Intern at Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Internship Program? Submit a Review

Not what you expected, in all the right ways

My assigned project matters

I live really far away from The Woodlands, so my commute. No complaints!

Listen, learn, repeat. Know that you are contributing and your work matters.

How do you work in team settings?

Excellent company to learn and grow in

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Freedom to learn as much as I wanted and find an area that I have a deep interest in to develop my project

Drive to the field from home office was lengthy

Spend as much time as you can in the field, there is so much to learn and the time will go by very fast! Take advantage of the one-on-one moments you have with operators, foreman, and contractors; there is a lot of useful knowledge for you to absorb.

Advice to Management

Pre-select individuals ahead of time to find the right person an intern can ride along with. The wrong person can have a major impact on the company's image.

Behavioral based: Can you think of a time you had a confrontation with another person, and what did you do to solve the issue?

Anadarko, leaders of career development.

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experiencing the E&P operations and getting a hands-on experience of working in the oil field. Learning about the vast opportunities for career development and growth.

It only lasted a summer.

Get to the field as often as you can in order to maximize your learning potential! Ask a ton of 'why' questions to operators and personnel.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Behavioral questions

A Summer to Learn and Grow

The Woodlands, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Lots of learning opportunities, great culture and people, plenty of time to network and meet people, 9/80 schedule allowed for lots of 3 day weekends to have a summer and a job!

Nothing, I loved it!

Anadarko cares about making sure you know their culture, so make sure you understand it! Being ethical is critical; that's why I chose this place.

Advice to Management

I think accounting interns should have better training on SAP.

Midstream operations learning and engineering.

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Plenty of opportunity to learn
Great support network
Anadarko wants you to make full use of your free time (not encouraging after-hours work)
Real projects
Full responsibility as an engineer

Hours can be long sometimes when you are in the field
Midland is somewhat dull

The culture at Anadarko is great, and they really care about your development as an employee.

Add value to the company and to yourself

Denver, CO | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Supervisor and Mentor

Volatility of the market could affect a full time offer decision

Work hard, have integrity, add value

All about the culture

Great corporate internship

The Woodlands, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Welcoming environment and real projects

I am not sure

Open communication, ask for help

Intern learns wide scope of oilfield

Denver, CO | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

There are so many opportunities to learn things that is not typical in classroom coursework. You have the ability to see the full view of what your job entails and how it works in a greater system. You also get to learn about other people's jobs and makes you a well-rounded employee. Additionally, you get to meet some of the movers and shakers of the company (and possibly the industry) as a student, which is important to building your network.

I work in the field office, and we have intern events in Denver (an hour away). Sometimes these events are three times a week and it makes it hard to be productive.

Everyone here is very friendly and teamwork is imperative to getting your work done. You are expected to reach out for help and learn as much as you can.

An opportunity for professional growth, training, selfless service, and learning.

The Woodlands, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

They really invest in you, and give you many opportunities to learn. The project I was given holds real value, and I am treated as part of the team. People are always willing to help, and if an individual does not have the answer to something, they will refer you to somebody who does.

No dislikes

The role you will have may potentially be less technical than you would think coming out of school. Instead, you will be using your analytical thinking skills to solve problems.

What do you know about Anadarko?

What separates you from other candidates?

Anadarko Interns feel Valued

The Woodlands, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Number of trainings received (SQL, sharepoint, etc.)
-Many Lunch and Learns (ex: free paid lunch while being taught how to make the most of your career)
-Availability of employees: make appts and talk to whoever
-Open Communication: Encouraged by VP of HR to come visit his office to talk (even without apt)
-Paid Volunteer Opportunity
-Weekly status meetings with IT interns to make sure all is well
-9/80 schedule

Lack of racial and gender diversity in terms of current employees (interns were of diverse races and genders)

Know Anadarko core values - employees truly live by them and they are repeated often in meetings, and luncheons

Advice to Management

Noticed that IT new hires weren't very racially diverse, increase racial diversity

Name a time you worked with a difficult team member