internship Program? Submit a Review

great compensation for continual learning

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work life balance. Compensation. Location.

Commute of 30 minutes to/from CHicago

Don't be afraid to teach yourself before you ask the question

"Best Internship Ever"

Anchorage, AK | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The aspect of learning the job with many opportunities to understand the scope of work and how it can impacts the economy of both the company and community.

Not sure, it was amazing.

Look for opportunities in different avenues. Don't be afraid to ask questions and learn.

How does air flow work?

Advice to Management

Not sure. Make a scavenger hunt of questions so potential interns/employees can ask employees who work there certain questions that help them interact with more individuals.

A valuable career development experience, not just a summer job

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was very helpful and willing to work with me whenever I needed help. The opportunities to go see manufacturing facilities, and and work on an offshore rig were very educational and valuable experience.

With all of the interns that the company had, there was sometimes a lack of communication when trying to involve all of the interns in something.

This company is absolutely great to work for and they don't treat you like a paper pusher intern, but like an employee that they are there to teach and to help. The internship offered by BP is a top notch job that takes very good care of you both financially and personally.

Amazing Experience in Alaska, Not Eaten By Polar Bears

Anchorage, AK | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work Environment/People

Pay

Projects given to the interns were meaningful and were likely to be used after the summer ended.

Holding an office-based position doesn't allow for a ton of exercise during the day.

Don't be afraid to ask questions and learn as much as possible about BP. As an employer, BP is a great choice.

A heat exchanger installed just last year is not functioning properly. Please explain the modes of heat transfer occurring and describe what might be causing the exchanger to malfunction.

Advice to Management

Training for interns would be great upfront, just to get a better idea of the acronyms and data gathering systems would really give our projects a jump-start and interns could excel much more quickly.

I discovered knowledge that transcends that which is learned in the classroom and my own leadership skills

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All the BP interns were treated with respect and help was always readily available

I do not have an answer to this question.

I do not have an answer to this question.

Exciting, challenging, and rewarding experience with BP Reservoir Engineering Team

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone I worked with was always more than willing to put what they were doing on hold and work with me on my project and answer my questions. Very laid back yet productive and friendly atmosphere in which I loved working in. The internship itself was very well structured and I was given a great project to work on, and my project was a real world project not something just pulled off the shelf for an intern to do.

I was put into a role that had no prior experience for even though I did learn how to do my job eventually. I was forced to spend a lot of time getting up to speed rather than working on the project. Seated far away from my team and didn't get to interact with them much.

Work hard, never be afraid to ask questions, and the only thing limiting you at BP is yourself

Given a well diagram with bottom hole and surface equipment pressures and asked "when will well stop flowing on its own?"

Tell me about a time when you showed leadership

Advice to Management

Better incorporation of Interns within teams. (This may be a specific case for me because I was told it was not a widespread issue) the Lunch and Learns were awesome and I greatly enjoyed all of the intern activities.

Fully Vested in Intern Growth and Development

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning, culture, community, benefits and pay

Politics and red tape. Needs WAY more flexibility and better communication between HR, USUR, IST, and other departments

The internship is challenging, but so worth it. It becomes what you make it.

Advice to Management

Needs WAY more flexibility. Too much red tape. Almost patronizing.

Great Experience

flexible

self motivated

didnt feel like i had enough time

take every opportuntiy you can

There was a technical one related to materials

Advice to Management

have the supervisors engage more with the interns

Intensive learning in a friendly atmosphere.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Definitely the work culture. Everyone I worked with was eager to meet me and provide me assistance in any way I could. I never really felt like the "intern." I felt like I was part of the company from day one.

It was also very challenging and an amazing learning experience.

From a social perspective, BP also did their very best to provide us with networking opportunities with the interns and fellow workers.

It may sound cliche, but nothing at all. The only thing that bothered me was waking up early to go to work, and even that wasn't bad since I enjoyed going to work.

Come with an OPEN mind! It will be very intimidating at first, but you definitely need to push yourself and use BP's resources to your advantage. The company provides so many services and they will only help you if you choose to use them.

Advice to Management

Do not bring in as many interns if there are not as many open positions for full-time

Best way to learn and apply what you learn at school. Awesome experience and a nice insight on how you will enjoy your job once you graduate

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Valuable Learning and respectfull stress less environment

Short time, I wish it was longer than two months

Be outgoing and eager to ask questions