The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program

Date: 2013

The most fun and fulfilling summer I have ever had while working hard at the same time

-The people are a ton of fun to work with -There are lots of great events and activities to participate in every week outside of work -The culture is very fun and upbeat -Everyone is very willing to help you when you need it -The money is good and the hours are not bad at all -The opportunity to travel if desired makes the experience so much more exciting -The opportunity to contibute to the team and the amount of ownership given to interns right from the start is outstanding

Sometimes the work that you are asked to do can come with veyr little instructions and can seem quite ambiguous at the beginning. However, this allows you to really take ownership of your module and make it what you want it to be.

You need to get some sort of a sense of how much you want to travel because it is possible that you will be on the road Monday through Thursday every week. This sounds like a lot of fun to some people, but not so much fun to others. There is probably about a 50-60% chance of being on a traveling project during the summer internship, but the staffinf coordinaters do try to take and preferences or requests that you might have into account as much as possible.

Advice to Management

I think the benefits are amazing but the salary/bonus is a bit low. I think it would be better to even scale back some of the money spent on team dinners, events, etc. and use it to offer a higher salary.

Date: 2013

Learn, laugh, and grow with BCG's one of a kind internship

The awesome people, the challenging and stimulating work, and the friendly and down to earth company culture. I also got to travel to client sites which was a unique experience.

Honestly, nothing comes to mind.

If you aren't afraid to be thrown into a challenging environment, one in which you're forced to quickly learn and work hard, then this internship is for you.

Advice to Management

Honestly, nothing really comes to mind again.

Date: 2013

BCG is a place to learn and develop further than anywhere else in the world.

The people at BCG have been amazing. We have had terrific access to people at all levels in the organization.

It's difficult to take a full role on the project as an intern because of the timing and your capabilities when you start.

Over-communicate, take advantage of the access in the firm, and enjoy yourself!

Date: 2013

Action packed learning with very smart people

the people, and the client and the resources for learning

nothing, I think the internship program is very good

nothing to share at this time

Advice to Management

NA

Date: 2013

Amazing people; impactful work; excellent opportunities and growth

1. Quality of the people in the firm and the support they give interns 2. Development opportunities 3. Perks / benefits

It being client services

Try to get a sense for the firm and office culture

Date: 2013

The juice was worth the squeeze: BCG is as good as advertised.

Varied work experience, good exposure to an actual case and responsbilities, ample opportunities to determine fit with the office

Some content of the in-office portion of training during orientation could have been more effectively delivered in pre-read slides.

Take a large sample and determine if you are a true fit with the people of the organization, not just the brand prestige.

Date: 2013

A rewarding and stretching learning experience

Steep learning curve. Expected to do real work.

Nothing negative to say. I've really enjoyed my time. Honest truth.

Can't think of anything I'd rather do out of undergrad.

Date: 2013

Travel a steep learning curve with the help of great and intelligent people

Meeting great people; being trusted with work for a client; learning a ton

There are times that the case is not the most interesting

BCG is the best and guaranteed wonderful summer experience

Advice to Management

Nothing

Date: 2013

Experienced outstanding dedication to developing, challenging, and supporting the individual, a real community

Office mates and friends, hanging out on the weekends, Starwood points and flying business class

It can be challenging to adjust to the time management - you manage your own hours which can be long, but are much better when managed well and balanced against sleep, etc.

If you care about integrity, creativity and critically thinking about how to deliver value for a client, BCG is a good fit work-wise. If you like being around sociable, friendly, extremely smart people who are absolutely dedicated to sharing their experiences, BCG is a good fit people-wise.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have more senior women role models

Date: 2013

When everyone in the office including the partners say they're jealous of the interns, pay attention.

Summer Intern Events (happy hours, summer architectural boat tour, Second City, Partner Intern Dinner, Cubs Game, BBQ, etc.), Passport lunches (free lunches where you can take a partner or principle out to lunch), Office retreat to Mackinac Island in Lake Michigan, sponsored significant other visit during the summer, ability to take ownership on a module, ideas treated with respect and interest even though you are young, interesting intelligent and down-to-earth people surrounding you

Sometimes it is intimidating being surrounded by very competent, fast, and intelligent people on your case team who seem to know exactly what they are doing, where you find yourself struggling to keep up when usually things come easy. I feel very intellectually challenged, but I think that is a good thing too.

This job is both intellectually challenging, yet they really care about their people and try to make the job as sustainable as possible. They realize that getting the internship is very challenging and that gives you street cred as you walk in the door.

Advice to Management

N/A

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)