Cornerstone Research Summer Associate Program

Great learning and professional growth opportunity. It helped me to make an important decision switching from academia to consulting.
Boston, MA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent, friendly, and supporting work environment. Work in teams with outstanding people. Exposure to the front-page big legal cases. Variety of cases and tasks. Opportunities to work with experts from top US schools and financial institutions and clients from top law firms.

The difficult part was to find accommodation for 6-12 weeks in the Boston area in the period when a new school year was about to start. Work-wise, Cornerstone Research is a great place for an internship.

This job requires strong attention to details, proactive thought leadership, and commitment to quality. It also involves working in a team environment. The work does not involve frequent travels.

Interesting Research Opportunities and Great Culture
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great culture
Pay
Reasonable hours
Interesting and relevant work

Ran out of things to do at times

Great chance to apply research skills in finance and economics to highly relevant and current topics. Team-oriented environment.

Full experience of what working here is like. Highly qualified co-workers, challenging work environment, and management opportunities.
Washington, DC | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I actually felt that my internship very closely resembled what my full time position is like. Applied things I was learning at school in a real world context including a lot of quantitative analysis. Worked with very talented people who also were a lot of fun in social events outside of the office. Also worked on a case team and was responsible for managing a few analysts which is different than most internships where you work individually on a particular project all summer.

Interview process was a little long. Did not get the location I was originally hoping for, but ended up really liking where I went.

If you are interested in economic consulting or a job where you can use quantitative skills and the information you learn at school Cornerstone is a great place to work. Exposure to many different industries and real responsibility even during your intership.

Great Experience That Was Indicative of What a Full-Time Position Would Be Like
Menlo Park, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect was that interns were not treated any differently than new full-time hires. The company invested a lot of time and money into the interns even though we were only there for 10 weeks. Within 10 weeks I had a very good understanding of what it would be like to work their full-time. The pay is also very competitive for a summer internship.

For a large portion of my internship, I was on a very busy project that involved long hours. I understood that consistent long hours were not the norm at the company (and find as a full-time employee that it is not the norm), but it would have been nice to have more time to explore a new city.

Cornerstone is a fantastic place to work. The people are top notch in respect to both intellect and people that you want to be around. The work is interesting and diverse. The internship is the perfect way to determine if Cornerstone (and litigation consulting) is a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

Cornerstone actively tries to foster a work environment that people enjoy. I would say keep doing what you are doing.