Plante Moran's Internships

VAULT RANKINGS >> #3 Best Consulting Internships  /  #7 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Incredible work experience, but more importantly, incredible people

The people

Entering the workforce and becoming used to working everyday versus being a student.

Be open to the experience and learn as much as you can. Be yourself and look forward to meeting new people and making life long friends.

Advice to Management

N/A

Excellent

I loved the variety of work and enjoyed the nature of the work.

We worked a lot of hours but that is completely expected when working for a public accounting firm during busy season.

Come in with an open mind and learn as much as you can.

Date: 2013

The culture of Plante Moran makes you feel like you're on a team and part of the family.

Hours, pay scale, firm culture, experience, learning, networking

Workload at times

Be yourself. This firm interviews the person first and looks to your credentials second. Plante Moran truly cares about your development in your career and in your life.

Date: 2013

Environment that promotes learning and success

Was able to work on many different clients, groups, and have shadow days, etc.

Was not a huge fan of tax work but was glad that PM let me see different types.

Competitive salary, work environment of a big 4

Advice to Management

N/A

Date: 2013

Internship that actually gives something back to Interns

-The variety of people you work with/exposed to -The pay is very generous -Actual hands on experience, not just given busy work to do

-Didn't get a chance to work on jobs with my team partner a lot

If you wish to be treated like a valued employee and given a chance to show/build upon your skills rather than to just be handed work and treated like a number rather than a person, choose Plante Moran. Plante goes to great lengths to give back to their employees, whether it be random girl scout cookies or just a little goodie bag during tax season, they like to share their thanks for your hard work.

Date: 2013

Environment for Learning, and Opportunity for future success.

The people I worked with, and the mentor learning approach that PMFA takes.

No other PMFA interns in my office to work with.

Great environment to learn, and the right balance of responsibility and guidance to achieve success.

Advice to Management

I would have liked to actually have worked with other interns during my internship.

Date: 2013

The greatest learning experience I have received thus far in my career.

People, culture, work life balance

I didnt feel like I had adequate software training and i would've liked a more simplified and concise training instructions.

It is important to note that Plante Moran is a public accounting firm therefore long hours will be required especially in busy season however compared to many other public accounting firms they offer a good work life balance and they rely on you being responsible and communicating well to your in-charge when completing assignments. Plante Moran is about their culture and the people and want someone who is able to work well with others and love their job.

Advice to Management

I believe that Plante Moran does an excellent job of these things already.

Date: 2013

An internship that you will work hard and create relationships that will last after your internship and into your full-time career.

In the middle of the internship we had an Intern Summit where all the interns firm-wide got together and were able to bond as well as share experiences from their internships. In addition to this big event, the daily interactions with the engagement teams proved to be valuable in the development throughout the internship.

Because I was only on an engagement for about a week at a time, I was not able to completely see the engagement from beginning to end. It would have been nice to be able to see the complete engagement but with such a short amount of time it was not possible.

Be sure to have an open mind and eager to learn because you will learn something ever day during the internship. Also, be sure to make relationships and use mentors to develop both personally and professionally as this can help to progress more quickly through your career.

Date: 2013

Great beginning for a rewarding career!

Learning and refining my professional expertise.

I wish there was a mini-text book for common questions in addition to relying on staff.

Advancement opportunities, salary and bonus details, and employee surveys of their level of happiness in their career choice.

Fun and Welcoming

Getting to know everyone in the office

The trip for interns that was in the middle of busy season. It was difficult to put down work and go.

It was a great working environment, which you will not experience anywhere else.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)