The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program

Date: 2013

Travel a steep learning curve with the help of great and intelligent people

Meeting great people; being trusted with work for a client; learning a ton

There are times that the case is not the most interesting

BCG is the best and guaranteed wonderful summer experience

Advice to Management

Nothing

Date: 2013

Experienced outstanding dedication to developing, challenging, and supporting the individual, a real community

Office mates and friends, hanging out on the weekends, Starwood points and flying business class

It can be challenging to adjust to the time management - you manage your own hours which can be long, but are much better when managed well and balanced against sleep, etc.

If you care about integrity, creativity and critically thinking about how to deliver value for a client, BCG is a good fit work-wise. If you like being around sociable, friendly, extremely smart people who are absolutely dedicated to sharing their experiences, BCG is a good fit people-wise.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have more senior women role models

Date: 2013

Action packed learning with very smart people

the people, and the client and the resources for learning

nothing, I think the internship program is very good

nothing to share at this time

Advice to Management

NA

Date: 2013

BCG is a place to learn and develop further than anywhere else in the world.

The people at BCG have been amazing. We have had terrific access to people at all levels in the organization.

It's difficult to take a full role on the project as an intern because of the timing and your capabilities when you start.

Over-communicate, take advantage of the access in the firm, and enjoy yourself!

Date: 2013

The most fun and fulfilling summer I have ever had while working hard at the same time

-The people are a ton of fun to work with -There are lots of great events and activities to participate in every week outside of work -The culture is very fun and upbeat -Everyone is very willing to help you when you need it -The money is good and the hours are not bad at all -The opportunity to travel if desired makes the experience so much more exciting -The opportunity to contibute to the team and the amount of ownership given to interns right from the start is outstanding

Sometimes the work that you are asked to do can come with veyr little instructions and can seem quite ambiguous at the beginning. However, this allows you to really take ownership of your module and make it what you want it to be.

You need to get some sort of a sense of how much you want to travel because it is possible that you will be on the road Monday through Thursday every week. This sounds like a lot of fun to some people, but not so much fun to others. There is probably about a 50-60% chance of being on a traveling project during the summer internship, but the staffinf coordinaters do try to take and preferences or requests that you might have into account as much as possible.

Advice to Management

I think the benefits are amazing but the salary/bonus is a bit low. I think it would be better to even scale back some of the money spent on team dinners, events, etc. and use it to offer a higher salary.

Date: 2013

Amazing learning experience, got everything I wished for and more

People, challenge, fun.

I didn't like the LA traffic so much

Demanding job, challenging and requires a lot of soft skills.

Date: 2013

Learn, laugh, and grow with BCG's one of a kind internship

The awesome people, the challenging and stimulating work, and the friendly and down to earth company culture. I also got to travel to client sites which was a unique experience.

Honestly, nothing comes to mind.

If you aren't afraid to be thrown into a challenging environment, one in which you're forced to quickly learn and work hard, then this internship is for you.

Advice to Management

Honestly, nothing really comes to mind again.

Date: 2013

Best summer experience you can get

People I work with are great We have significant positive impact on client

Short deadlines

BCG is full of great people

Date: 2013

Amazing opportunity to be a part of BCG, get to know the firm, and have real responsibilities and impact at the client.

1. Large intern class allowed for many insights into the firm & work 2. Very structured program- great balance of social activities, firm knowledge sessions, and work

1. some interns were on projects they didn't love, but that is the case at any consulting firm.

Talk to the people. If you like interacting with BCG people, you'll love it here. BCG doesn't put up a false front when recruiting, so take note of what they are saying!

Date: 2013

Great introduction into consulting.

Working with other smart, talented, and nice people.

The hours can be long sometimes.

Ask for feedback from your supervisor.