Simon-Kucher & Partners London Summer Internship

Date: 2013

Great learning (and general life) experience

Friendly people, welcoming, good hours, learning a lot, lots of responsibility

I'd like to have been staffed on a project from the get-go but there was nothing anyone could have done about this!

Good working environment for a healthy work-life balance

Date: 2013

Nice people, relaxed office, interesting work

Hours were not too long (compared to friends doing other consulting internships), got properly involved in projects so that you could really understand the processes. Office are very friendly and relaxed. Free yoghurt. Learnt alot about what it would be like to work here, learnt alot of key skills e.g. excel etc.

Have been set some menial tasks, pay not as good as other consulting internships

Have heard that they dont pay as well as other consulting firms, but it does seem more relaxed with far better work/life balance

Date: 2013

A really enjoyable learning experience in a great atmosphere,

The people and the office atmopshere are fantastic. I was made to feel welcome from the beginning and everybody was extremely friendly. Most SKP employees seem to have exactly the right work/life balance - intense work at times but rewarded with more relaxed periods in less busy periods. The people I worked with seemed committed and hard-working without being overly stressed. My hours were also a lot better than expected, finishing around 7pm on the majority of nights with only a few 9/10pm finishes. Most of the work was interesting without being overly challenging. Overall, a lot more enjoyable and less stressful than I had imagined. Office snacks are great too!

At times I felt the work was not very engaging and sometimes I had very little to do at all. This lead ot boredom on a few occassions and as an intern I felt guilty because I felt I should be doing more! A little more structure and guidance would have been good. Perhaps some clearer targets that I should be working towards over the internship as well.

Great organisation to work for if you want to have a good work-life balance. Only catch for the reasonable hours is less pay than others (friends of mine are doing other consultancy internships). Apply if you want a better understanding about consultancy in general without being overworked so that you don't enjoy it! Also obviously good for those specifically interested in pricing and marketing.