Intern at Plante Moran Internship Experiences? Submit a Review

Plante Moran Internship

MI | May 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Great people to work. The company treats interns just as new hires.

Summer time is a little slow, still the company will find assignments for you.

Comments

Again, it was really nice experiences. I strongly recommend anyone who wants to have a nice and remarkable internship experience.

Internal Accounting Internship

48306, MI | April 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Get experience with treasury and cash management
Pretty much sets you up for any internship within the company for the next summer

Hold your hand through projects a little too much.
Not much cognitive ability required for tasks

Comments

18/hour
A bit of an age gap for the Southfield east office for an intern, but great people none the less

Learn more here than in class.

Kalamazoo, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands on learning from the beginning to the final product of projects/ work.

There was nothing I did not enjoy.

Get to know co workers or potential co workers as much as you can to see if they're the right fit for you since you will be with them all the time.

Advice to Management

Maybe putting in an onsite workout facility to promote and easily encourage healthy lifestyles.

A place where you can diversify your work and enjoy it the entire time.

Ann Arbor, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the diversity of work

The hours were very long.

The people are amazing and so helpful. You will gain experience in all areas of the accounting world so you can better decide which avenue is best for you.

Making my way to be a fun CPA

Flint, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting up with the interns and traveling. Being able to learn more about what public accounting is all about and that there is so much more to it than just testing. You have to build client relationships and peer relationships. And there seemed to always be food.

When having to work in the office, there was not much to do. I didn't enjoy sitting around not being productive, but I understood that summer internships typically go that way.

Don't be afraid to be yourself. It is awkward and strange at first to walk up to staff members and start conversing with them, but it is necessary. They want to know you , just as much as you want to know them. Don't be afraid to ask questions, but know when to ask them. As you go through your internship, write down moments that stand out for you because then you can reference those during your intern presents.

Great Expereience

Auburn Hills, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

It is in the field i like

Being a beginner

Ask questions and do what is asked of you

21 Year Old Treated as a Professional.

Cleveland, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real working experience and the chance to interact with clients daily. I was treated like a full time staff member not "just" an intern.

I least liked how much time you spend sitting each day.

Being yourself is very important, but most of all take a deep breath. Everyone here wants to help you succeed. That's just the kind of firm we are.

Advice to Management

I think it should be a firm wide policy to stress a little more explanation at the start of a new engagement. I wouldn't suggest that you hold anyone's hand, but there were many time I was put on something and had no idea what I was doing and I was told to just look at last year's work papers and figure it out. I could ask questions if I got stuck, but I didn't receive much help up front. I would also say to be more clear with your offers. I have heard from many people (including myself) that we anticipated being in one department (audit/tax) and then realizing the firm had different ideas in mind.

Best preparation for the accounting field.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was a learning experience and everyone was happy to teach you!

I wish it was longer.

They are the most enjoyable company atmosphere wise to work for.

Tell me of a time when you were a good leader.

Advice to Management

Better structure of where to go after your internship to stay in contact.

An all around amazing experience.

Auburn Hills, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting experience in so many different areas. Helpful and caring staff. Great hourly pay. Events to connect with other interns. Responsibilities that make you feel like you're actually making a difference.

Can't even think of any cons.

Just be yourself. Plante Moran is filled with personable people that you can actually relate to. If you are looking to gain a lot of experience as an intern this is the firm to do it at.

A great growing experience, in which I genuinely felt like I made a difference.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You were treated like a full-time staff and were given real responsibilities but at the same time everyone wants to teach you and help you grow. Also the firm had a great environment which made me feel good about coming to work everyday.

The long hours and traveling of busy season.

Everyone here is extremely friendly, and the firm truly cares about how each individual is doing. The firm really promotes work life balance.