4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 93 Intern Reviews)

Dynamic Industry Focused Internship Completed by Intern
Nashville, TN | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The quality of the people I worked with was like any other internship I have had. Everyone I was surrounded by was very knowledgeable and willing to help, even when they were extremely busy.

I LOVED that I was a part of the Turner team while I was an intern. The tasks that I performed everyday were important to the team goals and objectives.

If a candidate is looking to gain knowledge of the construction industry at its highest level of integrity, discipline and performance, then Turner Construction is the perfect tutor. The internship opportunity allow for real-world construction experience and responsibility that will adequately prepare you to work for a successful career in the construction field.

Experiencing the day to day operations of a top-tier national construction company that deals with high profile clients.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience

Not seeing all projects, meeting all employees.

Great company with great employeers that get to work on the highest profile jobs.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of negative attitudes of on-site labor in respect to project managers and project executives. This applies to the industry as a whole. Maybe that’s what it’s supposed to be like or maybe it’s unavoidable, I don't know. But, being able to see both ends of work, I personally would like to dissolve the negativity between the working force and the executives. If the on-site hands favor working for Turner more so than others, their production will increase, and they will be fighting to come work for Turner.

Internship to introduce you to what Construction Management is all about working with a real project team
Washington, DC | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My project team taught me so much and really took me in. They made me feel like a part of the team and those relationships really made my experience valuable

Sometimes there were lulls in my workload since I was an intern but that was expected and I still learned something every day.

Turner is a wonderful company. They have so much to teach you. It is up to you to take advantage of every opportunity though. Ask for more work if you want to learn more, voice your interests, and really get to know the people you work with.

Advice to Management

My experience was wonderful, I really enjoyed the opportunity to see another jobsite for a peer review as well. I had no issues.

Real world experience, and learned from the best people in the industry.
Houston, TX | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Best aspects of the internship would be how I got started right away in the field. I did not push any papers or get coffee to upper managment, I experienced what is like to be upper managment and what it takes to be successful .

I had no bad experience working at my internship.

Always ask questions to any thing you do not understand. Everyone in my organization was more that glad to answer all my questions, and always take pride in your work.

Advice to Management

I feel that interns should get pay raises as you progress throughout your internship. You gain experience each month and get better at your job, which i feel deserves a little pay raise to reward your hard work.

Great people, great experience, great company
San Diego, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people i worked with had to be the most helpful aspect of my internship. You can get paid well anywhere in this industry, but if you don't like the culture at work then it can be miserable. I loved the culture on the jobsite.

I didn't like having to leave so early for school. i was learning more in the internship than I was at school.

Get to know the company and it's people inside and out. Find something you do that can make yourself stand out from the others.

Advice to Management

Try to have more social events for employees and interns so the interns can begin the networking process. I wish I could have met more of the upper-management of my office.

Field Experience for the Construction based Civil Engineer
Nashville, TN | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team that I worked with was very helpful and let me learn through experience instead of handing me everything. The field experience was invaluable because it teaches you what you can't learn in a classroom.

The cost aspects of controls engineering. (personal preference, still am glad that I learned it).

Don't expect everything to come naturally, you will get frusterated and you will fail, your employer knows this and your success will be based on whether you learn from those failures.

Advice to Management

I think the management team did a great job to include everybody in everything. I never felt once that I was lower than someone and this was a direct result of the management teams hospitality.

A glimpse of the real world.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to work with.

The commmute length.

Turner is a great company to work for because they care about you and they are very flexible.

Getting true exposure to the world of construction
Columbus, OH | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people I worked with and the experience I gained that has helped me in my classes, obtain multiple job offers from different companies, and will help me when I start working with this company in the summer.

One of the aspects I liked least about my internship was that, because I was only there for two and a half months it was difficult to have any type of long-term project.

This internship was a really good exposure to the construction world. I was exposed to the superintendent side, the engineer side, and the project management/scheduling side. It is also good to see the type of people you would be dealing with in the field. Everyone at Turner that I have worked with (I've done three internships with them) has been very friendly, helpful, intelligent, and dedicated to their work.

It was my opportunity to learn, grow, and become aware of what I am capable of.
Nashville, TN | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was great to be able to have hands on experience. I enjoyed meeting everyone at the different job locations. Everyone had great advice for me and it was nice to be able to network with people from different departments.

I really have enjoyed all of my co-op experiences so far. The only thing I'd say I didn't like was being in an office from 8-5 every day. There was nothing wrong with the people I worked with, I just think I am happier doing work that requires me to be hands on.

This company is great to work for. Everyone is very helpful and I have felt support since day one.

Best oportunity out there for a college student looking for a great lifelong carrer
Buffalo, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

This company will teach you as much as you can take in during the time you are with them. They treat you like you are one of the family and work with you if you every need help.

I did not have any problems out on my job. As long as you work hard and do your work then there is nothing wrong.

This is a geat company that truly cares about their employees. They make sure that they take care of there own and make you feel a part of that. If you are lucky enough to get with this company it will job for a lifetime because you will be so happy there.