Intern at Plante Moran Internship? Submit a Review

A great experience with great people.

Toledo, OH | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

the culture of the firm, the balance the firm allows me to maintain and the hours

Being in the office for long periods of time

Listen and retain as much as you can.

Great Experience, Great work, Great people

Detroit, MI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning real life experiences

How short it was.

Go in with a positive attitude and willing to learn. Ask questions.

Plante's "Open Door Policy" exemplified when intern enters Office Managing Partner's office for a casual chat

Flint, MI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to interact with staff of all different levels and industries to learn what they do and why they love what they do. Plante provided exceptional training so I felt prepared and informed for my first day on the job. I also got to network with interns from different offices several times throughout the internship.

Some days were slow and I ran out of work, but when I made my coworkers aware of this, I did not have another slow day after that.

Plante Moran practices what they preach; you will have so many different opportunities in a short amount of time and they truly valued my feedback, even as an intern.

If you work hard, more doors to oppurtunities open up than you can imagine.

Auburn Hills, MI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, culture, team atmosphere. They are what they say.

Telling us when they want things done and giving more direction. They will sometimes assume you can handle certain tasks that may take longer than they assume because interns are new to the program. They also may give you a project and then not even use it, but this critique is very rare. Overall, I really have no cons for this internship other than I wish it was longer.

Group your questions together and become very close to your buddy. The person they buddy you up with many things and will make your transition into the internship a lot easier.

Great people, great expierence

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, people, atmosphere, work life balance

There was nothing that I did not like about this internship, I wish I could have stayed longer!

Great Firm that really is a people's firm, you will learn a lot about the accounting world while meeting all around great staff at the same time.

Great Exposure to the Industry

Kalamazoo, MI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I have had the chance to meet people in the firm, and network with other industries. I have had the chance to work on neat projects, and learn how to navigate different software systems.

Some days there is not much for an intern to do.

Ask a lot of questions

Plante Moran Exceeds Intern Expectations

Detroit, MI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, doing actual work (not getting coffee or stereotypical intern work), the pay, and the time spent on staff/intern development

Some of the case studies in the first week of training were not helpful to anyone.

This internship, even if you plan on eventually going to the Big 4, will help you understand the industry tremendously. Don't pass up an offer if you get one. You won't regret it.

Advice to Management

Work on the Case Studies during the IntroCore training. A lot of the sample documents weren't correct and overall it just wasn't helpful to anyone, especially the tax one.

Talk about a time where you had a leadership role. What is/would be your management style?

Talk about a time where you had to lead a group through significant problem solving

Plante Moran: Opportunity and Growth Abound

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the learning, the opportunities, the team-building, the events.

In the summer months, work is sometimes hard to come by. If you look hard enough, however, you'll find something. This helps one get acquainted with other staff in the office.

The people here are great, get to know them and get a sense of where you fit within the organization. Make friends and connections that will last. If the fit is good, take the employment opportunity.

Advice to Management

I feel that Plante has fulfilled its end of the internship bargain. Good wages, opportunities, and people.

Of all the questions, the one that stuck out most to me was "Why public accounting?" Although a stock question, in the context of my conversation with the interviewer it really struck me.

The best internship experience

Columbus, OH | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Building relationships

I had to adjust to the travel at first, but then I got used to it

If you enjoy friendly people, you'll love it here

Once you start, you'll want to stay for life

Grand Rapids, MI | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt welcomed and wasn't scared to ask questions if I didn't know what I was doing. People are willing to help and will actually reach out to you. I learned so much and continued to learn something new every day. Met some great people who I spend time with at social events. Hosted social gatherings and weekly open gym basketball. This was a great way to meet people outside of the office.

I don't have any cons.

When I was going through the recruiting process I undervalued Plante Moran because I have never heard of it. I received an offer from PWC and Plante Moran and I do not regret my decision one bit to intern and accept a Full-Time offer with Plante. You will love this firm more and more each day.

Advice to Management

I don't have any suggestions at this time.