Intern at Intel Internship Program? Submit a Review

Super Challenging Mix of Performance Analysis and Softwar/Hardware Engineering

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities for research and publication

The crowded parking lot without any shade on sunny days.

General things: Do you know what is important to the company?; and do you know how specifically you can contribute?

This is Awesome!

Flexibility, experience, learning, pay

I live too far away from the office

Very good learning experience

Advice to Management

My manager is awesome

Opportunistic

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The benefits that come along with being an Intel employee.

Not permited a cubicle

Networking opportunities abound.

Envision the Future

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

My mentor, helped me grow

none. loved everything

be prepared to design the future

Advice to Management

make it easier to publish. less patents more papers. But intel is still a GPTW

Good Times

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Freedom to work hard a learn quite a bit. Independent work that actually supports department projects. Real work. Kinda.

Probably could use more feedback.

make sure to network/get to know as many people as possible

Advice to Management

none

More to learn

San Jose, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Get a lot of experience in building a real product, also know a lot of people in the industry.

Sometimes the work is a little tedious, but not that serious.

Try to learn more in the company, don't just stuck at where you are.

Great place to work where you are a contributing member of a team, not a temporary project based man.

Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Loved the experience. i fulfilled a role that I would expect to do straight out of college. Not there to be a support for team members, but was an actual team member

Not a fan of California.

Have fun and network like crazy. If you dont like where you are, most likely Intel has an oppertunity doing something you will like. they really encourage moving around to various roles.

Advice to Management

I didn't feel that management had an interst in myself as a person. My manager was great, but higher up management took no effort to get to know me or make me feel welcome.

I learned more over the last 6 months than I have in the 3 years I have been at college.

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning professional CAD tools.

I did not like that I had to drive through rush hour to get to work.

It is one of the best internship experiences out there. Intel really knows how to treat their interns and make sure they have the best experience possible.

I learned how to effectively manage a factory.

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given a lot of reponsibility and had actual control of the factory. I like the management aspect as well as the technical side of the job. I was able to work on my decision making skills and improve my verbal communication during this internship.

I had to work a weird shift to match the operators and technicians in the factory.

Intel is a great company and I feel they put their interns in a position to expand their knowledge as well as letting them contribute to something that matters within the company.

Advice to Management

I cannot think of anything. I was in management so I recieved a unique experience on my internship.

Good friends, great money, actual work, and flexibility

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being treated as a valued contributor rather than as a know-nothing student. My input is appreciated here, and that really resonated with me.

Unlike other big names in tech companies, Intel puts less emphasis on small perks like free cafeteria lunches (which would've been great, because the Intel Café has good food).

Ownership is key. Everything at Intel comes down to project ownership. If you own your projects, and are willing to treat them like the most important things happening in your work-life, you can expect to be successful. Care about the things that are assigned to you in the same way that Noyce and Moore cared about Intel when it got started.

Advice to Management

New Employee Orientation needs some kind of overhaul. That was a 7 hour meeting jam-packed with just about 2 hours worth of agenda items. I think it'd be nice if NEO were either shortened due to lack of content, or filled with more valuable information.