Turner BRIDGE Program Internship

An Overall Great, Real-Life Experience

Learning real-life skills along with meeting some amazing, inspirational people within the company.

The commute.

Amazing corporation who treats you right

Date: 2012

Experiencing the day to day operations of a top-tier national construction company that deals with high profile clients.

Experience

Not seeing all projects, meeting all employees.

Great company with great employeers that get to work on the highest profile jobs.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of negative attitudes of on-site labor in respect to project managers and project executives. This applies to the industry as a whole. Maybe that’s what it’s supposed to be like or maybe it’s unavoidable, I don't know. But, being able to see both ends of work, I personally would like to dissolve the negativity between the working force and the executives. If the on-site hands favor working for Turner more so than others, their production will increase, and they will be fighting to come work for Turner.

Date: 2012

Spent another great summer with Turner and hoping to return for another.

The best part of my internship was working with different people and learn from what they had to teach me.

I did not like how slow my internship started. It took people a little time to get me engaged in their projects.

Everyone at Turner is willing to stop what they are doing to help you with your task. If you take advantage of this early on in your internship, you will learn a lot.

Advice to Management

I would like to be involved in more training sessions.

Date: 2012

if you like doing project evaluations,scheduling, and attending confrence meeting's with very intellectual people, then Turner is the place

the best aspects of the internship were the learning expirences, the networking oppertunities, as well as becoming affiliated with the companies culture.

nothing at all

The company is flexible to the needs of the intern and will assist you in working out scheduling difficulties.

Dynamic Industry Focused Internship Completed by Intern

The quality of the people I worked with was like any other internship I have had. Everyone I was surrounded by was very knowledgeable and willing to help, even when they were extremely busy.

I LOVED that I was a part of the Turner team while I was an intern. The tasks that I performed everyday were important to the team goals and objectives.

If a candidate is looking to gain knowledge of the construction industry at its highest level of integrity, discipline and performance, then Turner Construction is the perfect tutor. The internship opportunity allow for real-world construction experience and responsibility that will adequately prepare you to work for a successful career in the construction field.

Amazing Way to Learn the Business

the amount of things i learned. i felt that everyday i was learning something new and important. what i learned over the summer is now making things in the class room much less challenging.

there really wasnt anything that i didnt like.

be open minded and willing to learn so that you can make the most of the experience

Advice to Management

possibly get rid of the two week pay system and the online time sheets

Experiencing A Learning Curve And Having Fun While Doing It

The best aspects would be the team that I work with and the learning environment. Every member of my job site staff has been and continues to be helpful in teaching me about the construction business. They constantly encourage me to ask questions and if they don't know the answer, they make a valid effort to direct me to someone who can answer my question. Even the subcontractors in the field are willing to take the time to explain to me any questions that I may have about their trade. My job site staff is a team and they operate as such and always include me.

At times I will be given vague or less detailed instructions on an assignment and when I have several questions about how I am to complete it, the person who assigned the task may be busy or encourage me to figure things out on my own. As an intern I understand that I will be tested to see what I can handle or to see how I operate in certain situations, but personally I prefer to complete a task the first time around and do it correctly. However, I understand that those situations are learning experiences that I am put in for a reason. In the working world there will be times when I don't have complete instructions on how to accomplish things and that I need to be able to make executive decisions on my own.

The best advice that I can give to potential interns for Turner is to not be afraid to ask questions about anything no matter how big or small. Also, make sure to get involved in all aspects of the company. Participate in any group activities that your team may have and definitely become involved in the company's community service opportunities.

Advice to Management

I would just advise the organization to continue helping the interns feel included in the company by making sure that they meet as many people as they can and continuing to offer them the opportunities to participate in certain activities such as holiday parties and/or community outreach activities.

Date: 2012

It has been a great experience and learn new things on a daily basis.

I get to have duties and responsabilities as well as hands-on experience.

To me, everything that I have done during the internship has been great.

The way they treat their interns is the same way they treat ther full-time employees and their numerous benefits.

Advice to Management

I think is just right the way they perform and do things

Date: 2012

Fantastic learning opurtunity where your work leads to real world results and cutting edge buildings!

Turner does a great job in incorporating all aspects of the construction industry into their internships. Working with subcontractors, engineers, architects, and the client leads to a great understanding of construction. Turner encouraged me to become LEED certified as well as OSHA certified.

No particular part of my internship stands out as a con. Everything Turner asked of me was another opurtunity for success.

Take some construction management courses within college. Diversify your class schedule to experience all types of engineering/ construction / safety. Become familiar with Excel, Word, Bluebeam. Keep persuing Turner as a potential employer even after an initial interview.

Date: 2012

Great introductory experience in the construction field

Opportunity to learn about my field of interest

It was a long commute

Turner is a great company that respects and treats employees well