Southwestern Advantage Sales & Leadership Program Internship

Date: 2012

Growth in every aspect of your life

The mentorship and leadership of the student managers you worn with and the close friendships you make. Also the independence of running your own business and being able to learn through trial and error.

Learning accounting

The hours we work are for a reason, sales is all about working the hardest and seeing the most prospects. So if you are looking for An internship where you can just show up to he able to put it on your resume this is not for you.

Advice to Management

Honestly I wouldn't change a thing.

Date: 2012

Baylor Student Overcomes Challenges and Solves Problems to Gain Experience of a Lifetime and Prepare for Future

mentorship, corporate culture, training, support, encouragement, pay, independene

All work and sleep. Not much balance.

Commit to working hard, being coachable, and finishing.

Date: 2012

The single best place for a college student to grow as a person and develop an amazing skill for their future.

The leadership was great. The responsibilities given gave a huge opportunity for growth and development. The people in the internship were incredibly motivated and fun to be around. I learned more about myself in one summer than in the rest of college combined.

I disliked the rejection as most people do. However, without the rejection, I am not sure I would have learned as much.

You need to be fully committed. When facing rejection and failure it is easy to want to give up. Persist and it will be more than worth it.

Date: 2012

Southwestern Advantage internship is the best internship in the country to develop essential life skills and hit goals

The people I worked with, getting to talk to so many different families.

The hot weather outdoors.

If you can work hard, absolutely do the internship.

Advice to Management

none.

Date: 2012

Outside of the box sales internship that provides unlimited growth and income potential while setting oneself apart from the normal co crowd

Personal Growth, Positive Corporate Culture, Income Potential, Coworkers, Travel Opportunities, etc.

Long Hours, Work Ethic is a MUST, Door-to-Door sales, Unconvential.

Best thing I ever did in college to seperate myself from even above average students. Every job interview that I have received straight out of college is opened with the line "We don't usually interview college students or recent college grads, but considering your resume and experience..."

Advice to Management

You are awesome, never stop being awesome.

Date: 2012

Best Sales Training in America!

Meeting different people from all walks of life and learning to handle my emotions.

The rejection was pretty tough, but you learn to not take rejection personally.

It is a lot of work, but it is designed to help you get prepared for the future and the long-term.

Date: 2012

The most challenging experience I have ever had in my life, but I gained amazing skills, a big paycheck, and close friends.

The mentoring relationship I had with all the managers. They genuinely cared about me more as a person than simply an intern.

Well, it pulled me completely out of my comfort zone and forced me to face failure over and over again, so I guess the things I "liked" the least are the reasons I grew the most,

This internship is not for the type of person who just wants to scrape by doing the bare minimum. If you are willing to work hard and learn new things, then this Internship will force you to grow in all aspects of your life. Learning how to run your own business and develop a client base from scratch in a very extreme environment will help you realize you can actually achieve anything you put your mind to.

Advice to Management

More character growth training rather than a lot of technical training

Date: 2012

If you can work hard when no one is watching, you can't place a value on what you'll receive from this program.

AMAZING peers, mentors and leaders, development of a positive mental attitude, problem solving skills, communication skills, being rewarded based on performance, and not just a hourly wage, promotion of a positive thing within a community (families' education).

In order to do really well, one must be totally devoted to the summer and be completely focused on the task at hand. It is not difficult to become homesick and with anything where compensation is performance based, there is a level of stress involved. If you trust in the training and the numbers, it ALWAYS works out in the end.

Read whatever you want and then forget about it. If you can work hard, study hard and be coachable, want to have an adventure for a summer, then go for it. It is one summer out of 80 plus we wil have in our lives. A bad summer isn't the end of the world (though it seems scary), but a great summer WILL change your life for the better.

Advice to Management

The compensation is great. The hours, with respect to the type of work, are necessary to have great performance. I would say training, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how good a trainer is, but it matters whether the trainee has learned and wil apply what he or she was taught.

Boot Camp for Life

The amount of growth that I received in all aspects of my life was by far the most rewarding part of the internship. I definitely made more money than I anticipated and received more recognition, but the values that I carried out of my summer have completely changed how I relate to people. I gained experience not only in running a business, but also in parts of my life where I have never been completely independent.

The things that I liked least about the internship, like rejection from prospects and long hours away from home, I would never take out of the experience. They were challenges that I worked through and am better for because of them.

This internship is not meant for the faint of heart and those not ready to commit to pushing themselves through hard tasks; however, so long as a person is honest, coachable, and committed, they can without a doubt succeed in the program.

Advice to Management

I believe better communication concerning events that occur throughout the school year would be a good thing to work on. They have had over 150 years to work out the other kinks.

Date: 2012

Unparalleled opportunity to grow, challenge yourself, and make good money doing it!

Great leadership, awesome coworkers, fun meetings

Long hours, rejection

Be coachable

Advice to Management

More group activities before sales school

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)