Accenture Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #9 Best Consulting Internships

Accenture treats interns as part of the team and makes an effort to expose them to all aspects of the company.
Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking opportunities, number and variety of intern events, my team trusted me and gave me meaningful work

I wish i was able to get a security clearance sooner

it might be good to gauge the specific interests of interns so recruiters could have another factor to take into consideration when placing interns on projects

Describe a time when you stepped up as a leader

Describe a time when you made a mistake and how you handled it.

Describe a time when you handled conflict

Advice to Management

begin the security clearance process sooner for summer interns

Real Project Implementation Experience
San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

*Great work culture

*Lack of information beforehand about project placement & housing options available

*Accenture is a great place to get technical consulting experience and see how projects go from proposal to implementation.

Positive experience, nice people, boring work
Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the intern activities.

The work was boring, and had little interaction with other people.

They send you to Chicago for a weekend and it's paid.

2 behavioral interviews for tech. You don't have cases unless you do management consulting

Advice to Management

Let you know sooner about whether you get an offer and the location of the project.

The best the consulting lifestyle has to offer
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, networking and development opportunities.

I would have liked more interaction with other local consultants.

Consulting is very much a lifestyle. If you are at all intrigued or interested I strongly encourage you to pursue an opportunity with Accenture.

Process of Elimination Averted: The Summer I Realized Where I Wanted To Commence My Career - at Accenture Federal Services
Alexandria, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were:

-the people

-the real work experience and business need you're able to gain and contribute to

-the networking opportunities

-the overall culture of the company

- the technology

-the global ties the company has

-the many locations and opportunities for travel

Commuting to Alexandria, V.A everyday.

I would have preferred to have a client within the actual city of Washington, D.C so that I would have been able to utilize the metro.

-Networking is key: reach out to Accenture's recruiting and let your interests be known

-Do your research: know why you want to be apart of Accenture, their accomplishment's, abilities, and overall logistics about the company

-Hone in on a specific skill-set or ability you have

1.) name a time in which you had to display leadership abilities and what was the end result?

2.) describe an instance in which you had to work in a group setting or with other people and how were you all able to accomplish your goal.

*expect detailed questions and be very mindful of your body language and overall appearance.

Advice to Management

In terms of internships and interns, I believe that all managers should look into having a rotation program implemented within their specific team or project to allow interns to rotate amongst the different teams/projects during their internship duration to learn as much as possible.

It's not about having the experience, it is about what you get to learn from it.
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I met very smart and talented people. I was also able to develop some presentation decks that were shown to the client's executive board. Most importantly I greatly enjoyed the fact that I received so much help and feedback from many Accenture people to help me make the best out of the internship.

I mostly worked with Excel and Powerpoint applications during the internship given the nature of my role. It would have been great to have had the chance to work with other applications were I would have less knowledge of.

Accenture believes that their biggest asset is their people, I have to agree with that all the way.

Tell me, based on real experiences, the process of how you could take a lot of information from a client and organize it in a way that could be easily interpreted by the client.

Advice to Management

N/A

Learn, Grow, and Be Greater Than You Imagined
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being trusted to do real work that my colleagues would have still done had I not been there. I was given the priveledge to work directly with my assigned client in order to create value for my team.

Not being on a consulting team with the other interns. We did, however, work in close proximity which was nice.

Understand a role that a consultant plays for their client. Be willing to work hard.

Best people best internship.
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The intern events and activities.

The location of where you are working can sometimes be difficult to get to.

Great if you are a problem solver and are open to trying new exciting things each day.

"What is a time when you saved yourself or someone else a lot of money?" "How do you go about solving a problem?"

Accenture offers intern senior-level client exposure and opportunity to make strategic recommendations
Saint Louis, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Client exposure, access to leadership, fun team atmosphere

Long hours, painstaking detailed work

Accenture is a fun, challenging environment that offers plenty of opportunitites to network and develop

If you were to present to a newly hired CMO, what would you say and why?

Advice to Management

More structure to the internship

Incredible people. Fantastic clients. My Accenture experience was truly "greater than" my wildest expectations.
San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, client diversity, global network, national intern conference

More focus on technology than expected

Talk to as many people as possible and get a feel for Accenture's high-performance culture. There's endless opportunities at Accenture-- you just have to be willing to go out and find them!

Our client is a global digital company that is merging with a small, but quickly growing technology startup. What are some factors we should consider throughout the merger process?

Advice to Management

n/a