Intern at 3M Internship Programs? Submit a Review

Amazing experience for Marketing/Sales students! Whatever you're looking for, 3M HAS! AND they do it BETTER.

Saint Paul, MN | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Competitively paid internship, great subsidized housing (luxurious apartments), Expensed Rental Car provided, Opportunity to network with top-level executives, Training and Orientation is highly structured and beneficial, Program Manager takes care of her interns like we're her children (super organized as well)

I cannot think of any reasons why I did not like the internship. It was an all-around amazing experience for me!

If you are looking for an organization that takes care of their employees, provides great pay, and has plenty of opportunities for growth, then 3M is the company for you! 3M allows you to have multiple careers while staying within the same company!

Advice to Management

For those who are entering Sales, perhaps a class teaching territory management would be more helpful. I know a lot of interns struggled with that aspect.

Tell me about yourself.
Tell me about what you like and don't like about your current sales job.
What divisions of 3M would you like to work in?
What are your plans after graduation?
Do you have any questions for me? (ALWAYS HAVE QUESTIONS FOR THE RECRUITER.)

A great opportunity to network and achieve personal growth in the industry

Minneapolis, MN | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to network with other interns working in various different departments.

The "office" life. I am used to very fast paced work where I constantly have something to do so the adjustment to a desk job in an office was a little hard to get used to having downtime.

The most valuable information I have to offer is to not be afraid to reach out to people in the organization, that is my one regret- I wish I had done it earlier on to get more contacts in the company. The network here is phenomenal and that you should take advantage of it!

A great opportunitiy to learn about industry R&D with excellent coworkers and innovative science.

Saint Paul, MN | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had good supervisors who were helpful in discussions of science but also let me pursue my own ideas in my research project. Everyone I met with gave me good advice for working in industry and was very willing to spend time discussing their career experiemce.

There was no direction or steps to follow for how to pursue full-time employment at 3M for interns who were interested.

Make sure to find people to talk to and put your name out there. It is up to you to network and make good contacts.

-Describe your research.
-What division/area of research are you interested in at 3M?

Student helps company improve testing procedures and deliver product to customers

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The office atmosphere and people that I worked with were great. I had the opportunity to learn many different things from all different people at 3M and got a chance to work on a team.

Communication between one of the branches of 3M (Wallingford, CT) to corporate to finalize tax/payroll information was sometimes difficult.

The social environment at 3M is awesome and everyone is open and willing to help you learn and become a valuable team member. There are many opportunities to learn different things.

I was able to learn about the job and the company.

Saint Paul, MN | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

There were a lot of opportunities to get involved and meet new people. There was a major emphasis on networking which encouraged enjoyable socials.

There was a 12 week limit to the internship which restricted how involved I could get with projects.

Be prepared and expect to learn new things and meet new people.

Advice to Management

I assume setting a 12 week internship limit helps with budgeting purposes, but I feel like I could have benefited from working a couple more weeks.

The interview took place almost a year ago. I cannot recall any specific questions.

Optimized Operations is a great start to 3M career!

Des Moines, IA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given training, a direct supervisor, program director and mentor all were helpful for success. They want their interns to succeed and come back to work fulltime.

The training didn't always make sense because we did not know our projects. We also were in different plants and did not get to do some of the activities that other 3M interns got to do.

3M treats their interns and employees really well. They want you to succeed.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about employment, job openings, transitions, etc.

Challenging growth opportunity amongst a reputable company that cares about your success

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The corporate culture was amazing. People at 3M really love their jobs. You can network with people in many diverse functions and businesses because of the wide portfolio of products and industries that 3M plays a part in.

I have no cons about the internship.

Be flexible, ask questions, do more than what is expected of you. Also, the networking opportunities at 3M are endless so put yourself out there.

Interesting

Benefits, name recognition, brand

Conservative culture

Be prepared to adjust to the company culture, work hard and be yourself

College Student Gains Valuable Industry Perspective as 3M R&D Intern

Saint Paul, MN | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Feeling of impact in the company, presentation experience, networking

Having to return home!

Apply and try to talk to someone in the company to hear about their work.

Advice to Management

Employ more women in the technical divisions and R&D labs.

Describe a project you are passionate about, and he also asked about things on my resume.

Working with the Best in Business EyyDayyyyy

Minneapolis, MN | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked the people and the projects that I worked on. Both gave me great insights to the company.

The living arrangements. But even those were still great; not many bad things to say.

Just know yourself, do some research about the company, and determine if it's the right fit for you.

Advice to Management

N/A

Know how to analyze popular financial statements and you'll be good to go.

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.