Intern at Bain & Company Associate Consultant Intern (ACI) and Summer Associate (SA) programs? Submit a Review

Simply the Best

Chicago, IL | March 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Received world-class training and got to actually do the job that would be expected of me full-time. There were all of these fun excursions, and the recruiting team really tries to unify your class.

This internship isn't a cake walk, so prepare to do work.

Comments

Understand what the "Bain culture" and see if it really fits you.

The summer were I manage to learn a ton but have so much fun

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My team, support system, the culture

Nothing at all

Understand the staffing process and what makes it different than other firms.

Questions about leadership skills

Advice to Management

TRy to make the summer experience as similar as possible to alll interns

Extremely fun and interesting experience, with the opportunity to become a true member of the team.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Bain does a great job of building a community and fully embedding its interns in the day to day. Unlike other internships, I got the full experience of being a consultant and had the opportunity to truly contribute.

It can be difficult to feel completely up to speed in such a short time.

Really prepare for the interview and fully understand Bain's culture. It is a unique culture that sets it apart from its competitors, and finding people that fit in that culture is an important part of the evaluation process.

Training for expected full-time stint balances challenging work with fun, welcoming culture

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Firm culture, feeling of adding value, challenging/interesting work, intern events, cool travel opportunities

Unpredictable hours

Think about whether you want an ultra fun summer or to get a better idea of what a full time consulting job is - the internship offers both, but if you're not sure the lifestyle is for you it would be good to intimate that at the beginning to make sure you get more responsibility / work longer hours / travel, etc.

Size the market for ___ in ____

(Just read Case in Point for examples - structure might differ a little bit for Bain specifically but it will put you on the right path)

An incredible opportunity to develop your professional skill set, create long-lasting relationships and, above all, make an impact.

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Daily client interaction, strong coaching and development, amazing and talented peers/colleagues.

Sometimes the client doesn't listen to your advice.

Bain has a one-of-a-kind culture that you should definitely get to know. It is not like any other organization or consulting firm. It is very people focused, and people genuinely care about your well-being and development. Imagine working with your best friends on a daily basis, trying to solve very complex and difficult problems. That's what you'll be doing. Before you consider Bain, you should also have an idea of what type of industry you want to work in. Find the offices that serve those industries. Bain tends to focus more on local clients than other consulting firms, so the location you choose is very important.

If you can get this job, take it in a heartbeat

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was an integrated member of the team, traveling with them whenever they did. I was able to contribute significantly to the work we were doing. The intern class was a spectacular group of people that made the summer super fun as well. I could go on and on about the pros, but I'll leave it at that

It was too short? My only complaint is that I didn't feel like I could truly dive in to the material in just 10 weeks.

If you get this job, there is no reason you shouldn't take it.

Where would you locate a local cafe to maximize revenue and why?

Advice to Management

None

Summer internship with Bain & Co. provides unparalleled opportunity for learning

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diverse set of experiences amongst intern class, social aspect of internship is incredible (tons of events for interns throughout the summer), supportive supervisors/senior employees, high degree of transparency with feedback and offer status

There were honestly no true negative aspects of the internship for me.

If you are looking for a place to learn as much as possible right out of college while keeping the doors open for any career path this is the place. I met people doing incredible things while at Bain or right afterwards, and they all attributed their success to the training they received at Bain.

Incredible experience making an impact for a highly regarded client while working with a talented team.

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the company culture and the work.

Some of the day to day research was quite tedious. My workstream had no client interaction.

Approach your summer workstream in a structured manner and don't be afraid to ask for help if you get stuck.

Why Bain? Why consulting?

I received very few behavioral questions - mostly why Bain / consulting and then case discussion.

Bain's summer involves working on supportive teams, with fun and incredibly intelligent individuals, and focusing on client results

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The exposure to the firm's culture (via it's amazingly impressive people) - Bain goes out of its way to make sure you meet people from all levels, with various backgrounds and expertise

nothing comes to mind

Take advantage of the many opportunities to experience Bain's culture to validate if it is the correct fit for you

n/a

Advice to Management

n/a

A real case experience, mentorship and devlopment at all levels, and as much fun as you can fit in a summer

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work that Bain does for clients is impactful and cutting edge. Bain does a great job allowing interns to be a part of a real case experience in the 10 week program.

Because it was a real case experience, there were a few late nights and work can be intense at times. However, everyone is available to support you through that.

I don't think people fully understand the implications of Bain's staffing model. Because teams are staffed from the same office, you get more access to partners and really get more opportunities to build close-knit relationships with your team. Coming from another consulting firm with a national staffing model, this made a huge difference on the culture at Bain and the level of relationships people have in the office with one another.

Walk me through your background/resume.

Why do you want to do consulting?

Why Bain?

What has your favorite professor/class been and why?

Advice to Management

Within consulting, there will always be a challenge around work-life balance. Bain has processes in place to make sure teams are actively managing this but the work is demanding at times.