Accenture Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #3 Best IT Internships  /  #4 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #10 Best Consulting Internships

Bringing Health Insurance to the Uninsured
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Traveling around the US with an incredible project team, working on relevant/big issues that you read about in the Wall Street Journal every day.

Traveling in and out of New York can be brutal... Be prepared for delays!

Accenture is full of great people. You will find success at the firm by aligning yourself to people that do work similar to what you want to do.

Great People, Great Work, and Great Company
Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Accesibility of managing directors/ senior managers/ and managers. New/ challenging work with support to succeed.

I wish I had chosen an office with more interns.

The atmosphere is for someone who is outgoing, personable, collaborative, and proactive.

Advice to Management

Ensure all interns are technically qualified for their area and that work can be broken down into a manageable piece.

Great experience with great people
San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to work directly with clients

not applicable

Take advantage of networking opportunities

An experience that helped me to develop personally and professionally.
San Jose, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The chance to work with some of the most brilliant people ever and the mentorship received.

The job description was unclear at first but that was quickly fixed.

Go in with an open-mind and get ready to be challenged!

Excellent project, flexible work hours, great team!
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given the freedom to contribute to the direction of the project and participated fully in brainstorming and working sessions internally and with the client.

Not much, really. Accenture worked hard to provide a great experience.

Accenture is a great place to work on challenging projects with talented people. The firm does a great job balancing its size, which provides excellent opportunities, with its culture, which it keeps refreshingly close-knit and collaborative.

BEST experience ever. You feel like a full time
Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Is incredible how Accenture work with the best people, the people in Accenture is what makes the company

For my it was a great experience.

In Accenture you have the opportunity to control your future.

Exciting and impactful supply chain strategy project
Houston, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

they treat you like a full-time consultant

Sometime the travel wears you down.

At Accenture you can really customize your own experience. Take advantage of the diversity of resources and specializations.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Advance your technical and real world experience while finding out what work-life balance is really about
Milwaukee, WI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-- Intern events

-- Ability to travel

-- Working at a fun, interesting client

-- Upper management being engaged in the interns experience and making themselves available for questions, etc

-- Being the only intern located out of my cities office and having to travel approx. 90 min to go to intern events at a different office

This company provides a great opportunity to use technical and interpersonal skills in a unique and engaging way. It also gives you the ability to connect persoannly with clients and other comapny employees. It is a fast pace environment and you have the opportunity to work on many different projects in a variety of differnet fields.

Advice to Management

-- Split up the intern and new hire orientations. There was a lot of information that was not pertinate to the interns, such as health and retirement benefits.

-- If multiple projects are available in a particular area where there are multiple interns allow the interns to rank the jobs they find most interesting. Productivity will increase if the interns like what they are doing.

First hand experience on what the company is about

The people

Recruiting

Great opportunity

Abundant senior management visibility for intern owning large, important deliverables
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The right amount, quality, and time allocated to intern events. Fully owned key items in the workplan. Fair travel requirements. Flexible travel and accommodating per diems.

I would have liked to see better communication to the managers of the interns. They often didn't seem to know what was going on / what expectations were. This led to interns being forced to miss events, critical to the experience, since managers would not let them go.

Accenture Management Consulting leaves a large wake. This is a double edged sword - it allows consultants to own the process from strategy to the hand-off to implementation, but it also means it is not pure-play strategy work and may not be as high-level as other firms.

Advice to Management

One area that seems to have a wide variety of experience is the buddies. Some have great buddies - to the extent that they would take an offer not to disappoint them. Others are not viewed as valuable at all. Similarly, my buddy knew about my offer before I did, which makes me less likely to view them as a unbiased channel since they're clearly part of communication going on.