VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Consulting Internships  /  #1 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #2 Best Overall Internships

Intern at Bain & Company Associate Consultant Intern (ACI) and Summer Associate (SA) programs Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

An amazing experience working with smart people in an engaging and fast paced work environment.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Company culture, type of work, interactions with senior leadership and excellent training.

None - it was an amazing experience!

Although everyone is really smart, they are extremely humble and expect you to be a great team player.

An opportunity to learn and grow within an amazing culture

The people and relationships

Sometimes not having ownership of my work

Try to take in and learn as much as you can; don't be afraid to ask questions.

"Bain makes you better: humanities major gains solid confidence in employability, profoundly enjoys the experience"
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

MENTORSHIP, unbelievable supervisors, colleagues, managers, HR support, internship coordinators, etc. And endless supply of resources who care about my happiness and development. Regular constructive feedback, opportunity for upward feedback.
NETWORK, a "real" network, with people I truly believe want to help further my professional goals and will call me back if I need it. WORK HARD PLAY HARD: self-explanatory. The most valuable work, the most genuine fun.
EXPENSING: I love expensing things.
NO BUSY WORK: Almost no stupid busy work, felt I made a very tangible impact on the team.

If you're too enthusiastic you might get a little ignored towards the end-- if they can tell you'll accept your offer, they won't spend as much time shmoozing you. But they like you better overall if you're already on board!

BAIN MAKES YOU BETTER! You get better friends, better mentors, better skills. You get to work with wonderful people and learn to be a pleasure to work with. You learn how to communicate better, leverage your time better, get results faster.

Advice to Management

A stipend for housing would be nice...

The Bain ACI program is the best all-around internship for college juniors interested in any facet of business.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Supervision, social life, work-life balance (so much better than friends in banking), ability to contribute meaningfully as an intern, office culture

Repetition in assignments occasionally

Try and talk to as many people as possible; your experience will be made by those you're working with and those that you're spending time with in the office when not working. Get to know the other interns and the first/second-year employees!

You are expected to provide excellent work but you as a result you get meaningful and important assignments

People/Culture

Sometimes could have received more work

Definitely take advantage of your manager/supervisor. They want to help you!

Advice to Management

Overall the program was excellent! I would have liked to see maybe a couple of more varied events (maybe going to a water park/ other bonding stuff that we usually don't get to do as students who go to colleege), but overall amazing!

SA Works Hard and Is Excited to Return Full-Time
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were a) the fact that I was able to do work so essential to the successful completion of the project, resulting in a steep and exciting learning curve, and a good understanding of what the full-time job would be, and b) the relationships I built with my managers, who provided me with excellent professional development feedback and personal support.

I would have benefitted from more formal ongoing training throughout the summer (although I still learned a lot from the existing formal training at the beginning of the summer, and the informal training along the way).

I can't overemphasize the importance of cultural fit when choosing a firm!

Stellar introduction to Bain and the work of management consulting.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Bain offered incredible professional development opportunities, impressive client contact, strong mentorship, and a tremendous amount of fun.

Nothing stands out.

If you are considering management consulting, Bain's internship offers a fantastic culture and a stellar professional experience.

Summer Internship is Too Good to Be True
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The firm culture is the best part of Bain. Everyone is so supportive, dedicated, and really fun. I felt like as an intern I was a full member of the team, and it was a really fun team to be a member of.

Since the internship was only 10 weeks, I wasn't able to work on a case for the entire case, which I would have liked to do.

Spend time with your prospective colleagues and see if you mesh with the culture. If they are people you would want to spend a lot of time with, that's a good sign that its a good firm for you.

Interesting and challenging work + intelligent, fun, and friendly people + great training = an incredibly fun and rewarding summer!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

1) Office culture/people: everyone was incredibly fun and friendly, 2) Support: both my supervisor and the people around me were willing to help me with any question I had, no matter how trivial. 3) Responsibility: I was given ownership of a significant work stream, which lead to a great learning experience 4) Fun: Bain goes out of its way to make the ACI experience a lot of fun through in-office events and after-work outings

1) Pay, which, although generous, may be slightly lower than some other firms or internships in the finance industry

I think it is relatively easy to evaluate consulting vs. non-consulting positions, while deciding between different consulting positions can be more challenging. When evaluating different consulting offers, what drew me to Bain was its unique culture. I found Bainies to be incredibly fun, smart, and friendly, and enjoyed spending time with them. In evaluating consulting jobs, I recommend you get to know people in each firm, as these are the people you will be spending a lot of time with on the job.

Bain internship is the perfect mix of work, life, and the best corporate culture in the world!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Corporate culture, peers in the intern class, ownership of a real client problem, phenomenal support system within the company with lots of touchpoints to ensure my success and development.

Nothing - I genuinely had no negatives.

The culture at Bain is built to ensure that you will succeed and will have fun while doing so. It's challenging, but supportive, and the people are second to none.

I found this review helpful (2 others have found this review helpful)