Bain & Company Summer Associate (SA) and Associate Consultant Internship (ACI)

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Consulting Internships  /  #1 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #2 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Incredible learning opportunity for creative problem solvers interested in business

The culture was one of the best aspects - getting to know people who are so smart and interesting but also fun made my summer very rewarding. People at Bain are truly incredible. I felt that my work was appreciated and respected. My input was asked for by senior members of the team, and I received constant coaching and positive reinforcement.

It's difficult to say. The unpredictability of our work, not knowing where a case will go next, makes it exciting and at times a bit frustrating. But overall this is a very minor qualm.

Bain is a place that values it's people. You will learn a lot. You will work hard. And you will also have a lot of fun. Most of the Bainies I've met are close friends outside of the office. The culture is very strong and open and welcoming. It really defines Bain.

Advice to Management

In all of the above areas, Bain excels. I would suggest that they delay some of our training to occur a week into the job. We front-loaded things that made little sense to us when taught before we began real work. But after a week, we needed help.

Date: 2013

'Standard Case Experience' - Hard Work - Interesting - Fun.

Given a substantial and important workstream of the case and a reasonable level of autonomy. The team was great to work with, it was a supportive and fun environment. Also doing very significant work for the client. The internship program was also fantastic.

I missed the up front team discussion of working styles and norms.

Great place to work. The work aspect of the internship is 100% 'real' work and interns are slotted in as a true consultant. There is also some great intern programming which allows the class to get to know one another.

A Work-Hard, Play-Hard Summer at Bain&Company

The balance of real responsibility and fun. I learned so muc and usually had a great time doing it.

I really liked everything about it.

Bain is not only a well-respected company, but is filled with people who manage to balance an easy going, fun loving attitude with incredible work ethic and intelligence.

Bain's ACI Program worth the hype

The ability to have a meaningful impact on my team/client. The office culture which is unmatched. The bonding experiences with my fellow interns and all of Bain's employees.

The hours were long at times but I still loved every minute

Just relax and remember that Bain wants you to succeed. They will put you in a position to grow and constantly challenge you to do better.

Advice to Management

Bain is already doing great, but should keep focusing on awesome events that bring the whole office together

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Fun, Challenging, and Rewarding Summer

Fun activities mixed in with the work, incredible access to very senior people.

Nothing - it was awesome

Make sure you set up time to get feedback from your supervisor early and often

Date: 2013

Best summer ever for professional and personal development

Everything!

Unpredictable hours in any client-based profession make it hard to plan things outside of work far in advance, but Bain does a great job working with their employees to make sure you can get away from the office when you need to.

Know that you will be taking ownership of several pieces of work, but feel comfortable reaching out to anyone in the office for help--Bain is such a supportive environment and everyone wants to help each other succeed.

Date: 2013

Incredibly supportive environment designed to give you an equal view of the type of work and the type of workplace

The best aspect is that I am fully integrated into a team and able to own my own workstream, allowing me to truly appreciate the type of work I would be doing full time and feel like I am adding value to the team/client.

It's sometimes difficult balancing the desire to do the "real" work and to attend all of the additional events, whether they are informational, social, etc., within the ten week time line.

Bain really wants the interns to succeed. If you feel that you are having issues reach out to people as soon as possible, there are resources everywhere to help you have a successful summer (from colleagues, case team members, C1's, AC's, etc.)

I don't know...

- Having the opportunity to be mentored by people at all levels of the company, from new consultants to senior partners - Becoming a real part of the Bain community - Becoming great friends with all of the other interns and all of my co-workers - Learning so much about business and strategy - Having the opportunity to contribute to my team in a valuable way - Being challenged in a way that helped me to grow and learn - Doing work that was highly impactful (helping leaders of multi-billion $ companies make decisions)

Some days felt really long when I was working at my computer for many hours.

This is an unparalleled experience to do important, impactful, and exciting work with some of the brightest and nicest people that you will ever meet.

Date: 2013

best high-profile generalist intern experience, where you are treated as an equal, not just a coffee boy

Work/life balance; perks like overnight office retreat in the Poconos and fancy dinners; great exposure to senior leadership and mentoring opportunities; two days off for 4th of July; great pay; brilliant and charasmatic colleagues

Not much to complain about besides there sometimes long hours and travel requirements

Be prepared to do whatever is asked for you, and have a good attitude about it

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - never underestimate the power of employee advocacy

How to be a consultant

The level of responsibility allowed me to truely understand what life as a full-time consultant will be like.

Being an intern is not fun, becasue it feels like, and is, an 11 week interview.

Make sure you find the place where you are a best fit; find your natural owner.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)