Strategy& Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Consulting Internships  /  #28 Best Overall Internships

4.3 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 56 Intern Reviews)

Best place to spend your summer. The company really invests in you and takes care of you both from a professional and personal perspective
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great Pay, real responsibility, great people, travel

Some days were long

Come ready to work and learn, but be prepared to have fun too

How much you buy a hospital for?

What factors would you consider before purchasing an oversees pharmaceutical company?

advising executive leadership
San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People were amazing

Travel was not great

Great people

Advice to Management

Career flexibility

The strategy& culture is the best bar none

People, work culture, perks

The lack of travel for those interested in traveling.

Make sure you like the people because they will make or break your experience.

The fast-paced, complex work of a summer consultant can be stressful, but the amount you learn is unmatched.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people are all phenomenal, the work is challenging and the product we deliver is of extremely high quality. The compensation is above competing firms and the benefits are great.

The work-life balance can be challenging, but the people and office atmosphere make up for it.

When choosing an employer, consider foremost the work that you'll be doing. In the end, the hours are going to be draining and if you're not happy with the type of work you're doing or the people you're working with, you won't be successful or happy.

Why do you want to work at Booz & Company?

Tell me about yourself.

Advice to Management

Work-life balance should be further developed and looked after.

Opportunity to have direct interaction and make impact to the client, along with great exposure to the firm
San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked that I was able to take ownership of certain analysis and deliverables for the client. I especially enjoyed leading some of the client calls and presentations.

Everyone at the firm was extremely friendly and willing to answer questions.

I enjoyed the mentorship aspect, especially with my junior mentor who I was able to talk candidly with and ask any questions to.

There was good work/life balance on my project.

Because of budgetary issues, I was not able to travel very much on my project and spent most of the weeks remote. I would have liked more of the consulting experience.

I also would have liked a project more related to my interests, as I did not feel extremely stimulated by the type of work I was doing.

Strategy& is a great place to work. Consultants are aligned to specific practices and industries, which allows junior employees to delve into a certain area while still getting a breadth of experiences. The small firm culture (at least before the merger) allows you to get to know many of the other people in the office, especially in the smaller offices.

Advice to Management

More clarity about the merger.

An easier way to meet other people in the firm outside your practice.

Amazing ability to develop both personally and professionally and form strong future connections
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The members of my team were amazing to work with - professionally challenging, but also very personable and relatable

Uncertainty in exactly what senior leadership is looking for in client deliverables. Doing multiple revs on the same deliverable is discouraging and time-consuming.

Look beyond the analytics and hard skills, but how well you like the people you're talking to, and if you're willing to stay up till 2 am with them working on a powerpoint deck

Advice to Management

Compensate closer to how PwC compensates their interns - why is there two different structures?

Great experience, great people, great opportunities
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

learning a wide range of skills in a very short period of time

had to work late at times, but very rarely

great culture and personalities, make sure to consider that versus strictly prestige

- trade promotion case concerning coca cola grocery store marketing

- selling ecigarettes in the UK

Management Consultant in the Engineered Products and Services Division (Aerospace & Defense)
Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to see my project through from start to finish and the work I performed accurately reflects the work of a full-time employee. The recruiting staff worked hard to ensure we were getting the most out of the internship and were being given satisfying and sufficient work.

Some of the integration events with the rest of PwC felt a bit forced and uncomfortable. The cultures of the two entities are quite different and while both are great companies, interactions can be awkward at times.

The employees at Strategy& are amazing and make the company great to work for. The potential to get a full-time job offer is very real and they do not have a set number of slots, your success depends purely on your ability and effort. This internship will show you how you will be treated as a full-time employee and even if you decide that Strategy& isn't the company for you, that information is still useful in your search for an employer.

Estimate the number of golf balls sold in the United States annually.

Estimate the number of private jets sold in the United States annually.

Market study question with an ultimate yes/no on going to market.

Advice to Management

Strategy& is a great place to work, I do not want to choose something at random to improve that doesn't need changing.

Experiencing the real-world of consulting
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very realistic look in to what the consulting lifestyle is like, excellent pay and benefits

One of my projects was remote from the team, creating an undesirable work environment

Do your best to network on to a project in an industry you want to work in. There are more interns than work available, so you have a high chance of working in an industry or with a client that might not be your first choice.

Exposure to many aspects of the firm while being treated as a full-time hire
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Treated like a full-time staff member, meaningful contributions, exposure to lots of people and different types of work

Unpredictability in work streams and assignments

The acquisition has made the company stronger as they do the same type of work but vastly increased their network of relationships

Advice to Management

Create more company-specific loyalty and excitement -- build the mental perception of the brand