Bain & Company Associate Consultant Intern (ACI) and Summer Associate (SA) programs

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Consulting Internships  /  #1 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #2 Best Overall Internships

Incredible learning opportunity for creative problem solvers interested in business
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture was one of the best aspects - getting to know people who are so smart and interesting but also fun made my summer very rewarding. People at Bain are truly incredible.

I felt that my work was appreciated and respected. My input was asked for by senior members of the team, and I received constant coaching and positive reinforcement.

It's difficult to say. The unpredictability of our work, not knowing where a case will go next, makes it exciting and at times a bit frustrating. But overall this is a very minor qualm.

Bain is a place that values it's people. You will learn a lot. You will work hard. And you will also have a lot of fun. Most of the Bainies I've met are close friends outside of the office. The culture is very strong and open and welcoming. It really defines Bain.

Advice to Management

In all of the above areas, Bain excels.

I would suggest that they delay some of our training to occur a week into the job. We front-loaded things that made little sense to us when taught before we began real work. But after a week, we needed help.

best high-profile generalist intern experience, where you are treated as an equal, not just a coffee boy
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work/life balance; perks like overnight office retreat in the Poconos and fancy dinners; great exposure to senior leadership and mentoring opportunities; two days off for 4th of July; great pay; brilliant and charasmatic colleagues

Not much to complain about besides there sometimes long hours and travel requirements

Be prepared to do whatever is asked for you, and have a good attitude about it

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - never underestimate the power of employee advocacy

Bain's ACI Program worth the hype
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to have a meaningful impact on my team/client. The office culture which is unmatched. The bonding experiences with my fellow interns and all of Bain's employees.

The hours were long at times but I still loved every minute

Just relax and remember that Bain wants you to succeed. They will put you in a position to grow and constantly challenge you to do better.

Advice to Management

Bain is already doing great, but should keep focusing on awesome events that bring the whole office together

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

'Standard Case Experience' - Hard Work - Interesting - Fun.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Given a substantial and important workstream of the case and a reasonable level of autonomy. The team was great to work with, it was a supportive and fun environment. Also doing very significant work for the client. The internship program was also fantastic.

I missed the up front team discussion of working styles and norms.

Great place to work. The work aspect of the internship is 100% 'real' work and interns are slotted in as a true consultant. There is also some great intern programming which allows the class to get to know one another.

A Work-Hard, Play-Hard Summer at Bain&Company
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The balance of real responsibility and fun. I learned so muc and usually had a great time doing it.

I really liked everything about it.

Bain is not only a well-respected company, but is filled with people who manage to balance an easy going, fun loving attitude with incredible work ethic and intelligence.

Fantastic Experience: Learned a lot, had a blast

Interesting case and workstream

Traveling with the team once a month

Great partner mentorship

Summer Meeting was AMAZING!

Case Team Event in Sonoma

Location in Times Square

Bain is a fantastic employer. Everyone is very focused on developing all team members. We challenge each other when solving client problems so that we can make a true impact. While we work hard, Bain has a lot of fun. There is a lot of focus on building relationships on your teams, within roles, and across the entire firm.

Best summer ever for professional and personal development

Everything!

Unpredictable hours in any client-based profession make it hard to plan things outside of work far in advance, but Bain does a great job working with their employees to make sure you can get away from the office when you need to.

Know that you will be taking ownership of several pieces of work, but feel comfortable reaching out to anyone in the office for help--Bain is such a supportive environment and everyone wants to help each other succeed.

Weekends were incredible and I still looked forward to work on Mondays
Sydney | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

office and firm culture

intellect and committment of the people

dedication to issue resolution and having fun simultaneously

nothing. it was amazing.

If you are truly uncertain about the difference between the top management consultant firms, spend a little time in the offices because the culture is quite different and you will likely find you fit in one of them more than the others. The interview process is another good way to get a feel for what is important to each firm.

Advice to Management

Nothing. I feel very fortunate to work here for the summer.

Amazing learning opportunites in a fast paced but supportive and fun enviroment
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to own and shape my own workstreams on each of the projects I took on. This helped me understand what it would be like to have these responsibilities in a full time capacity. Despite this autonomy, I always felt that my Bain team was there to mentor and support me. They left me just enough room to think through problems, but were always available with coaching and best practices. Outside of project work, the internship program at Bain offers both formal and informal ways to get to know your team, fellow interns and members at every level of the office. I was blown away by how eager everyone was to get to know the interns and just how genuine and impressive they each were as they talked through why they enjoyed this firm and what they had been able to do in their time here.

At times I put too much pressure on myself to have an answer or know the right questions to ask. While you are being evaluated it’s also important to step back and admit that you may need to ask for help on projects.

Bain is a very analytical and data driven place. While they rely on both qualitative and quantitative insights, it’s important that you like numbers and are ready to use them to dissect complicated problems. People here love problem solving and it would be overwhelming if you didn’t love it too.

Great mentorship, fun people, interesting case
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, opportunity to "test-drive" the real job, social events

The ability to experience only one case. Every case is different, so it would have been great (although difficult for Bain to organize) to have exposure to more cases.

Talk to as many Bainies are you can to get a strong sense of the type of people who work here

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)