Intern at Protiviti U.S. Intern Program? Submit a Review

Amazing Culture, Endless Opportunities

Charlotte, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, culture, training

Client work was not always as engaging as I hoped.

Everyone's work will vary and there are always opportunities to drive your own internship in the direction you want. Be vocal about your ideas and goals.

Find out what a full time job would entail, while enjoying the exciting time of being a part of an intern class.

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved knowing that I was doing meaningful work and really enjoyed the intern events that enabled networking throughout all levels of the company.

I didn't always get to do work that was indicative of what a full time job would consist of. In these occasional situations, I still was given work, but it was not as meaningful.

Get to know as many of the other interns as possible. It is a lot more fun when the class is tight knit. Also, never say no. Always be up for the challenge of whatever is asked of you.

Advice to Management

I had no issues in my time at the company.

The Protivit Internship Program - A First Hand Experience in the World of Consulting

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Training, real-world client experience, and the teams I worked with

For the largest percentage of the intern class, there was a lack of New York management representation during The Intern Challenge

Developing a deep sense of business acumen for the assigned client will definitely help in gaining a perspective on testing and updating controls.

Advice to Management

N/A

Fast-Paced and Fun Technology Consulting Internship with a lot of Responsibility

Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pros: lots of responsibility, great pay, different schedule every day, great co-workers

Cons: No housing stipend if relocating

Everyday in the internship is different. Show up eager to learn and volunteer for any tasks possible.

The Protiviti internship allows students to completely take on the the role of a full time consultant.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Protiviti internship allowed me to completely take on the role of a full time consultant. I was treated as such, and had the ability to interact with individuals throughout every level of the organization as well as individuals throughout every level of our clients.

The one thing the internship could improve upon is including a bit more shadowing.

I wish that I would have known what the people were like because that makes all the difference. Luckily, I found myself at an organization where the people are fantastic.

Living Protiviti: Fun and Intellectually Enriching Experience

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

1. Real work experience--I was doing what full-time employees do, minus the review of others' work aspect.
2. The social culture within the office is great.
3. Diversity of projects. I was able to work on a SOC2 support engagement, as well as engagements with IT General and Application Controls.

1. I had to travel very far to the client site sometimes, but it wasn't too bad.

There wasn't much that I didn't know, but make sure you're familiar with the position you're hired into. I wasn't quite sure what internal auditors did before my internship, so doing some research on that aspect of the firm would be a great start.

Advice to Management

Everything was great throughout the internship. Very supportive and approachable management.

Be ready to be yourself and answer basic behavioral questions. Also be prepared with knowledge of how to provide a solution for a business problem in the form of a case.

Excellent Development to Achieve Success

advisory program

There was nothing unfavorable.

Be ready to learn and absorb a lot of information

Internship that treats you like royalty and participate in work that matters

Alexandria, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know everyone, along with the outside things we did other than work. For example, volunteer, boat cruise, Nationals game.

How I showed up an hour early on the first day, because of how unsure I was about the traffic around the area.

Highly recommend the process is rewarding and you will learn so much more than you can in the classroom.

Advice to Management

I think when it came time for offers, we had two weeks to decide our future. I thought that was a smart play by the company but not the best for the interns. I wanted to at least try to get a couple offers from other companies and to try to at least negotiate my contract a little. Especially after knowing what some of my friends got as well as how much higher of a signing bonus.

Don't fully remember. One interview was all about who I am. Giving me a random scenarios and what option I would do out of 3.

Great experience, people, and culture. Not as big as the Big 4 - easier to get noticed and talk with management about anything.

San Francisco, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and culture that exists at the company.

Sometimes, depending on the client, the work can be uninteresting.

Come into the internship ready to meet as many people as possible. Be ready to do anything. Have an open mind. That's what an internship is about.

#livingprotiviti gave me so many new, unique experiences

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved building relationships with so many people. I felt like I was part of a family on my teams, and I learned so much from them.

At the beginning of the internship, I worked remotely on a client, and there was an intern on my team. I got lunch with other interns often, and I loved that contact with them. I was reassigned to another project that did not have an intern on it, and we worked at the client site most of the time. It became a lot harder to see other interns.

I wish I had known that even the training could not prepare me for the work I would experience.

Advice to Management

Employees are very vocal about their dislike of the main system used for evaluations, and I think this could be improved if all employees seem to have an issue with it.

I had several interviews, but we went through a full case and a full set of behavioral questions. I remember them asking me of an example of a project where a teammate did not contribute their share of the work and how I handled that.