Intern at Plante Moran Internship Experiences? Submit a Review

Internal Accounting Internship

48306, MI | April 2015 | Former Intern

Get experience with treasury and cash management
Pretty much sets you up for any internship within the company for the next summer

Hold your hand through projects a little too much.
Not much cognitive ability required for tasks

Comments

18/hour
A bit of an age gap for the Southfield east office for an intern, but great people none the less

Plante Moran offers a real life work experience, not an internship where you just fetch coffee. You gain valuable, relevant skills.

Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I jumped in with both feet, after a week of training I was already in the field working on clients.

Being able to see different levels of responsibility in the career path ahead of me.

There was no expectations of me coming in but I gained a valuable base knowledge of day to day activities of a full time accountant.

Honestly, I had a great internship. If I had to pick one thing that I liked least about the internship it would be... well I've sat here for 10 minutes and can't think of anything so I'll leave it at that.

The culture here at Plante Moran, summed up by their motto, relatively "jerk-free" environment, is what we live by.

Describe in your life one time where you trained somebody.

Did you ever have any obstacles to overcome in the workplace and how did you overcome them?

Advice to Management

The training could be improved a little bit. We were thrown into the field with zero expectations and everything gets reviewed 3 times before so there's not a real reason to learn it all before you get to doing actual accounting work, but just more for an intern's peace of mind.

Work for Plante Moran!

Kalamazoo, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The office environment and all my co workers.

The long hours

Be yourself, get outside your comfort zone and get noticed!

As an Intern I felt just like a full time first-year staff.

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Each intern is required to complete an "intern presents" presentation in front of the intern's entire office staff. Such an opportunity to speak publicly and to be recognized was enjoyable. I also enjoyed the "intern summit," where all interns travel for a couple of days to a city (one of mine was Chicago) and went on scavenger hunts/ engaged in community service/ completed projects with other interns.

There was nothing about the internship program that I did not like. None.

Often people are swayed to work at the Big 4 in public accounting. However, at Plante I was exposed to opportunities with much more responsibility in comparison to friends who began their careers at other firms. Think about what clients each firm has and where you will be the best fit, not on what others might publicize.

Real people, real work

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The clients, variety of experiences, intern outtings planned by HR,

Accounting work in general is not extremely exciting no matter where you work

At Plante Moran you get a wide range of experiences including tax, audit, and consulting work. At other firms you may only get to see one type of client or work the entire year on one large company. You develop more as a professional by seeing a variety of situations.

interviewed 2 years ago - don't recall.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep hours low compared to competitors. Many look at public accountings at times insane hours and see Plante Moran as a positive within that.

Career Changer Given the Opportunity to Use Talents with Exceptional Public Accounting Firm

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was doing real work and was able to really contribute to the products we were delivering to our clients.

I didn't partcularly dislike anything.

Plante Moran has an exceptional commitment to making the intern experience a great one. I talked to many classmates that interned at a number of other firms (Big 4 and otherwise) and no one's experience sounded half as good as mine.

Tell me about a time you had to handle a number of different responsibilities at once.

Tell me about a time you had to deal with meeting a tight deadline.

Advice to Management

Keep being flexible: be willing to work with career changers.

Great Experience With Great People

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the intern summit. It was good to have a a break from work and I really got to bond with the other interns in my office.

My least favorite part was intern presents.

Go in with a positive attitude and try to meet as many people as you can.

I can't remember specific questions, but I do remember it being very laid back during all three interviews.

Advice to Management

Have everyone on the same page with software being used for different functions.

Experience and character: an internship at Plante Moran

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked getting to know the people and culture of the company. Everyone helps and wants you to succeed. The work is challenging. The pay was excellent.

That it had to end.

Be open and actively seek as many different opportunities as you can.

A balance of good work and great people

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Intern Summit, shadowing managers and partners, the firm conference.

Sometimes the work would be slow - the summer is not the busiest time in auditing.

It is a great mid-size firm that will give you real world auditing experience without the high turnover and stress of the Big Four accounting firms.

Real world experience

Auburn Hills, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world experience, expectations are drawn out

With the amount of interns, the less work you have.

Try a winter internship to see what busy season is like.

Do you feel comfortable asking questions when stuck?

Advice to Management

N/A