West Monroe Partners Consulting Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Consulting Internships  /  #18 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Exciting fast-paced environment with great people and a lot of fun

Being able to travel to clients. Very autonomous work with no micromanagement. Awesome social scene.

Really, not much. It was a great summer

If you like having fun with the people you work with then this is the place

Real world experience.

exposure, a good combination of learning and doing, making a difference, intern events.

nothing that i cant think of

give off the work hard play hard attitude

Advice to Management

nothing

Date: 2013

Great experience where you are challenged daily to learn a lot and grow.

Direct client contact Full resposabilities as a consultant

A lot more activities could have been organized to get to know the other interns.

A great firm where you will be challenged on day one and where you will learn a lot and grow in your career.

Date: 2013

An Internship where anyone is willing to not only talk to you, but also listen to you too.

I felt valuable both with the work I did and in the social aspect of the company.

I shadowed a consultant longer than I wanted.

The main product WMP produces is its people and it shows. These are smart people who are willing to share their knowledge and maybe more importantly they are people who are enjoyable to work with day in and day out.

Date: 2013

Real work, real clients, real fun.

Had a ton of exposure to clients (even C-level), was able to take on additional responsibility, very real-life work at the same level which I was exposed to after returning

It's hard to remember anything negative about my internship experience

Pursuing an internship is the best way that you can try out WMP and consulting in general. it's really difficult to know what consulting is, and personal experience will help you understand if you like/fit in with WMP's very specific and special culture.

Date: 2013

Great internship, lots of hours, lots of work, fun

Fun experience

Hours were decent, but a lot more is expected if you go full-time. Not enough internal/external support on solo-projects - out there expectations occasionally

It's a great experience. Network, and work hard.

Sustainability Fellow Manages Successful Project

Good learning opportunity, given room to take ownership of a project

Some internship team activities distracted from project work / career growth

Take advantage of the opportunity, seek out responsibilities

Advice to Management

Give the interns opportunity to try new things and grow themselves and the company's service offerings

Date: 2013

Rewarding and successful consulting experience with alot of exsposure to the real world.

The work that I performed was done directly for a client, and was utilized.

At this time I can't say that I disliked anything.

Must be motivated and willing to learn.

Advice to Management

At this time I don't believe that I disliked any aspects of West Monroe Partners.

3-Month Trial Run for Full-Time Employment

You are treated the same as a full-time hire, getting opportunities and exporsure to many different things. In addition, the support structure put in place is wonderful.

The compensation, specifcally housing. I would have liked to stay close to the office, but there was no subsidy for housing, so I had to stay further from the office, reducing my opportunities to spend more time with my co-workers.

In the consulting world, much of the success that you have comes down to the experience and people you are exposed to. Make sure that you think "can I work with this person for 12 - 15 hours a day" as you interview with them, because you will spend more time with these people than your own families.

Date: 2013

The responsibilities given to me and the willingness of others to teach & mentor me made this one of the best experiences of my life.

Interns are given the same responsibilities and workload as full-time employees. Culture is inclusive and supportive--employees are genuinely interested in teaching and mentoring others. Culture feels very lateral; it is extremely easy to talk to anyone in the organization include the CEO, President, and Practice Directors. Everyone cares about preserving the culture and making it a fun place to work.

Intern class may not be very tightly knit because of varying traveling schedules.

If you're looking for an environment that will throw you in the deep end to accelerate your learning, this is the internship you want.