Intern at Infosys Limited InStep? Submit a Review

The world's best brought together on one campus.

Bangalore | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diversity of fellow interns (both in terms of nationality and business function)
The campus (on-site facilities, food, people)
Program organization

Too short! I wish I had more time over there in India.

Even though you've probably never heard of Infosys, it's actually a huge and well-respected company in the industry. It's like the Google of India, and you'll realize that when you go over there.

Amazing would encourage many more students to undergo this internship

Bangalore | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was casual and fun at the same time but there I learned a lot

maybe could have gotten a bit more training

more about the project and what we would be expected to do there

The only thing that will change, or has the ability to change, your future.... is you.

Bangalore | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting so many people, giving presentations to roughly 200+ people multiple times, leading and developing a business competition on what I thought, having full autonomy to make my own decisions and deal with the outcomes, I had challenging issues on a daily basis but they made me a more rounded individual and gave me the opportunity to test my problem solving skills. The people were so nice, and you get to travel across India with 80 of your new best friends (other interns)

The only issue that I had was the cuisine. There are definitely ways to get around this as I found, but being an American with a somewhat diet that is fairly healthy, I did not like that there weren't a lot of options that suited my personal needs. I do understand that this is a different culture and country.. and I managed to figure out how to eat healthy anyways!

I think the best advice would be to not be afraid to try something new. This experience has been lifechanging in so many ways. Furthermore, do not be afraid to ask for more work, and do not take no for an answer. There are so many opportunities around for each and every single one of us but we get content-don't fall for that trap. Make sure that you take advantage of every single thing this campus has to offer, because it truly is unlimited.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more accountability for other employees. There are a lot of times where people literally do not have work to do because their projects have been pulled... Although this is a plight of the IT industry in itself, there can be some sort of required classes to keep people sharp and learning relevant skills.

Infosys InStep | Global Internship

Learning experience

Cultrure and work ethics

Amazing place to work

Advice to Management

Nothing

Java based questions and related to security.

Experience of a lifetime

Colleagues and work environment

Red tape procedures

It's a great experience. Very diverse. Will meet many new people and do good work as well.

Awesome discovery of Digital and India

Bangalore | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning experience, networking with MBAs and PhD students coming from the most reputed business school around the workd

the internship is just 3 months at maximum. I would have liked to stay longer

This internship is useful to people who do not knoe about tecnology and wnato to learn more

it was the best opportunity to learn from leaders and to enhance your skills and experience with diverse culture and with lots of enjoyment.

Diversity

There is nothing specific which i didn't like about my internship.

workspace provided can be improved.

Advice to Management

NIL

Regarding projects and programming languages.

The best internship in India.Work Hard, Have fun and Explore India.

Bangalore | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

My project has a direct application in IT system.
I had to deal with practical and active client data, one of the most achieving tasks for me.
It was a combination of research and industrial arena, I'm getting a publication with Infosys in one of the most prestigious conference, yeah!!!
Direct interaction with CEO, Founder, and CTO of a 10 billion dollar company.
I now have friends all around the globe, in top universities pursuing the best courses offered by it.
Interaction all interns is the best thing.We had interns' party every week so that we get to know everyone.Excursions were the most fun and memorable part of it.
Infosys has an exclusive InStep management team, just to handle interns' accommodation, arrival, stipend, tourism etc related problems.Which becomes very easy for an Intern and Project mentor to stay away from all clumsy stuff.
20 free cab rides for 10 weeks internship was also a good strategy, I don't think if anyone of the intern is able to complete even half of it, haha.
Three-star hotel accommodation, 24x7 room service, Incampus badminton/table tennis/basketball courts etc were also really good.The list goes on....

Infosys, Bangalore has only Indian food courts(South+North) inside the campus.There is no Chinese/American/Mexican/Japanese etc. cuisines available inside the campus.
Delay in debit card issue for many interns.

Infosys is not only a company, it's a brand which gives the once in a lifetime opportunity for experiencing top notch technical advancements in the IT industry.
I would like to have known the benefits I would have got before the joining the internship.I was quite unaware of most of the fun events before joining the company.Please read the "Pros" section for the great experience I've ever had.

Advice to Management

Debit card/ID card/Health card should be issued within a week at most.It becomes very difficult for a newly joined intern to get comfortable without them.
Compensation preferably should be done before the last date of the internship.
I did not like the idea of IBPC at all.Although all of the interns are most talented guys, the involvement of two Infoscions is the worst thing for me.As initially, they have shown interest in participating with us, but afterward, they completely vanished.Make teams involving only intern as choosing Infoscions is the matter of randomness.

I don't remember the exact questions asked to me, as It was held almost a year before I write this.
1)Getting comfortable type questions.(hometown/hobby blah blah blah)
2)What ML/AI/Probability-Statistics/NLP/Data-Mining related courses I have taken and briefly describe them.
3)Optimation/Prediction/Classification/Matrix Operation related problems were given to me to solve instantaneously, the interviewer was helping me whenever I got confused.
4)Supervised learning and Unsupervised learning and combination, Neural Nets related questions
5)My past relevant projects, what innovative idea I've tried to achieve.
6)Future aspects

Felt valued during the internship working on important projects, paired with amazing cultural growth and diversity

1. The diversity of campus with international interns
2. The work ethic and "family" feel of the InStep Team
3. Personalized care
4. Compensation and Benefits
5. Opportunity to grow and learn more about the industry

Some workspaces, like mine, are offshore development centres where interns have restricted access. Getting to work everyday was a bit of a hassle

That Infosys values it's interns and makes sure to do everything to ensure a pleasant and positive internship experience. I came in expecting nothing but was pleasantly surprised

Advice to Management

More integration with the full time employees during the internship, so that we can learn more about the company through their experiences

It was based on my resume and the projects they were looking to hire me for. Mostly technical questions about the programming language I would be using, my conceptual understanding of how sockets, scripts and interfaces work (project specific)

The most amazing internship in India!

Other (International) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The perks , the laid back structure and the closeness amongst all the interns

Absolutely none

I knew a lot about Infosys before hand because I previously lived in India , but wasn't aware of my project till the start of the internship

Advice to Management

None!

What are your skills?
What are you persuing?
Will you be able to code?