Intern at Bain & Company Associate Consultant Intern (ACI) and Summer Associate (SA) programs? Submit a Review

It's as good as they say it is.

Houston, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Best aspects were the personal development opportunities and the interesting work.

Travel was tough, but the points and benefits (great dinners, fancy hotels) more than make up for it.

If you get the chance to do any internship with MBB, do it. Especially Bain though - they really try to protect your personal life. I was shocked at how many times they said "no way are we letting you stay later, you need to go home with your wife" or something to that extent.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

An adventure where you hang with your new best friends and help important executives make crucial decisions.

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

1) People: Incredibly fun, intelligent, and engaging. Many friends and mentors formed this summer. 2) The work: Intellectually stimulating, apprenticeship model leads to a lot of learning, dynamic. 3) The opportunities: The sky is the limit.

Some of the hours were a bit long, but that was 100% worth it.

If you want to work somewhere where you will be intellectually challenged, have an abundance of opportunity with almost any path in life, and have a community of friends and mentors, then Bain is the place for you. If you don't want to work extremely hard, already have access to THE opportunity that you want to engage in later in life (that is not consulting), or are looking to be somewhere for a short period of time and not invest in the community (though any time spent will be an awesome time), Bain might not be the best place for you (though still a very good place).

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work. I think it is crucially important that Bain keeps being thoughtful about everything. Couldn't really ask for more; keep up the high bar for everything!

Market Sizing Questions

How would you think about X business situation?

Does [previous statement made] make sense?

Best all around internship experience anyone could ask for

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

You get to do meaningful and impactful work (if I wasn't doing this project, someone else full-time would be), and the program allows for time to really get to know your fellow interns - you get super close - and the rest of the office

Nothing. It was perfect.

Just be yourself - a lot of it is culture fit; people are genuinely the best out there, and they just want to see that you're someone who's easy to work with and be around.

Amazing summer experience at a great firm

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The structure and support received over the summer, and the team dynamics

None, I enjoyed every aspect of the summer

Be sure you understand what consulting is, and that experiences across interns can vary dramatically based on the project you are staffed to

From Social Impact to Airlines: Bain Prepares You to Get Stuff Done

Dallas, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Lots of fun activities (boating, cooking class, nice meals)

Real responsibility- my work went to the CFO of a Fortune 500 company

Great mentorship

I didn't get along super well with my first team

Bain is legitimately the best place on the planet to work.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have a little more interaction with the partners but I know other interns did get that aspect

A Real Glimpse into the Life of Consulting

Dallas, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team and mentorship environment were great! I never felt lost or on my own. Also, every one is dedicated to making sure that your experience is a positive one.

Because of the way that consulting is, some times were very busy while others were not. This is not something that was at fault of the program, but rather just a real look into consulting.

This was a great experience that solidified my interest in consulting. I wasn't sure if I would like the travel lifestyle but this internship allowed me to evaluate all my concerns and showed me that this is my future.

Challenged, but always supported.

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

My favorite part of the internship was that everyone was very willing to mentor me and help me when I needed it.

Not sure. The job is demanding, but I did not expect anything else.

Bain is a great place to learn quickly. There are always opportunities to do something more and try something new.

Advice to Management

I think the internship program was very well organized. The only piece of advice I would offer would be to focus more on diversity.

I cannot recall right now, but they were standard consulting case questions.

Working at a world-leading organization, where every day there is emphasis on personal development, teamwork, delivering great results

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Engaging work on a real-life case, great opportunities to interact with wide spectrum of office from ACs to Partners, strong focus on socializing with other interns, plenty of opportunities to learn every day

Work can be cyclical, with peaks and troughs in terms of hours required

Be sure to spend time speaking to people from all levels of the organization to get a sense of the environment and type of work.

Advice to Management

Continued focus on training, providing all interns with a consistent an experience as possible

Walk me through your resume, explaining the key decisions you have taken up to now

Describe a time you showed initiative

What are you most proud of professionally and why?

What are your passions outside of work?

incredible internship, the best thing you could possibly do if you are right for it / if you are able to get it

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, how much you learn, how you are treated like an adult / taken seriously, how much time and effort people from all levels invest in you both personally and professionally, how real everything you're doing is, how much you learn

Long hours, but they're not that bad

The hardest part is the application/casing preparation - it is grueling. but if you get a job, this is the best thing!

Advice to Management

There's nothing it could be doing better (seriously)

You have case interview, and personal questions.

Fastracking your business management career

Atlanta, GA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Owning my own work stream that was an integral part of the case.

I would not really change much. Bain is the best about travel of the top consulting firms but still requires some so be prepared for that.

Culture really separates Bain from other consulting firms and makes a huge difference in the day to day of the job.