Turner BRIDGE Program

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 93 Intern Reviews)

Getting true exposure to the world of construction
Columbus, OH | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people I worked with and the experience I gained that has helped me in my classes, obtain multiple job offers from different companies, and will help me when I start working with this company in the summer.

One of the aspects I liked least about my internship was that, because I was only there for two and a half months it was difficult to have any type of long-term project.

This internship was a really good exposure to the construction world. I was exposed to the superintendent side, the engineer side, and the project management/scheduling side. It is also good to see the type of people you would be dealing with in the field. Everyone at Turner that I have worked with (I've done three internships with them) has been very friendly, helpful, intelligent, and dedicated to their work.

Great people, great experience, great company
San Diego, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people i worked with had to be the most helpful aspect of my internship. You can get paid well anywhere in this industry, but if you don't like the culture at work then it can be miserable. I loved the culture on the jobsite.

I didn't like having to leave so early for school. i was learning more in the internship than I was at school.

Get to know the company and it's people inside and out. Find something you do that can make yourself stand out from the others.

Advice to Management

Try to have more social events for employees and interns so the interns can begin the networking process. I wish I could have met more of the upper-management of my office.

Real world experience, and learned from the best people in the industry.
Houston, TX | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Best aspects of the internship would be how I got started right away in the field. I did not push any papers or get coffee to upper managment, I experienced what is like to be upper managment and what it takes to be successful .

I had no bad experience working at my internship.

Always ask questions to any thing you do not understand. Everyone in my organization was more that glad to answer all my questions, and always take pride in your work.

Advice to Management

I feel that interns should get pay raises as you progress throughout your internship. You gain experience each month and get better at your job, which i feel deserves a little pay raise to reward your hard work.

This internship not only allowed me to understand the building process, but was a way for me to seperate myself from other graduates.
San Francisco, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning experience is something that cannot be taught in a classroom. Being in the field and understanding the building process.

The commute, but that is just part of the industry.

To have an open mind and ask as many questions as you can. Turner knew were I was coming from, and I needed to show that I was more than willing learn and understand the industry.

Advice to Management

I could not ask for a better project team than the people I worked with at the Pier 27 Project. They exposed me to knew things and were more than willing to help with any problems that I may have had.

Amazing Way to Learn the Business
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

the amount of things i learned. i felt that everyday i was learning something new and important. what i learned over the summer is now making things in the class room much less challenging.

there really wasnt anything that i didnt like.

be open minded and willing to learn so that you can make the most of the experience

Advice to Management

possibly get rid of the two week pay system and the online time sheets

Field Experience for the Construction based Civil Engineer
Nashville, TN | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team that I worked with was very helpful and let me learn through experience instead of handing me everything. The field experience was invaluable because it teaches you what you can't learn in a classroom.

The cost aspects of controls engineering. (personal preference, still am glad that I learned it).

Don't expect everything to come naturally, you will get frusterated and you will fail, your employer knows this and your success will be based on whether you learn from those failures.

Advice to Management

I think the management team did a great job to include everybody in everything. I never felt once that I was lower than someone and this was a direct result of the management teams hospitality.

A glimpse of the real world.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to work with.

The commmute length.

Turner is a great company to work for because they care about you and they are very flexible.

Fantastic learning opurtunity where your work leads to real world results and cutting edge buildings!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Turner does a great job in incorporating all aspects of the construction industry into their internships.
Working with subcontractors, engineers, architects, and the client leads to a great understanding of construction.
Turner encouraged me to become LEED certified as well as OSHA certified.

No particular part of my internship stands out as a con. Everything Turner asked of me was another opurtunity for success.

Take some construction management courses within college.
Diversify your class schedule to experience all types of engineering/ construction / safety.
Become familiar with Excel, Word, Bluebeam.
Keep persuing Turner as a potential employer even after an initial interview.

Great introductory experience in the construction field
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to learn about my field of interest

It was a long commute

Turner is a great company that respects and treats employees well

It was my opportunity to learn, grow, and become aware of what I am capable of.
Nashville, TN | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was great to be able to have hands on experience. I enjoyed meeting everyone at the different job locations. Everyone had great advice for me and it was nice to be able to network with people from different departments.

I really have enjoyed all of my co-op experiences so far. The only thing I'd say I didn't like was being in an office from 8-5 every day. There was nothing wrong with the people I worked with, I just think I am happier doing work that requires me to be hands on.

This company is great to work for. Everyone is very helpful and I have felt support since day one.