Intern at Plante Moran Internship? Submit a Review

Plante Moran does care, and not just about its clients! The staff are treated execptionally at every level!

Detroit, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I could ask anybody a question and I would get an answer. I had many opportunities to interact with my coworkers at lunch or at basketball. My days were always filled with work, sometimes intense and other times more lax.

I could've received a little bit more feedback from my team partner. Halfway through I wasn't sure how I stacked up next to the other two interns.

Typical work hours would have been helpful to know. I was anticipating 9-5 but it ended up being 8-5 everyday.

Advice to Management

It is already the best place to work.

Plante Moran's internship exceeded all my expectation!

Lansing, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

work culture, potential to learn many things in a short time period, good pay, and reasonable hours/work load.

Not being able to see more clients in different industries.

My advice to a potential intern would be to never be afraid to make a mistake or ask questions. Every one genuinely wants to help you learn and become a better accountant.

Real work exposure with the ability to make an impact from day 1

Grand Rapids, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on projects that actually mattered and seeing your work put to use in front of clients.

Wish it could be longer

This will be a highly beneficial internship. Exposure to all areas of holistic wealth management and easy access to professionals of all levels of the firm on a daily basis.

Explain a time when you had to work with someone difficult, or who didn't agree with you, and how you navigated that challenge?

Tell me about a time when you had to be a leader of a group.

Explain a time when you failed and how you dealt with that failure.

Cybersecurity Consultant- The Future is Today

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to travel and learning new things with every client since no one environment is exactly the same.

When it ended

Keep an open mind and realize that it is okay to feel overwhelmed. Do your best to take in as much information as you can. Looking into Cybersecurity is very interesting and any outside of work research you do will greatly help you but it isn't necessary.

Summer Internship at Plante Moran Provides Great Learning and Networking Experience to Current Interns.

Auburn Hills, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to work with a number of different staff on different tax assignments and other projects.

The occasional downtime associated with summer tax work.

Probably the one thing I wish I knew more about was the different sectors of the firm and understanding that there is more to accounting than just tax or audit.

One of the best internships you can possibly imagine

Detroit, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everybody at the firm was very helpful and supportive, and made all the interns feel at home.

Even though everybody was supportive at the firm, I still felt pressure to take on work even if I didn't have the time to complete it or I didn't exactly know how to complete a task.

Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't know what you are doing.

Everyone talks about culture, Plante Moran means it.

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining experience in Tax and working in a place with great culture. Everyone talks about culture but Plante Moran really felt like it had the best culture I've seen yet.

Work was slow because it is an summer internship.

Don't be afraid to ask for work if you have none, its the easiest way to stay busy and gain more experience.

Nervous, inexperienced intern ends up loving firm and work, accepts full time offer

Columbus, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best aspects was that there was never a set start/finish time to the work day. If you had a morning appointment, you could come in late (assuming you were at the office that day). Once you finished your work for the day, you could head home

I did have to stay after 6 or 7 PM a few times. However, it was busy season, so I expected that and wasn't angered about it at all. It honestly might have been more of a positive, because now I know firsthand (at least somewhat) what busy season entails.

Definitely be open to traveling. During my interviews I said I wanted to stay close to home, and I did, but I got pretty jealous when some of my other intern friends were getting to go to places like Dallas and Jacksonville during the cold winter months. Also, on that note, do a winter internship. You get a way better hands-on experience because that is when the firm is the busiest (and you get more hours, if nothing else).

Advice to Management

Nothing that I can think of.

Name a time you had to give a presentation and how you prepared for it/ executed it....Name a time you were in a leadership role and had to deal with a conflict...

Exuberant Engagements with Clients

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture was the primary best aspect of the internship. A place of comfort and love to inspire clients to fully understand audit, A high engagement of responsibility, and class to all organizations the firm engages with on a daily basis.

Honestly I could not find much information to report on this status. However, If I had to get a little deeper, I would say the basic training wen I traveled to Southfield was dragged out. I could have learned a decent amount of the information at my home office.

Be willing to step out of your comfort zone, and go and talk to a client. Also spread the wealth, try several different business entities, as well as all potential fields Plante Moran has to offer audit, tax, consulting, and IT.

Pride in a Quality of sevice, Quality of People, and Quality of Environment

Ann Arbor, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think the best aspects of my internship were working at the client site and experiencing the firm culture through summer events.

There is nothing that I did not like about the internship.

I think it would be beneficial to address the other service areas at Plante Moran to show the full potential for opportunity that Plante Moran has.

Advice to Management

N/A

The employer asked a lot of questions about my life and my education. They wanted to know who I was and what was important to me. The interview process wasn't a test. It was to find out if you would belong at their company and in their office, because we are constantly collaborating.