Plante Moran Internship Experiences

VAULT RANKINGS >> #3 Best Accounting Internships  /  #6 Best Overall Internships

Excellent experience to life in a full time position
Auburn Hills, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was giving a lot of freedom to complete the tasks. I did not have anyone looking over my shoulder to see what time I was coming into the office/client location or leaving the office/client location. I was given tasks to begin the day and I was responsible for providing my manager with updates on the progress of how I was doing. The manager was not coming into my office every hour to make sure I was staying focused on my work. I was treated not as an intern, but as a full time staff member. Every project I was given was tailored specifically to me, with the idea of trying to grow and advance.

I was not very busy at times during my internship. I did a summer internship, and it was tough to find work sometimes.

Ask lots of questions throughout the entire process, and try to soak up as much informatoin as possible during your internship.

Describe an example of when you showed excellent customer service. Describe a time when you had to deal with a troublesome co-worker. Describe a situation where you were pressed for a strong deadline, and you had to meet it at all costs. What is your biggest weakness, and how do you try to overcome it?

Work for Plante Moran!
Kalamazoo, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The office environment and all my co workers.

The long hours

Be yourself, get outside your comfort zone and get noticed!

Learn as much as you can in a short time.
Auburn Hills, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know the people.

Not enough work to go around.

Go in with an open mind.

Opportunity to learn and experience public accounting
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real life experience - when I went out on a job they didn't even tell the client I was an intern. It was a great opportunity to meet other interns and network with them. The full time offer was incredible and I felt ahead of the game when I started full time because I had the internship experience.

My internship was in the summer so I got no tax experience and there was a lot of downtime where we had to walk around and look for our own work. It would have been nice to have a little more structure in my schedule because I was only scheduled on 3 clients for a 9 week internship.

Plante Moran provides great opportunities and they have great structure to help you thrive in your career.

As an Intern I felt just like a full time first-year staff.
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Each intern is required to complete an "intern presents" presentation in front of the intern's entire office staff. Such an opportunity to speak publicly and to be recognized was enjoyable. I also enjoyed the "intern summit," where all interns travel for a couple of days to a city (one of mine was Chicago) and went on scavenger hunts/ engaged in community service/ completed projects with other interns.

There was nothing about the internship program that I did not like. None.

Often people are swayed to work at the Big 4 in public accounting. However, at Plante I was exposed to opportunities with much more responsibility in comparison to friends who began their careers at other firms. Think about what clients each firm has and where you will be the best fit, not on what others might publicize.

Plante Moran offered a great internship experience.
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were great.

Getting used to the time commitment was difficult.

Have an open mind and be ready to learn.

Best Summer of Work Ever
Ann Arbor, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning opportunities, the staff, the culture, the responsibility.

Nothing comes to mind that I didn't enjoy about the internship.

When looking at public accounting firms, the pay is comparable between Plante and Big 4, so it really comes down to the differing experiences between the firms. Plante is unique because you will work on a huge variety of clients and have the opportunity to truly understand the full scope of their business, as opposed to a Big 4 client you may be on for months at a time and only audit Cash.

Real people, real work
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The clients, variety of experiences, intern outtings planned by HR,

Accounting work in general is not extremely exciting no matter where you work

At Plante Moran you get a wide range of experiences including tax, audit, and consulting work. At other firms you may only get to see one type of client or work the entire year on one large company. You develop more as a professional by seeing a variety of situations.

interviewed 2 years ago - don't recall.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep hours low compared to competitors. Many look at public accountings at times insane hours and see Plante Moran as a positive within that.

I came into the internship looking for a job and I left with a career
Toledo, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were real life experience, good pay, flex time, inviting culture, and great people

Long busy season hours

Be prepared to step right in and feel like a full-time employee. If you accept the offer, you will learn so much more than a book can teach you.

Fun Times, Even in Busy Season
Toledo, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experiencing what a full-time career with the company would be like.

Everything was fantastic, no complaints.

There's a reason why they continue to show up on Fortune's 'Top companies to work for' list.