Strategy& Summer Internship Program

Intern at Strategy& Summer Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Fulfilling, challenging, excellent development opportunity
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Similar role to that of full-time Associate, opportunity for workstream ownership, multiple opportunities to network

Internship duration is too short

Fantastic, prestigious firm where high-level strategy consulting meets functional alignment

challenging consulting learning experience with helpful mentors and coworkers
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

personal mentorship and career development opportunities

long hours

wonderful high impact projects for great learning

Advice to Management

it may be helpful to provide aid in housing options

Incredible Opportunity to Work With Brilliant People on a Truly Impactful Project
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- The culture at the firm blew me away. Everyone really took an interest in my development and pushed me to get better every day. Plus they are just really fun people to work and travel with.
- The project I worked on will fundamentally change how the company operates going forward, and should enable them to achieve their long-term goals. Its fulfilling to leave a project feeling like you really accomplished something.
- The compensation at Booz was equal to or greater than the compensation offered by any of the consulting firms that my friends worked for this past summer.

- Booz focuses their recruiting efforts on MBA students, and as a result my class of undergraduate interns was small compared to other top firms. It wasn't a dealbreaker, but it would have been nice to have more young people around.

I think most candidates don't view Booz & Company as being in the same tier as the big three firms, but after my internship I can definitely say that companies and CEOs do. Clients really trust and respect Booz, and I think the job market will change to reflect that over the coming years.

It was an amazing opportunity to work with brilliant people and put what I learned to a real test.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed my fellow interns and the people that I was working with the best. They were very down to earth and fun to hang out with.

There was very little that I didn't like about the internship.

Be prepared to travel!

The chaos of consulting yields a comprehensive enriching experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

People within the firm were exceptional. Friendly, smart, passionate about their work, and sincere in their eagerness to help. The openness from Partner to Consultant at all levels were primary factors in my decision to accept the firms offer.

Flying every monday at 6am

Get to know the people well. Utilize your school's alumni to reach out to the firm. If you join the firm, you will be spending more time with your team mates than your own family. If you do not like the culture, you will be unhappy and unproductive

Advice to Management

The signing bonus is weak compared to other firms within the industry

MY INTERNSHIP WAS INTELLECTUALLY CHALLENGING AND GAVE ME EXPOSURE TO ALL THE TASKS REQUIRED AS A CONSULTANT
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

THE SPECIFIC PROJECT THAT I WAS ASSIGNED GAVE ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXPERIENCE ALL THE ASPECTS OF A CONSULTING PROJECT. I WAS ABLE TO DO RESEARCH, INTERVIEW EXECUTIVES IN THE CLIENT, MAKE PRESENTATIONS AND EXCEL MODELS.

THE PROJECT THAT I WAS ASSIGNED WAS IN AN INDUSTRY THAT I ALREADY HAD SOME EXPERTISE, AND I PREFERRED TO HAD EXPERIENCED A NEW INDUSTRY.

IN ORDER TO SUCCEED AT BOOZ, AND TO ADAPT ITS CULTURE, ONE MUST BE A TEAM PLAYER, WILLING TO COACH AS WELL. MOREOVER, ONE KEY ASPECT OF THE COMPANY IS ITS RIGOROUS PRAGMATISM IN ITS WAY OF THINKING. EVERYTHING YOU THINK, SAY OR WRITE, NEEDS TO HAVE A STRONG SUPPORT BASED ON DATA.

Advice to Management

THE GREATEST ISSUE TO ME IS THAT BOOZ IS A GOOD COMPANY AS MCKINSEY, BAIN OR BCG, BUT DOESN'T HAVE A STRONG BRAND AS THESE COMPANIES HAVE. SO MY ADVICE IS THAT BOOZ NEEDS TO STRENGTHEN ITS BRAND IN ORDER TO RETAIN MORE PEOPLE.

I can't believe they pay me to do this.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were incredible, they went out of their way to offer the time I needed to develop and improve.
The travel model made it very easy to get my work done during the week and then be a family man on the weekend.

Getting on a flight early Monday morning.

Get to know the firm - it is much smaller than the other top strategy firms which presents pros and cons. For me the entrepreneurial culture was a huge selling point. I got to work side by side with Partners and have breakfast with the firm CEO as an intern.

Advice to Management

Improve the marketing of firm strengths to potential applicants.

Excelent experience, lots of hard work
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very very good leargning and developement opprotunity. Interesting work, good pay, helpfull smart people

Need to hit the ground running. Short ramp up period.

Top teir management consulting firm.

Booz offers a fast-paced learning environment with mentors who truly care about your development.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentorship, down-to-earth people, collaborative culture, travel, fast-paced learning environment, fine dining

The hours worked were excessive.

Talk with as many junior and senior people in the firm as you can.

Advice to Management

Enforcing work-life balance by paying over-time or restricting hours worked could greatly improve quality of life.

2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to work on challenging work that really impacted the project, and the help and support of my team.

The travel and the early Monday morning flights.

Booz's culture emphasizes the practical, both in the work they do and in the people they hire.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)