Intern at PwC Strategy& Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Dynamic internship in country's pre-eminent Aerospace and Defense consulting arm of Strategy&

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great people and high-profile clients/work

Lots of work and short timelines

Known that you can specialize in verticals

Tell me about a time you used data

Extremely enjoyable internship in which I was treated like an equal member of the team from day one and given meaningful, impactful work

People
Work content
Ability to learn and grow
Outside of work perks and events
Support of my peers

Hours tend to be on the longer side, which is inevitable in a job like consulting

Great firm with very motivated, bright and driven individuals

Advice to Management

Better, more comprehensive and relevant (excel, powerpoint) training

How many people would be at this random location at 2pm on a weekday

Incredible working and learning experience in M&A focused strategy consulting

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Industry exposure, opportunity to provide value-add to projects, training program, group culture

Limited access to live deals (due to nature of declining M&A transactions in the summer months)

The Deals Strategy practice of PwC Strategy& produces vastly different work than the traditional/general management consulting division/role

Assess the market for a gas delivery smart phone app (market size, implementation risks, etc.)

Strategy& - a challenging, but rewarding internship experience

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to learn a wide range of industries and develop skills as a consultant has been great. Also, the pay is very tough to beat, especially at this stage of your career.

The hours can be tough sometimes, but as you would expect from consulting.

Have an open mind and realize that your team understands that you're just starting in this industry. The expectations for you are adjusted in comparison to your associate peers. At the same time, have a good attitude every day and be ready to work hard.

Excellent experience as a management consultant with above-industry pay and plethora of social events

San Francisco, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real project experience
Multiple weekly social events
Excellent pay

Long hours
Inconsistent HR

The management consulting world is smaller than I originally thought. Very select group of exceptional people. Get ready to hit the ground running from day 1.

Advice to Management

Better HR, less confusing organizational structure and integration with greater firm.

Market-sizing case and business case interview

Lots of learning with some great people

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working directly with my team and clients every day

Wish it was a week or two longer

How great this place is

Advice to Management

Organize/encourage regular breaks from work (e.g. every hour)

Tell us about yourself
Why do you want to do consulting/work here
Tell me about a time you had team problems that you worked to solve

**Case studies

World-Class Strategy Consulting Experience as an Undergrad

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

You get to work with big-name clients and are treated like an associate right from the start. I was amazed at the level of ownership I was given over my work. I was allowed to take full responsibility for several pieces of analysis and client interactions over the course of the summer, and I feel I deeply impacted my team's work.

The culture was great within Strategy&! Our intern class quickly became friends and everybody within the firm (no matter how high ranking) that you meet is genuinely interested in getting to know you and supporting your growth.

Hours can certainly be long at times, but that is standard for strategy consulting.

Try to learn about the firm's work in specific practices/industries. I know there is an "MBB or bust" mentality that prospective strategy consultants have sometimes but I think you will find that in certain sectors S& is a major player and does the same prestigious work that MBB does. Also keep in mind that at S& our work is purely strategy since implementation goes to PwC. At other firms you will often still see implementation work even as a strategy consultant.

Advice to Management

Please consider expanding the length of this internship and standardizing a salary for interns rather than paying hourly.

For me, first round cases were very structured (almost as if it were out of a casebook) with charts and graphs. Second round cases were less structured and more creative (based on real work from the director/partner interviewing) and felt more like conversations than the first round cases.

Given lots of responsibility and great fun

San Francisco, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

As an intern, working on a project with enormous ramifications in the tech industry

Traveling could be taxing

It's a great experience and the people purposely try to make sure you are having a good summer.

I've learned more in 8 weeks than I have in 3 years at university. But most importantly, I wasn't treating like an intern.

Intern events

Not knowing your staffing situation before you start

If you want to make a good impression, go above and beyond. No one here is going to judge you for trying too hard. Frankly, everyone at this firm has been incredibly motivated their entire life to get to this point. We're a self selecting group of "try hards"

Learn how important team work is

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know team members, and gaining skills with excel

Interns get to experience a pretty realistic version of full-time work

They are subject to rules imposed by PwC, but aren't necessarily applicable to Strategy&

Advice to Management

Please consider moving to a salary based compensation. Currently, capping at 40 hours isn't working well, since interns end up working more than 40 hours but aren't always allowed to book overtime.