Intern at Bain & Company Associate Consultant Intern (ACI) and Summer Associate (SA) programs? Submit a Review

Simply the Best

Chicago, IL | March 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Received world-class training and got to actually do the job that would be expected of me full-time. There were all of these fun excursions, and the recruiting team really tries to unify your class.

This internship isn't a cake walk, so prepare to do work.

Comments

Understand what the "Bain culture" and see if it really fits you.

Extremely fun and interesting experience, with the opportunity to become a true member of the team.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Bain does a great job of building a community and fully embedding its interns in the day to day. Unlike other internships, I got the full experience of being a consultant and had the opportunity to truly contribute.

It can be difficult to feel completely up to speed in such a short time.

Really prepare for the interview and fully understand Bain's culture. It is a unique culture that sets it apart from its competitors, and finding people that fit in that culture is an important part of the evaluation process.

Exciting, Intense work with awesome people and an awesome company

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people - Working with really smart, ambitious people helps push you to develop yourself

The autonomy - More than once I was given whole, discreet projects for the client to lead and solve on my own

The development - Whether it is formal training (in Cape Cod...awesome right?) or informal training from more senior members of the team there is a ton of opportunity to develop

Apparently you have to put something in this blank, but I can't think of anything to put

Be prepared for an intense internship - I was expecting much more hand holding and less client interaction. Most interns were given a discreet work stream that they were in charge of solving in the time they were there. Help was available but the responsibility to perform was on the intern

Typical case interview questions: Our client is a company that is losing money how would you turn it around... Our client is contemplating starting a business in this city....

Bain ACI program: learning, development, camaraderie, exposure, responsibility

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities for client interaction and the expectation that interns could and would participate in client meetings when appropriate, complex data analytics assignments, lots of slide design, many opportunities to interact with other interns and current employees in an informal setting, mentorship and commitment to addressing professional development areas.

Difficult to create a uniform experience across interns who were staffed on separate cases, hours were unpredictable but reasonable, a monthly subway pass would have been a nice perk.

Take time to get to know the people. Consulting requires such close collaboration that the quality of your coworkers will ultimately play a big part in how happy you are with your job. Bainies are down-to-earth, extremely intelligent, and don't take themselves too seriously. You will have opportunities to work with some of the world's leading companies, gain exposure to a variety of industries, and build a foundational business skill set that will give you tons of career flexibility and enable you to attack any business problem with purpose.

What are you most proud of?

Talk about a time when you had to display leadership?

Any question relating to something on your resume.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have intern events scheduled more on Mondays and Fridays when all interns are in the office.

The summer were I manage to learn a ton but have so much fun

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My team, support system, the culture

Nothing at all

Understand the staffing process and what makes it different than other firms.

Questions about leadership skills

Advice to Management

TRy to make the summer experience as similar as possible to alll interns

Training for expected full-time stint balances challenging work with fun, welcoming culture

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Firm culture, feeling of adding value, challenging/interesting work, intern events, cool travel opportunities

Unpredictable hours

Think about whether you want an ultra fun summer or to get a better idea of what a full time consulting job is - the internship offers both, but if you're not sure the lifestyle is for you it would be good to intimate that at the beginning to make sure you get more responsibility / work longer hours / travel, etc.

Size the market for ___ in ____

(Just read Case in Point for examples - structure might differ a little bit for Bain specifically but it will put you on the right path)

An incredible opportunity to develop your professional skill set, create long-lasting relationships and, above all, make an impact.

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Daily client interaction, strong coaching and development, amazing and talented peers/colleagues.

Sometimes the client doesn't listen to your advice.

Bain has a one-of-a-kind culture that you should definitely get to know. It is not like any other organization or consulting firm. It is very people focused, and people genuinely care about your well-being and development. Imagine working with your best friends on a daily basis, trying to solve very complex and difficult problems. That's what you'll be doing. Before you consider Bain, you should also have an idea of what type of industry you want to work in. Find the offices that serve those industries. Bain tends to focus more on local clients than other consulting firms, so the location you choose is very important.

A Summer of Working Hard, Learning an Immense Amount, and Meeting Incredible People

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of interning at Bain was the mentorship that was available. As interns, we were immediately welcomed into the office community and given responsbility. The full time employees wanted to get to know us and wanted to see us succeed!

I had a wonderful time this summer!

Ask questions! Full time Bainies are more than happy to answer your questions, so keep asking them. It shows you are alert, know what's going on, and truly want to learn.

All interviews were case based, with standard case questions.

Unparalled consulting internship experience jam-packed with real responsibilities and unbelievabably fun intern events

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

firm's investment in making sure the intern class is well-bonded, professional development, real responsibilities, people

traveling mon-wed was amazing experience to bond with the team, but I lost some chances to bond as much with the other interns who were not traveling, but overall nothing I really disliked about the internship!

Do not hesitate to apply to Bain if you are remotely interested in consulting!!

If you can get this job, take it in a heartbeat

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was an integrated member of the team, traveling with them whenever they did. I was able to contribute significantly to the work we were doing. The intern class was a spectacular group of people that made the summer super fun as well. I could go on and on about the pros, but I'll leave it at that

It was too short? My only complaint is that I didn't feel like I could truly dive in to the material in just 10 weeks.

If you get this job, there is no reason you shouldn't take it.

Where would you locate a local cafe to maximize revenue and why?

Advice to Management

None