Intern at CapTech Elevate Internship? Submit a Review

Working with a full team of interns and CapTech FTEs to design and develop a full-stack application that solved a business problem

Richmond, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with FTEs, one-on-one mentoring and coaching, lunch-n-learns with Principals and Managing Directors, work-life balance, happy hours, working with other interns

Plan for project was initially nebulous, but gave interns the chance to define it as we saw fit

CapTech is a mid-sized consulting firm that emphasizes work-life balance and going above and beyond. There is a focus on being able to work well with a team, both internal and external. There are plenty of resources available for you to take advantage of, but you need to have the initiative to pursue them.

CapTech exemplifies the perfect work-life balance while also growing me to my full potential.

Richmond, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Camaraderie, coaching, and investment in personal growth

Scope of the project was very large and intimidatingly unclear at times

I wish I would have known about CapTech's coaching culture beforehand.

Learned so much, great company culture, and potential full time offer.

Richmond, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great team work, loved the trainings, learned so much about both technology and industry. Loved working with eleven other interns on a big project for the whole summer.

I honestly loved it all.

Great company culture, incredibly smart people, being in Richmond (headquarters) was absolutely great, such a flat work culture that literally anyone in the company is incredibly accessible.

Advice to Management

Nothing

Spent the summer learning a lot and meeting great people

Richmond, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people, the learning experience, the environment, feedback

I really dont have any complaints

Get to know the people at CapTech. They want to know you as a person as much as they want to know you by your work

The best consulting experience possible in a 12-week internship!

Richmond, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The trainings in the beginning were very useful and being able to do a real project in an agile setting was great.

Nothing! The whole experience was great.

I didn't know how involved the project would be..in a good way!

CapTech is an exciting and rewarding environment with great work life balance

Richmond, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The supportive employees, getting to know how IT consulting works, all the trainings, the pay, the networking

Sometimes it wasn't clear what expectations, but this was a good learning experience as it can happen on a client.

You should be a self starter and be willing to take on a challenge if you see an opportunity.

A place to learn quick, fail fast, have fun, love work, enjoy the people you work with, and be yourself

Richmond, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The thing I liked most about this internship are the people. The interns were incredible at their jobs, but were also very easy to be around all day. We worked hard at work, and still found time to hang out after hours. The full time CapTech support staff for the internship were awesome. Anyone at CapTech would bend over backwards to help the interns.

The thing I liked least about the internship was the project. The project ended up being a great learning experience, but it had nothing to do with my studies in college.

Definitely lean on your support. They are awesome people who are here to help. Also, go to lunch with as many people as you can. Ask questions.

Advice to Management

I thought that compensation, hours, etc were more than fair. CapTech was willing to do whatever they could to help the intern's life be easier.

They asked many questions about what I had done in the past. They wanted to know how well I could work with other people. They asked a case study question about how to manage and analyze data from a fake business.

An internship where you learn how to be a consultant and are treated like a full-time employee

Richmond, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Social life and the learning experience

networking aspect

Take it as a learning opportunity, don't be afraid to ask questions and ask for help

Advice to Management

I think it's a good program

What would your best friend say about you?
What would your worst enemy say about you?

Great experience into IT consulting

Richmond, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great team support and project ideas

Less unimportant trainings

Great company

CapTech Provides Real, Applicable Consulting Experience in Highly Crafted Internship Program

Richmond, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Client environment provides real, applicable experience
- Strong balance of letting intern fail/struggle when necessary, but also providing the resources they need to succeed
- LOTS of team-building time. Sponsored events were a huge plus!

- It was too short!

TAKE the offer, and lean in to trainings. Be ready to fail, and keep an open mind!