Intern at Plante Moran Internship Experiences? Submit a Review

Internal Accounting Internship

48306, MI | April 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Get experience with treasury and cash management
Pretty much sets you up for any internship within the company for the next summer

Hold your hand through projects a little too much.
Not much cognitive ability required for tasks

Comments

18/hour
A bit of an age gap for the Southfield east office for an intern, but great people none the less

Couldn't have asked for more.

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the culture, the work was great and challenging. I was pushed by the people I worked with and got to know a lot of people very well.

The fact that I had to leave and go back to school was not good.

Be willing to step out of your comfort zone and ask a lot of questions. Get to know as many people as you can and be a likable person.

I did a case at a leadership event that was about making business decisions as a business adviser.

Advice to Management

There were a few offices that had three people in one office so it made it tough.

Career Changer Given the Opportunity to Use Talents with Exceptional Public Accounting Firm

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was doing real work and was able to really contribute to the products we were delivering to our clients.

I didn't partcularly dislike anything.

Plante Moran has an exceptional commitment to making the intern experience a great one. I talked to many classmates that interned at a number of other firms (Big 4 and otherwise) and no one's experience sounded half as good as mine.

Tell me about a time you had to handle a number of different responsibilities at once.

Tell me about a time you had to deal with meeting a tight deadline.

Advice to Management

Keep being flexible: be willing to work with career changers.

Intern Finds Meaning of Happiness at Plante Moran

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

How to choose? The networking chances, the work itself, and the fun activities like the Intern Summit, it all works together to create such a unique experience.

I think it would be neat if interns had a chance to check out other office locations during the duration of their internship. It would help people if they know that they want to work for Plante Moran but are unsure what location.

Take advantage of all the opportunities you get here. Don't be afraid to be honest throughout the whole process. Plante Moran cares about their employees as human beings. They want the whole person to be successful, not just the employee side.

Experience and character: an internship at Plante Moran

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked getting to know the people and culture of the company. Everyone helps and wants you to succeed. The work is challenging. The pay was excellent.

That it had to end.

Be open and actively seek as many different opportunities as you can.

Plante Moran offered a great internship experience.

Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were great.

Getting used to the time commitment was difficult.

Have an open mind and be ready to learn.

Best Summer of Work Ever

Ann Arbor, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning opportunities, the staff, the culture, the responsibility.

Nothing comes to mind that I didn't enjoy about the internship.

When looking at public accounting firms, the pay is comparable between Plante and Big 4, so it really comes down to the differing experiences between the firms. Plante is unique because you will work on a huge variety of clients and have the opportunity to truly understand the full scope of their business, as opposed to a Big 4 client you may be on for months at a time and only audit Cash.

Amazing opportunity to hone leadership, technical and professional skills.

Cleveland, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with team members to accomplish a common goal. Always treated with respect and felt like my opinion mattered.

Not being able to see every project through-- only because I did not yet have the skill set/job responsibilities to finish every project.

Great culture with a young environment. Easy transition from college to the work world.

Why do you want to intern at Plante Moran?

What do you expect to gain from your experience at Plante Moran?

Advice to Management

Intern orientation is catered to the masses. Would be nice to have some break out trainings for individuals wanting to work in specific fields.

A crash course into public accounting during busy season. Loved it

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people. Very helpful, always wanting me to learn. Never made me feel like a lowly intern. Gave me real tasks and problems to work on.

Long hours working during busy season.

Plante Moran understands that life isn't all about work. While it certainly is an important aspect, there has to be a balance or you won't enjoy your job or life.

A balance of good work and great people

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Intern Summit, shadowing managers and partners, the firm conference.

Sometimes the work would be slow - the summer is not the busiest time in auditing.

It is a great mid-size firm that will give you real world auditing experience without the high turnover and stress of the Big Four accounting firms.