4.8 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 94 Intern Reviews)

Extremely fun and interesting experience, with the opportunity to become a true member of the team.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Bain does a great job of building a community and fully embedding its interns in the day to day. Unlike other internships, I got the full experience of being a consultant and had the opportunity to truly contribute.

It can be difficult to feel completely up to speed in such a short time.

Really prepare for the interview and fully understand Bain's culture. It is a unique culture that sets it apart from its competitors, and finding people that fit in that culture is an important part of the evaluation process.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Unparalled consulting internship experience jam-packed with real responsibilities and unbelievabably fun intern events
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

firm's investment in making sure the intern class is well-bonded, professional development, real responsibilities, people

traveling mon-wed was amazing experience to bond with the team, but I lost some chances to bond as much with the other interns who were not traveling, but overall nothing I really disliked about the internship!

Do not hesitate to apply to Bain if you are remotely interested in consulting!!

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

The summer were I manage to learn a ton but have so much fun
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My team, support system, the culture

Nothing at all

Understand the staffing process and what makes it different than other firms.

Questions about leadership skills

Advice to Management

TRy to make the summer experience as similar as possible to alll interns

Exciting, Intense work with awesome people and an awesome company
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people - Working with really smart, ambitious people helps push you to develop yourself

The autonomy - More than once I was given whole, discreet projects for the client to lead and solve on my own

The development - Whether it is formal training (in Cape Cod...awesome right?) or informal training from more senior members of the team there is a ton of opportunity to develop

Apparently you have to put something in this blank, but I can't think of anything to put

Be prepared for an intense internship - I was expecting much more hand holding and less client interaction. Most interns were given a discreet work stream that they were in charge of solving in the time they were there. Help was available but the responsibility to perform was on the intern

Typical case interview questions: Our client is a company that is losing money how would you turn it around... Our client is contemplating starting a business in this city....

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Bain ACI program: learning, development, camaraderie, exposure, responsibility
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities for client interaction and the expectation that interns could and would participate in client meetings when appropriate, complex data analytics assignments, lots of slide design, many opportunities to interact with other interns and current employees in an informal setting, mentorship and commitment to addressing professional development areas.

Difficult to create a uniform experience across interns who were staffed on separate cases, hours were unpredictable but reasonable, a monthly subway pass would have been a nice perk.

Take time to get to know the people. Consulting requires such close collaboration that the quality of your coworkers will ultimately play a big part in how happy you are with your job. Bainies are down-to-earth, extremely intelligent, and don't take themselves too seriously. You will have opportunities to work with some of the world's leading companies, gain exposure to a variety of industries, and build a foundational business skill set that will give you tons of career flexibility and enable you to attack any business problem with purpose.

What are you most proud of?

Talk about a time when you had to display leadership?

Any question relating to something on your resume.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have intern events scheduled more on Mondays and Fridays when all interns are in the office.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Impactful, diverse, and engaging casework; aspiring and inspiring colleagues
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The coworkers, the planned events, and the realistic (but very real) expectations for the interns' work contributions.

Honestly, nothing comes to mind.

Bain's reputation for transparency and friendliness across the office is well-deserved. I genuinely felt like each encounter was a burgeoning friendship - from my manager to HR to office services. This atmosphere complements the quality of the firm's work.

Market size of a music festival: how much revenue do you think a large-scale, three day, urban music festival will generate?

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Join a fantastic team of talented individuals and create value for clients on interesting cases
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Too many to list. But among them...

1. Working with fantastic people

2. Doing cool work on interesting cases

3. Compensation is generous

4. Fantastic opportunities for personal development (many trainings and opportunities to learn valuable skills on the job)

5. Incredible access to talented individuals both inside and outside of Bain (such as grad school admissions officers)

1. Hours can be long but the company makes every effort to make them fun and worthwhile

2. Travel can be hit or miss, depending on the client site

The interview process was challenging but certainly worth it at the end. The ACI program will give a very accurate idea of what full-time work at Bain is like

Difficult to state succintly. Basically, the interview is two parts. One part is the fit (tell me about yourself, name a time when...), and the other is the actual case. I had four different cases, but the basic premise in each one is to solve a problem using the information given, while being able to walk the interviewer through your thought process. There's definitely a combination of math and "softer" elements to each case.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! The training is very valuable, and certainly helpful when recruiting a class from such different backgrounds (everyone from finance majors to English majors)

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Fun experience that really let you learn and understand firm culture and how they help clients

Great team environment

Heavy travel during the week

Make sure you understand the cultural differences between firms and that you choose the consulting firm that matches your preference

Rigorous case work with real input by interns. Exceptional intern programming with lots of fun in NYC. Truly lifelong friendships formed.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was never doing busy work and I knew exactly where my input would plug in as the team put together its analysis for the client. Beyond doing results-driven case work, the best aspect is really knowing that everyone at the firm--even the principals and partners on your case--really wants to get to know you personally, not just professionally. This job is all about the people, and Bain has the best people.

Ten weeks was too short! I want to start full time ASAP!

At the end of the day, your consulting experience will boil down to your experience on your case team. Bain's teams aren't just exceptionally smart and very good at delivering results to their clients--they are people you'll want to (and will actually) hang out with outside of work. Whether that's picnicking in Central Park, or sailing on the Hudson, or tasting neat foods at new restaurants, you won't just have "work fun," it'll be real fun.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Bain's summer involves working on supportive teams, with fun and incredibly intelligent individuals, and focusing on client results
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The exposure to the firm's culture (via it's amazingly impressive people) - Bain goes out of its way to make sure you meet people from all levels, with various backgrounds and expertise

nothing comes to mind

Take advantage of the many opportunities to experience Bain's culture to validate if it is the correct fit for you

n/a

Advice to Management

n/a