Simon-Kucher & Partners London Summer Internship

Date: 2013

Great learning (and general life) experience

Friendly people, welcoming, good hours, learning a lot, lots of responsibility

I'd like to have been staffed on a project from the get-go but there was nothing anyone could have done about this!

Good working environment for a healthy work-life balance

Date: 2013

Nice people, relaxed office, interesting work

Hours were not too long (compared to friends doing other consulting internships), got properly involved in projects so that you could really understand the processes. Office are very friendly and relaxed. Free yoghurt. Learnt alot about what it would be like to work here, learnt alot of key skills e.g. excel etc.

Have been set some menial tasks, pay not as good as other consulting internships

Have heard that they dont pay as well as other consulting firms, but it does seem more relaxed with far better work/life balance

Date: 2013

A really enjoyable learning experience in a great atmosphere,

The people and the office atmopshere are fantastic. I was made to feel welcome from the beginning and everybody was extremely friendly. Most SKP employees seem to have exactly the right work/life balance - intense work at times but rewarded with more relaxed periods in less busy periods. The people I worked with seemed committed and hard-working without being overly stressed. My hours were also a lot better than expected, finishing around 7pm on the majority of nights with only a few 9/10pm finishes. Most of the work was interesting without being overly challenging. Overall, a lot more enjoyable and less stressful than I had imagined. Office snacks are great too!

At times I felt the work was not very engaging and sometimes I had very little to do at all. This lead ot boredom on a few occassions and as an intern I felt guilty because I felt I should be doing more! A little more structure and guidance would have been good. Perhaps some clearer targets that I should be working towards over the internship as well.

Great organisation to work for if you want to have a good work-life balance. Only catch for the reasonable hours is less pay than others (friends of mine are doing other consultancy internships). Apply if you want a better understanding about consultancy in general without being overworked so that you don't enjoy it! Also obviously good for those specifically interested in pricing and marketing.

Date: 2012

Excellent opportunity to get fully involved in client projects within the Strategy Consulting industry

Client exposure Variation of tasks Colleagues Office atomosphere Full-time position opportunities Insight into Strategy Consulting

Starting on a project part way through rather than from the beginning when you are full-time

Excellent company to work for if you would like to receive a lot of client exposure and responsibility. Very good career progression opportunities working for a company that is growing rapidly.

Advice to Management

Potential for training that leads to professional qualifications

Date: 2012

Makes me look forward to working at the firm everyday because I'm learning so much!

Consultants were approachable, training was useful, great open culture in the firm, flexible start dates.

Slightly unstructured (Excel and powerpoint training held in the middle of the internship) as a result of flexible start dates

Be open to working in any industry that you are assigned to - there is definitely much to learn working in any of the divisions. I am an economist but was assigned to the Life Sciences division and I was not disappointed.

Advice to Management

More training sessions will be appreciated.

Date: 2012

High responsibility and client exposure

Large amount of responsibility Treated as a real team member Worked on real project and had a large amount of client exposure

The office at the time was to small for the number of people there (they have since moved to a larger office),

Great place to work.

Advice to Management

Higher pay for interns

Date: 2012

Good working environment with real responsibilities

- Good team environment - Real responsibilities and tasks - Treated like a full member of the team and given the opportunity to raise views about different issues

- Pay could be higher

- Real tasks, treated like a new consultant and given enough support to conduct the various assignments - Lots of opportunities to add value - Good experience

Date: 2012

A real insight into the world of consultancy

Working on a project from start to finish, sitting in on meetings and presentations with our client knowing that I'd contributed to the final result. Gave me a great perspective on both how normal businesses operate, but also on how a normal consulting job works.

In the beginning (particularly the first week) I was given very little to do, which is both dull and frustrating.

They get their interns involved, good, friendly office atmosphere, work can be quite interesting.

Advice to Management

Just make sure from day 1 that there is a plan in place for the interns (maybe training the first couple of days, before assignment to a project).

Date: 2012

Made me fall in love with consulting

Many different tasks, hence, the ability to see the nature of work from different angles. Very good mentoring and great everyday challenges.

It took a while to receive training.

The company pays a great deal on what every individual's abilities and desires are, also there is much room for career development, i.e. could take on much responsibility from the very start. Everyone is willing to help you as well.

Advice to Management

Compensation should be more competitive.

Date: 2012

Treated as a consultant not an intern.

Lots of client contact. Meetings with client CEO and senior management. Opportunity to work with partners. Made to feel very much part of the team. Good internal training. Fun, friendly, diverse office. Everyone was very open and approachable.

Slightly unpredictable hours at times.

Would highly recommend.