Intern at A.T. Kearney Summer Consultant Program? Submit a Review

See if you can be a real consultant 10 weeks

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people on my team were the smartest and most personable people I have ever worked with.

Clients are resistant to change that is good for them!

You really are expected to contribute your own ideas and realize them into deliverables. I really felt like my ideas were being heard and considered with the same weight as anyone else on the team.

Advice to Management

More transparency from partners

Working hard with an incredible team

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The development and feedback from your my manager, working with my team, and of course, the intern events every Friday.

N/A -- it has been an excellent experience so far.

The culture at A.T. Kearney is tightly-knit and entrepreneurial. I was surprised by how flat my team is and how much responsibility I was given with the clients.

Advice to Management

A.T. Kearney has taken very good care of its inters -- n/a

A simple welcome to the complex world of consulting

Other (International) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship is the culture of the office. Consulting projects with top tier firms in the middle east are approximately all very heavy, which stresses the importance of enjoying the ride and creating relationships with the people in the office. That, I can guarantee I did at A.T. Kearney.

During some part of the internship I had to work remotely because of visa complications.

There's nothing I wish I had known before starting the internship because I attended all the presentations and I was invited to an A.T. Kearney dinner before the interviews, which gave me an insight about the office, the culture, the type of work and they turned out to be exactly what I expected. My advise is to try to interact as much as possible with the people before the interviews to make sure you can get along with them and you fit in the culture of the firm.

Validating Consulting is for me

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with my team each week, collaborating with high-caliber people, learning something new about my work and myself each day

No real complaints.

Take feedback seriously. Showing coachability is a key piece to receiving a return offer.

Advice to Management

Pair summers with managers who went through the program when possible.

Again

Colleges, advise, learnings

Working hours

Very professional

MBA accelerator with a great group of people.

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

You are consultant with responsibilities and trust from day one, truly working on important part of project.
Real view of what being a management consultant will be like for full time.
Team is very open to help and support you, just ask.
Great team environment, with many travel perks.

Travel can be challenging flew from coast to coast each week for project, but important to experience during summer internship to ensure you can do it full time.

Reach out to as many people as possible that you are interested in chatting with, everyone including partners are very happy to talk and answer any questions you may have. The internship is you interviewing the employer as much as anything else.

Advice to Management

Project Contract that the team follows, is a great work/life addition, allows everyone to set expectations upfront for the project, most use it and follow it closely. Opportunity to push the few teams that don’t use or adhere to it, to do so (make a big difference).

Be comfortable to speak to interests outside of work or school. Make sure they get a picture of your whole multi faceted self.

Informative experience

Other (International) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was extremely friendly and open. They were helpful.

I did not get as much work as I would have appreciated

Use this opportunity to network with the analysts, as well as others outside your project team.

Advice to Management

Give more responsibility to the interns and engage them more with work.

Challenging tasks in a fast-paced, ambitious environment to develop an innovative client solution

- Colleagues!
- Tasks
- Compensation

- Working 4 days a week at the client
- Monday mornings...

- A lot of internal drive to push the company

Advice to Management

- Offer full-time jobs at the end

Extremely fun

Working with interesting people

Working hours

I've been at MBB before and did not think I would like this internship as much as I did.

Opportunity to leverage existing core skill set to explore new industries and funtions

London | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

A.T.Kearney's London office brings together some of the smartest people from the most diverse backgrounds that I have had the pleasure of working with. Undoubtedly the most satisfying part of my 10 weeks at the firm was getting to meet and work with the intelligent, talented, and incredibly welcoming consultants here at ATK.

While there are a great selection of projects to potentially get staffed on, the pipeline is not as large as what you would see at larger consulting firms. This means that timing of project start dates can play a large part on what you're staffed on next. However, this is typically the case on most firms so it's not a deal breaker in my opinion.

Don't pick the job you want; pick the person / people you want to work for / with. If I had met more people at ATK, I would've ranked the firm as my top choice going in to recruiting.