Plante Moran's Internships

VAULT RANKINGS >> #3 Best Consulting Internships  /  #7 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Incredible work experience, but more importantly, incredible people

The people

Entering the workforce and becoming used to working everyday versus being a student.

Be open to the experience and learn as much as you can. Be yourself and look forward to meeting new people and making life long friends.

Advice to Management

N/A

A Summer Filled with Fun, Learning and Personal Growth

The people I worked with made the internship what it was and helped make the work even more enjoyable. Also, all of the other events that we participated in - they made us feel like we were already a part of the family.

There wasn't really anything that I didn't like about the internship.

Ask as many questions as you can think of! Everyone is very willing to help and it's the best way to learn as much as you can while they are still expecting you to not know very much.

Advice to Management

The only thing would be diversity but I know they are already working hard at making it a more diverse workplace and are constantly dedicated to creating a diverse work environment.

Date: 2013

Empowerment from minute one.

The best aspect was being treated like a professional. Having no set hours allows flexibility not seen in others places.

Busy season is tough but doable.

New candidates should expect to know nothing. Everything will be very new. One partner told me that my, "learning curve would be vertical for a while". As soon as you feel you've mastered a concept or task.. The next one is harder.

Date: 2013

Great beginning for a rewarding career!

Learning and refining my professional expertise.

I wish there was a mini-text book for common questions in addition to relying on staff.

Advancement opportunities, salary and bonus details, and employee surveys of their level of happiness in their career choice.

Fun and Welcoming

Getting to know everyone in the office

The trip for interns that was in the middle of busy season. It was difficult to put down work and go.

It was a great working environment, which you will not experience anywhere else.

Date: 2013

Intern has best busy season of her life- even while working 70 hours!

The everyday interactions with the people, and the camaraderie among the office.

It was hard to find a balance between asking too many questions and trying to get the job done correctly and getting the job done in a time efficient manner.

Be yourself during the interview, and know that this is a great place to be!

Date: 2013

Internship that actually gives something back to Interns

-The variety of people you work with/exposed to -The pay is very generous -Actual hands on experience, not just given busy work to do

-Didn't get a chance to work on jobs with my team partner a lot

If you wish to be treated like a valued employee and given a chance to show/build upon your skills rather than to just be handed work and treated like a number rather than a person, choose Plante Moran. Plante goes to great lengths to give back to their employees, whether it be random girl scout cookies or just a little goodie bag during tax season, they like to share their thanks for your hard work.

Date: 2013

Over the course of my internship experience, I was exposed to many areas and worked with great people.

The best aspects of the internship were the people and the material I was able to work on.

Overall I loved the experience, however, might have wanted to get exposure to more of a certain field.

As a Plante Moran intern, your work will be valued and you will have numerous opportunities to learn.

Advice to Management

Overall, I was pleased with every aspect.

There is no place like Plante Moran

"Family" like staffs and being uniquely treated

Because it was Summer intern, there is not much experience you would have gotten during the Winter

If you really want to have a work environment that allows you to have better communication and interaction with surrounding staffs, the firm is an ideal place to work for. There is no need to worry about food as the firm will make sure you are fed up with loads of food!

Advice to Management

I hope that the firm can expand its active location in the states more toward the Southin the future. Because it is only limited in the mid-central area, public awareness is still the firm's weakness.

Excellent

I loved the variety of work and enjoyed the nature of the work.

We worked a lot of hours but that is completely expected when working for a public accounting firm during busy season.

Come in with an open mind and learn as much as you can.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)