The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program

Date: 2013

Experienced outstanding dedication to developing, challenging, and supporting the individual, a real community

Office mates and friends, hanging out on the weekends, Starwood points and flying business class

It can be challenging to adjust to the time management - you manage your own hours which can be long, but are much better when managed well and balanced against sleep, etc.

If you care about integrity, creativity and critically thinking about how to deliver value for a client, BCG is a good fit work-wise. If you like being around sociable, friendly, extremely smart people who are absolutely dedicated to sharing their experiences, BCG is a good fit people-wise.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have more senior women role models

Date: 2013

When everyone in the office including the partners say they're jealous of the interns, pay attention.

Summer Intern Events (happy hours, summer architectural boat tour, Second City, Partner Intern Dinner, Cubs Game, BBQ, etc.), Passport lunches (free lunches where you can take a partner or principle out to lunch), Office retreat to Mackinac Island in Lake Michigan, sponsored significant other visit during the summer, ability to take ownership on a module, ideas treated with respect and interest even though you are young, interesting intelligent and down-to-earth people surrounding you

Sometimes it is intimidating being surrounded by very competent, fast, and intelligent people on your case team who seem to know exactly what they are doing, where you find yourself struggling to keep up when usually things come easy. I feel very intellectually challenged, but I think that is a good thing too.

This job is both intellectually challenging, yet they really care about their people and try to make the job as sustainable as possible. They realize that getting the internship is very challenging and that gives you street cred as you walk in the door.

Advice to Management

N/A

Providing impact even during short 10 week internship

the case team, the people, engagement with partners

I didn't get to travel

the case interview is very similar to the actual job

Date: 2013

Travel a steep learning curve with the help of great and intelligent people

Meeting great people; being trusted with work for a client; learning a ton

There are times that the case is not the most interesting

BCG is the best and guaranteed wonderful summer experience

Advice to Management

Nothing

Date: 2013

Incredible experience at top-notch firm

The people at BCG and the work.

Sometimes hours are long but it was always management.

It's an incredible place with a special culture - everyone loves it here!

Date: 2013

Fast paced learning experience with extremely valuable returns

Really enjoyed working in the team environment and collaborating with other consultants. The project was very interesting and I was given real work that added value to our team.

The learning curve is pretty steep in the first week or so and it takes some time to develop the skills needed to succeed.

Investing time up front to learn about your project will allow you to deliver impact early in the internship.

Advice to Management

Internship training was relatively short, it might be beneficial to spend a few more hours learning the tools that interns use most during the summer.

Date: 2013

The perfect transition from education to professional growth

The people, the content, the skills, the responsibility, the training, the support, the perks, the work/life balance, the respect, the other interns, the travel, the location, the feedback

Nothing specific comes to mind!

Ask lots of questions, speak up, listen well, stay calm and in control, be humble, ask for help, this is the best place to grow and accelerate your career

Advice to Management

No specific advice comes to mind

Date: 2013

A snapshot of the education you'll receive as a management consultant, with the social support network to help you transition

The reality of my case experience, the sense of ownership I felt over my work, and the social connections the company helped facilitate

Most interns, including myself, were only exposed to one case experience--would be nice if timing worked out to get multiple, shorter experiences

This is definitely the best job you can have as a 22-year-old, and starting as an intern softens the transition to an extremely challenging profession

Date: 2013

Excellent introduction to consulting and life at BCG

all employees caring a lot about the interns intern events

Nothing in particular comes to mind

Getting to know the people is the best way to get a good feel for the company and what it is about.

Date: 2013

Amazing learning experience, got everything I wished for and more

People, challenge, fun.

I didn't like the LA traffic so much

Demanding job, challenging and requires a lot of soft skills.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)