Pariveda Solutions Software Development Consulting Intern Internship

Date: 2013

Come in a College Student, Come Out a Professional, Plus Some Fun and a Real Product

It sounds like what a recruiter would say, but Pariveda really does a great job of giving the interns a mini experience of what working at the company is really like. The implications of this - having a personal mentor, being pushed to work on concrete goals, receiving a formal review and feedback at the end of the summer, following Agile development practices, seeing a project though from start to public release - makes for a unique internship and invaluable lessons learned. I have developed as a software engineer and professional more than I could have imagined.

By chance, the other interns were much older than I am and not interested in hanging out or doing fun activities.

If you want to learn more about what working there will entail - social life, expectations, promotions - they are very open and honest, so just ask. From my experience, if you care about developing yourself professionally and technically and are motivated to do the work necessary, this is one of the best places you could work. They will push you, but you will advance quickly, build invaluable experience, and be surrounded by other great minds.

Advice to Management

The only feedback I can think of is to continue to stress the balance to work-life balance since the nature of the job involves so much outside of the billable 40 hours a week.

Date: 2013

Pariveda offers interns real-world experience by working on an actual client project!

Actually working on a project with a real client, technical development, social events, and networking with developing professionals.

There is a lack of parking but the office will change locations and this issue will no longer be applicable

Spend time before the internship familiarizing yourself with the project, the client, and the technologies used to develop your product.

Advice to Management

Perhaps create a more standardized technical training process

Date: 2012

Challenging, Rewarding and made an impact on the business

got to work on an actual client and make an impact day 1

A little disorganized at first with our project

The internship is very technical, must know programming basics

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)