Intern at Plante Moran Internship? Submit a Review

The Best working experience you can get during college

Detroit, MI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting real life work experience.

Working full time and being away from school.

Build relationships and try to see if you fit in

Best first experience with an accounting firm I may ever have!

Grand Rapids, MI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part about the internship was the culture of the firm. People at Plante Moran are very kind an understanding of where you are and the level of comprehension you as an intern may have. The staff at the firm encourage their interns to ask questions and to challenge themselves in addition to helping you find where you fit best in the accounting field.

My internship had me shadowing someone new every day, so sometimes I found it hard to reconnect to someone that I had shadowed before. It was also difficult trying to get to know someone very well and then having to learn new information with each person that I met.

Take notes! Because I was with someone new every day, everything was pretty much brand new information and it was hard to remember everything. Plante Moran also has a "buddy system" so you always have one person that you can talk to when you have questions. Take advantage of it!

Advice to Management

At the beginning of the internship, the initial information for the interns should be clearer than some of what I experienced. There was some lack of communication from those I was supposed to be shadowing, so maybe making sure those people who are expecting an intern for the day are prepared for them.

The Ultimate Summer Internship

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning the technical aspect of being a tax professional. Networking with senior managers and partners. Company-wide events.

I wished I would have gotten more client work. But it is understandable - it's the summer, so there's not much tax work to be done.

Evaluate your potential employers based on culture and size. Big 4 accounting firms really aren't that great! You should put much more consideration into mid-market accounting firms.

"We care."

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hearing them say that they're a people firm and learning that it wasn't just a load of you-know-what.

The commute, but that was my fault. Almost two hours each way! #worth

They're a great balance between big and small. You'll get the benefits of being super busy and always having interesting work to do without the downside of thinking that busy season would be a great time to re-evaluate your life choices.

Great learning experience in the tax accounting industry

Detroit, MI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Having a mentor and a great team under my partner to help me learn and grow. The amount of information I learned from beginning to end was amazing and everybody was helpful every step of the way.

Nothing. I loved every part of my internship.

An internship during busy season requires a lot of hours but you will learn a lot as an intern at Plante Moran. Everybody there wants you to succeed and makes sure you have help whenever you need it.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Everybody I met was friendly and helpful. The training kept me learning new things the entire time and all of the interns were honored to receive full time offers at the end and cannot wait to get back to work after graduation.

Tell about an experience where you had to work as a team and how you showed leadership within your team.

Culture makes all the difference.

Detroit, MI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I fit in really well with the culture and I was able to complete a lot of tasks that were delegated to me.

I did a lot of Employee Benefit Plan audits and would have liked to have done more financial statement audits as well as exploring different industries.

Be open to any kind of opportunity. Accept all jobs (within internship) that are given to you, up to the extend that you have time to complete them. Ask as many questions as you need - everyone understands that you are learning on the job.

Great Experience Career Starter

Detroit, MI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Work with other Staff and clients. Every day was great and so is everyone at Plante.

Training week which was slightly overwhelming but was great for preparing for infernship.

Nothing, great experience

Advice to Management

Great place to work, nothing

What do you like or know about Plante Moran?

Non-stop opportunities, learning, fun, and excitement.

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with, the intern activities outside of daily work, being able to have a tangible impact by performing real work.

The intern events were not spread out evenly and most of the fun, outside of work events were experienced in the first few weeks.

If you want to work with a great group of individuals, in a fun environment, and in a growing organization then Plante Moran is the company for you.

Amazing

Cleveland, OH | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real-world experience with people who care about your success.

It was over too soon!

It's a great firm and you won't be dissapointed.

Experiencing the life of the tax accountant

Auburn Hills, MI | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I always was busy with work. It was both challenging and rewarding when finished. It was nice to have a repetition aspect to the tax returns so that I could get better at understanding common concepts within the tax world. Not only was there work there were social events too that helped me become a part of the office staff bond.

I am not sure. I loved it all

Be prepared to be professional and work long hours. Be able to handle complex problems and know when to ask for help.