The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program

Intern at The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Student experiences tremendous growth, it's just the beginning.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Continuous feedback from peers and supervisors, responsibility for real work that was presented to clients, responsive HR department, activities to build relationships with other interns that went beyond happy hours, and welcoming culture.

Would have liked to have a forum for sharing experiences with peers earlier in the summer (didn't start until 3/4 done).

Beyond the baseline of being prepared to comfortably work thorugh a case the most important thing you can do to prepare is build a relationship with one of the recruiters or staff members at the firm you are interested in. Doing so differentates you from the crowd and gives you an internal advocate which is incredibly important.

Advice to Management

I am very satisfied with BCGs culture and policies.

The best summer with some of the most intelligent and passionate people in the world.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people you work with and the culture of learning

the hours can get long and take organization to handle

look at the culture of the office and the organization you are joining.

Exceeded expectations on all metrics.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Interesting and impactful project work
-Great firm culture and opportunities for development
-Great exposure to partners and more senior BCG'ers
-Flexibility in terms of post-internship opportunities (location)
-Firm was genuinely interested in meeting my personal and career goals

-Was difficult to get to know less senior staff (however, understandable in such a large office)

Do whatever it takes to strengthen your candidacy with BCG...the hard-work pays off.

Attention Candidates Looking to Make Copies and Pick up Coffee: Steer Clear of BCG
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real work, client interaction, bright and interesting colleagues, office culture, social aspect

No clear negatives stand out.

When considering BCG, understand that your training, your office resources and your colleagues will put you in a place for success but that you will be routinely pushed outside of your comfort zone. You will be asked to do work equivalent to a full-time employee for large and powerful clients. The result is an unparalleled growth opportunity. You will be delighted by a full social schedule revealing that life doesn't end after college.

Advice to Management

I would mandate a minimum level of participation in optional training sessions of one's choice to ensure that the interns take full advantage of the resources provided to them

fantastic
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

the intense focus on my development and learning, the interest in helping me balance work and life responsibilities

there is nothing I did not like

I had opportunities at other major consulting companies and pursued BCG because of the smart and interesting people with whom I interacted throughout the recruiting process.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Interning at BCG was the best investment I could have made in myself and my career
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of responsibility they gave you--they treated me like a real employee

I wish I could have traveled more

BCG is a great place to grow, especially for someone coming out of undergrad because of its diamond structure. You will not get the same learning experience at any other firm--including McKinsey and Bain.

High impact from day one.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

They did a great job building comraderie among interns. Great balance between social and professional get togethers.

I was going to school about 45 minutes away so had a bit of a commute.

You have to be prepared to adapt quickly and handle a great deal of ambiguity.

Unparalleled experience with smart, down-to-earth people in an incredible city.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Brilliant teammates, intellectually challenging work, quality work-life balance.

Very little actually.

Be sure to think long-term!

2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing internship program at BCG - I can't imagine enjoying my work more than I did this summer.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My colleagues were incredibly helpful and wonderful to work with. They worked hard to make sure that I had everything I needed to make a decision on my full-time offer and I had ample opportunities to interact with everyone from analysts to partners. It's a real family environment in the Detroit office. They also paid us very generously and sincerely wanted to make sure we had a meaningful, developmental experience. I have so many great memories of my summer - especially a lot of the events outside of work that the office held to make sure we were having fun on the weekends!

I was sad to find out that one of my colleagues from the internship class did not get an offer to come back full time. He was aware early on in the internship that he might not be meeting expectations and I think the firm was very fair with him, but still it was tough to see him leave.

Get out to events where you can meet and interact with the people that make up BCG. Ultimately, the people are what makes it such a rewarding place to work. If you can meet people from the actual location where you are trying to be placed, that's even better.