Turner BRIDGE Program Internship

Date: 2012

Getting true exposure to the world of construction

The best aspects of the internship were the people I worked with and the experience I gained that has helped me in my classes, obtain multiple job offers from different companies, and will help me when I start working with this company in the summer.

One of the aspects I liked least about my internship was that, because I was only there for two and a half months it was difficult to have any type of long-term project.

This internship was a really good exposure to the construction world. I was exposed to the superintendent side, the engineer side, and the project management/scheduling side. It is also good to see the type of people you would be dealing with in the field. Everyone at Turner that I have worked with (I've done three internships with them) has been very friendly, helpful, intelligent, and dedicated to their work.

Date: 2012

It was my opportunity to learn, grow, and become aware of what I am capable of.

It was great to be able to have hands on experience. I enjoyed meeting everyone at the different job locations. Everyone had great advice for me and it was nice to be able to network with people from different departments.

I really have enjoyed all of my co-op experiences so far. The only thing I'd say I didn't like was being in an office from 8-5 every day. There was nothing wrong with the people I worked with, I just think I am happier doing work that requires me to be hands on.

This company is great to work for. Everyone is very helpful and I have felt support since day one.

Intriguing, Priceless, Exciting, Invigorating

Even though I was really young and I just finished my second year in college, I was able to get a lot of responsibilities and initiatives. I was able to take on my little projects and also assist with the the bigger project.

Nothing in particular.

Be yourself and do not be afraid to stand up and take on duties.

Advice to Management

Give your interns their opportunity to shine even more!

Date: 2012

Best experience one can get that college will never be able to teach you or show you

The people that I worked with, they became my family in a way the enviorment that I was working in was awesome. I was shown many aspects of the construction management that they dont teach you in college because it has to do with real world examples and your in the middle of it.

Nothing was really a problem while I was doing my internship.

Being organized is key to running a proper construction job site in and out of the office. Stay on top of your duties and if you fall behind which you shouldnt, take the time to fix it and learn from it.

Date: 2012

Incredible opportunity for industry experience with top construction management company

The best aspects were the people that I worked with, the experience I gained in the industry and the opportunities that I can gain after interning with such a prestigious company.

What I liked least about the internship was that I was limited to being able to help out my co-workers becuase of my lack of experience.

My advice to potential interns would be to take the position seriously, network, and try to learn as much about the field as possible.

Advice to Management

I believe there really is nothing that this organization needs to do to become a better place to work, they are the best in the industry.

An Overall Great, Real-Life Experience

Learning real-life skills along with meeting some amazing, inspirational people within the company.

The commute.

Amazing corporation who treats you right

Date: 2012

Great people, great experience, great company

The people i worked with had to be the most helpful aspect of my internship. You can get paid well anywhere in this industry, but if you don't like the culture at work then it can be miserable. I loved the culture on the jobsite.

I didn't like having to leave so early for school. i was learning more in the internship than I was at school.

Get to know the company and it's people inside and out. Find something you do that can make yourself stand out from the others.

Advice to Management

Try to have more social events for employees and interns so the interns can begin the networking process. I wish I could have met more of the upper-management of my office.

Date: 2012

Real world experience, and learned from the best people in the industry.

Best aspects of the internship would be how I got started right away in the field. I did not push any papers or get coffee to upper managment, I experienced what is like to be upper managment and what it takes to be successful .

I had no bad experience working at my internship.

Always ask questions to any thing you do not understand. Everyone in my organization was more that glad to answer all my questions, and always take pride in your work.

Advice to Management

I feel that interns should get pay raises as you progress throughout your internship. You gain experience each month and get better at your job, which i feel deserves a little pay raise to reward your hard work.

Experiencing A Learning Curve And Having Fun While Doing It

The best aspects would be the team that I work with and the learning environment. Every member of my job site staff has been and continues to be helpful in teaching me about the construction business. They constantly encourage me to ask questions and if they don't know the answer, they make a valid effort to direct me to someone who can answer my question. Even the subcontractors in the field are willing to take the time to explain to me any questions that I may have about their trade. My job site staff is a team and they operate as such and always include me.

At times I will be given vague or less detailed instructions on an assignment and when I have several questions about how I am to complete it, the person who assigned the task may be busy or encourage me to figure things out on my own. As an intern I understand that I will be tested to see what I can handle or to see how I operate in certain situations, but personally I prefer to complete a task the first time around and do it correctly. However, I understand that those situations are learning experiences that I am put in for a reason. In the working world there will be times when I don't have complete instructions on how to accomplish things and that I need to be able to make executive decisions on my own.

The best advice that I can give to potential interns for Turner is to not be afraid to ask questions about anything no matter how big or small. Also, make sure to get involved in all aspects of the company. Participate in any group activities that your team may have and definitely become involved in the company's community service opportunities.

Advice to Management

I would just advise the organization to continue helping the interns feel included in the company by making sure that they meet as many people as they can and continuing to offer them the opportunities to participate in certain activities such as holiday parties and/or community outreach activities.

Reassuring My Decision to be an Engineer

I never had any downtime I was always doing something. Everyone was extremely friendly and taught me how to succeed at working in the engineering field. Everyone looked out for my interests. My supervisor wanted to make sure I was working in the field I wanted to study but I was also placed in many departments so as to get a taste of everything.

There was nothing to dislike whatsoever.

Make sure you make yourself available at the workplace and constantly ask for work. Be extremely friendly and do a lot of talking.

Advice to Management

I was happy with everything.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)