Intern at Plante Moran Internship Experiences? Submit a Review

Plante Moran Internship

MI | May 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Great people to work. The company treats interns just as new hires.

Summer time is a little slow, still the company will find assignments for you.

Comments

Again, it was really nice experiences. I strongly recommend anyone who wants to have a nice and remarkable internship experience.

Internal Accounting Internship

48306, MI | April 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Get experience with treasury and cash management
Pretty much sets you up for any internship within the company for the next summer

Hold your hand through projects a little too much.
Not much cognitive ability required for tasks

Comments

18/hour
A bit of an age gap for the Southfield east office for an intern, but great people none the less

Fun Times, Even in Busy Season

Toledo, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experiencing what a full-time career with the company would be like.

Everything was fantastic, no complaints.

There's a reason why they continue to show up on Fortune's 'Top companies to work for' list.

Plante Moran offers a real life work experience, not an internship where you just fetch coffee. You gain valuable, relevant skills.

Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I jumped in with both feet, after a week of training I was already in the field working on clients.

Being able to see different levels of responsibility in the career path ahead of me.

There was no expectations of me coming in but I gained a valuable base knowledge of day to day activities of a full time accountant.

Honestly, I had a great internship. If I had to pick one thing that I liked least about the internship it would be... well I've sat here for 10 minutes and can't think of anything so I'll leave it at that.

The culture here at Plante Moran, summed up by their motto, relatively "jerk-free" environment, is what we live by.

Describe in your life one time where you trained somebody.

Did you ever have any obstacles to overcome in the workplace and how did you overcome them?

Advice to Management

The training could be improved a little bit. We were thrown into the field with zero expectations and everything gets reviewed 3 times before so there's not a real reason to learn it all before you get to doing actual accounting work, but just more for an intern's peace of mind.

Opportunity to learn and experience public accounting

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real life experience - when I went out on a job they didn't even tell the client I was an intern. It was a great opportunity to meet other interns and network with them. The full time offer was incredible and I felt ahead of the game when I started full time because I had the internship experience.

My internship was in the summer so I got no tax experience and there was a lot of downtime where we had to walk around and look for our own work. It would have been nice to have a little more structure in my schedule because I was only scheduled on 3 clients for a 9 week internship.

Plante Moran provides great opportunities and they have great structure to help you thrive in your career.

I came into the internship looking for a job and I left with a career

Toledo, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were real life experience, good pay, flex time, inviting culture, and great people

Long busy season hours

Be prepared to step right in and feel like a full-time employee. If you accept the offer, you will learn so much more than a book can teach you.

Experience and character: an internship at Plante Moran

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked getting to know the people and culture of the company. Everyone helps and wants you to succeed. The work is challenging. The pay was excellent.

That it had to end.

Be open and actively seek as many different opportunities as you can.

Career Changer Given the Opportunity to Use Talents with Exceptional Public Accounting Firm

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was doing real work and was able to really contribute to the products we were delivering to our clients.

I didn't partcularly dislike anything.

Plante Moran has an exceptional commitment to making the intern experience a great one. I talked to many classmates that interned at a number of other firms (Big 4 and otherwise) and no one's experience sounded half as good as mine.

Tell me about a time you had to handle a number of different responsibilities at once.

Tell me about a time you had to deal with meeting a tight deadline.

Advice to Management

Keep being flexible: be willing to work with career changers.

A balance of good work and great people

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Intern Summit, shadowing managers and partners, the firm conference.

Sometimes the work would be slow - the summer is not the busiest time in auditing.

It is a great mid-size firm that will give you real world auditing experience without the high turnover and stress of the Big Four accounting firms.

The best internship experience ever

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexibility, the people, the work basically everything.

The only thing that I didn't like was my commute because I live far from the office.

Plante Moran is a great place to be. Always be willing to learn and take on challenges.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)