Turner BRIDGE Program Internship

Date: 2012

Getting true exposure to the world of construction

The best aspects of the internship were the people I worked with and the experience I gained that has helped me in my classes, obtain multiple job offers from different companies, and will help me when I start working with this company in the summer.

One of the aspects I liked least about my internship was that, because I was only there for two and a half months it was difficult to have any type of long-term project.

This internship was a really good exposure to the construction world. I was exposed to the superintendent side, the engineer side, and the project management/scheduling side. It is also good to see the type of people you would be dealing with in the field. Everyone at Turner that I have worked with (I've done three internships with them) has been very friendly, helpful, intelligent, and dedicated to their work.

Date: 2012

A glimpse of the real world.

The people I got to work with.

The commmute length.

Turner is a great company to work for because they care about you and they are very flexible.

Date: 2012

Incredible opportunity for industry experience with top construction management company

The best aspects were the people that I worked with, the experience I gained in the industry and the opportunities that I can gain after interning with such a prestigious company.

What I liked least about the internship was that I was limited to being able to help out my co-workers becuase of my lack of experience.

My advice to potential interns would be to take the position seriously, network, and try to learn as much about the field as possible.

Advice to Management

I believe there really is nothing that this organization needs to do to become a better place to work, they are the best in the industry.

Reassuring My Decision to be an Engineer

I never had any downtime I was always doing something. Everyone was extremely friendly and taught me how to succeed at working in the engineering field. Everyone looked out for my interests. My supervisor wanted to make sure I was working in the field I wanted to study but I was also placed in many departments so as to get a taste of everything.

There was nothing to dislike whatsoever.

Make sure you make yourself available at the workplace and constantly ask for work. Be extremely friendly and do a lot of talking.

Advice to Management

I was happy with everything.

Everything I could have asked for in an Internship

The people who went out of there way every day to answer any question I had, but still challenge me.

I was not a fan of Washington, DC. I have never considered myself a city person and this experience proved that fact. I think I would have really enjoyed my time at Turner in another area.

If you plan to go into the construction industry there is no better company to intern with. They never gave me busy work, it was always something that was important to a project. They made sure that I had every chance to meet people at various networking and social events. Not only do they pay their interns well, but they also make sure that you leave with a wealth of knowledge. If you have the choice between Skanska or Turner, which is what I had, go with Turner and you will not be disappointed.

Advice to Management

I have to say that there is not anything that really pops into my mind for this. The only thing I can think of is to have more interns placed in SPD. I was the only one in this division and it really helped me see how different each project is. Since the pace is so much quicker in SPD you get to see various aspects of construction as opposed to just seeing a specific phase throughout the entire experience.

Date: 2012

It was my opportunity to learn, grow, and become aware of what I am capable of.

It was great to be able to have hands on experience. I enjoyed meeting everyone at the different job locations. Everyone had great advice for me and it was nice to be able to network with people from different departments.

I really have enjoyed all of my co-op experiences so far. The only thing I'd say I didn't like was being in an office from 8-5 every day. There was nothing wrong with the people I worked with, I just think I am happier doing work that requires me to be hands on.

This company is great to work for. Everyone is very helpful and I have felt support since day one.

Amazing Way to Learn the Business

the amount of things i learned. i felt that everyday i was learning something new and important. what i learned over the summer is now making things in the class room much less challenging.

there really wasnt anything that i didnt like.

be open minded and willing to learn so that you can make the most of the experience

Advice to Management

possibly get rid of the two week pay system and the online time sheets

Date: 2012

Best oportunity out there for a college student looking for a great lifelong carrer

This company will teach you as much as you can take in during the time you are with them. They treat you like you are one of the family and work with you if you every need help.

I did not have any problems out on my job. As long as you work hard and do your work then there is nothing wrong.

This is a geat company that truly cares about their employees. They make sure that they take care of there own and make you feel a part of that. If you are lucky enough to get with this company it will job for a lifetime because you will be so happy there.

Date: 2012

Best experience one can get that college will never be able to teach you or show you

The people that I worked with, they became my family in a way the enviorment that I was working in was awesome. I was shown many aspects of the construction management that they dont teach you in college because it has to do with real world examples and your in the middle of it.

Nothing was really a problem while I was doing my internship.

Being organized is key to running a proper construction job site in and out of the office. Stay on top of your duties and if you fall behind which you shouldnt, take the time to fix it and learn from it.

Field Experience for the Construction based Civil Engineer

The team that I worked with was very helpful and let me learn through experience instead of handing me everything. The field experience was invaluable because it teaches you what you can't learn in a classroom.

The cost aspects of controls engineering. (personal preference, still am glad that I learned it).

Don't expect everything to come naturally, you will get frusterated and you will fail, your employer knows this and your success will be based on whether you learn from those failures.

Advice to Management

I think the management team did a great job to include everybody in everything. I never felt once that I was lower than someone and this was a direct result of the management teams hospitality.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)