Intern at Cornerstone Research Summer Analyst Program? Submit a Review

Incredible.

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work given to a summer analyst is the same work that is given to a full-time analyst, so it's a great learning experience and you actually get to contribute to the firm in a meaningful way.

There was a lack of formal review throughout the summer, making it difficult to know if you're work needed to improve or if you were doing exceedingly well until the last week of the summer.

Absolutely do it. It's a fantastic place to work full of the nicest, most intelligent people you'll ever meet.

Advice to Management

More formal feedback throughout the summer.

Discuss variables one would look at in analyzing the anti-trust aspect of a merger between two satellite radio companies.

Intellectually stimulating work in a supportive, friendly work environment

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The supportive, friendly, and candid people I worked with made my internship at Cornerstone a wonderful experience.

I would have liked to receive a bit more detailed feedback over the course of my internship.

If you're looking to pick up quantitative skills in an environment which privileges learning and intellectual rigor over inter-personal competition, consider Cornerstone.

Support Lawyers with Data Analysis

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the collaborative nature of the case teams. You regularly interact with people of all management levels and get a feel for what each person does on a daily basis.

The worst part about the internship is the sometimes long hours near filing dates. Some weeks you are very free and others you may have to stay very late into the night.

Unlike most other consulting firms, there is not that much client interaction at the analyst level. Analysts primarily perform data analysis, which associates later incorporate into reports and relay to the clients. Near the tail end of the case, you will also copy edit a lot of reports and standardize charts and figures to company standards.

Great work in a great atmosphere with great people.

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The atmosphere, collegiality, friendliness, welcomingness, opportunities to work on variety of projects.

Occasionally boring work i.e. data entry. Lack of communication about how I was doing for the first half.

Try to make an office visit! If you see the great atmosphere, I think you'll be convinced.

Advice to Management

I think they need to formalize a feedback system for interns. Several of the intern advisers had never advised before and were very unsure of their duties. I was lucky in that I got a very conscientious adviser who was proactive about learning about her role in order to help me, but others were not.

A good way to prepare is read through their case studies CR publishes on their website.

great work with great people - what more can you ask for?

Washington, DC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture -- so fun and so inviting to all new people from the CEO down to the summers. The softball league and retreats hosted by the firm were spectacular.

Length of internship, wish it were a little longer

great firm. One of the best in the industry. Focuses on financial work and the DC office focuses on the massive cases, so know that going in. But if it's what you're looking for, this is the place to be.

Advice to Management

Wish there would be more training especially in SAS. also wish MBA support occurred earlier

Tell me about a time when perfection was your goal.

Great culture, interesting work

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, meaningfulness of work

Day-to-day analysis work can get boring at times

Strong data/coding skills are a major plus

Fantastic Introduction to the Econ Consulting/Litigation Industry

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of my internship was my colleagues' eagerness to mentor me and teach me anything I was curious about. Additionally, I was given the a lot of responsibilities on my case teams, and I felt very welcomed on my case teams and in the office in general.

Nothing! It was a great opportunity to get an inside perspective on a wonderful company.

If you are interested in econ consulting/litigation, be sure to research the prevalent practice areas and size of the specific office you are interested in (not just the firm as a whole) because it will greatly impact your internship experience.

Utilizing all my quantitative skills in a great environment

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I met and overall environment were undoubtedly the best parts.

Sometimes the work can be mindless and tedious.

Cornerstone is a fantastic place to intern. You learn all the skills you need on the job and become even more marketable after leaving.

Advice to Management

Make sure to give feedback more often so interns know how they are doing.

Give examples of a way for highway patrol to make more money.

Great first consulting experience

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

interesting work and incredibly helpful coworkers.

I found the down-time between projects to be boring.

This is a great place to intern. Really welcoming and great people who all want to help you learn. A non-competitive environment.

Case studies on how to improve police forces, wine ratings in the 1800s, Canadian maple syrup industry.

Excellent culture; interesting work

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Quickly joining a case team and participating in real meaningful work

Very little feedback along the way

Specifically schedule feedback with senior analysts on your team. Don't hesitate to ask questions and be specific with your manager about learning priorities (ie a new coding language, etc)

Case interviews, but with an econometric slant not a "puzzle" like in management consulting