Intern at Charles River Associates Undergraduate Internship Program? Submit a Review

I am 100x smarter and prepared for any job I could ever want to have after this internship

Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

always busy, dong real value-added work that makes you use your brain

Stressful because they really challenge you

This is a fantastic place to work. 80% of people went to ivy leagues/great schools but none are pretentious. Will respect you if you work hard and do well

Advice to Management

Everything is awesome except my onboarding buddy

Tell me about your resume
How have you worked in a team
When have you disagreed with a supervisor
When have you had to solve a problem with a team

Fantastic internship, no complaints whatsoever.

Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Treated as a full time consultant, received incredible training and job experience

There weren't any cons

Be ready to work hard and advocate for yourself, but it's worth it!

Advice to Management

Provide more concrete expectations of what is expected of younger analysts and interns as their roles on specific project teams

Walk me through your resume

Analyst consulting clients involved in legal cases pulls lots of data from lots of resources.

Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Relationships with coworkers, always something new to learn, high but (usually) reasonable expectations

An intern project we did took away from time we should have spent on other projects. I appreciate the opportunity for us to do "manager level thinking," but we don't know enough to do that type of thinking/that kind of savyness comes with more experience in the field, and I'm ok waiting to get the experience necessary before acting like a PM.

I had an accurate image of what the company is like from my interviews. I guess everyone should be aware that you have to be flexible/work long hours often.

Advice to Management

I have heard Analysts get paid less than the interns, and I personally believe they should get paid more.

Why economic consulting this summer? How does your research connect with this job?

My internship at CRA prepared me well to enter the workforce next year.

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

My colleagues are welcoming and enjoyable to work with. I learn something new everyday. My ideas are encouraged and heard. The analysts and associates I am working under do not hesitate to give me a task I have never completed before, and they are more than willing to answer any and all questions I have.

Some days are long and monotonous, but more often than not, I have multiple tasks on my agenda that I can turn to at any given point in time.

There is a lot of room to learn and grow in this internship program. Beyond bringing initiative, hard work ethic, and brainpower, you are not expected to know much about the industry you will be working in- your employers want to give you opportunities to learn and grow. Although not required, it definitely will set you apart to have strong excel skills.

Gain Exposure to Law, Business, and Academia While Becoming an Expert Programmer

Salt Lake City, UT | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was the dumbest person in the room--from entry-level analysts to vice presidents, CRA's employees are consistently humble and brilliant. Also having the chance to participate in some of the most prominent merger and litigation cases happening nationally gives complex challenges and provides real intellectual satisfaction..

Unpredictable work schedule

Programming experience is the most important training for the job--learn how to use big data, and everything else falls into place. Also recognize that each practice and office vary widely on the skill set they are looking for--for example, my office is data science heavy, while others are more finance oriented.

Advice to Management

Provide more in-depth training resources on programming, particularly the more recent languages like Python and Julia.

Tell me about your econometric research paper. Why did you make assumption x?

Had every different type of project and experience that I wanted

Washington, DC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Felt like my work was meaningful and important to my project managers

variability of workload

Everybody is super friendly and approachable. If you work hard and are precise it will be a very good experience

Phenomenal work culture where everyone is engaging and wants you to succeed

Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to draw upon all of my skills while developing others in order to add value on a daily basis

Nothing comes to find at the moment

Research your field of practice to the greatest of your ability in order to be best prepared for your position

CRA Economic Consulting Internship - College Junior does real meaningful analysis work over the summer

Washington, DC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

actually participate on real reports/analysis (not just busy work), everyone at CRA is very welcoming/friendly, lots of work perks/happy hours/food in the office, learn to balance different assignments at one time

intern case study unorganized/given when have the most real work to do (would rather work on real cases than made-up case)

refresh excel skills

patient, perseverant and learning environment

Other (International) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

the colleagues, all very polites and available, and the Tools that they give and teach you.

There has not been anything in particular that I did not like

Prepare yourself as much as possible with programming softwares, especially Python and Stata

CRA Develops Students into Quantitative Jacks-of-All-Trades

Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of my internship was the responsibility. I was given a significant amount of responsibility when I was asked to help calculate drive times for a sensitive merger in London with a really tight deadline, These data were crucial to the analysis and I was at some points beyond belief that CRA was willing to give such a big task to an intern. Yet they did and I was able to successfully carry the task through, which was something I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do at some points.

The hours can be a bit long and CRA isn't the most vibrant of atmospheres. As on VP said early on, "CRA isn't as back-slapping high-fiving culture." That being said, people are extraordinarily kind and overall very pleasant to be around.

That this job requires you to be a self-starter. My roommate is in an accounting internship and I'm pretty sure he has been doing training-related activities for almost the last five weeks. I was given project work my first day here. Also, the analysis is left to the higher-ups. Econ consulting can sound glamorous to econ nerds, but the reality is that as an Analyst, your job is to get the data in such a place that other people can do analysis to it. Rarely have I used econometric techniques in project work, and that is not uncommon.

Advice to Management

Training. While I like the "sink-or-swim" part of the internship a bit, I think CRA could do a better job of preparing interns for project work.