The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program

Date: 2013

The juice was worth the squeeze: BCG is as good as advertised.

Varied work experience, good exposure to an actual case and responsbilities, ample opportunities to determine fit with the office

Some content of the in-office portion of training during orientation could have been more effectively delivered in pre-read slides.

Take a large sample and determine if you are a true fit with the people of the organization, not just the brand prestige.

Date: 2013

Experienced outstanding dedication to developing, challenging, and supporting the individual, a real community

Office mates and friends, hanging out on the weekends, Starwood points and flying business class

It can be challenging to adjust to the time management - you manage your own hours which can be long, but are much better when managed well and balanced against sleep, etc.

If you care about integrity, creativity and critically thinking about how to deliver value for a client, BCG is a good fit work-wise. If you like being around sociable, friendly, extremely smart people who are absolutely dedicated to sharing their experiences, BCG is a good fit people-wise.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have more senior women role models

Date: 2013

A rewarding and stretching learning experience

Steep learning curve. Expected to do real work.

Nothing negative to say. I've really enjoyed my time. Honest truth.

Can't think of anything I'd rather do out of undergrad.

Date: 2013

Travel a steep learning curve with the help of great and intelligent people

Meeting great people; being trusted with work for a client; learning a ton

There are times that the case is not the most interesting

BCG is the best and guaranteed wonderful summer experience

Advice to Management

Nothing

Date: 2013

When everyone in the office including the partners say they're jealous of the interns, pay attention.

Summer Intern Events (happy hours, summer architectural boat tour, Second City, Partner Intern Dinner, Cubs Game, BBQ, etc.), Passport lunches (free lunches where you can take a partner or principle out to lunch), Office retreat to Mackinac Island in Lake Michigan, sponsored significant other visit during the summer, ability to take ownership on a module, ideas treated with respect and interest even though you are young, interesting intelligent and down-to-earth people surrounding you

Sometimes it is intimidating being surrounded by very competent, fast, and intelligent people on your case team who seem to know exactly what they are doing, where you find yourself struggling to keep up when usually things come easy. I feel very intellectually challenged, but I think that is a good thing too.

This job is both intellectually challenging, yet they really care about their people and try to make the job as sustainable as possible. They realize that getting the internship is very challenging and that gives you street cred as you walk in the door.

Advice to Management

N/A

Providing impact even during short 10 week internship

the case team, the people, engagement with partners

I didn't get to travel

the case interview is very similar to the actual job

Date: 2013

Strategy meets fun: 10 weeks of high-flying problem solving with a sea of new friends

Ownership of my work, high-quality feedback on a weekly basis, ample opportunities to get to know fellow interns and staff at all levels, wonderful recruiting team.

Struggling to think of anything -- maybe could add a tad more optional training on how to set up a three-tab analytical model for newbies like me. Not a big deal though, as plenty of online internal training resources are available.

1. Don't be afraid to ask BCGers how much they travel, what they do and don't like about their work, etc. These were important differentiators for me, and I found BCG staff very candid, which I can confirm based on my observations this summer. 2. Meet as many people as you can--connections you make in recruiting can be important as an intern.

Date: 2013

Perfect case experience, team and office culture. I couldn't have asked for a better summer experience.

The work is interesting and challenging. The internship class is diverse and bonded quickly. There were a lot of fun events throughout the summer.

There was nothing that I didn't like.

Make sure to engage with on-campus representatives early in the process. While breadth is important, get to know a couple people really well.

Date: 2013

Great introduction into consulting.

Working with other smart, talented, and nice people.

The hours can be long sometimes.

Ask for feedback from your supervisor.

Date: 2013

Action packed learning with very smart people

the people, and the client and the resources for learning

nothing, I think the internship program is very good

nothing to share at this time

Advice to Management

NA