Intern at AlphaSights Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Rapid Learning

Teams, Trainers, Benefits, Office, Projects

I think the repetition of the projects could get long at times.

I wish I had known what kind of great exposure I would have to advisors and clients.

Opportunity to grow professionally and gain valuable skills that will assist in everyday life and my future career.

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working alongside a team, having meaningful work to do from start to finish, having countless opportunities to learn from seasoned employees, and receiving feedback on how I can improve throughout the internship.

Nothing comes to mind

Lots of opportunities to grow professionally and learn from other colleagues during your workdays.

Great Place to Work

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great hours, great people to work with

Compensation is not great

The people here genuinely want to help you succeed and be the best at your role

A summer of hard-work, yet rewarding work and amazing office environment

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The energy and people at AlphaSights are unreal - makes work hours fly by. The projects we work on are also SO diverse - I learned so much in 10 weeks about many different industries and business segments and have a better understanding for how global business processes work. Fantastic mentorship and opportunities for professional development. Further, the career path at AlphaSights is well-explained, and an offer is either given or not on the last day so that we are able to take time to evaluate our possible career path at AS or instead know it's time to look elsewhere.

Truly there's not a lot of cons here. This is a top-notch internship program and the Professional Development team works incredibly hard to make it that way. It's such good training, a fantastic learning experience, and has an incredibly well-set up program with specific guidelines, a rotation
No cons! I loved it here.

This is hard work - prepare for the first few weeks to be stressful. I always considered myself a personable, good-at-conversation kind of person, but I found the first few weeks of calling up advisors and working on projects to be daunting. Know it'll get easier, but expect to work to gain new skills.

Advice to Management

We are all high caliber people, working incredibly hard and often picking this career over careers that pay a little more. I think everything else is fantastic but compensation could and probably should be higher.

Case study interview; behavioral questions
Everyone is so nice and want to see your personality as well

Paid internship involving hands on work experience completing the day to day tasks of a full time employee.

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people who work at AlphaSights are both incredibly encouraging and supportive. It's a great atmosphere to work in and you never feel weird about asking questions. You develop lifelong skills including communication, organization, understanding of business, and responsibility.

The lack of choice in the segments you are placed.

I wish that I had known just how much growth AlphaSights was experiencing and the real life impact that we make on business and industries every day.

Advice to Management

N/a

strengths/weaknesses
going through a case
why you would be a good fit for alphasights
a weakness you've tried working on but can't seem to improve upon

Great opportunity to have an impact

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to generate revenue for the company and learn a lot.

I wish we could have more responsibilities as interns and communicate with clients directly.

The company is growing a lot and there is a lot of room for growth and upward mobility.

A summer full of challenges and personal growth.

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The relationships I made with my coworkers and fellow interns. Also the fact that we were able to get a taste of what working at AS full-time was all about.

I enjoyed most all of it.

Make sure you are prepared to fail at times. It is impossible to be perfect in this job.

Advice to Management

Some exclusive intern events would be fun!

`1. What is something about yourself, that I wouldn't be able to tell on your resume?
2. Explain our day to day work process

Collaborated with a dynamic, diverse team of individuals to pair clients with the world's best knowledge

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Collaborative work environment, great office culture, high industry exposure, fast paced, "people" skills

Low specialization (not necessarily clear "exit ops")

AlphaSights is a great place to work if you don't really know exactly what you want to specialize in as it gives you broad industry exposure and develops all the other necessary soft skills for success in business and in life.

An incubator for soft skills development and fast-paced thinking in an exciting and supportive environment.

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

My teams and my trainers were the best people I've ever worked with--their selflessness and our group mentality really made the entire experience so enjoyable. I will miss them dearly when I leave, and I think that's a testament not only to how strong of focus the firm has on team bonding and efficiency but also to how authentic and personal the entire internship experience was.

The rotation of teams in the latter part of the internship was difficult because 1) having to adjust to the new structure and especially given the de-centralized systems of tracking progress, etc. at the firm and 2) the rotation was too short to get an in-depth understanding of the new segment and develop the skills needed within that specific client team.

AlphaSights is an incredible place to work and I've never met people who are more friendly, driven, and selfless. Before starting my internship, I would have liked more information about my team in terms of expectations for hours and minute details of the work style.

Software Engineering Internship with hands on coding both on the frontend and backend, with support from engineers

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part would first be the team. The team is really always there to help me and the trainers that I had were amazing. Besides the team, the amount of hands-on experience I had was great.

There was not enough inter-department interaction between interns in different department. Maybe this is on purpose since there is no need for them to interact, but it would be much better if there was chance for intern in one department to learn about what an intern in another department is doing. There were a number of events that I did not hear about or was told about too late, and I think this should be improved.

You will get much more hands-on coding experience than a lot of other engineering internships. Ironically, you also have a lot of research experience as well. Comparing with my fellow interns from tech companies, or tech department of finance companies, this is surely an advantage. The team is really nice.

Advice to Management

Hours could be shorter.

Pick a mobile application that you use on a weekly basis, and try to draw a workflow of how you would develop a similar app.