Intern at 3M Internship Program? Submit a Review

The Longest Job Interview Ever :)

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the opportunity to do work that has impact on the 3M business

No comments, really-- Would have liked the opportunity for more partner work

Do not wait until the last minute to complete your project work!

Design work, networking, learning

Austin, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great people and opportunities

The internship was a great experience. I have no dislikes.

Work hard, have good work ethic, network

Advice to Management

The internship was great.

What challenges have you faced as a team leader? What projects have you lead?

Outside sales internship

Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Got to learn more about a large account and interact with others

More analytics then I thought with a sales internship

Everything was presented upfront to me
People wanting to join it's best for them to have prior knowledge about the company besides just post-it's

Professional Growth and Opportunity to Maximize Key Strengths

Minneapolis, MN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The development of relationships was a key aspect of the 3M internship. Also, the team building activities and the tour of the plant.

I did not like the housing. Stadium View was very unclean. The smell of the facility was horrible and there was not a way to open a window or door.

I wish I would have known the extent of the groups within 3M. 3M is a large company! The knowledge of the different departments would be great knowledge to have before hand.

Advice to Management

My supervisor was AWESOME! She was not a micro manger and gave great feedback.

Great

Salt Lake City, UT | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

the project I worked on

no dislikes

study up about the technical langues you are using in school

Innovation fostered by invested individuals working to improve lives.

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Support/freedom

Undefined territory

Although this organization is huge, the support and availability of individuals across industries and positions is incredible.

Advice to Management

I think training could be improved. I did receive a crash course because my time here was short, but it needed to be slowed down.

Tell me a time where you set a goal and didn't achieve it.

Best corporate finance internship in the twin cities

Minneapolis, MN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the culture

Meetings as well as not being able to work overtime

The wide variety of industries and potential job opportunities

If 3M is a global company the US dollar decreases, how does that impact 3M's sales?

A one-of-a-kind, amazing learning experience that will effectively jump-start your career

Des Moines, IA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with multiple different employees to understand their job functions and determine a career path for myself was especially helpful, having a training week at the headquarters which allowed advanced learning and collaboration with fellow interns was fulfilling, being able to co-lead a project was an eye-opening and very developmental experience.

Sometimes the communication from my mentor was minimal due to vacation conflicts, the project I was working on was a bit unclear from the start which hindered progress.

There are so many opportunities and locations available to work at within 3M as a company, so you can move around to different divisions within 3M if you are looking for another job. 3M is very accommodating to most any life issues, and they have a great company culture and belief system that puts them above the rest.

Advice to Management

n/a - I haven't been able to experience most of what the company offers in terms of employee retention, promotion policies, and training. I do know that the pay is very good and competitive, and the company is also diverse.

n/a

Great Learning Experience Working with a Variety of Different People

Saint Paul, MN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Informational Interviews, career and peer mentorship, group project and intern bonding, atmosphere within company

Information Technology is a very quiet and introverted environment, that which I am not accustomed nor do I enjoy. But that's the same in most companies.

Great opportunities within the company given professionals move from one area to the next after 2 years in each position. Potential to have multiple careers within the same company. People here stay for decades because of the ability to jump around if they want to try something new.

Advice to Management

Full-time compensation could be better. Pretty standard relative to market average but made me question as to if it was worth it.

Tell me about a time when you worked in a team.

Great opportunity to explore the company

Minneapolis, MN | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Team treated me like I was one more engineer with all the responsibilities one would expect.

Work was fairly secluded so there is not a lot of human interaction.

Try to figure out early on if the job is for you, and if not, make sure you network ALL summer to find a group that might be a good fit but keep doing the best you can at your job.

Advice to Management

More clear guidelines when it comes to working hours, overtime, how to handle holidays, etc.