Plante Moran Internship Experiences

VAULT RANKINGS >> #3 Best Consulting Internships  /  #7 Best Overall Internships

There is no place like Plante Moran
Auburn Hills, MI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

"Family" like staffs and being uniquely treated

Because it was Summer intern, there is not much experience you would have gotten during the Winter

If you really want to have a work environment that allows you to have better communication and interaction with surrounding staffs, the firm is an ideal place to work for. There is no need to worry about food as the firm will make sure you are fed up with loads of food!

Advice to Management

I hope that the firm can expand its active location in the states more toward the Southin the future. Because it is only limited in the mid-central area, public awareness is still the firm's weakness.

Over the course of my internship experience, I was exposed to many areas and worked with great people.
Auburn Hills, MI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people and the material I was able to work on.

Overall I loved the experience, however, might have wanted to get exposure to more of a certain field.

As a Plante Moran intern, your work will be valued and you will have numerous opportunities to learn.

Advice to Management

Overall, I was pleased with every aspect.

Internship that actually gives something back to Interns
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-The variety of people you work with/exposed to

-The pay is very generous

-Actual hands on experience, not just given busy work to do

-Didn't get a chance to work on jobs with my team partner a lot

If you wish to be treated like a valued employee and given a chance to show/build upon your skills rather than to just be handed work and treated like a number rather than a person, choose Plante Moran. Plante goes to great lengths to give back to their employees, whether it be random girl scout cookies or just a little goodie bag during tax season, they like to share their thanks for your hard work.

Incredible work experience, but more importantly, incredible people
Ann Arbor, MI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people

Entering the workforce and becoming used to working everyday versus being a student.

Be open to the experience and learn as much as you can. Be yourself and look forward to meeting new people and making life long friends.

Advice to Management

N/A

The greatest learning experience I have received thus far in my career.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, culture, work life balance

I didnt feel like I had adequate software training and i would've liked a more simplified and concise training instructions.

It is important to note that Plante Moran is a public accounting firm therefore long hours will be required especially in busy season however compared to many other public accounting firms they offer a good work life balance and they rely on you being responsible and communicating well to your in-charge when completing assignments. Plante Moran is about their culture and the people and want someone who is able to work well with others and love their job.

Advice to Management

I believe that Plante Moran does an excellent job of these things already.

Opportunity
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect were the people I worked with.

I did not dislike anything in my internship.

As a candidiate, make sure to socialize with everyone in the office.

Advice to Management

Everything Plante Moran is outstanding.

An internship that you will work hard and create relationships that will last after your internship and into your full-time career.
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

In the middle of the internship we had an Intern Summit where all the interns firm-wide got together and were able to bond as well as share experiences from their internships. In addition to this big event, the daily interactions with the engagement teams proved to be valuable in the development throughout the internship.

Because I was only on an engagement for about a week at a time, I was not able to completely see the engagement from beginning to end. It would have been nice to be able to see the complete engagement but with such a short amount of time it was not possible.

Be sure to have an open mind and eager to learn because you will learn something ever day during the internship. Also, be sure to make relationships and use mentors to develop both personally and professionally as this can help to progress more quickly through your career.

The Perfect Fit
Detroit, MI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture, the people, the work, our firm conference, team outings, partner lunches, and the intern summit.

Summer is a slow work season for public accounting firms.

Push yourself to move outside of your comfort zone and to really see if this firm and the type of work you will be doing is right for you.

A Summer Filled with Fun, Learning and Personal Growth
Ann Arbor, MI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with made the internship what it was and helped make the work even more enjoyable. Also, all of the other events that we participated in - they made us feel like we were already a part of the family.

There wasn't really anything that I didn't like about the internship.

Ask as many questions as you can think of! Everyone is very willing to help and it's the best way to learn as much as you can while they are still expecting you to not know very much.

Advice to Management

The only thing would be diversity but I know they are already working hard at making it a more diverse workplace and are constantly dedicated to creating a diverse work environment.

The perfect fit for me.
Grand Rapids, MI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Were treated as full time starting staff even though we were only interns.

There were not many downsides.

The firm atmosphere is amazing. Everyone there is willing to help you at any point in time.