Intern at BP National Internship Program? Submit a Review

Fantastic learning experience with great people in a great industry.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Benefits, employee engagement, level of responsibility, trust, respect, and competitive, fun, and challenging tasks.

Timing of intern events was sometimes inconvenient.

Ask questions, be yourself, and network - it makes a world of difference!

What are things to consider when drilling offshore?

What are things to consider when drilling in a foreign country?

Advice to Management

Compensation could be made slightly more competitive.

It helped me discovered my optimum work-style!

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The support from team members and other subject experts in other groups was impressive

Working on relatively area was initially challenging, but allowed lots of room for innovation

If you enjoy a multicultural environment and one which gives a fairly flexible work environment, BP is a great place to look!

I was asked to present scenarios where I exhibited the BP core vales- Courage, Respect, Excellence, Safety and Team

Advice to Management

Although training program is short, allowing interns participate in relevant technical training would be good

Excellent work experience, amazing learning opportunity, and great people all while enjoying Chicago in the summertime!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work-life balance, culture, people, travel, pay, provided housing, full-time job opportunity

Repetitive work everyday

Honestly the best internship around!!

Fun, good leaning experiance, opportunity to meet new people who bcome my good friends.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fun, great place to work, live project, great opportunity to know the company culture.

Time was little short for the amount of work, what I would have expected.

Great place to work. Understand the company culture, and find if you like the company good enough to work for. Meet poeple when you are at intrenship.

A terrific learning experience, a unique opportunity to grow professionally and choose the right career path.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Infinite learning resources, great expertise of the advisers, comfortable working environment, team-oriented efforts, optimal work/life balance, several social and networking initiatives, excellent pay and benefits

I cannot think of something I did not like or I liked least about the internship

Among the numerous things, BP offers infinite learning resources (i.e. cutting-edge software, highest-quality data, etc), an intensive 3-year training program, a comfortable working environment, an optimal work/life balance, several social and networking initiatives, and an excellent pay and benefits

challenging work with world class people

Environment was flexible

People were willing to help and provide feedback

Very structured environment

They really valued my opinion as an intern

I do not have anything that I did not enjoy during my internship

Be open to learn about different aspects of BP and really reach out to whoever you want. Everyone is welcoming and always makes time to share their experience with you.

Why did you choose engineering as a degree?

Learning the Values and Culture of BP

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Company culture, training opportunities, strong values, beautiful campus, competitive compensation

Big company so a little less personable outside of your team, often takes a long time to get something done when other stakeholders involved

Be prepared to work in a team environment, one of the core values is 'One Team' and that is certainly necessary to get things done in this organization. Also I would recommend always being honest and admitting if you don't know the answer to a question, they would rather you have the courage to admit it rather than making stuff up.

BP internship: real work, real impact

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The corporate culture makes it very easy to work at BP. Also, the projects are challenging and important to the company. Needless to say the pay is great as well.

The internship was very structured, and put too much pressure on the end result verses the journey of getting to that point.

When you intern at BP they really consider you as a full time hire, so I suggest not interning there unless you seriously feel BP could be somewhere you want to work for a career.

Why do you want to work in oil& gas?

Advice to Management

Have a less rigid challenge (development) program. Focus more on the new employees and less on checking the "boxes" the program requires.

Challenging, Exciting, and Rewarding Experience.

Anchorage, AK | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

BP covered all of the costs of relocation and housing. They had a really cool three day intern training experience where we learned more about the oil and gas industry and what is BP's long term strategy. Lots of lunch and learns with free lunch! I got to hear from a handful of executives who were offering career advice. All interns presented their summer projects at an event called TechnoFest and there were winners in three categories: Technical Excellence, Business Impact, Safety & Operational Risk.

There was nothing that I did not like.

Learn as much as you can about the energy industry and BP's strategy. Know the business whether you're interning in upstream/downstream.

Tell me about a time you led a team through a difficult transition.

Advice to Management

None.

Exploring mechanical engineering responsibilities in the oil and gas industry

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Was able to go offshore for a total of 12 days, on three seperate trips to get a better understanding of my project and to perform tasks that were valuable to the team. I was given a project that not only would move the team forward but also fine tuned my skills as a young engineer

Nothing comes to mind

You will be doing real engineering work at BP that will help you better understand the oil and gas industry. BP gives interns full-time employee work, not 'busy work'. Very enriching and valuable experience

Bp has two parts to their interview process. Behavioral questions and technical questions. The behavioral are similar to most other companies. But the technical questions are unique in that they evaluate how a candidate thinks through a logic process to achieve a solution.

Advice to Management

Nothing comes to mind