Accenture Technology and Management Consulting Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #3 Best IT Internships  /  #4 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #10 Best Consulting Internships

Date: 2013

An experience that helped me to develop personally and professionally.

The chance to work with some of the most brilliant people ever and the mentorship received.

The job description was unclear at first but that was quickly fixed.

Go in with an open-mind and get ready to be challenged!

Date: 2013

Great experience with great people

Being able to work directly with clients

not applicable

Take advantage of networking opportunities

Date: 2013

Advance your technical and real world experience while finding out what work-life balance is really about

-- Intern events -- Ability to travel -- Working at a fun, interesting client -- Upper management being engaged in the interns experience and making themselves available for questions, etc

-- Being the only intern located out of my cities office and having to travel approx. 90 min to go to intern events at a different office

This company provides a great opportunity to use technical and interpersonal skills in a unique and engaging way. It also gives you the ability to connect persoannly with clients and other comapny employees. It is a fast pace environment and you have the opportunity to work on many different projects in a variety of differnet fields.

Advice to Management

-- Split up the intern and new hire orientations. There was a lot of information that was not pertinate to the interns, such as health and retirement benefits. -- If multiple projects are available in a particular area where there are multiple interns allow the interns to rank the jobs they find most interesting. Productivity will increase if the interns like what they are doing.

Bringing Health Insurance to the Uninsured

Traveling around the US with an incredible project team, working on relevant/big issues that you read about in the Wall Street Journal every day.

Traveling in and out of New York can be brutal... Be prepared for delays!

Accenture is full of great people. You will find success at the firm by aligning yourself to people that do work similar to what you want to do.

Date: 2013

Excellent project, flexible work hours, great team!

I was given the freedom to contribute to the direction of the project and participated fully in brainstorming and working sessions internally and with the client.

Not much, really. Accenture worked hard to provide a great experience.

Accenture is a great place to work on challenging projects with talented people. The firm does a great job balancing its size, which provides excellent opportunities, with its culture, which it keeps refreshingly close-knit and collaborative.

Date: 2013

BEST experience ever. You feel like a full time

Is incredible how Accenture work with the best people, the people in Accenture is what makes the company

For my it was a great experience.

In Accenture you have the opportunity to control your future.

Date: 2013

Fun, educational, and fulfilling summer!

Coworkers, involvement, client interaction, software skill, and weekly group intern events.

Daily travel to client site.

Large company hence capable of offering great benefits. Extremely accomodating with respect to location and work preferences.

Advice to Management

Design a more intimate subdivision inside Accenture Management Consulting

The Importance of Learning on the Fly

The opportunities to prove myself as a valuable asset to the team

I wish I had more opportunities to use technical skills; the extent of my technical skill was in Excel, while I hoped to use more analytical skills, such as math or computer science

Don't be shy because you're an intern! Also, learn to see your role from other parties' perspectives; it will provide you with great insight on what they are looking for from you.

Date: 2013

Exciting and impactful supply chain strategy project

they treat you like a full-time consultant

Sometime the travel wears you down.

At Accenture you can really customize your own experience. Take advantage of the diversity of resources and specializations.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Great People, Great Work, and Great Company

Accesibility of managing directors/ senior managers/ and managers. New/ challenging work with support to succeed.

I wish I had chosen an office with more interns.

The atmosphere is for someone who is outgoing, personable, collaborative, and proactive.

Advice to Management

Ensure all interns are technically qualified for their area and that work can be broken down into a manageable piece.