Intern at Accenture Summer Analyst Program? Submit a Review

A wonderful way to gain invaluable experience and discover a bit more and who you are the direction you would like head.

Washington, DC | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience, Exposure

There was a time where I had much downtime, would've like to have been more involved

Be patient in the first few weeks, let things breathe, don't be afraid of your inexperience.

Incoming seniors learn a lot about consulting and technology.

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on a real-life consulting project, learning different aspects of technology, having responsibility on the team

Honestly, my project was not the best, but all consultants face that at one point or another

Different parts of Accenture (consulting vs strategy vs digital, etc)

Advice to Management

I think Accenture does a great job managing and engaging its employees. Keep it up!

Challenging role that encourages personal growth and creativity

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Spending time with the team working through difficult problems, Student Leadership Conference in St. Charles, IL, being paired up with a project/location buddy and taking on more responsibility.

I disliked not working with other interns on my project.

I wish I would have known that Accenture provides you with a lot of opportunity but due to its large size as a company, you have to take initiative to ask the right questions and advocate for what you want to get out of the company. If you're not able to do that, then you can get stuck in a role that isn't the right fit for you.

Working has never been this good

San Jose, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people (my team)
the diversity

the location
the project itself was okay; my role wasn't that sexy, yet I manage to obtain the best of it.

Meet the other interns ASAP, specially those that are going to be living near you; its good to have company if you are in a new place.

Advice to Management

I think interns should obtain the Bonus before starting the internship; we got the Bonus in our first paycheck, which was almost 2 weeks after beginning the internship. Getting the Bonus after would help big time to find accommodation for the summer. I had a really tough time trying to finance my first 3 weeks in the internship (before getting the first paycheck). Everybody have a different background, therefore, for some people money is not an issue. Speaking for myself, I had the make a loan in order to give a down payment and the first month for the room I was renting for the summer. In the city that I stayed, they have a high cost of living, therefore, it was even more hard to manage surviving until getting paid.

What I like to do for fun?
Where do I see myself in the future?

It's all in the numbers if you look hard enough

Houston, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture. The culture. The culture! Accenture has an amazing strategy to develop their employees and make them capable to deliver end to end solutions.

In internships like these the experience is great, the people are great, and the locations are great as well; but, the company does not provide much help when it come to housing and transportation (a part from the sign on bonus, there is not much guidance in these aspects).

You will be treated as a full time employee, in this internship I got the chance to interact with leadership and the client as well as staying connected with fellow interns. The company is big on building relationships and I can't stress it enough... network, network, network!

Everything I expected from Accenture

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, Culture, Student Leadership Conference, Employee Resource Groups, recreational opportunities, flexible schedule, excellent supervisor, and the ability to organize my work around my skills and interests.

Interns do not have full access to MyLearning nor do we receive formal training.

Be proactive. Your supervisor will not always be able to think of assignments, so it helps to find ways to add value without clear direction. Also, note that the social scene is a bit awkward if you're not 21.

Advice to Management

This might only be true for my project, but even though 1st year analysts are required to earn overtime for hours over 40, some analysts complain that their supervisors do not allow them to. This needs to stop, or else you'll have some lawsuits coming your way.

I don't remember specific questions, but my case interview was analyzing all the challenges associated with upgrading a company's back-end legacy information systems. The interviewer specifically asked me not to produce a final recommendation but simple to discuss the case, ask good questions, and explain my thinking well.

Working might bring a livelihood, but its not life - Accenture gets that.

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Accenture understands that quality people make an organization; by far the best aspect of this internship was the caliber of people I met and worked with.

I honestly didn't dislike anything!

Be dedicated to your work; be thorough and take it seriously. Work comes first; playtime second.

Advice to Management

N/A

Contributed to project deliverables as an intern

Detroit, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Autonomy, real project experience

Project selection process for the summer

The people are really the key asset in the company

Learn As You Go

Seattle, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of the internship was being able to network with a lot of other employees at Accenture and hearing about what they do. The people were all nice and willing to provide advice and assistance for my own career as well.

The part I liked the least about the internship was the organization of our projects. Many of us did not know what our project will be like and a lot of the projects seemed to be unsure of what t do with the interns.

Don't be scared of what the project entails and may require of you because you will constantly be learning on the job, and if you're not sure of something, they are more than willing to help you.

Advice to Management

I think that they can settle having our projects ready and credentials we need for the projects prepared before we get to the client site in order for us to make the most out of our internship.

What was a challenging project you worked on and how did you overcome it?

Intellectually stimulating and rewarding. The people leverage your strengths and their own to maximize learning and understanding.

Atlanta, GA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and culture. The work is fun but more then that, the people you work with are enjoyable to be around and to work with.

I did not like that our department did not have designated seats near each other. Having to reserve rooms and specific desks you didn't always know who was in the office and it was less collaborative. The day goes by a little faster when you're with your department.

The internship will fly by, so learn as much as you can about the role and the company to judge if you think you would be a good fit if a full time opportunity is presented. You will be thrown a lot of information in a short period of time, so do not be afraid to ASK questions. People except you to. Network with people. At the end of the day, these could be the people you work daily with, so understand what they do, ask how they got their, and determine how you could fit into the company and where you would want to go. Really try to soak it all in, Accenture is a wonderful company and no doubt your time will go by in the blink of an eye.

Advice to Management

For our department, we do not have specific seats. A lot of people do not. You reserve workspace or rooms around the office. However, it is a more fun and collaborative work environment when everyone is together versus set up all around the office.

Give an example of a time you worked in a team, what do you think you brought to the group?