Plante Moran's Internships

VAULT RANKINGS >> #3 Best Consulting Internships  /  #7 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Intern has best busy season of her life- even while working 70 hours!

The everyday interactions with the people, and the camaraderie among the office.

It was hard to find a balance between asking too many questions and trying to get the job done correctly and getting the job done in a time efficient manner.

Be yourself during the interview, and know that this is a great place to be!

Date: 2013

Internship that actually gives something back to Interns

-The variety of people you work with/exposed to -The pay is very generous -Actual hands on experience, not just given busy work to do

-Didn't get a chance to work on jobs with my team partner a lot

If you wish to be treated like a valued employee and given a chance to show/build upon your skills rather than to just be handed work and treated like a number rather than a person, choose Plante Moran. Plante goes to great lengths to give back to their employees, whether it be random girl scout cookies or just a little goodie bag during tax season, they like to share their thanks for your hard work.

Fun and Welcoming

Getting to know everyone in the office

The trip for interns that was in the middle of busy season. It was difficult to put down work and go.

It was a great working environment, which you will not experience anywhere else.

Date: 2013

Incredible work experience, but more importantly, incredible people

The people

Entering the workforce and becoming used to working everyday versus being a student.

Be open to the experience and learn as much as you can. Be yourself and look forward to meeting new people and making life long friends.

Advice to Management

N/A

Excellent

I loved the variety of work and enjoyed the nature of the work.

We worked a lot of hours but that is completely expected when working for a public accounting firm during busy season.

Come in with an open mind and learn as much as you can.

Incredible

Great staff, level of ownership you are given on jobs, great food, incredible internship program, friendly and helpful buddy, encouraging partners

One of the presentations at Intern Orientation was very long and hard to follow

Culture is what sets Plante Moran apart from other accounting firms. Staff live the Plante Moran principles. My goal was to go to school for what I enjoy so that I can love my job and at Plante Moran I know I will love my job. My advice would be to interview other interns at other firms and ask how their internship went and what the culture was like at their firm.

There is no place like Plante Moran

"Family" like staffs and being uniquely treated

Because it was Summer intern, there is not much experience you would have gotten during the Winter

If you really want to have a work environment that allows you to have better communication and interaction with surrounding staffs, the firm is an ideal place to work for. There is no need to worry about food as the firm will make sure you are fed up with loads of food!

Advice to Management

I hope that the firm can expand its active location in the states more toward the Southin the future. Because it is only limited in the mid-central area, public awareness is still the firm's weakness.

Date: 2013

Over the course of my internship experience, I was exposed to many areas and worked with great people.

The best aspects of the internship were the people and the material I was able to work on.

Overall I loved the experience, however, might have wanted to get exposure to more of a certain field.

As a Plante Moran intern, your work will be valued and you will have numerous opportunities to learn.

Advice to Management

Overall, I was pleased with every aspect.

Date: 2013

Environment that promotes learning and success

Was able to work on many different clients, groups, and have shadow days, etc.

Was not a huge fan of tax work but was glad that PM let me see different types.

Competitive salary, work environment of a big 4

Advice to Management

N/A

Date: 2013

The culture of Plante Moran makes you feel like you're on a team and part of the family.

Hours, pay scale, firm culture, experience, learning, networking

Workload at times

Be yourself. This firm interviews the person first and looks to your credentials second. Plante Moran truly cares about your development in your career and in your life.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)