Turner BRIDGE Program Internship

Date: 2012

Best experience one can get that college will never be able to teach you or show you

The people that I worked with, they became my family in a way the enviorment that I was working in was awesome. I was shown many aspects of the construction management that they dont teach you in college because it has to do with real world examples and your in the middle of it.

Nothing was really a problem while I was doing my internship.

Being organized is key to running a proper construction job site in and out of the office. Stay on top of your duties and if you fall behind which you shouldnt, take the time to fix it and learn from it.

Date: 2012

Great people, great experience, great company

The people i worked with had to be the most helpful aspect of my internship. You can get paid well anywhere in this industry, but if you don't like the culture at work then it can be miserable. I loved the culture on the jobsite.

I didn't like having to leave so early for school. i was learning more in the internship than I was at school.

Get to know the company and it's people inside and out. Find something you do that can make yourself stand out from the others.

Advice to Management

Try to have more social events for employees and interns so the interns can begin the networking process. I wish I could have met more of the upper-management of my office.

Date: 2012

Real world experience, and learned from the best people in the industry.

Best aspects of the internship would be how I got started right away in the field. I did not push any papers or get coffee to upper managment, I experienced what is like to be upper managment and what it takes to be successful .

I had no bad experience working at my internship.

Always ask questions to any thing you do not understand. Everyone in my organization was more that glad to answer all my questions, and always take pride in your work.

Advice to Management

I feel that interns should get pay raises as you progress throughout your internship. You gain experience each month and get better at your job, which i feel deserves a little pay raise to reward your hard work.

Date: 2012

It was my opportunity to learn, grow, and become aware of what I am capable of.

It was great to be able to have hands on experience. I enjoyed meeting everyone at the different job locations. Everyone had great advice for me and it was nice to be able to network with people from different departments.

I really have enjoyed all of my co-op experiences so far. The only thing I'd say I didn't like was being in an office from 8-5 every day. There was nothing wrong with the people I worked with, I just think I am happier doing work that requires me to be hands on.

This company is great to work for. Everyone is very helpful and I have felt support since day one.

Reassuring My Decision to be an Engineer

I never had any downtime I was always doing something. Everyone was extremely friendly and taught me how to succeed at working in the engineering field. Everyone looked out for my interests. My supervisor wanted to make sure I was working in the field I wanted to study but I was also placed in many departments so as to get a taste of everything.

There was nothing to dislike whatsoever.

Make sure you make yourself available at the workplace and constantly ask for work. Be extremely friendly and do a lot of talking.

Advice to Management

I was happy with everything.

Everything I could have asked for in an Internship

The people who went out of there way every day to answer any question I had, but still challenge me.

I was not a fan of Washington, DC. I have never considered myself a city person and this experience proved that fact. I think I would have really enjoyed my time at Turner in another area.

If you plan to go into the construction industry there is no better company to intern with. They never gave me busy work, it was always something that was important to a project. They made sure that I had every chance to meet people at various networking and social events. Not only do they pay their interns well, but they also make sure that you leave with a wealth of knowledge. If you have the choice between Skanska or Turner, which is what I had, go with Turner and you will not be disappointed.

Advice to Management

I have to say that there is not anything that really pops into my mind for this. The only thing I can think of is to have more interns placed in SPD. I was the only one in this division and it really helped me see how different each project is. Since the pace is so much quicker in SPD you get to see various aspects of construction as opposed to just seeing a specific phase throughout the entire experience.

Date: 2012

Getting true exposure to the world of construction

The best aspects of the internship were the people I worked with and the experience I gained that has helped me in my classes, obtain multiple job offers from different companies, and will help me when I start working with this company in the summer.

One of the aspects I liked least about my internship was that, because I was only there for two and a half months it was difficult to have any type of long-term project.

This internship was a really good exposure to the construction world. I was exposed to the superintendent side, the engineer side, and the project management/scheduling side. It is also good to see the type of people you would be dealing with in the field. Everyone at Turner that I have worked with (I've done three internships with them) has been very friendly, helpful, intelligent, and dedicated to their work.

Field Experience for the Construction based Civil Engineer

The team that I worked with was very helpful and let me learn through experience instead of handing me everything. The field experience was invaluable because it teaches you what you can't learn in a classroom.

The cost aspects of controls engineering. (personal preference, still am glad that I learned it).

Don't expect everything to come naturally, you will get frusterated and you will fail, your employer knows this and your success will be based on whether you learn from those failures.

Advice to Management

I think the management team did a great job to include everybody in everything. I never felt once that I was lower than someone and this was a direct result of the management teams hospitality.

Date: 2012

Turner Construction does it again as intern has the experience of a lifetime.

The people and level of involvement I was allowed to have during my internship.

Being able to have an affect on the project during my short tenure.

Turner Construction is an excellent place to work. The people they employ are really the top of their class.

Advice to Management

Company standardized methods. Because I am new to the profession, I felt unorganized myself, although all others were perfectly organized.

Date: 2012

A glimpse of the real world.

The people I got to work with.

The commmute length.

Turner is a great company to work for because they care about you and they are very flexible.