Navigant Consulting Summer Associate Program Internship

Intern at Navigant Consulting Summer Associate Program Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

Accounting graduate takes part in credit crisis litigation for the summer
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Got to participate in some very interesting tasks, made a lot of great relationships that I still have today, provided a great gateway to the consulting industry.

Did not get regular feedback on my performance

You will get to be exposed to multiple projects during this internship, so you will learn a great deal.

Advice to Management

Provide more regular feedback to the interns

Great Company Culture and Interesting, Diverse Work
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great location, awesome coworkers, stress free work environment, awesome company outings, good pay, didn't have to wear a tie!

Not as much economic and statistical analysis as I had hoped for.

Understand that Litigation Consulting is a diverse industry and that you may be working on cases that have very little economics involved. Be prepared to work on investigations, data collection and analysis, as well as some accounting work.

Advice to Management

I think this place is a great place to work.

excellent experience working with excellent people
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

working with others, intern outings, location

not my field and too corporate for me

everyone that works there is very friendly and helpful. It's a great environment

Overall positive experience and outcome
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got hands-on experience. I was tasked with consultant-level assignments and got a good idea of what full-time with the company would be like.

Parking was expensive.

Overall, the work was interesting and the pay was great!

At Navigant, you are able to consult on great projects while interacting in an unbelievable corporate culture.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people, interesting projects, fun atmosphere, work hard/play hard environment

I did not seem to find any real cons about my internship.

If you are interested in consulting and using critical thinking skills on a daily basis, you should look at Navigant. Navigant provides a great atmosphere while challenging you to do your best. In my role within technology solutions, I was nervous that I would need extensive tech skills, but found that the training was excellent and there was no need to worry.

Advice to Management

More leadership training for younger employees would be something I would really enjoy.

An educational and rewarding experience.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated as an equal to full time employees. I was able to perform work on many different aspects of client projects and truly broadened by skill set.

There was nothing that I did not like about my experience.

The company provides a welcoming environment that allows employees to feel comfortable asking superiors for help and/or advice. The design of the internship really allowed interns to get an educational experience. The company is very good about getting interns involved in social events to foster a comfortable environment.

Navigant's summer internship program provides a great opportunity to network and experience the real work experience.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

the opportunity to do real work, being paired with a mentor, internship events each week to get to know the consultants, having the opportunity to meet managing directors, a rotation in which I experienced 2 practices, it felt like a professional program.

Cannot complain about much. The commute in DC is difficult.

be prepared for the full internship experience. you work from 8:30am to 5:30 pm. You have an hour lunch. After work there are internship sponsored events that you get to go to. They are a lot of fun and a great way to get to know your fellow interns and some consultants.

Advice to Management

I thought Navigant did a great job. Because it was project based, some interns had trouble getting work. So, maybe just being ready for them.

The Navigant Consulting Internship: A Litigation Consulting Experience that Encourages Growth In and Out of the Office

People
Learning Possibilites
Investment in New-Hires from Upper Management
Corporate Culture

I do not have anything to compare it to, but I was very impressed. Nothing to dislike.

Take all opportunities to ask questions to all levels of employees at the firm. Do not settle for one response.

Advice to Management

Comtinue to invest in the firm's candidates, they are what provide the energy and excitement that stimulates growth and evolution.

Great example of full-time work
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to work directly with upper management and having plenty of social events to get to know other people at the company

I was lucky and was assigned cases that I was interested in and were in my area of expertise, but it would have been nice to have a say in case selection

If you're interested in this line of work, Navigant is definitely a great place to consider. The culture is great and I genuinely enjoy working here.

Advice to Management

Compensation for incoming consultants is not very competitive with other consulting firms

Valuable experience with a great overview of the company.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Rotation program, direct exposure to client products, openess of directors

There were late nights

Get to know what you would be doing as a full time employee, decide if that is the career path for you, get to know the whole organization rather than just your group

Advice to Management

Pay is not competitive